Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: ABBA

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-01-19, 22:16

I can't find the newer version of Happy New Year on Spotify. On which CD was it released?
    I mean the version where they don't sing "the end of a decade, 89".
    My personal chart New entries by... Emeli Sandé, Mariah... - Click here

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 04:04

Is Cassandra one of anyone else’s ABBA faves? It fookin kills me.
    Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 08:18

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    I can't find the newer version of Happy New Year on Spotify. On which CD was it released?
    I mean the version where they don't sing "the end of a decade, 89".

Love to hear that. Always found that time reference irksome

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 14:39

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_d
    I prefer the Dutch version.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-01-19, 05:12

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    I prefer the Dutch version.
    Love it too, I had it on heavy rotation when I got More ABBA Gold

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-01-19, 11:38

It's one of my faves, great tune.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-01-19, 18:25

This Article was put On-Line today. It was kindly Posted in the ABBA :: Charts & Sales Forum by Petrodav1452:

Remember those two new Abba songs coming out 2018. They didn’t!

by PAUL CASHMERE on JANUARY 9, 2019

in NEWS

The first new Abba songs in over three decades have been delayed and no-one knows when they are coming out now.

Benny Anderson of Abba spoke with Ice The Site before Christmas and his words are now just starting to be heard. Basically it all tied up is contracts not being agreed to.

“When that press release came out everything was up and running smoothly then it didn’t run as smoothly,” Benny said. “We are still trying to establish the agreement that needs to be done to be able to continue. We are good. It’s the other side, everything that has to be done, everything that has to be drawn. It’s delayed. It’s not our doing”.

Benny has also admitted that the two songs, ‘I Still Have Faith In You’ and ‘Don’t Shut Me Down’, aren’t even finished. “I haven’t mixed the songs yet,” he said. “They are rough mixes, we have to add some orchestra, we need to add some vocals, I think, when the ladies are available. I’ll do it. The songs will be ready, in the can, in Spring. Then we’ll see when everything falls in the slot. When the release is I can’t say. We can’t wait forever”.

Benny is also suggesting that there may be an extra (third) song to go with the release. “We recorded two new songs. We may do another one,” he said. “This is for the video coming out, the next is for the show and that might take 6-8 (more) months. The reason we did the new songs was to put them in the new show. When you go on the road you need some new stuff. When the show comes up these songs will be old so we may need to do another one for the show. We are working on it.

It was like old time when the four founding members of Abba got back into the studio. “Frida and Agnetha, Bjorn and myself, we had such a good time,” he said. “It took three minutes and we were back where it ended, having fun. Women singing, we were sitting there listening. It was just like no time had passed. We all felt and that we were all very happy about feeling that. All four of us”.

While Benny thinks a third song could be real he hasn’t told Frida or Agnetha. “I haven’t talked to Frida and Agnetha yet about doing one more but I think they’d say yeah”

Conrad Sewell at Noise11.com

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-01-19, 22:23

Bla bla bla, release them already.

I love ABBA, but Bjorn and Benny can annoy me sometimes.
    “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-01-19, 20:42

Less than 2 Weeks ago, Gorel told a German News Paper, that ABBA Fans were getting no more than
    2 New Songs. Certainly not a New Album. It was 2 Songs and no more. Yet Benny & Bjorn have said
    that there will be 3 New Songs. That 1 more will be done. More recently Bjorn has said that it could
    be 4 New Songs - maybe even more. No wonder Fans are confused, as to what exactly ABBA are
    really going to 'give' the Fans.

Yesterday and Today -- Various Media Sites have done Articles regarding the delays to ABBA's Plans.
    Depending on which Site you look at, we may get the New ABBA Songs in 'The Summer' - or as late as
    'The Autumn'/'The Fall' - if not even later...Even The UK Charts Company is interested in the New ABBA
    Songs. They have done more than one Article about them in recent Months...

Monday 21st January and Tuesday 22nd January 2019 - Various Articles With Up-Dated New ABBA Songs Info...

LINK - To The Various Sites & their ABBA 'News':

https://bit.ly/2Dt6Adw

Zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-01-19, 21:10

They should concentrate on finishing one song instead of talking about 3 or 4.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-01-19, 21:25

Benny - Even if they do finish 1 New Song, it does not mean that ABBA will release it at that time.

ABBA seem to want to use the New Songs to Promote 'The ABBAtars' Tour. If 'The ABBAtars' are
    not ready, then ABBA may well not let 'The Fans' have the New Songs, until they are. Which then
    asks the Question - what becomes of the New Songs, if 'The ABBAtars' are never ready, and ABBA
    scrap the entire idea of those 'Holograms' and their 'Tour'?

Zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-01-19, 22:57

Just give us one of the new songs that they won’t use in the ABBAtars thing.
    NO MEN IN ME.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-01-19, 01:05

Menime123 -- The problem is, that I'm pretty sure, that Benny and Bjorn have no idea which New Songs will end up
    being used by 'The ABBAtars'. They seem very uncertain of the entire 'Project', let alone what The Entities will - finally
    - be 'Singing'. (Miming). So, Benny and Bjorn can't just let us have something that The Entities won't be Miming to,
    as they have no complete idea of the Track List that they will need/use for the Tour. It is all so uncertain and hazy.

The more it is delayed, the more something could intervene to make it impossible for any of it to be finished...

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 15:19

Bjorn has recently clarified that we will not get any New ABBA Songs until 'The Autumn'.

Autumn starts on Monday 23rd September and it ends on Sunday 22nd December.

He added that he will be launching ABBA The Party at The 02 in September and in Berlin in December.

The 'ABBAtars' Project may not be ready and running until 2020...

https://irishtechnews.ie/future-proo...ba-and-auddly/

Zeus555

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-03-19, 01:04

Justin -- Benny and Bjorn really don't like giving ABBA Fans 'Bonus' material, on the 'Deluxe' Albums.
    By 'Bonus', I mean Tracks and Alternative Versions, that we've never had before.

I think that we can pretty much forget about getting any 'unreleased' Tracks on the 'Deluxe' 'Voulez-Vous'.
    Benny and Bjorn don't believe in such things, and they hardly ever change their minds. With us getting
    New ABBA Songs, much later in the Year, they probably think that they are 'spoiling' us as it is...

It is rumoured that the ABBA Singles that will be released in a Box Set, (from 'Voulez-Vous'), will be
    on 12 Inch Vinyl, this time - to reflect the fact that much of that Album is 'Disco'.

Of course, 'Disco' does not 'fit' 'Chiquitita' and 'I Have a Dream', but they will probably be on 12 Inch too.
    'Does Your Mother Know' is not really 'Disco' either.

Apparently the 12 Inch Singles will consist of: 'Summer Night City', 'Chiquitita', 'Does Your Mother Know',
    'Voulez-Vous' - twice. Which means that, 'Voulez-Vous' will likely have the USA Extended Version
    on one of the 12 Inch Disks
    , and the other Disk will have the normal Album version. 'Gimme! Gimme!
    Gimme', will be on 12 inch too. As will 'I Have A Dream'. They will all have their usual 'B' Sides, except for
    the Extended 'Voulez-Vous'. I don't know what will be on the 'B' Side of that.

Or - There may be one 12 Inch Disk of the 'Voulez-Vous' Single, with 'Angel Eyes' either on the 'A' Side
    too, or on the 'B' Side. The 'B' Side could be the Extended 'Voulez-Vous', (USA - 1979), either on its own,
    or with 'Angel Eyes'. The 7th 12 Inch Disk may simply be the 'Voulez-Vous' Album. With all 7 Disks put
    in a fancy Box...

There is no use any ABBA Fans getting upset, if there is nothing 'Unreleased' on the 'Deluxe' 'Voulez-Vous'.
    Benny & Bjorn know what the Fans would like, and it became plain a very long time ago, that they are
    not interested in that. It is their Music. They control it. ABBA Fans have 2 choices - to buy each 'Deluxe'
    Album, or to not buy each 'Deluxe' Album. That's called a 'Reality Check'...

I recall 'Chiquitita' being on 12 Inch Vinyl in Germany, in 1979. Polydor said it was a 'Maxi' Single. It
    was just the usual 7 Inch version on 12 Inch Vinyl. The same with the 12 Inch 'Does Your Mother know'
    in France. The same with the 12 inch 'The Winner Takes it All' in the UK. The same with the UK, Irish,
    German etc. 'Lay All Your Love On Me', in 1981. ABBA didn't believe in doing anything 'Special' for
    those releases. It was a case of Fans paying extra - for 12 Inch Vinyl - when the Tracks were the
    same as the 7 Inch versions...(Alan Jones, of 'Music Week' called the 12 Inch 'Lay...' poor value for
    money. He pointed out that it was twice the price of the rest of the UK's Hit Singles, when it was
    just a 7 Inch Single really. Nothing exciting for the money. Not even 2 'B' Sides. He predicted that
    the price and poor value, would cheat ABBA out of a UK Top 5 Hit - and he was 100% right - No.7).

If there are several 12 Inch Singles off the 'Deluxe' 'Voulez-Vous', it will remind me, that my 2 favourite
    Tracks of it, were not only left on the Album, but they were not even 'B' Sides ' 'As Good as New' and
    'If It Wasn't For The Nights'...

Zeus555

Last edited by zeus555; 05-03-19 at 01:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-03-19, 20:58

I cant wait 4 their long overdue comeback.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 06-03-19, 17:48

Thank goodness, that Dan Wootton has raised the prospect of a New ABBA Album, after he
    recently had a meal with Bjorn. I was starting to lose interest in ABBA.

For those who do not know, Dan Wootton is from New Zealand, and he is ITV Breakfast Time's
    Showbiz 'Expert'.

Yesterday - Tuesday 5th March - he was on the 'Lorraine' Show, with his ABBA News.

Here is the Video of that:

zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-03-19, 19:36

Here's a video recap I made of all 101 ABBA songs that were fully released on an official album:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-03-19, 14:53

Did they have any plans to release "When I Kissed The Teacher" and\or "That's Me" as singles ?
    Both songs even have the official videos.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-03-19, 18:08

Quote Originally Posted by LastDreamer View Post
    Did they have any plans to release "When I Kissed The Teacher" and\or "That's Me" as singles ?
    Both songs even have the official videos.
    Those videos were filmed for the 1976 TV special 'ABBA-dabba-doo!', like the ones for 'My Love, My Life' and 'Tiger'.
    The promo to 'That's Me', however, was not shown on that special, but debuted in 1993 on the video compilation 'More ABBA Gold'.