User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78

Thread: Westlife :: Charts & Sales History

  1. #1

    Join Date
    03 Jan 2006
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sat January 14th, 2006, 21:02

    Do anybody have the soundscan sales for the USA import for Westlife's duet with Diana Ross called "When You Tell Me That You Love Me"


    ... and did it went Gold in the UK yet?

  2. #2
    matthew_dixon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Mar 2001
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    49,003
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sat January 14th, 2006, 22:33

    Combining two topics here.

    Quote Originally Posted by West
    Anyone know how much did Coast to Coast sold world wide? I heard 12 millions. Is it true? Anyone knows the right sales of Coast to Coast? Also Face to Face w.w. sales? I heard it sold around 1.5 millions. Is true? anyone knows?

    For both albums?

    Coast to coast 12 m.
    Face to face 1.5 m.

    ???

  3. #3
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 20:35

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew_dixon
    Combining two topics here.

    Quote Originally Posted by West
    Anyone know how much did Coast to Coast sold world wide? I heard 12 millions. Is it true? Anyone knows the right sales of Coast to Coast? Also Face to Face w.w. sales? I heard it sold around 1.5 millions. Is true? anyone knows?

    For both albums?

    Coast to coast 12 m.
    Face to face 1.5 m.

    ???
    Yes, Coast To Coast has sold 12 million. Face To Face is probably pushing its way towards 2 million copies worldwide, its already sold over a million copies in the U.K. in 11 weeks.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 May 2004
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 20:43

    They sold a million in Indonesia alone.

  5. #5
    zeus555's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,668
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 21:11

    Yes,
    Can we have the Peak Positions for 'Coast To Coast', from across Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the USA, & Canada, etc?

    So we can see where these 12 Million Sales could have come from?

    I am sure that Nelson can attempt to supply this information.

    It should be fascinating.

    Colin

  6. #6
    Manager
    Join Date
    14 Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 21:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew_dixon
    Combining two topics here.

    Quote Originally Posted by West
    Anyone know how much did Coast to Coast sold world wide? I heard 12 millions. Is it true? Anyone knows the right sales of Coast to Coast? Also Face to Face w.w. sales? I heard it sold around 1.5 millions. Is true? anyone knows?

    For both albums?

    Coast to coast 12 m.
    Face to face 1.5 m.

    ???
    Yes, Coast To Coast has sold 12 million. Face To Face is probably pushing its way towards 2 million copies worldwide, its already sold over a million copies in the U.K. in 11 weeks.
    12 Million? Since it didn't sell in the US or Canada this can't be right. Please God, it can't be right!
    Mummy, mummy, it's the Gods!

  7. #7
    zeus555's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,668
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 21:31

    It is NOT right! It is Record Company hype.

    Westlife hardly get even into the Top 10, of the Album Charts, in most of Europe - or Australia, and never have Album Hits in the USA, or Canada.

    It is nonsense, to suggest that 'Coast To Coast', sold so many!

    I would be surprised if Westlife had even sold 5 Million of any Album Globally.

    ABBA used to have Number 1, or Number 2 Albums, all over the place, and sell 500,000 to 1 Million of many of their Albums, in the USA, (even though they never had a USA Top 10 Album) - but ABBA are supposed to have never sold 12 Million, (or more), of any Album until, 'Gold'.

    Westlife have Number 1, and Number 2 Albums in a FEW Countries only, and we are supposed to believe that one of them sold 12 Million.

    LOL!

    Colin

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 May 2004
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 22:29

    WESTLIFE

    Code:
    Title          US JP KO IN MA BR AU EU   UK   GE   WW
    Coast To Coast     0 .2  1 .1  0  0  2 (1.5) (.2) 4.2
    World Of Our       0 .2              2 (1.2) (.2) 2.3
    Westlife              0           0  2 (1.2)      2.1
    Unbreakable          .2                 1.2  (.2) 1.6
    Face To Face                            1.2       1.2
    Turnaround         0  0              1 (0.6)      1.1
    Allow Us To Be        0                (0.6)      0.6
    
    Total                                7           13.1

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 May 2004
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 22:32

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus555
    I am sure that Nelson can attempt to supply this information.

    It should be fascinating.

    Colin
    Ok, I posted those.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Nov 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    11,969
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon January 16th, 2006, 22:50

    Coast To Coast :

    Asia
    Malaysia : 100.000
    Singapore : 75.000
    Indonesia : 1.200.000
    Taiwan : 90.000
    Korea : 60.000
    Thailand : 80.000
    Hong Kong : 20.000
    India : 10.000
    Japan : 65.000

    Others
    Middle East Platinum = ?!
    South Africa : 100.000
    Mexico : 115.000
    Brazil : 100.000 (according to this "database"...)
    New Zealand : 30.000
    Australia : 35.000

    But all numbers in Asia are only old certifications, this album sold much more, for example certified at 60k in Korea, sold over 250k.

    In UK Coast To Coast sold 1,7m. Maybe 150k in Ireland. 80k in Sweden, over 150k in Germany.

    This album sold easily over 5M WW.
    25 June 2009, the day the Music died

  11. #11
    AutomaticBR's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    03 Jul 2004
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    12,801
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 00:58

    MJ, Platinum in Middle East (or "Gulf States") is 30k

  12. #12
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 08:29

    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.

  13. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Nov 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    11,969
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 14:53

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.
    Do maths ! You are speaking for nothing...

    Indonesia + UK = Already 2,9 millions.

    + Miles over 1 million in other Asian markets, Asia + UK = Clearly over 4 millions. Over 100k in Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland... So, what is your problem ?


    BTW, Thanks AutomaticBR.
    25 June 2009, the day the Music died

  14. #14
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 18:36

    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.
    Do maths ! You are speaking for nothing...

    Indonesia + UK = Already 2,9 millions.

    + Miles over 1 million in other Asian markets, Asia + UK = Clearly over 4 millions. Over 100k in Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland... So, what is your problem ?


    BTW, Thanks AutomaticBR.
    I don't find out how much albums have sold in different places to get the worldwide sales, I normally read them off some other website which just has the total worldwide sales.

    So - as for your comment: Do maths! No, I don't need to.

  15. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Nov 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    11,969
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 18:52

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.
    Do maths ! You are speaking for nothing...

    Indonesia + UK = Already 2,9 millions.

    + Miles over 1 million in other Asian markets, Asia + UK = Clearly over 4 millions. Over 100k in Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland... So, what is your problem ?


    BTW, Thanks AutomaticBR.
    I don't find out how much albums have sold in different places to get the worldwide sales, I normally read them off some other website which just has the total worldwide sales.

    So - as for your comment: Do maths! No, I don't need to.
    You don't need, really ? I'm not surprised to see after that your 209 millions albums sales figures about Madonna...
    25 June 2009, the day the Music died

  16. #16
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 19:23

    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.
    Do maths ! You are speaking for nothing...

    Indonesia + UK = Already 2,9 millions.

    + Miles over 1 million in other Asian markets, Asia + UK = Clearly over 4 millions. Over 100k in Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland... So, what is your problem ?


    BTW, Thanks AutomaticBR.
    I don't find out how much albums have sold in different places to get the worldwide sales, I normally read them off some other website which just has the total worldwide sales.

    So - as for your comment: Do maths! No, I don't need to.
    You don't need, really ? I'm not surprised to see after that your 209 millions albums sales figures about Madonna...
    Here we go again

  17. #17
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 19:24

    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.
    Do maths ! You are speaking for nothing...

    Indonesia + UK = Already 2,9 millions.

    + Miles over 1 million in other Asian markets, Asia + UK = Clearly over 4 millions. Over 100k in Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland... So, what is your problem ?


    BTW, Thanks AutomaticBR.
    I don't find out how much albums have sold in different places to get the worldwide sales, I normally read them off some other website which just has the total worldwide sales.

    So - as for your comment: Do maths! No, I don't need to.
    You don't need, really ? I'm not surprised to see after that your 209 millions albums sales figures about Madonna...
    Here we go again

    Where did you find out about Madonna's sales? I'm wondering.

  18. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Nov 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    11,969
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 19:46

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.
    Do maths ! You are speaking for nothing...

    Indonesia + UK = Already 2,9 millions.

    + Miles over 1 million in other Asian markets, Asia + UK = Clearly over 4 millions. Over 100k in Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland... So, what is your problem ?


    BTW, Thanks AutomaticBR.
    I don't find out how much albums have sold in different places to get the worldwide sales, I normally read them off some other website which just has the total worldwide sales.

    So - as for your comment: Do maths! No, I don't need to.
    You don't need, really ? I'm not surprised to see after that your 209 millions albums sales figures about Madonna...
    Here we go again

    Where did you find out about Madonna's sales? I'm wondering.
    We look to all avalaible informations country by country, it's not only look at a sh*t site which pretend have all and give only BS.
    25 June 2009, the day the Music died

  19. #19
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 20:05

    [quote=MJDangerous]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by "Yoshie":1hsjg3t4
    Coast to coast has sold just over 4 million. LOL, sorry.
    Do maths ! You are speaking for nothing...

    Indonesia + UK = Already 2,9 millions.

    + Miles over 1 million in other Asian markets, Asia + UK = Clearly over 4 millions. Over 100k in Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland... So, what is your problem ?


    BTW, Thanks AutomaticBR.
    I don't find out how much albums have sold in different places to get the worldwide sales, I normally read them off some other website which just has the total worldwide sales.

    So - as for your comment: Do maths! No, I don't need to.
    You don't need, really ? I'm not surprised to see after that your 209 millions albums sales figures about Madonna...
    Here we go again

    Where did you find out about Madonna's sales? I'm wondering.
    We look to all avalaible informations country by country, it's not only look at a sh*t site which pretend have all and give only BS.[/quote:1hsjg3t4]

    I really didn't understand half of that....... Anyway, fair enough

  20. #20

    Join Date
    14 Jan 2006
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 20:44

    Westlife will beat madonna in the singles chart next month for sure and get another no.1!!!!!!

  21. #21
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 21:00

    Quote Originally Posted by West
    Westlife will beat madonna in the singles chart next month for sure and get another no.1!!!!!!
    They are both great but I hope Chico (who is released the same date) doesn't get No. 1! Probably won't over WL or Madonna

  22. #22
    zeus555's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,668
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 22:39

    Hello,
    Yes, 'Coast To Coast', probably sold 4 Million Globally. Just maybe 5 Million. I seem to recall their Record Company claiming 7 Million Global Sales for it, a few Years ago - all of a sudden, 12 Million Sales for it are being claimed.

    Westlife started off doing quite well in all, or part, of Scandinavia, I recall, but even in those Countries they are not as successful as they once were.

    They have done well in South Korea, and Indonesia, but in many Countries they mean little - they do not mean much in Holland & Germany, for example - their latest Album was not very big in either Country. I checked. Take That were bigger than Westlife ever were in Germany - and bigger in Germany, than Westlife ever will be.

    Nor do Westlife mean much in Australia, and certainly not in North America - be it in Canada, or the USA.

    I do not even know why anyone thinks they are so fantastic anyhow. Everytime they have smaller Hits than usual, they turn to Cover Versions. Showaddywaddy did the same - except that at least they were lively on Stage, and did not perform like a Val Doonican Tribute Act. He liked to sit down, a lot, when he sang his - mostly - Ballads, too.

    Most Westlife Songs are Ballads. They cannot create Music. They just get told what to Sing, and they Sing it. They do not even play instruments.

    MADONNA Vs WESTLIFE

    So what IF the next Westlife Single is their 14th UK Number 1? Their 13 Number 1's - 19 Top 10 Hits - so far have not even made them one of the:, All Time Top 30 SELLING UK Singles Acts.

    Alan Jones, reported a few Weeks, or Months back, that they had just passed the 5 Million UK Singles mark, with 'You Raise Me Up', being added to their Totals. It was still in the Top 5 at the time. They are probably on about 5.1 Million to 5.3 Million UK Singles Sales now.

    Guess what? They were in 44th place in the Top 50 UK Singles Acts, in the February 2004 List, and they are now somewhere between 32 and 36 - I estimate.

    To have 19 Top 10 Hits - all in the Top 5 - and 13 of them at Number 1 - and to still not sell enough to be in the:, All Time Singles Acts UK Top 30, is just NOT impressive - at all.

    Madonna has had 11 Number 1 Hits, to their 13, but she is the 4th All Time UK singles Act, with almost 15 Million UK Singles sold - almost 3 times as many Singles sold as Westlife.

    It truly will be the biggest joke in UK Chart History, IF Westlife ever reach 17 UK Number 1's, as that will equal The Beatles - and we will get the UK Press - and Westlife Fans - saying, 'Westlife are as big as The Beatles!'.

    IF they ever have 18 UK Number 1's, the same people will say, 'Westlife Are Bigger Than The Beatles!'.

    IF it ever happens, Westlife will be on about 6 Million to 6.5 Million UK Singles Sales - which would put them in 27th to 23rd place in the:, All Time Singles Acts - based on Sales - and The Beatles will still be in 2nd place - on almost 21 Million UK Singles Sales!

    Only an idiot would then claim that Westlife were as big - or bigger - than The Beatles in the UK Singles Chart. (As to the Album Chart - 5 Westlife Number 1 Albums - 5 Weeks at Number 1. 15 Beatles Number 1 Albums - 174 Weeks at Number 1. LOL!).

    Sadly, IF they ever have as many - or more - UK Number 1 Singles, than The Beatles, some people will say they are as huge as The Beatles.

    It is so dumb, that it is like calling for the USA to invade Iceland, on the grounds/claims, that Iceland has 12 Million Soldiers, 10,000 Nuclear Bombs, 20,000 Tanks, 7,000 War Ships, and is about to:, 'Conquer The World' - that is how ridiculous it is for anyone to dare to ever say Westlife come close to equalling, or beating The Beatles.

    And Westlife are certainly nowhere near Madonna's UK Sales either - not even close.

    By my reckoning their 3 Best Selling UK Singles have all been Cover Versions - 'Uptown Girl', 'I Have A Dream/Seasons In The Sun', and, 'You Raise Me Up'. I am not fully sure if, 'You Raise Me Up', is one of their 3 UK Best Sellers. However, it is still a Cover - as was, 'Mandy', and, 'Against All Odds'. I could never, ever worship such an uncreative Act. They are not special enough - in any way.

    That is the verdict that ALL future Pop Music Encyclopedias will have on Westlife too - a lot of success, but not much there that was special - or to truly be a creative Act.

    Just what is clever, or special about an Act who does mostly Ballads and a lot of Cover Versions? It shows how little they have added to CREATIVE Pop Culture.....Never has so little Creative Talent had so many UK Number 1's. Never has an Act, with so many UK Number 1's, sold so few UK Singles with them.....These are called Facts.....

    Colin

  23. #23
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,921
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue January 17th, 2006, 22:46

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus555
    Hello,
    Yes, 'Coast To Coast', probably sold 4 Million Globally. Just maybe 5 Million. I seem to recall their Record Company claiming 7 Million Global Sales for it, a few Years ago - all of a sudden, 12 Million Sales for it are being claimed.

    Westlife started off doing quite well in all, or part, of Scandinavia, I recall, but even in those Countries they are not as successful as they once were.

    They have done well in South Korea, and Indonesia, but in many Countries they mean little - they do not mean much in Holland & Germany, for example - their latest Album was not very big in either Country. I checked. Take That were bigger than Westlife ever were in Germany - and bigger in Germany, than Westlife ever will be.

    Nor do Westlife mean much in Australia, and certainly not in North America - be it in Canada, or the USA.

    I do not even know why anyone thinks they are so fantastic anyhow. Everytime they have smaller Hits than usual, they turn to Cover Versions. Showaddywaddy did the same - except that at least they were lively on Stage, and did not perform like a Val Doonican Tribute Act. He liked to sit down, a lot, when he sang his - mostly - Ballads, too.

    Most Westlife Songs are Ballads. They cannot create Music. They just get told what to Sing, and they Sing it. They do not even play instruments.

    MADONNA Vs WESTLIFE

    So what IF the next Westlife Single is their 14th UK Number 1? Their 13 Number 1's - 19 Top 10 Hits - so far have not even made them one of the:, All Time Top 30 SELLING UK Singles Acts.

    Alan Jones, reported a few Weeks, or Months back, that they had just passed the 5 Million UK Singles mark, with 'You Raise Me Up', being added to their Totals. It was still in the Top 5 at the time. They are probably on about 5.1 Million to 5.3 Million UK Singles Sales now.

    Guess what? They were in 44th place in the Top 50 UK Singles Acts, in the February 2004 List, and they are now somewhere between 32 and 36 - I estimate.

    To have 19 Top 10 Hits - all in the Top 5 - and 13 of them at Number 1 - and to still not sell enough to be in the:, All Time Singles Acts UK Top 30, is just NOT impressive - at all.

    Madonna has had 11 Number 1 Hits, to their 13, but she is the 4th All Time UK singles Act, with almost 15 Million UK Singles sold - almost 3 times as many Singles sold as Westlife.

    It truly will be the biggest joke in UK Chart History, IF Westlife ever reach 17 UK Number 1's, as that will equal The Beatles - and we will get the UK Press - and Westlife Fans - saying, 'Westlife are as big as The Beatles!'.

    IF they ever have 18 UK Number 1's, the same people will say, 'Westlife Are Bigger Than The Beatles!'.

    IF it ever happens, Westlife will be on about 6 Million to 6.5 Million UK Singles Sales - which would put them in 27th to 23rd place in the:, All Time Singles Acts - based on Sales - and The Beatles will still be in 2nd place - on almost 21 Million UK Singles Sales!

    Only an idiot would then claim that Westlife were as big - or bigger - than The Beatles in the UK Singles Chart. (As to the Album Chart - 5 Westlife Number 1 Albums - 5 Weeks at Number 1. 15 Beatles Number 1 Albums - 174 Weeks at Number 1. LOL!).

    Sadly, IF they ever have as many - or more - UK Number 1 Singles, than The Beatles, some people will say they are as huge as The Beatles.

    It is so dumb, that it is like calling for the USA to invade Iceland, on the grounds/claims, that Iceland has 12 Million Soldiers, 10,000 Nuclear Bombs, 20,000 Tanks, 7,000 War Ships, and is about to:, 'Conquer The World' - that is how ridiculous it is for anyone to dare to ever say Westlife come close to equalling, or beating The Beatles.

    And Westlife are certainly nowhere near Madonna's UK Sales either - not even close.

    By my reckoning their 3 Best Selling UK Singles have all been Cover Versions - 'Uptown Girl', 'I Have A Dream/Seasons In The Sun', and, 'You Raise Me Up'.

    Just what is clever, or special about THAT? It shows how little they have added to CREATIVE Pop Culture.....Never has so little Creative Talent had so many UK Number 1's. Never has an Act, with so many UK Number 1's, sold so few UK Singles with them.....

    Colin
    As much as I like Westlife, saying they will be bigger than The Beatles will be a really laughable joke. I'd personally prefer Madonna to get No. 1 over Westlife, however.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    03 Jan 2006
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed January 18th, 2006, 00:40

    can someone please post Westlife import sales for the USA for the song "When You Tell Me That You Love Me".

  25. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Nov 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    11,969
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed January 18th, 2006, 01:22

    zeus555, why are you mixing chart performances with the talent of an artist ? Of course Westlfie are sh*t, they have never done nothing good, but does this mean that they haven't sold well ? Clearly, no.

    They are massive sellers in Asia, "Coast To Coast" is one of the best selling albums ever in Asia/except Japan. Don't look their certifications in Asia, they have sold much more. This album sold an absolute minimum of 3 millions in Asia. So, with 1,7m sold in UK, say that it sold "4m globally, just maybe 5m" because they are a shit band is a joke. Everybody (I hope) know that they have any talent, but yes they have sold very well in many countries (and not only in 1-2 like you say everytime), in at least 10 countries in Asia, UK and Ireland they are massive sellers, they sold very well in South Africa, in South America and in Scandinavia too. You say that many countries mean little like Indonesia and just after you claim that they do not mean much in Holland. Wake up, CTC sold 1,2 million in this country which "mean little", why they should care about one country where the best selling album of the year sold 200k ?
    etc...
    etc...
    etc...

    Also, who are comparing Westlife with the Beatles, except yourself ? Nobody. I don't even understand why you do this, everybody know that The Beatles are infinitely bigger than Westlife.
    25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •