Page 765 of 765 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765
Results 19,101 to 19,117 of 19117

Thread: How Are You Feeling?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

by Fri May 17th, 2019, 08:05

Stressed and waiting for a positive ruling.

Legend
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

by Wed June 5th, 2019, 01:06

I feel mostly okay, which is a refreshing change of pace from the last two months!
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2019: [200-176]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by Mon October 21st, 2019, 19:16

I'm currently dealing with heavy anxiety and all the nice things that come with it. I've "suffered" with depression for all my life but I've never let it take over. I'm a very positive person at heart and most of the time my positivity wins against the darkness. Right now it's difficult finding that positive spark, it feels like I'm in the dark and I see that little light but I just can't reach it...like in a nightmare where you try to grasp for something but it's impossible.
    It's not impossible and I know I'll find my way back but it's just very difficult this time. I know that it's inherent, I've had these feelings even as a little kid but with aging the frequency of these issues have increased a lot.
    I don't really even know why I'm posting this, just wanted to get it off my chest I guess. It gets so lonely feeling like this, especially because people always say "Oh you're so nice and friendly and spontaneous...everyone feels bad sometimes". You know, just because I don't walk around with a frown all the time.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Legend
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)

by Mon October 21st, 2019, 19:33

^ Thanks for being so open with how you're feeling! Unfortunately, I have been in a similar place lately. But I've been struggling with depression since I've been 12 years old, so more than half of my life and since one year I've finally realized that these dark phases are often similar to a battle in a game and if you get through it, you reach a new level and grow even more. Having this back in my mind makes it easier to go through it because I know that I'll go further with myself (if that makes sense?) afterwards.

Plus I've started to be more open about these things which has been helping a lot as well.

Currently my biggest struggle is sleep. I'm always so afraid of sleep because I know exactly I'll have a terrible night with everything that is going on in my mind and me questioning everything I did during the day.

The last part of your post made me smile because that is also so me! People are always surprised how friendly and nice I am and I think 'What? I'm such a mess right now, got no sleep, having a bad mood and I'm soooo insecure about myself - don't they see that?'

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by Mon October 21st, 2019, 19:46

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    But I've been struggling with depression since I've been 12 years old, so more than half of my life and since one year I've finally realized that these dark phases are often similar to a battle in a game and if you get through it, you reach a new level and grow even more.
    This is exactly how I experience it. I know things will eventually turn out for the better, as if it's almost something that "has to be done". This knowledge doesn't make it easier though...I get so sad and disappointed when I hit another low after just climbing out of the previous one...I mean it's exhausting. But indeed, after all is said and done, it does bring so much insight and clarity and I come out with more knowledge everytime. The dark and light goes hand in hand and they both grow stronger everytime but I find it more difficult to deal with the dark everytime and sometimes I'm scared there will come a day that I forget about this pattern during a dark patch.
    I'm "glad" to hear something similar from others, not that I want anyone to feel that way but I'm glad it's not a lonely situation.

And regarding sleep, absolutely feel you on that too. It's rare that I wake up truly rested. I sometimes wake up feeling truly rested and those are the days I feel best. Usually my nights are haunted with very vivid dreams and many wake ups.
    Last edited by Hejira; Mon October 21st, 2019 at 19:52.

Legend
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)

by Mon October 21st, 2019, 19:53

Sorry to hear you two feel like this. I'm blessed to have a happy nature. But my husband suffers from PTSS. He's going through one of his darker moments right now. It's very hard as I feel so powerless and can't help him. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by Mon October 28th, 2019, 19:33

I've rejected medication for years and honestly I've managed to deal without any but since it's extra difficult to find my way out right now, my doctor gave some Oxazepam on my request just so I could experience what it would do and if it might have a positive impact.
    Let me clarify first: It's rare that I take any medication for anything, I get through headaches etc without paracetamol and I certainly don't take recreational drugs.
    So I took half an Ox pill on a plan-free day last weekend. At first I felt just a bit more relaxed but nothing a glass of wine couldn't do TBH, a few hours later I was sleepy as hell and I felt depressed for feeling sleepy and zombie-ish. I just wanted to sleep.
    The next day (the effect is supposed to wear of after 10 hours) I was enormously slow and I felt like I was daydreaming and it wasn't after another night of sleep that I felt like "myself" again.
    I'm very curious, are there people here who take this medication and how do you react to it?
    I'm more frightened to use it again after trying it...it turned me into a useless zombie for so long. Smoking a joint even seems a better option.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

by Wed October 30th, 2019, 00:07

I am feeling really great.

Legend
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)

by Wed October 30th, 2019, 21:35

I am feeling so-so at the moment.

Having a few shit weeks at work, can't shake it - and that's then having an impact on other things.

Legend
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)

by Wed October 30th, 2019, 21:40

Quote Originally Posted by Hejira View Post
    I've rejected medication for years and honestly I've managed to deal without any but since it's extra difficult to find my way out right now, my doctor gave some Oxazepam on my request just so I could experience what it would do and if it might have a positive impact.
    Let me clarify first: It's rare that I take any medication for anything, I get through headaches etc without paracetamol and I certainly don't take recreational drugs.
    So I took half an Ox pill on a plan-free day last weekend. At first I felt just a bit more relaxed but nothing a glass of wine couldn't do TBH, a few hours later I was sleepy as hell and I felt depressed for feeling sleepy and zombie-ish. I just wanted to sleep.
    The next day (the effect is supposed to wear of after 10 hours) I was enormously slow and I felt like I was daydreaming and it wasn't after another night of sleep that I felt like "myself" again.
    I'm very curious, are there people here who take this medication and how do you react to it?
    I'm more frightened to use it again after trying it...it turned me into a useless zombie for so long. Smoking a joint even seems a better option.
    Mijn man heeft oxazepam gekregen tegen stress. Het helpt, hij wordt er rustiger van. Maar inderdaad ook moe. Hij probeert het dan ook alleen te nemen als hij erg veel last heeft van stress.
    Hij raadt aan om hier met je huisarts over te praten. Dat is de enige die je echt advies kan geven.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by Thu October 31st, 2019, 17:58

I'm allright thanks!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by Thu October 31st, 2019, 18:01

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    Mijn man heeft oxazepam gekregen tegen stress. Het helpt, hij wordt er rustiger van. Maar inderdaad ook moe. Hij probeert het dan ook alleen te nemen als hij erg veel last heeft van stress.
    Hij raadt aan om hier met je huisarts over te praten. Dat is de enige die je echt advies kan geven.
    Vind het wel fijn om ervaringsverhalen te horen hierover, kijk mijn huisarts slikt het zelf (neem ik aan) niet, maar ze zal wel een beeld hebben van het effect door de jaren heen. Ik schrok een beetje hoe moe ik ervan werd en ik heb hierdoor meer weerstand gekregen om het te slikken, maar inderdaad, in een noodsituatie denk ik dat het zeker effect heeft op torenhoge stress en angst.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

by Sat November 2nd, 2019, 15:47

Vind het wel fijn om ervaringsverhalen te horen hierover, kijk mijn huisarts slikt het zelf (neem ik aan) niet, maar ze zal wel een beeld hebben van het effect door de jaren heen. Ik schrok een beetje hoe moe ik ervan werd en ik heb hierdoor meer weerstand gekregen om het te slikken, maar inderdaad, in een noodsituatie denk ik dat het zeker effect heeft op torenhoge stress en angst.
    Be well.

Legend
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)

by Tue November 12th, 2019, 20:25

Sorry, my days have been super stressful lately, otherwise I would have replied way sooner.

How are you dealing with the medication these days, if I may ask?
    I took some medication during Summer 2018. I don't remember the name unfortunately, but it was basically an antidepressants paired with sleeping medication. So therefor I had to take them in the evening. I really had a better sleep quickly, but it became a real struggle to get up in the morning and at some point it took me up to two hours between the alarm clock starting to wake me up and me really going up. I also gained a LOT of weight so at some point I decided to stop taking them. So while they helped in some aspects, they were also not helpful in others and ever since I'm searching for a better solution without finding that one good solution.

Funny how you mention smoking a joint. To be honest that has been the best thing of all the things I've tried out. But smoking joints is also not a good thing for people with depression or other mental illness, at least that's what some doctors say. As for me, it really helps me to calm down, get my head free of all the worries in my job & my depression, I fall asleep very quickly (and have an overall better 'ending' of the day) BUT it's also tough to get up in the morning that way plus you also can't do it daily (at least I can't; I did it for a while and it has started to affect my daily life, so I had to stop). Interestingly, ever since I stopped smoking joints, I started to feel way worse again

So yeah, I'm still searching for that one solution and currently I have no idea what I should try out next. It's kinda annoying as I hate going in circles for so long now.

Legend
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)

by Yesterday, 17:50

I'm feeling good.

I've had a few days off work, been able to recharge my batteries - looking forward to going back tomorrow though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Today, 15:56

pretty good, thanks! Have a day off today