User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which album do you prefer?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Control

    9 28.13%
  • janet.

    23 71.88%
Page 541 of 571 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,525 of 14258

Thread: Janet Jackson

  1. #13501
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,294
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 03:07

    I don't get tired of her ballads. Hope that the new EP or album has some great ballads.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

  2. #13502
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,940
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 03:09

    At a huge gay event in Tokyo last week, there was an on stage dance performance to Made For Now by the hired dancers. It’s was so cool. I might se d the video I recorded to Janet’s instagram

  3. #13503
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,294
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 03:11

    I just made a Essential Janet compilation containing all my favorite Janet singles. "Made for Now" sounds a bit odd in the mix! :-?
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

  4. #13504
    Bojan's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    29 Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 06:20

    JANET JACKSON EFFECT Ageing celebrity mums blamed for rise in women having kids in their 50s

    AGEING celebrity mums have been blamed for a rise in British women having kids in their fifties.

    Experts said the "Janet Jackson Effect" has made old age pregnancies seem normal.

    But they warned older couples are failing to consider the risks to the mother and the trauma it inflicts on the child.

    Kids can fear coming home in case they find their parents dead and face the burden of looking after a pensioner, it is claimed.

    And they feel embarrassed when their mum or dad is mistaken for a grandparent.

    Psychologists said the “rosy pregnancies” portrayed by celebrities was making more women consider IVF in their fifties.

    And this is likely to extend into their sixties, the world's largest fertility conference heard.

    Singer Jackson had a baby two years ago at the age of 50 and actress Brigitte Nielsen gave birth this year aged 55.

    The number of Brits having babies aged 55+ has increased ten fold from two in 2001 to 20 in 2016.

    Dr Julia Woodward, from Duke Fertility Center, in North Carolina, said: “A lot of media reporting on older pregnancies is in an incredibly positive way

    "There is no mention of donor eggs, premature delivery or complications.

    "It is a rosy Janet Jackson pregnancy that gets celebrated.

    "Young women are being taught that you can wait to get pregnant without consequence but this is the wrong data.”

    Dr Julianne Zweifel, from the University of Wisconsin, said: “The drive to be a mother is so strong they don’t think about the problems their child will face until after the child is born.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7465174/a ... ms-blamed/
    JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.

  5. #13505

    Join Date
    14 May 2018
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 06:41

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I don't get tired of her ballads. Hope that the new EP or album has some great ballads.
    Yes, she has made so many great ones. I know her voice gets criticized, but there is no other voice that feels more comfortable and soothing as Janet’s on a slow jam.

  6. #13506
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 07:09

    I voted for "Feedback" and "No Sleep" but I also like "All For You".

    Last night, I was watching Janet's music video when I couldn't fall asleep and I was so surprised that I know most of the songs! I have always thought that she hasn't been that successful here in Germany and that's why I couldn't name 2 songs by her.... I am in shock. She has some great singles... And I have never known that "Together Again" was performed by her!!! Iconic song!

  7. #13507
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,940
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 10:19

    Omg Together Again is her biggest hit

  8. #13508
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    13 Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 12:39

    Janet was huge in Germany in the 90s.

  9. #13509

    Join Date
    16 May 2018
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 13:34

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Omg Together Again is her biggest hit
    And her best song!

  10. #13510
    Bojan's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    29 Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 13:56

    Quote Originally Posted by red3269
    Janet was huge in Germany in the 90s.
    And early 2000s. I know because I was living there when I was little. She was everywhere, articles, posters, TV, radio and in all magazines "pop-queen" was attached to her name. I actually still have some of those magazines. Amica, Popcorn, Bravo... Her CDs were also more expensive than CDs of like 90% of artists which was pissing off my family when they had to buy me one.

    Much later I found out that she won more Bravo Otto awards than any female artist in the 90s and I think that she had more arena concerts in Germany than any foreign female artist. I couldn't go at any because I was too little during TVR tour. :-?
    JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.

  11. #13511
    MrLeonix's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Jan 2013
    Posts
    21,297
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 14:41

    Quote Originally Posted by red3269
    Janet was huge in Germany in the 90s.
    I checked and she only had 2 top 10 hits in Germany during the 90s (plus 2 other as a featured act) ..... Maybe the singles didn't capture how big she was? I guess she was huge on MTV or German music channels regardless the chart performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan
    I think that she had more arena concerts in Germany than any foreign female artist.
    This isn't truth Bojan
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

  12. #13512
    Manager
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2008
    Location
    Germany, Hannover
    Posts
    4,471
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 15:12

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    Quote Originally Posted by red3269
    Janet was huge in Germany in the 90s.
    I checked and she only had 2 top 10 hits in Germany during the 90s ..... Maybe the singles didn't capture how big she was? I guess she was huge on MTV or German music channels regardless the chart performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan
    I think that she had more arena concerts in Germany than any foreign female artist.
    This isn't truth Bojan

    Janet was one of the biggest popstars Germany at one time

    Don't underestimate the single charts at this time
    A no 51 in Germany....meant sales around 35 to 50.000 singles


    If and again all sold around 100.000 plus singles


    If you sold 5.000 singles in one week you had a top 100 entry

    You want this was several weeks in top 100 I think
    Every week 5000 to 7.500 singles

    4 weeks meant: 20.000 to 30.000

    And so on ....
    She had bravo gold ottos and great album sales.
    Janet
    Decade
    Velvet

    All sold fab.

    90, 93, 94, 95 and 97 plus partly 98 ...Janet was one of the most beloved females here.
    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

  13. #13513
    MrLeonix's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Jan 2013
    Posts
    21,297
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 15:22

    Quote Originally Posted by jochen
    Janet was one of the biggest popstars Germany at one time.
    Yeah I know. When I said "Not true" I was refering to Bojan's statement about Janet having more arena concerts than any other foreign female in Germany.

    That statement isn't true, he forgot Queen Tina Turner did 64 stadium and arena concerts in Germany in the 90s alone and wiped the floor with every other female in that country, Queen Tina T didn't give a break to the other girls
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

  14. #13514
    Erotica's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Mar 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,226
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 16:49

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Omg Together Again is her biggest hit
    Yes, but somehow I sometimes get the impression that Germans only know that song from Janet.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

  15. #13515
    Manager
    Join Date
    12 Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 17:30

    So at the minute Janet is up to 6th in the fan vote on rockhall.com with a long time still to go!

    I know some people don’t care about the Hall of Fame but I’d rather she be in it than not in it so I’ve been casting my vote each day in support. Obviously the fan vote doesn’t make the final decision but it’d be great if she could make 4th or 5th place - the top 3 will be hard to beat I think, and she’s still 5,000 behind 5th so if you fancy then lend your vote each day please!

  16. #13516
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,391
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 19:20

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I just made a Essential Janet compilation containing all my favorite Janet singles. "Made for Now" sounds a bit odd in the mix! :-?
    Maybe you should add some fun songs like Escapade, Because Of Love and Whoops Now to make it fit more?
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

  17. #13517
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 19:26

    Quote Originally Posted by Erotica
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Omg Together Again is her biggest hit
    Yes, but somehow I sometimes get the impression that Germans only know that song from Janet.
    That's somehow my impression as well... She is known as artist to many but people don't really know her songs.

    I was 6 years old back in 1999...maybe that's why I can't relate to her "being big in Germany in the 90s" but honestly, I watched MTV, Viva all Day long after school and I had all those Bravo, Yam!, Popcorn magazines as well and they were full of Backstreet Boys, Britney, Nsync, Christina, Jeanette, NoAngels,, Sarah Connor etc. I can't think of Janet at all... But maybe it was just me and my friends/family/school mates who didn't take notice....

    Still shocked I know so many singles (parts of it) and liked them... Probably need to check out some of her albums now. I somehow liked what I heard last night.

  18. #13518
    Erotica's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Mar 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,226
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 20:07

    I remember that the songs from Velvet Rope got played much, cause when I got older I could remember some songs from my childhood from that album (Together again, I get lonely, Go deep and Everytime).
    I am also sure I saw many videos on TV from her janet album.
    A song that got totally overplayed on the radio (it was my impression) was Whoops Now. It got played so often it annoyed me after some time.
    So all in all these two eras were very present in my childhood and well, those years are my childhood anyway, I saw the videos from janet during my time at kindergarden and the ones from Velvet Rope in third and fourth grade mostly.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

  19. #13519
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 20:26

    Ok, I just had to "check" it by myself and I was 2 years old when "Whoops Now" got released Thus, no surprise, I have no memories when it comes to that track Tbh, I just (actively) remember(ed) three songs from my childhood:
    "Together Again" (and two days ago, I didn't even know it was Janet)
    "All For You" - which got a bit of airplay on music channels & it was the only Janet single which was able to chart for 10 weeks on the German charts and the only one which peaked inside the Top 20 in my "active years... 1998-now".
    and "Feedback": because it was played just right before Britney was hitting the stage at her Circus tour in Antwerp and I had to ask my friend who's the artist of that song they were playing because I really loved the vibe/sound/beat.

    On the other hand (after last night), I do remember parts/melodies of other singles but tbh, I don't know from where 'cause I never had the impression she was huge in Germany (when I was young) and looking back at her discography, she really wasn't apart from pre 1998 and "Doesn't Really Matter" and "All For You".

    I am still so shocked and feel guilty I haven't listened to most of her stuff...

    Any recommendations which album should be my first one to "discover"?
    Or is Janet going to release a Best Of album anytime soon? - I would totally buy it.

  20. #13520
    Bojan's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    29 Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 20:39

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen
    Janet was one of the biggest popstars Germany at one time.
    Yeah I know. When I said "Not true" I was refering to Bojan's statement about Janet having more arena concerts than any other foreign female in Germany.

    That statement isn't true, he forgot Queen Tina Turner did 64 stadium and arena concerts in Germany in the 90s alone and wiped the floor with every other female in that country, Queen Tina T didn't give a break to the other girls
    I didn't forget that. I didn't know. I checked only the Big 5 divas.

    I adore Tina. ?
    JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.

  21. #13521
    Erotica's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Mar 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,226
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 20:49

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Ok, I just had to "check" it by myself and I was 2 years old when "Whoops Now" got released Thus, no surprise, I have no memories when it comes to that track Tbh, I just (actively) remember(ed) three songs from my childhood:
    "Together Again" (and two days ago, I didn't even know it was Janet)
    "All For You" - which got a bit of airplay on music channels & it was the only Janet single which was able to chart for 10 weeks on the German charts and the only one which peaked inside the Top 20 in my "active years... 1998-now".
    and "Feedback": because it was played just right before Britney was hitting the stage at her Circus tour in Antwerp and I had to ask my friend who's the artist of that song they were playing because I really loved the vibe/sound/beat.

    On the other hand (after last night), I do remember parts/melodies of other singles but tbh, I don't know from where 'cause I never had the impression she was huge in Germany (when I was young) and looking back at her discography, she really wasn't apart from pre 1998 and "Doesn't Really Matter" and "All For You".

    I am still so shocked and feel guilty I haven't listened to most of her stuff...

    Any recommendations which album should be my first one to "discover"?
    Or is Janet going to release a Best Of album anytime soon? - I would totally buy it.
    Number Ones was released in 2009 and was mostly a good best of album in my opinion.

    I think The Velvet Rope is her best album and would recommend that one. I often go back to Rhythm Nation too, it is some sort of iconic and doesn't really have bad songs on it. But some people don't like the production. I like it though and always have a connection with albums released in my birth year like that one.
    Maybe you could also get into her newest album, Unbreakable. Somehow it unites some of her different sounds.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

  22. #13522
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,391
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 20:52

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Any recommendations which album should be my first one to "discover"?
    Or is Janet going to release a Best Of album anytime soon? - I would totally buy it.
    She has several "Best Of" albums: Number Ones and Design Of A Decade.

    Three albums worth discovering IMO:

    Control
    Rhythm Nation 1814
    janet.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

  23. #13523
    Guru's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Feb 2006
    Location
    On ukmix.org
    Posts
    25,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-10-18, 22:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan
    JANET JACKSON EFFECT Ageing celebrity mums blamed for rise in women having kids in their 50s

    AGEING celebrity mums have been blamed for a rise in British women having kids in their fifties.

    Experts said the "Janet Jackson Effect" has made old age pregnancies seem normal.

    But they warned older couples are failing to consider the risks to the mother and the trauma it inflicts on the child.

    Kids can fear coming home in case they find their parents dead and face the burden of looking after a pensioner, it is claimed.

    And they feel embarrassed when their mum or dad is mistaken for a grandparent.

    Psychologists said the “rosy pregnancies” portrayed by celebrities was making more women consider IVF in their fifties.

    And this is likely to extend into their sixties, the world's largest fertility conference heard.

    Singer Jackson had a baby two years ago at the age of 50 and actress Brigitte Nielsen gave birth this year aged 55.

    The number of Brits having babies aged 55+ has increased ten fold from two in 2001 to 20 in 2016.

    Dr Julia Woodward, from Duke Fertility Center, in North Carolina, said: “A lot of media reporting on older pregnancies is in an incredibly positive way

    "There is no mention of donor eggs, premature delivery or complications.

    "It is a rosy Janet Jackson pregnancy that gets celebrated.

    "Young women are being taught that you can wait to get pregnant without consequence but this is the wrong data.”

    Dr Julianne Zweifel, from the University of Wisconsin, said: “The drive to be a mother is so strong they don’t think about the problems their child will face until after the child is born.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7465174/a ... ms-blamed/
    You must be the dumbest old bish to make a baby in your fifties because other celeb fifties are doing it
    I thought people were making babies because they wanted to. Not because it’s fashionable.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |

  24. #13524
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,940
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » 12-10-18, 01:53

    Quote Originally Posted by CanYouKeepUp
    So at the minute Janet is up to 6th in the fan vote on rockhall.com with a long time still to go!

    I know some people don’t care about the Hall of Fame but I’d rather she be in it than not in it so I’ve been casting my vote each day in support. Obviously the fan vote doesn’t make the final decision but it’d be great if she could make 4th or 5th place - the top 3 will be hard to beat I think, and she’s still 5,000 behind 5th so if you fancy then lend your vote each day please!
    She was 9th place on day 1 so she’s gaining well

  25. #13525
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,940
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » 12-10-18, 01:55

    I always recommend All For You as an introductory album. It’s some of her strongest work and isn’t dated like the earlier albums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •