Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 11th, 2009, 12:15

New Avril 'o9

Max Martin has revealed in his latest interview that he is working on new material currently with Backstreet Boys, Avril Lavigne and Emma Bunton. BSB and Lavigne are set to release new stuff later this year, but ex-Spice Girl star Emma has been keeping it low key with music since 2005. Max is responsible for some of the biggest hits from late 90's to fresh hits like "Hot n Cold", "So What" ,"If U Seek Amy" and "My Life Would Suck Without You".

And Isaac Carpenter has a new picture on MySpace with the tagline, "prodcuing Avril Lavigne."

Avril and Max worked together before on the tracks Alone and I Will Be.

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 14:53

HEROES: AVRIL LAVIGNE

With head held high after life-altering illness, the pop-punk queen is still “complicated.”

After 17 years in a strict religious household outside Toronto, Avril Lavigne had enough pent-up angst to effectively launch a new pop-punk paradigm. “I wasn’t really allowed to really go anywhere or do anything,” says Lavigne. “I was definitely a good girl with strong morals, [but] my parents watched me like a fucking hawk.”

Despite her hyper-orthodox upbringing, Lavigne’s early smashes, from “Complicated” to “Sk8er Boi,” centered on high-school averageness—endorsing reckless use of eyeliner rather than actual lawlessness. Rivaling the scale of bubblegum opposites like Britney and Christina, Lavigne’s 2002 debut record Let Go would sell 20 million copies worldwide, thrusting her into adulthood and global fame simultaneously. “The first 10 years after leaving home, it was like, ‘woo!’ I went wild,” says Lavigne. She adds, “No sleep, Jack Daniels and beer. I would say that continued until the third album, when I was married,” referring to her first marriage at 21 to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley.

But after a decade of manic quasi-maturity, Lavigne’s energy drink-chugging pace would slow to deathlike stillness. In 2014, during her second marriage to Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger, she came down with Lyme Disease. “I was like, oh my God, am I done? I couldn’t think about anything other than breathing and eating,” she says of her now-public battle with the disorder, the inspiration for her sixth album and its titular first single, “Head Above Water.”

While her stamina isn’t quite what it was, today Lavigne has regained her freedoms and is planning a fall tour. Nor has she lost all that early-aughts angst. (Asked if recent single “Dumb Blonde” represented a reversal of her anti-Britney persona, Lavigne says “No.”) But she is a true believer in the power of positive thinking. “I do the whole gratitude list thing,” she says. “I can’t do [it all] the way I used to, but I look at how far I’ve come and I just thank God.”
    https://vmagazine.com/article/heroes-avril-lavigne/

I‘ll never understand the logic behind doing a photoshoot and releasing only one picture but whatever that’s a gorgeous pic.
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat May 11th, 2019 at 14:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 16:48

"planning a fall tour"? Though isn't this the first word of any tour? And it's not even a quote from her? Hmm. I hope it's true though!

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 00:55

She’s performing at the ARDY‘s.

A post shared by on

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 16:48

Avril performed a medley (Sk8er Boi, Complicated, Head Above Water & Dumb Blonde) and received the Shero Award at the ARDYs. She’s the sixth artist to receive that award.

Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon June 17th, 2019 at 17:45.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun July 7th, 2019, 06:01

LOL this Teens react video is kinda cringe, but cute at the same time. That one girl that kept going on about middle school was so extra, and the Troy kid "She had this song about Hello Kitty or something like WAY back in the day" OMG stop it that was only 5 years ago.

I kinda felt like they didnt explain her slight change in sound that well though, from 2007 it was more that her image softened a little (the pink hair streak, and some of her outfits) than the music (which fed into the 'she's dead and they replaced her' conspiracy theory - which they did discuss).

I mean she's had power ballads scattered throughout her career long before Head Above Water (which was the only change of pace apart from Complicated that they reacted to, the others were all her more pop/punk tracks (Sk8r Boi, Girlfriend, What The Hell) like I'm With You, When You're Gone, Keep Holding On, Wish You Were Here, Fall To Pieces etc.