Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyndi Lauper

by » Fri December 23rd, 2011, 14:12

I can't do a top 5 since she has so many awesome songs but my fave has to be Unhook the stars.

by » Sun January 1st, 2012, 16:07

I <3 this performance.

http://youtu.be/u-Na6UViqeY

Cyndi and Patti together. They have such great chemistry.
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sun January 1st, 2012, 17:50

She was fantastic on Jools' Annual Hootenanny.

Legend
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)

by » Sun January 1st, 2012, 19:23

She was breathtaking on Jools! This woman <3

by » Thu April 5th, 2012, 20:40

She is coming to Louisville for Derby and is going to be grand-marshal of a parade we have two days earlier.

I have lived here all my life but this is the first time I've had any interest in going. I saw Cyndi live ten years ago but still, will be cool to see her again. A shame so many people are complaining about the choice of her... when she's the first person they've had be the grand marshal that I would even bother as much as to look out the window if they were in my neighborhood.

by » Sun September 15th, 2013, 15:08

Has anyone caught Cyndi on her "She's So Unusual: 30th Anniversary Tour"? I saw her twice last week and was (as always) blown away by just how brilliant she is.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sun September 15th, 2013, 22:56

Quote Originally Posted by Carta
    Has anyone caught Cyndi on her "She's So Unusual: 30th Anniversary Tour"? I saw her twice last week and was (as always) blown away by just how brilliant she is.
    I saw her in New York City Amazing show.
    “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

by » Wed October 30th, 2013, 23:13

Love Cyndi Lauper. True Colors is my favourite album of hers. I read her book the end of last year and it was interesting reading about her label struggles. Hat Full of Stars and Sisters of Avalon are two vastly underrated albums.

Some underrated Cyndi gems:

Calm Inside the Storm
    One Track Mind
    A Night to Remember
    Hole In My Heart
    Broken Glass
    Sally's Pigeons
    A Part Hate
    You Don't Know
    Fall Into Your Dreams
    Unhook the Stars
    Searching
    Raging Storm
    Echo
    Water's Edge

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Wed October 30th, 2013, 23:14

I think she should release a new 2-disc compilation.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Wed October 30th, 2013, 23:29

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    I think she should release a new 2-disc compilation.
    No, I don't agree... If her label releases yet another compilation, I'm sure they would end up including the same old songs- She's So Unusual/ True Colors/ "I Drove All Night" material and ignoring her good stuff. She has enough unnecessary compilations out there already... The Essential Cyndi Lauper is particularly shameful as an "essentials" album.

I hope she releases new material soon though! I wouldn't mind it if she adds Kinky Boots material sung by her as bonus tracks too
    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Wed October 30th, 2013, 23:38

That's why I think she should release a new one. It could cover her entire career and actually be useful unlike the rest.

by » Thu October 31st, 2013, 15:11

The "True Colors: The Best of Cyndi Lauper" compilation is probably the best one on the market. It has a great balance between her '80s hits and latter material from the '90s. I certainly wouldn't mind a Cyndi box set retrospective that features singles and album tracks from the '80s to present day, b-sides, demos, live tracks, remixes, etc. Actually I wouldn't mind if they released two disc deluxe editions of She's So Unusual, True Colors and A Night to Remember.

by » Thu October 31st, 2013, 16:07

Sisters of Avalon and Hat full of stars are her best album ( I love alternative Cyndi) Shine is amazing too.

Legend
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)

by » Thu January 23rd, 2014, 23:05

So, technically, Cyndi Lauper‘s debut solo LP She’s So Unusual was released in October 1983, and this would then be the year of its 31st anniversary — but who’s counting, anyway? Sony’s Legacy Recordings division will issue She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration on April 1 as a two-disc commemoration of current Grammy nominee Lauper’s classic album featuring hits like “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” “Time After Time,” “She Bop” and “All Through The Night.” Included as bonus tracks on the first disc will be a Yolanda Be Cool remix of the LP’s first single/MTV staple “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” plus two mixes of chart-topper “Time After Time,” by Nervo and Bent Collective.

Demos, a live recording and studio sessions make up the second disc, while Jancee Dunn, who co-wrote 2012 book Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir with the singer, penned the set’s liner notes.

cyndi wins a tony for 'kinky boots'

Cyndi currently stands to win a Best Musical Theater Album Grammy this Sunday (January 26) for her Kinky Boots score. She picked up a Tony Award for the same musical last year. Surprisingly, Cyndi, a 15-time Grammy nominee, has only ever won for Best New Artist, in 1985.

A press release notes that the She’s So Unusual re-release will also be made available as a solo CD (with just the three remixes as bonus material) and a one-LP vinyl record.

Also included with the package: A reusable sticker set, including vinyl cut outs of Lauper’s trademark outfits and accessories “that can be arranged in different combinations on a 3D fold-out backdrop of the bedroom featured in her iconic ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun” music video’.”

She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration (DELUXE EDITION)

Disc One:
    1. Money Changes Everything
    2. Girls Just Want To Have Fun
    3. When You Were Mine
    4. Time After Time
    5. She Bop
    6. All Through The Night
    7. Witness
    8. I’ll Kiss You
    9. He’s So Unusual
    10. Yeah Yeah

Bonus Tracks:
    1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (2013 Yolanda Be Cool Remix)
    2. Time After Time (2013 Nervo Remix)
    3. Time After Time (2013 Bent Collective Remix)

Disc 2
    1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:31 (Early Guitar Demo)
    2. All Through The Night 5:21 (1982 rehearsal, with studio dialog)
    3. Rules And Regulations 2:39 (1982 Rehearsal)
    4. Money Changes Everything 5:06 (Demo)
    5. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:21 (Demo)
    6. Right Train, Wrong Track (Non LP B-Side) 4:40
    7. Witness 3:40 (Live, Boston, 1984)
    8. She Bop (1983 Arthur Baker Remix)
    9. Time After Time 4:01 (Work In Progress Rough Mix)

http://www.idolator.com/7502374/cyndi-l ... nniversary
    My Instagram... - Click here

by » Mon January 27th, 2014, 13:25

I just read that Cyndi won another Grammy

by » Mon January 27th, 2014, 13:29

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    So, technically, Cyndi Lauper‘s debut solo LP She’s So Unusual was released in October 1983, and this would then be the year of its 31st anniversary — but who’s counting, anyway? Sony’s Legacy Recordings division will issue She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration on April 1 as a two-disc commemoration of current Grammy nominee Lauper’s classic album featuring hits like “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” “Time After Time,” “She Bop” and “All Through The Night.” Included as bonus tracks on the first disc will be a Yolanda Be Cool remix of the LP’s first single/MTV staple “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” plus two mixes of chart-topper “Time After Time,” by Nervo and Bent Collective.

Demos, a live recording and studio sessions make up the second disc, while Jancee Dunn, who co-wrote 2012 book Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir with the singer, penned the set’s liner notes.

cyndi wins a tony for 'kinky boots'

Cyndi currently stands to win a Best Musical Theater Album Grammy this Sunday (January 26) for her Kinky Boots score. She picked up a Tony Award for the same musical last year. Surprisingly, Cyndi, a 15-time Grammy nominee, has only ever won for Best New Artist, in 1985.

A press release notes that the She’s So Unusual re-release will also be made available as a solo CD (with just the three remixes as bonus material) and a one-LP vinyl record.

Also included with the package: A reusable sticker set, including vinyl cut outs of Lauper’s trademark outfits and accessories “that can be arranged in different combinations on a 3D fold-out backdrop of the bedroom featured in her iconic ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun” music video’.”

She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration (DELUXE EDITION)

Disc One:
    1. Money Changes Everything
    2. Girls Just Want To Have Fun
    3. When You Were Mine
    4. Time After Time
    5. She Bop
    6. All Through The Night
    7. Witness
    8. I’ll Kiss You
    9. He’s So Unusual
    10. Yeah Yeah

Bonus Tracks:
    1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (2013 Yolanda Be Cool Remix)
    2. Time After Time (2013 Nervo Remix)
    3. Time After Time (2013 Bent Collective Remix)

Disc 2
    1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:31 (Early Guitar Demo)
    2. All Through The Night 5:21 (1982 rehearsal, with studio dialog)
    3. Rules And Regulations 2:39 (1982 Rehearsal)
    4. Money Changes Everything 5:06 (Demo)
    5. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:21 (Demo)
    6. Right Train, Wrong Track (Non LP B-Side) 4:40
    7. Witness 3:40 (Live, Boston, 1984)
    8. She Bop (1983 Arthur Baker Remix)
    9. Time After Time 4:01 (Work In Progress Rough Mix)

http://www.idolator.com/7502374/cyndi-l ... nniversary
    What a great little package, though it would have been great if all the '80s remixes had been included.

Legend
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

by » Mon January 27th, 2014, 18:25

Quote Originally Posted by NightMoves
    I just read that Cyndi won another Grammy
    She did!

Best Musical Theater Album
    Winner
    Kinky Boots
    Billy Porter & Stark Sands, principal soloists; Sammy James Jr., Cyndi Lauper, Stephen Oremus & William Wittman, producers; Cyndi Lauper, composer & lyricist (Original Broadway Cast With Stark Sands, Billy Porter & Others)
    Label: Masterworks Broadway

I thought Motown was going to win , very glad I was wrong!

Legend
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)

by » Wed August 26th, 2015, 22:18

Does anybody know why When You Were Mine is not on Spotify? (Only two live versions are on Spotify.)

by » Fri August 28th, 2015, 00:05

I wish more people talked about Cyndi Lauper lol. Apparently she is now well again and will be working on a new album soon

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sat August 29th, 2015, 00:57

Does anybody know why When You Were Mine is not on Spotify? (Only two live versions are on Spotify.)
    Prince.

by » Thu September 3rd, 2015, 21:10

Prince.
    I'm surprised since Prince only wrote the song and had nothing else to do with Cyndi's version that he would have the power to get the song removed.

I know Beatles aren't available on streaming sites but you can find plenty of cover versions of their songs.

Legend
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)

by » Thu September 3rd, 2015, 21:22

Prince.
    Bit strange though.

He also wrote four songs for Martika's album "Martika's Kitchen" and those songs are on Spotify.
    And he wrote a song for Celine Dion's album "celine dion" called With This Tear, which is on Spotify.

by » Mon September 14th, 2015, 22:52

she's making a country album apparently. She said so on an episode of This Morning recently

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Tue September 15th, 2015, 02:42

Prince.
    Bit strange though.

He also wrote four songs for Martika's album "Martika's Kitchen" and those songs are on Spotify.
    And he wrote a song for Celine Dion's album "celine dion" called With This Tear, which is on Spotify.
    They're only written by him. I

This is Prince and copyright. He'll take down every cover he possibly can because he's a complete testicle.