User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which album do you prefer?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Control

9 28.13%
  • janet.

23 71.88%
Page 541 of 571 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,525 of 14258

Thread: Janet Jackson

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 03:07

I don't get tired of her ballads. Hope that the new EP or album has some great ballads.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 03:09

At a huge gay event in Tokyo last week, there was an on stage dance performance to Made For Now by the hired dancers. It’s was so cool. I might se d the video I recorded to Janet’s instagram

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 03:11

I just made a Essential Janet compilation containing all my favorite Janet singles. "Made for Now" sounds a bit odd in the mix! :-?
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 06:20

JANET JACKSON EFFECT Ageing celebrity mums blamed for rise in women having kids in their 50s

AGEING celebrity mums have been blamed for a rise in British women having kids in their fifties.

Experts said the "Janet Jackson Effect" has made old age pregnancies seem normal.

But they warned older couples are failing to consider the risks to the mother and the trauma it inflicts on the child.

Kids can fear coming home in case they find their parents dead and face the burden of looking after a pensioner, it is claimed.

And they feel embarrassed when their mum or dad is mistaken for a grandparent.

Psychologists said the “rosy pregnancies” portrayed by celebrities was making more women consider IVF in their fifties.

And this is likely to extend into their sixties, the world's largest fertility conference heard.

Singer Jackson had a baby two years ago at the age of 50 and actress Brigitte Nielsen gave birth this year aged 55.

The number of Brits having babies aged 55+ has increased ten fold from two in 2001 to 20 in 2016.

Dr Julia Woodward, from Duke Fertility Center, in North Carolina, said: “A lot of media reporting on older pregnancies is in an incredibly positive way

"There is no mention of donor eggs, premature delivery or complications.

"It is a rosy Janet Jackson pregnancy that gets celebrated.

"Young women are being taught that you can wait to get pregnant without consequence but this is the wrong data.”

Dr Julianne Zweifel, from the University of Wisconsin, said: “The drive to be a mother is so strong they don’t think about the problems their child will face until after the child is born.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7465174/a ... ms-blamed/
    JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 06:41

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I don't get tired of her ballads. Hope that the new EP or album has some great ballads.
    Yes, she has made so many great ones. I know her voice gets criticized, but there is no other voice that feels more comfortable and soothing as Janet’s on a slow jam.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 07:09

I voted for "Feedback" and "No Sleep" but I also like "All For You".

Last night, I was watching Janet's music video when I couldn't fall asleep and I was so surprised that I know most of the songs! I have always thought that she hasn't been that successful here in Germany and that's why I couldn't name 2 songs by her.... I am in shock. She has some great singles... And I have never known that "Together Again" was performed by her!!! Iconic song!

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 10:19

Omg Together Again is her biggest hit

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 12:39

Janet was huge in Germany in the 90s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 13:34

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    And her best song!

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 13:56

Quote Originally Posted by red3269
    And early 2000s. I know because I was living there when I was little. She was everywhere, articles, posters, TV, radio and in all magazines "pop-queen" was attached to her name. I actually still have some of those magazines. Amica, Popcorn, Bravo... Her CDs were also more expensive than CDs of like 90% of artists which was pissing off my family when they had to buy me one.

Much later I found out that she won more Bravo Otto awards than any female artist in the 90s and I think that she had more arena concerts in Germany than any foreign female artist. I couldn't go at any because I was too little during TVR tour. :-?
    JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 14:41

I checked and she only had 2 top 10 hits in Germany during the 90s (plus 2 other as a featured act) ..... Maybe the singles didn't capture how big she was? I guess she was huge on MTV or German music channels regardless the chart performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan
    I think that she had more arena concerts in Germany than any foreign female artist.
    This isn't truth Bojan
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 15:12

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    I checked and she only had 2 top 10 hits in Germany during the 90s ..... Maybe the singles didn't capture how big she was? I guess she was huge on MTV or German music channels regardless the chart performance.

I think that she had more arena concerts in Germany than any foreign female artist.
    This isn't truth Bojan

Janet was one of the biggest popstars Germany at one time

Don't underestimate the single charts at this time
    A no 51 in Germany....meant sales around 35 to 50.000 singles

If and again all sold around 100.000 plus singles

If you sold 5.000 singles in one week you had a top 100 entry

You want this was several weeks in top 100 I think
    Every week 5000 to 7.500 singles

4 weeks meant: 20.000 to 30.000

And so on ....
    She had bravo gold ottos and great album sales.
    Janet
    Decade
    Velvet

All sold fab.

90, 93, 94, 95 and 97 plus partly 98 ...Janet was one of the most beloved females here.
    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 15:22

Quote Originally Posted by jochen
    Janet was one of the biggest popstars Germany at one time.
    Yeah I know. When I said "Not true" I was refering to Bojan's statement about Janet having more arena concerts than any other foreign female in Germany.

That statement isn't true, he forgot Queen Tina Turner did 64 stadium and arena concerts in Germany in the 90s alone and wiped the floor with every other female in that country, Queen Tina T didn't give a break to the other girls
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 16:49

Yes, but somehow I sometimes get the impression that Germans only know that song from Janet.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 17:30

So at the minute Janet is up to 6th in the fan vote on rockhall.com with a long time still to go!

I know some people don’t care about the Hall of Fame but I’d rather she be in it than not in it so I’ve been casting my vote each day in support. Obviously the fan vote doesn’t make the final decision but it’d be great if she could make 4th or 5th place - the top 3 will be hard to beat I think, and she’s still 5,000 behind 5th so if you fancy then lend your vote each day please!

Legend
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 19:20

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I just made a Essential Janet compilation containing all my favorite Janet singles. "Made for Now" sounds a bit odd in the mix! :-?
    Maybe you should add some fun songs like Escapade, Because Of Love and Whoops Now to make it fit more?
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 19:26

Quote Originally Posted by Erotica
    Yes, but somehow I sometimes get the impression that Germans only know that song from Janet.
    That's somehow my impression as well... She is known as artist to many but people don't really know her songs.

I was 6 years old back in 1999...maybe that's why I can't relate to her "being big in Germany in the 90s" but honestly, I watched MTV, Viva all Day long after school and I had all those Bravo, Yam!, Popcorn magazines as well and they were full of Backstreet Boys, Britney, Nsync, Christina, Jeanette, NoAngels,, Sarah Connor etc. I can't think of Janet at all... But maybe it was just me and my friends/family/school mates who didn't take notice....

Still shocked I know so many singles (parts of it) and liked them... Probably need to check out some of her albums now. I somehow liked what I heard last night.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 20:07

I remember that the songs from Velvet Rope got played much, cause when I got older I could remember some songs from my childhood from that album (Together again, I get lonely, Go deep and Everytime).
    I am also sure I saw many videos on TV from her janet album.
    A song that got totally overplayed on the radio (it was my impression) was Whoops Now. It got played so often it annoyed me after some time.
    So all in all these two eras were very present in my childhood and well, those years are my childhood anyway, I saw the videos from janet during my time at kindergarden and the ones from Velvet Rope in third and fourth grade mostly.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 20:26

Ok, I just had to "check" it by myself and I was 2 years old when "Whoops Now" got released Thus, no surprise, I have no memories when it comes to that track Tbh, I just (actively) remember(ed) three songs from my childhood:
    "Together Again" (and two days ago, I didn't even know it was Janet)
    "All For You" - which got a bit of airplay on music channels & it was the only Janet single which was able to chart for 10 weeks on the German charts and the only one which peaked inside the Top 20 in my "active years... 1998-now".
    and "Feedback": because it was played just right before Britney was hitting the stage at her Circus tour in Antwerp and I had to ask my friend who's the artist of that song they were playing because I really loved the vibe/sound/beat.

On the other hand (after last night), I do remember parts/melodies of other singles but tbh, I don't know from where 'cause I never had the impression she was huge in Germany (when I was young) and looking back at her discography, she really wasn't apart from pre 1998 and "Doesn't Really Matter" and "All For You".

I am still so shocked and feel guilty I haven't listened to most of her stuff...

Any recommendations which album should be my first one to "discover"?
    Or is Janet going to release a Best Of album anytime soon? - I would totally buy it.

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 20:39

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen
    Janet was one of the biggest popstars Germany at one time.
    Yeah I know. When I said "Not true" I was refering to Bojan's statement about Janet having more arena concerts than any other foreign female in Germany.

That statement isn't true, he forgot Queen Tina Turner did 64 stadium and arena concerts in Germany in the 90s alone and wiped the floor with every other female in that country, Queen Tina T didn't give a break to the other girls
    I didn't forget that. I didn't know. I checked only the Big 5 divas.

I adore Tina. ?

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 20:49

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Ok, I just had to "check" it by myself and I was 2 years old when "Whoops Now" got released Thus, no surprise, I have no memories when it comes to that track Tbh, I just (actively) remember(ed) three songs from my childhood:
    "Together Again" (and two days ago, I didn't even know it was Janet)
    "All For You" - which got a bit of airplay on music channels & it was the only Janet single which was able to chart for 10 weeks on the German charts and the only one which peaked inside the Top 20 in my "active years... 1998-now".
    and "Feedback": because it was played just right before Britney was hitting the stage at her Circus tour in Antwerp and I had to ask my friend who's the artist of that song they were playing because I really loved the vibe/sound/beat.

On the other hand (after last night), I do remember parts/melodies of other singles but tbh, I don't know from where 'cause I never had the impression she was huge in Germany (when I was young) and looking back at her discography, she really wasn't apart from pre 1998 and "Doesn't Really Matter" and "All For You".

I am still so shocked and feel guilty I haven't listened to most of her stuff...

Or is Janet going to release a Best Of album anytime soon? - I would totally buy it.
    Number Ones was released in 2009 and was mostly a good best of album in my opinion.

I think The Velvet Rope is her best album and would recommend that one. I often go back to Rhythm Nation too, it is some sort of iconic and doesn't really have bad songs on it. But some people don't like the production. I like it though and always have a connection with albums released in my birth year like that one.
    Maybe you could also get into her newest album, Unbreakable. Somehow it unites some of her different sounds.

Legend
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 20:52

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    She has several "Best Of" albums: Number Ones and Design Of A Decade.

Three albums worth discovering IMO:

Control
    Rhythm Nation 1814
    janet.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 22:00

JANET JACKSON EFFECT Ageing celebrity mums blamed for rise in women having kids in their 50s

AGEING celebrity mums have been blamed for a rise in British women having kids in their fifties.

Experts said the "Janet Jackson Effect" has made old age pregnancies seem normal.

But they warned older couples are failing to consider the risks to the mother and the trauma it inflicts on the child.

Kids can fear coming home in case they find their parents dead and face the burden of looking after a pensioner, it is claimed.

And they feel embarrassed when their mum or dad is mistaken for a grandparent.

Psychologists said the “rosy pregnancies” portrayed by celebrities was making more women consider IVF in their fifties.

And this is likely to extend into their sixties, the world's largest fertility conference heard.

Singer Jackson had a baby two years ago at the age of 50 and actress Brigitte Nielsen gave birth this year aged 55.

The number of Brits having babies aged 55+ has increased ten fold from two in 2001 to 20 in 2016.

Dr Julia Woodward, from Duke Fertility Center, in North Carolina, said: “A lot of media reporting on older pregnancies is in an incredibly positive way

"There is no mention of donor eggs, premature delivery or complications.

"It is a rosy Janet Jackson pregnancy that gets celebrated.

"Young women are being taught that you can wait to get pregnant without consequence but this is the wrong data.”

Dr Julianne Zweifel, from the University of Wisconsin, said: “The drive to be a mother is so strong they don’t think about the problems their child will face until after the child is born.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7465174/a ... ms-blamed/
    You must be the dumbest old bish to make a baby in your fifties because other celeb fifties are doing it
    I thought people were making babies because they wanted to. Not because it’s fashionable.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 12-10-18, 01:53

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouKeepUp
    So at the minute Janet is up to 6th in the fan vote on rockhall.com with a long time still to go!

I know some people don’t care about the Hall of Fame but I’d rather she be in it than not in it so I’ve been casting my vote each day in support. Obviously the fan vote doesn’t make the final decision but it’d be great if she could make 4th or 5th place - the top 3 will be hard to beat I think, and she’s still 5,000 behind 5th so if you fancy then lend your vote each day please!
    She was 9th place on day 1 so she’s gaining well

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 12-10-18, 01:55

I always recommend All For You as an introductory album. It’s some of her strongest work and isn’t dated like the earlier albums