Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Aaliyah

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 15:02

I side-eyed that statement from her mother. If she was around her all the time, how the hell R. Kelly found the time to put his dirty paws on her? :-?
    Floped and localed

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 20:24

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity
    I side-eyed that statement from her mother. If she was around her all the time, how the hell R. Kelly found the time to put his dirty paws on her? :-?
    I would rather take the mothers word, direct from the horses mouth, than entertain a money-making channel and documentary.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 20:51

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    I would rather take the mothers word, direct from the horses mouth, than entertain a money-making channel and documentary.
    The marriage certificate was real, though. No one can deny her and R. Kelly were married.
    Floped and localed

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 08:28

I’ll remain neutral like the Luke and Kesha trial. Innocent until proven guilty.
    Media propaganda will have us loving the ones we should hate and hating the ones we should love.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 08:34

There is plenty of evidence that R. Kelly is guilty, though. Saying otherwise is deciding to stay willfully ignorant.

It's just sad to me that her family is more concerned with protecting her image, as opposed to bringing justice to his many victims (and that incudes Aaliyah - she was his victim).
    Floped and localed

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 08:52

It’s “public court” evidence. I will surely change my mind once a real court of law proves it.
    If I did the same with MJ, the courts decided otherwise even after having a formal court case. This is why it is important to stay vigilant when it comes to media propaganda. I listen to media, CNN, Fox etc but we should not fall victim to their agenda.

I would rather say I’m more wary than ignorant. It is so quick to believe what the media feeds us, but all of them have been known to have their own agenda too.

The media is more powerful than we think and believe. They don’t need more power.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 10:00

There is plenty of evidence that R. Kelly is guilty, though. Saying otherwise is deciding to stay willfully ignorant.

It's just sad to me that her family is more concerned with protecting her image, as opposed to bringing justice to his many victims (and that incudes Aaliyah - she was his victim).
    !!!!!

It's sick and kinda sad tbh. I've been watching the Rkelly special. I personally feel like her mom is deflecting because they feel guilty to have allowed this to happen (I.e Rkelly "mentoring" her).
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 10:38

^^ most likely. They felt she was in good hands because her uncle was in charge of everything.
    Floped and localed

Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-01-19, 22:47

Aaliyah loved robert

He didnt rape her.
    I am sure he wss nice to her
    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 03:04

You would think since they care so much about her image they would properly release her songs and videos so people can actually remember her for her talent and work. They’re idiots.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 03:20

I wonder what really happened between them because R. Kelly and Aaliyah never talked about each other after she moved to a different label.

Since the public had a soft spot for Aaliyah even before her death, her statement (if she told the truth) on this issue could have helped in knowing the truth (had she lived).

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 04:14

People actually did not want to work with Aaliyah due to the controversy. That's why she went with Tim and Missy for her 2nd album. Then the public fell in love with her.
    Diva!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 05:18

As much as I loved Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, she wasn't really that in demand as a new artist as much as her family claims. Brandy and Monica (who both came after her) immediately eclipsed Aaliyah's career somehow. Aaliyah's brand was a bit different since she was considered a privileged artist (having so many connections and being related to superstar Gladys Knight).

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 09:02

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    As much as I loved Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, she wasn't really that in demand as a new artist as much as her family claims. Brandy and Monica (who both came after her) immediately eclipsed Aaliyah's career somehow. Aaliyah's brand was a bit different since she was considered a privileged artist (having so many connections and being related to superstar Gladys Knight).
    In the 00s, she was becoming bigger then them.
    Diva!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 15:01

Quote Originally Posted by TIfan
    Are you kidding? They all served different needs and purposes and were all in demand:

Brandy = America’s sweetheart
    Monica = new age Whitney for a younger generation aka the new younger Diva (Voice)
    Aaliyah = street/hood flair with smooth sultry urban vocals

Aaliyah was probably the first chick to have that street hood look, but with sassy vocals! Off course she was in demand equally to the others.

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 16:34

I agree with this. She was becoming a fixture in Hollywood with the pending movies she had lined up.

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Diva
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 17:22

On her 40th birthday, she doesn't realise just how much she is in the news currently.

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 17:25

She would’ve been the best-looking 40 y.o. there ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by SawyerHewitt
    The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 17:30

That's kind of hard to say. If "One in a Million" and "Are You That Somebody" were released as physical singles they had a HUGE chance at being #1 on the Hot 100 and easily on the R&B charts. Both singles were massive in the US. I don't know why they didn't just ship 100k just to get the songs to #1. A limited release would have still pushed the singles to the top.

"Try Again" is still the ONLY single ever released to go #1 without a physical single. And spent an impressive 9 weeks at #1 on Hot 100 Airplay. https://www.billboard.com/charts/radio-songs/2000-08-12

OIAM had 6 weeks at #1 on R&B airplay. https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-r- ... 1997-02-08

AYTS had 8 weeks at #1 on R&B airplay. https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-r- ... 1998-09-19

She also missed out on possible top tens with "Rock the Boat" and "More Than a Woman" since there were no physical singles for those either.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 17:51

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    Are you kidding? They all served different needs and purposes and were all in demand:

Brandy = America’s sweetheart
    Monica = new age Whitney for a younger generation aka the new younger Diva (Voice)
    Aaliyah = street/hood flair with smooth sultry urban vocals

Aaliyah was probably the first chick to have that street hood look, but with sassy vocals! Off course she was in demand equally to the others.
    Um, I was not referring to their entire careers. I was speaking on how Aaliyah was becoming a bigger star during the 00s. Of course they "served their purposes."
    Diva!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 17:58

I hate that her name is now in the news for all this craziness.
    Diva!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 18:07

I hate that her name is now in the news for all this craziness.
    What I hate even more is that people can listen to the devil's music anytime they want to, but her music isn't available. The whole legacy is getting buried.

After the documentary, I saw young kids being interested in her, but they can't stream or purchase her music.
    Floped and localed

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-01-19, 01:13

It's sad that times during the nineties are so different. I wonder if Aaliyah's family filed a case against R. Kelly after their marriage, if things would have turned out differently.

The Diva
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 17-01-19, 01:16

I hate that sheeple are twisting everything on her first album. We’ve known for years that she was married to R but nobody ever called AANBAN sick until now