Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmape
    Roadie
    • 12 Feb 2005

I used to say "no!" to jermaine dupri productions being on her next album, but now I'm starting to re-think that after I heard Bow Wow's new single "You Can Have It All" (prod. JD) and it samples TLC's "Baby Baby Baby" which is a CLASSIC !

if mariah uses JD for this album, I hope it samples some stuff. She just needs some Danja, Polow, Tricky, LOS Da Maestro ("My Love"), & Bangladesh.
    said like austin powers:
    "its mariah baybee yeah !"

Comment

• Luv2LuvU
      • 31 Mar 2005

back to the drawing board for mimi innit.... Love her to bits, but e=mc2 really was the pits
      NOT My GOODIES!!!

I'm not rude and I don't intend to me. I just speak the TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NUTHIN BUT THE TRUTH

Comment

• Wolves8
        Personal Assistant
        • 06 Aug 2007

No Mariah doesn't need some of these producers...she needs to use a hit making formula and just switch some people up...Mariah should hook up with Mark Ronson,Salaam Remi,Soulshock & Karlin,9th Wonder...switch it up some. Cristyle already confirmed they we're working on this new album long ago, and they seem to write well together.

Comment

• pmape
          Roadie
          • 12 Feb 2005

^ were probably gonna see this album sooner than expected, because I do recall reading Crystyle & JD finishing a track that they said wasn't for the EMC2 project. Then we gotta think about those leftover tracks from EMC2, and possible new one's created during the Hero/Right to Dream sessions.
          said like austin powers:

Comment

• SholasBoy
            Administrator and Site Supporter
            • 02 Aug 2002

This topic is going to be on at least 50 pages before anyone even hears anything. If people want to keep talking about what went wrong with the last album, they should do it in the existing topic and leave this for when we've actually heard something
            THIS WEEKS TOP 5
            Beyonce | LUNA | YG Marley | Debbie | Raiven

Comment

• UKMusicLova
              Legend
              • 05 Sep 2006

Has this topic been re-opened.
              If so then we can use this for new album discussion.

I have faith in Mariah this time. If she works with the right people she will have something good.
              Ryan Tedder. please please please!

Comment

• BlueDragon
                Personal Assistant
                • 22 Mar 2008

shame E=MC² was a flop its my fav Mariah Album

"Side Effects" is an amazing track

but I can't forgive "Island" for choosing awful singles

but I hope for a new sound not a EMC#3
                How 'bout you GTFO?

Comment

• sambo9
                  Legend
                  • 25 Oct 2006

I can't wait!

I know she'll do something fantastic as she always does - but I would prefer a more diverse album, with more ballads, more emotion, more artistry.

Comment

• Wayne
                    Site Owner
                    • 07 Sep 2006

We all had good faith last time with E=MC2. I dont think we should get our hopes up, commercially. I think the new album will probably flop again. Quality wise, I have every confidence possible that she will deliver another amazing album

Comment

• pmape
                      Roadie
                      • 12 Feb 2005

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                      Has this topic been re-opened.
                      If so then we can use this for new album discussion.

I have faith in Mariah this time. If she works with the right people she will have something good.
                      Ryan Tedder. please please please!
                      I would love to see what kinda soup Mariah & Ryan Tedder can make

I'ma estimate that she probably has around 12-14 tracks completed by now if she was going at the pace she was 2/3 weeks ago. Can't wait to hear her LOS da Maestro produced songs, i hope some extremely melodic stuff.
                      said like austin powers:

Comment

• Troubledjack
                        • 30 Jan 2004

Some more diverse ballads this time please!

I am actually happy if most of the tracks are done with The-Dream and his producers seeing as his new album is so hot, and it would be nice to see Mariah work with just one producer.

Other producers I would like to see:

Scott Storch (for one track seeing as Side Effects was so hot)
                        Ivan & Carvin (to do a few ballads and midtempos with, in a slightly more mature sound, see: Faith Evans' The First Lady)
                        The Underdogs (they could definitely give her a hot ballad)
                        Polow (for a slow jam)
                        DJ Troomp (because IBLYLT was so hot)

Comment

• Blizzy
                          Superstar
                          • 26 Mar 2006

Mariah is twittering right now a lot about the new album but she doesn't give away with whom she is working. The only thing we know she is working with The Dream. On Twitter she says she wants to make the new album a CLASSIC, which people won't forget too fast. I hope it's true and somehow I guess that might happen.

Comment

• Jark
                            Superstar
                            • 21 Jun 2007

I say leave out Toomp. He's made some big thing in the past about preffering working with males, and Long Time got old fast, so f him.

I'd like Polow (one song only though), Darkchild (also only one), Danja (a couple), Soulshock & Karlin, Babyface, RedOne (would be hella interesting - he did a great job on Brandy's True), Stuart Price (perhaps for a trancey closing track). She should really experiment.

And Tedder of course! I'd happily have a half-album of Tedder productions. One or two only with The Dream.

Comment

• Blizzy
                              Superstar
                              • 26 Mar 2006

yes I also want RedOne he made great work with Lady GaGa

Comment

• UKMusicLova
                                Legend
                                • 05 Sep 2006

I would like Mariah to work with the following. TBH I want a more ballad album. None of the weak stuff on E=MC2 though.

Toby Gad (Big Girls Don't Cry, If I Were A Boy, Human (Brandy), Bigger Than You (wynter Gordon))
                                All these songs are strong ballads with a more acoustic, laid back verses and a very strong vocalist chorus! Mariah could defintely cook up something nice with him.

Ryan Tedder (Halo, Already Gone, Stop and Stare, Apologize, Bleeding Love, Please Don't Stop The Rain)
                                These are all amazing songs and I can imagine Mariah doing a more pop track like these. Something along the lines of Apogize and Please Don't Stop The Rain mixed with Halo and Already Gone would be IMMENSE!!!

RedOne (Whine Up, Just Dance, Frozen)
                                I think it will be very interesting to see Mariah work with RedOne. He is the big producer of the moment. I think they are capable of making a hot dance/R&B smash.

Danja (Gimme More, Migrate, Sober)
                                He's a versatile producer, and they can create something hot. It has to be better than Migrate though.

Others would be Darkchild, Scott Storch, The Underdogs, Akon (his productions are on point), JR Rotem, Timbaland, Stargate, Jim Jonsin and Johnta Austin.

Comment

• Jark
                                  Superstar
                                  • 21 Jun 2007

I forgot Jim Jonsin and Toby Gad Both amazing. Gad would give her something with properly massive pop crossover potential, and Jonsin's beats are always hot.

Comment

• pmape
                                    Roadie
                                    • 12 Feb 2005

if she works with a wide range of producers like those listed about, then its gonna turn out like an EMC3. Thats why Tricky & LOS (dream's 2 producers) are enlisted as the albums only producers because they very versatile, && can give her something fresh && like she said.. classic.
                                    said like austin powers:

Comment

• Hype
                                      Legend
                                      • 08 May 2002

I want her to work with the following...

Ryan Tedder!!!!!!! - He should do her WHOLE album lol
                                      Tricky
                                      Stargate
                                      Toby Gad
                                      Darkchild
                                      CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

• ntinos93
                                        Roadie
                                        • 07 Dec 2008

Mariah on twitter
                                        yes I did record a lot of Ballads already. I'm verrrry happy and excited about them and I really hope you guys enjoy them!!!: )

Comment

• naughtynae
                                          Legend
                                          • 19 Aug 2006

If she works with Ryan Tedder I may kill myself I dont want anymore leona type halo songs

Salaam remi or Mark Ronson yes

Comment

Working...