Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NothingFails
    Legend
    • 09 Jan 2004

I've always thought Cyndi had a lot of class. I saw that awhile back and loved her attitude about that.

Throw in Michael Jackson to the list, and those artists aforementioned were basically all the artists who mattered to me when I was little as well
    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Mikerocha
      Superstar
      • 13 Mar 2008

Will always support her and yes she did sign my She's so unusual lp but the 3 times I met her she had quite a nasty attitude.

Met Madonna once and she smiled and winked at me.

Will always love both, but just sharing my experience.
      “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• NothingFails
        Legend
        • 09 Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikerocha
        Will always support her and yes she did sign my She's so unusual lp but the 3 times I met her she had quite a nasty attitude.
        You're not the first to say that. I've never actually met her but I've come close before (I was less than a foot away from her in 2002 when she opened for Cher and walked through the audience, and I was maybe 10 feet away from her a few years ago when she was in town on a parade) and people have said very negative things about her. The one thing I remember the most when I was so close in 2002 was that she was incredibly pale.

Comment

• Mikerocha
          Superstar
          • 13 Mar 2008

Yeah I don't want to accuse something. maybeshe could have had 3 bad days with me. but I heard many times too.

I was a little sad as I grew up loving her
          “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Crackiswack
            Manager
            • 07 Feb 2016

Aww she seemed like such a genuinely nice person :x

But I love her music and her New York accent
            Please Stop the Music

Comment

• NothingFails
              Legend
              • 09 Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikerocha
              Yeah I don't want to accuse something. maybeshe could have had 3 bad days with me. but I heard many times too.

I was a little sad as I grew up loving her
              oh, I don't doubt you... I've heard multiple times how unpleasant she is.

I remember the clip of her on Celebrity Apprentice where another woman in her group told her outright she was disappointed in realizing how Cyndi is in real life because she always admired her growing up, and Cyndi was blunt with "never meet your idols" to her.

Comment

• Freakydeaky23
                • 01 Jun 2014

Nasty in what way? Can you be specific? I met her once and she made me feel veey welcome abd I saw her on the Apprentice and she seemed very endearing, she lost her temper like everyone did. I think ahes a very insecure person though so maybe she gets very agitated and probably has a chip on her shoulder that her career fell apart by the end of the 80s

Comment

• Nippian93
                  Legend
                  • 11 Jan 2016

Cyndi Lauper to Receive Logo's 2017 Trailblazer Honor
                  Logo is honoring Cyndi Lauper later this month at its Trailblazer Honors for her longtime advocacy work for the LGBT community.

The television network praised the 63-year-old singer-songwriter for her advocacy through song and theater. She co-founded the True Colors Fund in 2008 to help address homelessness among LGBT youth.

The 2017 Trailblazer Honors will be held in New York on June 22 and will air as an hourlong special the following day on VH1 and Logo.
                  http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... azer-honor

Comment

• RayRay
                    Legend
                    • 13 Nov 2011

Originally posted by Brad
                    Originally posted by RayRay
                    Originally posted by Brad
                    Does anybody know why When You Were Mine is not on Spotify? (Only two live versions are on Spotify.)
                    Prince.
                    Bit strange though.

He also wrote four songs for Martika's album "Martika's Kitchen" and those songs are on Spotify.
                    And he wrote a song for Celine Dion's album "celine dion" called With This Tear, which is on Spotify.
                    They're only written by him. I

This is Prince and copyright. He'll take down every cover he possibly can because he's a complete testicle.
                    All these songs are on Spotify now. Very happy as When You Were Mine is one of my all time favorite Cyndi songs.
                    Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• Petrie
                      Roadie
                      • 19 Sep 2017

Despite the current surge in Christmas songs being streamed on YouTube, Cyndi Laupers ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ is raking up almost half a million streams a day. Almost at 500m YouTube streams and for a song that is 34 years old that’s hella impressive.

Such a huge classic.

One of the greatest pop songs of all time imo, this song will live on FOREVER.

Comment

• RayRay
                        Legend
                        • 13 Nov 2011

[youtube:26ofgkh6]p8aAplQzTrk[/youtube:26ofgkh6]
                        Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• RayRay
                          Legend
                          • 13 Nov 2011

Re: Cyndi Lauper

Just been looking for her video of The Goonies 'R' Good Enough. Such a shame only part 1 is on HQ on YouTube.

Comment

• Petrie
                            Roadie
                            • 19 Sep 2017

Can anybody tell me what blocked GJWHF from hitting #1 in the US & UK?

Would be very much appreciated.

Comment

• NothingFails
                              Legend
                              • 09 Jan 2004

Originally posted by Petrie

Van Halen's Jump kept her from #1 in the US, not sure about UK

Comment

• Petrie
                                Roadie
                                • 19 Sep 2017

Originally posted by NothingFails

A travesty. Ah well, GJWHF is way more remembered.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If anyone can tell me what blocked it from hitting number #1 in the UK - Thanks in advanced.

Comment

• Petrie
                                  Roadie
                                  • 19 Sep 2017

^ no worries I did some digging and the song that blocked it from hitting #1 in the UK was “Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax”

What a joke

Queen Cyndi’s mammoth classic remains unbothered tho.

Comment

• RayRay
                                    Legend
                                    • 13 Nov 2011

^ no worries I did some digging and the song that blocked it from hitting #1 in the UK was “Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax”

What a joke

I prefer Cyndi, but Relax is also an iconic song.

Comment

• Petrie
                                      Roadie
                                      • 19 Sep 2017

What a joke

I prefer Cyndi, but Relax is also an iconic song.
                                      Whilst that is true, it is partly due to the songs controversial themes and lyrics. Today though, GJWHF is way more iconic and recognisable amongst the newer generation & it’s massive streams prove that. It’s had a healthier lifespan than “Relax” and will continue to be played for years and years to come.

Comment

• NothingFails
                                        Legend
                                        • 09 Jan 2004

Originally posted by NothingFails

A travesty. Ah well, GJWHF is way more remembered.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If anyone can tell me what blocked it from hitting number #1 in the UK - Thanks in advanced.
                                        I dunno, Jump is still played a lot on classic rock radio. I actually heard it in the car on the way home from work. It's a classic in its own right and the synth line is iconic. It has 156 million plays on Spotify (106 million more than Van Halen's second biggest song on there) so it's definitely still remembered in its own right

Time After Time IMO is a far better song than GJWTHF and I'm glad it was the #1 instead.

Comment

• Petrie
                                          Roadie
                                          • 19 Sep 2017

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun has now surpassed 600m views on YouTube. It is the most viewed female video from the 80s & it is the 3rd most viewed 80s video overall after Sweet Child O’ Mine (709m) and Take On Me (692m)

Such a massive classic.

Comment

Working...