Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: ABBA

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 9th, 2019, 20:41

Dan Wootton does 'The Sun's Showbiz - Bizarre Page every Saturday. He takes up a Double Page,

when Saturday arrives. Dan has not even mentioned his 'ABBA News', in today's Double Page spread.

Nor has he got the Weekly 'Bizarre' Editor - Simon Boyle - to mention it in his Monday to Friday 'Bizarre' Column.

Dan mentioned the 'ABBA News' on his Twitter Page on Tuesday March 5th - but he has not mentioned it since.

I don't know Dan, but I don't like a lot of the things that he writes. He can come across as very arrogant and unkind. He is not liked.

Just look at the Digital Spy Forums Thread devoted just to Dan...Almost all of it negative

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...41/dan-wootton

Now Gorel Hanser - ABBA's long time friend - has been asked to comment on Dan's ABBA claims' She has told
    the ABBA Intermezzo Site this:

Thursday March 7, 2019

"Special thanks to Görel Hanser, ABBA's management, who told us that they have no comments about Björn mentioning to Dan Wootton that he and Benny are writing new songs for ABBA. Görel told us that the release
    info will be posted on ABBA's
    social media in due course".

Which neither agrees with Dan's claims, nor dismisses them. So we are no wiser, as to what ABBA are planning...

Zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 9th, 2019, 21:37

I watched his interview on Lorraine and frankly, he made it sound like Benny asked him to breakfast for reasons other than to do an interview.

It wasn’t an interview and my guess is Benny thought (rightly) he was speaking off the record. Even if he is writing new songs, they aren’t ABBA songs until the girls record them.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 15th, 2019, 23:28

On Wednesday, (13th March), Bjorn was interviewed at the South by Southwest, (SXSW),
    Conference in Texas. He discusses the 2 New Songs in the first half of the Interview. He
    is only asked about those 2, which is probably why he gives no indication of any more than
    that. He also discusses The ABBAtars. It looks like The ABBAtars will be entirely CGI in any
    Videos that ABBA use to promote the New Songs. However, they will not be entirely CGI
    on Stage. There will be 4 'Real Humans' on Stage - 'Body Doubles' of ABBA. Over their
    faces/heads will be CGI, to make them look exactly like ABBA in 1979. So, The ABBAtars
    on Stage will only be CGI/Holograms from the neck upwards. A Live Band will be with them
    on Stage...

Zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 15th, 2019, 23:39

Sound a bit crap don’t they?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 5th, 2019, 12:48

If I've understood things correctly, it looks as though The ABBAtars, on Stage, will only
    be partly CGI - their heads. However, any Promo Videos, for the New ABBA Songs, will be
    100% CGI - there will be no 'Real' ABBA in them - or any other Human Beings.

A few Days ago, Bjorn gave an Interview to a Danish News Paper. He said that the delays,
    over releasing the New ABBA Songs, had gone on for 'too long'. That a Video, for one of them
    is currently being made, but the CGI is taking ages to get right.

He added that we should get at least 1 of the New ABBA Songs, 'in September or October'.

We will see...

Zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 5th, 2019, 13:25

Well let’s hope there’s a secret album to go with it

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 6th, 2019, 13:32

Bjorn has given a big Interview to Dan Wootton, in today's 'The Sun'. (Saturday 6th April).

In it he confirms that there will not be an ABBA Biopic Film. Not while he's alive, anyhow.

He also seems to confirm that we are to get an entire New ABBA Album - not just a few New Songs...

I'm still unclear, if The ABBAtars are to only be CGI, (ABBA as in 1979), from the neck up, and 'Body Doubles'
    from the neck down, or if they are to be entirely CGI...

LINK:

I always find 'The Sun' Site to be rather slow...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...eus-interview/

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Sat April 6th, 2019 at 13:54.

Legend
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 6th, 2019, 14:23

^call me crazy but I feel they're still working it out (the CGI thing I mean)

as for the full new album I couldn't be happier

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 6th, 2019, 15:22

Sounds like the ABBAtars will be full holograms, as he said they were creating everything including a body. How they’ll then interact with the audience I’ve no idea, but it sounds interesting.

Something like this I do think will be the future of concert going - I really do think holograms are going to end up re-staging iconic tours from people no longer able.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 7th, 2019, 09:59

It looks like the 'Deluxe' Voulez-vous' Album will have 7 Twelve Inch Singles released with it.
    The Singles will come in a Box - or you can buy them individually.

They are:

1)... Summer Night City / Medley

2)... Chiquitita / Lovelight

3)... Does Your Mother Know / Kisses Of Fire

4)... Voulez-Vous / Angel Eyes

5)... Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) / The King Has Lost His Crown

6)... I Have A Dream / Take A Chance On Me (Live)

7)... Voulez-Vous (Extended Dance Remix) / If It Wasn't For The Nights

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 22nd, 2019, 18:51

Today The OCC published 2 Articles about ABBA's Best Selling UK Singles and Albums.

Here is their Article about ABBA's Best Selling UK Singles:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-songs__26113/

(Only 'ABBA Gold' is mentioned, regarding ABBA Compilation Albums. However, we must
    not forget that 'Greatest Hits', (1976), has outsold all of ABBA's UK Studio Albums, with
    over 2,600,000 Sales. Beaten only by 'ABBA Gold').

The OCC give 5,580,000 Sales to 'ABBA Gold' - the most that they have ever given it.

Here is The OCC Article about ABBA's UK Albums:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...ranked__26063/

If anyone wants to listen to today's UK - BBC Radio 2 - ABBA Special, it is here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0004dk6

I'm not sure if 'Over-Seas' people can listen to it, but UK listeners can. You have to just Register a BBC Account.
    It is fast and easy to do.

'Dancing Queen' is on 1,550,000 UK Sales. Two other ABBA Hits are not far off a UK Million. 'Super Trouper'
    has 978,000 and 'Knowing Me, Knowing You' has 973,000.

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue April 23rd, 2019, 03:11

I've just noticed that The OCC's ABBA Album's Article calls Benny - 'Jenny'!!!

'Agnetha, Björn, Jenny, and Frida'.

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 24th, 2019, 04:40

You can see the various 'Voulez Vous' Singles releases here:

You can buy them all - with the Half-Speed Album - for 220 Euro's...

http://abbachat.boards.net/thread/10...eleases?page=2

I've long since stopped buying such ABBA releases. I'm interested in New ABBA Music and nothing else...

Zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 24th, 2019, 12:58

Thank you Zeus555 that Frida pic on the link is hilarious, love it

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 11:00

IN TODAY's 'THE SUN' NEWSPAPER...

Buried, (small article), halfway down Page 11 was this:

Here we go again

A THIRD Mamma Mia! Film could be on the way, says ABBA legend Bjorn Ulvaeus.
    He also revealed the band have finished new songs but he won't say when they
    will be out.
    Bjorn told Magic Radio's Richard Allinson: "If someone comes up with an idea for
    Mamma Mia! 3 you know I'll have a look at it".
    He added: "There will be a couple of new songs released eventually".

Interview is on Magic Radio on Sunday 9th June after 7pm - 105.4 FM.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

AN ABBA ALBUM - I think that most ABBA Fans would far rather have a New Album from
    ABBA than a 3rd 'Mamma Mia! Film! Bjorn seems to be far more proud of the Films than
    he is in what ABBA could achieve or create...(I mean most of the people in the Films can't
    even Sing. Yet, Benny & Bjorn seem proud to let them loose on ABBA Songs. It is as if they
    are making fun of the very Music that they created for ABBA. It seems so wrong)...

So, we are now back to us 'only' getting 2 New Songs. ABBA could have recorded an entire
    Album for us, in the 14 Months since they announced the 2 New Songs. (April 2018).

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 02:57

Well - Here we go again. Exciting claims about an ABBA Album and we don't know whether to get excited,
    or to dismiss it as 'Nonsense'. I really hate not knowing what is the truth...

LINK:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...deo-restaurant

According to the UK News Paper 'The Express' - ABBA have already recorded 5 Tracks for a New Album!

At present - No other Media outlet has this 'Story'. The 'Paper is calling it an 'Exclusive'...

We are told that Benny & Bjorn have already written 8 Songs for that alleged Album.

The News Paper says that 'A Source' tells them that the recorded Songs sound fantastic - just
    like the 'old' ABBA days...

Can this really be true? Is this the real reason for the delays in releasing the '2 New Songs'?

We are 'fed' so many different versions and claims about ABBA's 'Plans', that we end up praying
    that we are being told the truth and that we are not being mislead, or even lied to by the Media.
    The Press etc. do like to exaggerate a lot.

Apparently, the Video for one of the Songs has cost a great deal of money, due to the CGI in it. Of
    course ABBA, will also want Videos making for some of the other Songs too - to Promote them around
    the World.

We are told, (in the Article), that Benny and Bjorn are being very careful with the New Songs, as they
    don't want to 'tarnish' ABBA's Legacy. They should just have confidence in what they can do with ABBA.
    After all, if ABBA's Legacy can survive 2 quite awful 'Mamma Mia!' Films, I doubt if New ABBA Songs
    can do any harm at all!

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 14:31

Benny has given an Interview, to Alex Hartelius, from the Swedish News Paper 'Aftonbladet'.

In it he totally denies 'The Express' claims. He says that we will get 2 New ABBA Songs only.

However, part of the reasons for the 'New Album' rumours, are Benny & Bjorn themselves. I've
    seen them say that we will get 3 New ABBA Songs. I've also seen Bjorn say that it could be
    4 - or more. With the delays also, it is no wonder that rumours appear about ABBA 'secretly'
    recording an entire New Album.

Here is a Translation of Benny's 'Aftonbladet' Interview. I've used Google Translate on it, which
    is why it reads rather oddly, in English, but you can see that he is saying that 'The Express'
    claims are nonsense...

BENNY'S 'AFTONBLADET' INTERVIEW:

Benny Andersson denies the new ABBA rumors

"It's completely wrong"

It has previously been reported that ABBA will release two new songs.

But according to the site Express, it should in fact be about an entire album.

Something that Benny Andersson denies.

- It is completely wrong, you can write it, he says to Nöjesbladet.

Last year, the news came that the ABBA members were reunited to record two new songs,
    "Don't shut me down" and "I still have faith in you".

The plan was to release them from the beginning in 2018, but since then the launch has been postponed twice.

- The songs will definitely not be released before the summer, possibly after, said ABBA's manager
    Görel Hanser to the Daily Star in January.

Source: Brand new album

But according to the site Express, it should not just be two new songs, but a completely new album.

- Benny has written eight new songs, so far. Five of them are pre-recorded, say a source to the site and continue:

- The two B's (Benny and Björn red's note) have been careful with their official statements so
    far. But this and more is what happens behind the scene. Benny is a bit paranoid and does not
    want to destroy the group's musical heritage. But he has nothing to be afraid of, it's absolutely
    amazing songs.

Benny Andersson denies

But that there would be a brand new album with ABBA songs is something that is denied by
    Benny Andersson.

- It is completely wrong, you can write it, he says to Nöjesbladet.

So that's not true?

- No, it does not. Hello Hello.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 14:58

Yes, the New ABBA Songs, (however many there are), are now delayed until November. We have to be
    patient, as we have no power or control over these matters. Getting angry or upset helps no-one. We
    have to be positive...

However, it really is Benny & Bjorn's fault, that there is so much confusion, as to how many New Songs
    we are getting. In Interviews, I've seen them saying that we are to definitely get a 3rd New ABBA Song.
    In another Interview, Bjorn said that it could be '4 or more'. It is no wonder that we've ended up with
    speculation that we are to get an entire Album, and that just 2 New Songs somehow seems not enough,
    after all the 'teasing' and the forever changing release Months...

Here is a 'Metro' Article confirming the 'new' delay:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/13/abba-...ember-9932090/

In the meantime 'Radio Times' has done a 'Feature' where they look for 'evidence' and 'clues' that there
    may be a 3rd 'Mamma Mia!' Film. For some reason 'Mamma Mia!' now seems to over-shadow everything
    to do with ABBA. It is as if ABBA Songs were only 'lent' to ABBA, and they really 'belong' to the 'Mamma Mia!'
    Films - and the several Actors who cannot even sing! (I'm not saying that none of the Actors, in the Films can
    Sing, but a good many of them can't). The 1st Film made over $600 Million and Film 2 made just under $400
    Million. We will see how much Film 3 makes. If it is ever made...

(Bjorn says that there will not be a 3rd Film).

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film...a-mamma-mia-3/

Zeus555

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 18:25

I'm so confused at this point...it's like I've been hearing about new music for more than a year now. They should just get over it and release what they have or forget about it altogether.
    The sexiest thing is trust....

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Superstar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 19:01

Hejira -- You have been hearing about New ABBA Music 'for more than a year now'. ABBA told us about
    the 2 New Songs in April 2018. That's 14 Months ago. They recorded the 2 New Songs 2 Years ago - in
    June 2017. We have yet to hear the New Songs, but they must seem rather stale to ABBA, as they've
    heard the recordings for 2 Years.

There is nothing to get 'confused' about. Bjorn says that we now can't have the New Songs until November.
    by which time it will be almost 2.5 Years since ABBA recorded them. Which is a quarter of a Decade! The only
    matter that is 'confusing' is how many New Songs we will finally get. Even Benny & Bjorn seem to have no
    idea. We never get to hear what Agnetha and Frida think about it all...

Zeus555