Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: ABBA

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Sun August 4th, 2019, 13:01

More 'delays' for ABBA's New Songs, I'm afraid:

Benny's Aftonbladet Interview - Friday 2nd August

I've used Google Translate, to show what Benny said about the New Songs and The ABBAtars,
    in last Friday's Aftonbladet Interview, with Jens Peterson. (Friday 2nd August).

Note -- When Benny says, 'If it gets lost', (referring to The ABBAtars Project), he obviously means 'If it goes ahead'.
    When he says 'I can't tell you that much', he means 'too much'.

The Relevant Parts of The Interview:

Now an upcoming tour is being prepared. There are digital copies that will look like Agneta, Frida,
    Björn and Benny did in 1979.

The Avatar project takes almost all the time. If it gets lost, it will premiere in 2021, says Benny Andersson.

What jobs are waiting after the summer holidays?

"The Avatar Project. It takes almost all the time now. There are so many people involved and a lot
    to come together".

The news of an ABBA tour, where digital versions of you four are touring with live musicians on stage,
    came in October 2016. Then the premiere was scheduled for this year.

What is the plan now?

"If it gets lost, it will sometime be 2021. The conditions have changed. I can't tell you that much".

You have recorded two new ABBA songs. Do you wait to release them until then?

"Well. In some way, we should make it come together. We may release the songs when we know
    the premiere date for the avatar tour and can sell tickets. We haven't decided. The new songs are
    pretty good".

You have to be passionate about publishing "Don't Shut Me Down" and "I Still Have Faith In You".
    Are the songs completely finished?

"No, they're not mixed. We have made some rough mixes but it is not so crazy to have it almost ready.
    Then you hear details that can be improved in the final mix. But everything is recorded, that's it".

What's next for the avatars?

"We have to make a setlist, which songs will be included in the concerts. So they can be recorded with
    our double occupants. How long should the songs be? Are they the same versions, or any acoustic? It's
    a pretty fun job. I've been doing recycling for a long time now".

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Tue August 6th, 2019, 13:54

Cher is already recording her 2nd ABBA Covers Album.

She seems to have already chosen 6 Songs for it and she wants
    her Fans to suggest 2 more. However, that would still only give
    her Album 8 Tracks, which is not very many, these days.

Fans have suggested that she records: Ring Ring, Honey Honey,
    I've Been Waiting For You, Knowing Me, Knowing You, Angel Eyes,
    Does Your Mother Know, Andante Andante, Lay All Your Love On Me
    and The Visitors.

Apparently, she really likes 'Chiquitita', as she did it in English, on her 1st
    ABBA Album, and now she is thinking of doing it in Spanish, on her 2nd
    ABBA Album.

Here is what she says in her Twitter Account:

Right This Second

“When All is Said & Done”,😥

(But When Its Finished,Think)

“ Chiquitita en Español”💔

🤔”Take a Chance On Me”

🤫I Do,I Do,I Do,I Do,I Do

🥳Super Trooper

😵Voulez Vous

2 more Tracks,But ⁉️

Zeus555

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Wed August 7th, 2019, 03:40

I'd like her to cover Lovelight and/or That's me

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 23:18

AndiIversen -- I've liked 'Lovelight' ever since I first heard it as the 'B' Side of 'Chiquitita'. If you recall, Polar Music
    accidentally put an 'Alternative Mix' of it on the 'More Gold' CD, in 1993. I also like 'That's Me'. That one tends to be
    forgotten, due to it being on the 'B' Side of 'Dancing Queen'. I believe that it is Agnetha's favourite ABBA Song...

In The OCC 'Feature' about 'ABBA Gold' reaching 900 UK Top 100 Weeks...

They have given it 5,450,000 Total UK Sales.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...m-ever__27036/

However, in a 22nd April 'Feature' they gave it 5,580,000 Sales. (Including W/E 25th April Chart).

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...ranked__26063/

So, they have now removed around 130,000 of its Sales.

Nor have they added in any of its Sales in the 15 Charts from W/E 2nd May to W/E 8th August.

It sells around 2,000 UK copies - often a bit more - every Week.

It will sell around 2,000 copies this Week - W/E 15th August Chart.

On W/E 6th September 2008 Alan Jones gave it 4,312,090 UK Sales.

Does anyone know how many UK copies it sold from W/E 13th September 2008 to the final Week of 2008?

Was the last 2008 Chart that of W/E 3rd January 2009?

It sold 410,119 UK copies in all of 2008. It was the 19th Best Seller of the Year...

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Fri August 9th, 2019, 15:04

Elsewhere it has been suggested that The OCC gave 'ABBA Gold' 5,450,000 UK
    Sales, (this Week), and 5,558,000 in April, because the larger Total includes
    Streaming. Perhaps that explains it...

Here is some UK Sales Data for 'ABBA Gold'.

A)... Alan Jones' Total from W/E 3rd October 1992 to W/E 6th September 2008 = 4,312,090

We then just need its Sales from W/E 13th September 2008 to the final Chart of 2008 - W/E 3rd January 2009 (?)

It sold 410,119 copies in all of 2008 and was the UK's 19th Best Seller for that Year.

B)...

2009 -- 54th for the Year = 248,500 Sales

2010 -- 90th for the Year = 150,900 Sales

2011 -- 130th for the Year = 95,400 Sales

2012 -- 140th for the Year = 81,300 Sales

2013 -- 119th for the Year = 77,250 Sales

2014 -- 103rd for the Year = 70,300 Sales

2015 -- 79th for the Year = 84,000 Sales

2016 -- 72nd for the Year = 88,500 Sales

2017 -- 77th for the Year = 91,000 Sales

2018 -- 20th for the Year = 173,500 Sales

C)...

2019 -- To W/E 8th August = 28th for the Year -- 74,750 Sales

D)...

Plus about 2,200 Sales, to rise from No.40 to No.35, in the latest UK Album Chart -- W/E 15th August 2019.

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Fri August 9th, 2019 at 18:38.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 22:19

So, as far as matters now stand - The ABBAtars may 'start' in 2021. Then again, they may not go
    ahead at all. As Benny & Bjorn are still 'tying' the release of any New ABBA Songs to the 'Launch'
    of The ABBAtars, it means that we may have to wait until 2021 to hear anything New from ABBA.

Which raises the 'Question' - What happens to the New ABBA Songs, if 2021 arrives and they
    decide not to go ahead with The ABBAtars? Are the New Songs still to be released, or will they
    be 'Stored' in 'The Vaults'???

By January 2021 it will be over 3.5 Years since ABBA recorded the 2 New Songs, (June 2017),
    and 2 Years and 9 Months since they told us about them (April 2018). These 'Delay Spans' then
    increase the further into 2021 we get...Benny is still saying that the 2 New Songs are still not
    'Mixed' properly. All of this is very odd indeed...

Here is the latest ABBA News from the ABBA Intermezzo News Page - Monday 12th August:

The Swedish newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen have quoted an interview with Benny talking
    about the planned Avatar tour:

"If it happens, then somewhere in 2021. The requirements have changed. I can't say much about
    that." He also says that the two new ABBA songs are not finally mixed.

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 14:57

On Friday, (16th August), Justin at The Official UK Charts Company, did a Feature entitled:

"Bands that went on hiatus and are still keeping us waiting"

For those who don't know - 'Hiatus' means a Break or a Pause.

I think that either Justin or Rob at The OCC are ABBA Fans, as both seem to be interested in ABBA
    returning with New Music. The OCC remains keen, even though several of their Staff dislike ABBA.

Anyhow - as you can see - there is an ABBA 'Section' in Justin's Friday Feature:

LINK:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...aiting__27094/

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 08:54

It may be far more subtle, than when Madonna used it, ('Hung Up' - 2005), but Ava Max
    has also 'Sampled' ABBA's 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!', on her New Single - 'Torn'. If you
    listen carefully, you can hear the ABBA Sample in the background. Ava seems to be the
    only Artist making'Pure Pop' these days, now that Lady GaGa has abandoned the Genre...

LINK:

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Sat August 24th, 2019, 03:00

The ABBA Intermezzo Site has now asked Gorel Hanser, (ABBA's Friend & Spokes Person),
    if she can tell us any up-to-date News as to when we may see the New Songs released.

Gorel says that the New Songs will 'Eventually' be released in 2020'. That The ABBAtars Tour
    will 'Probably' start in 2021.

She emphasised that all of this has not been confirmed...

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Sat August 24th, 2019, 08:54

as I never had much to do with their music so far (apart from several songs like 'Dancing Queen'), I didn't really care for it. I heard 'The Winner Takes It All' on the radio a few weeks ago (already knew the song) and somehow it clicked with me, now I recently bought their ABBA GOLD album on Gold vinyl and I am living my best life here. Absolutely addicted!

My 'new' favorites are 'I Have A Dream', 'Chiquitita', 'Super Trouper' and 'Thank You For The Music'.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

by » Mon August 26th, 2019, 13:08

I just discovered Head Over Heels for the first time, love it!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Wed August 28th, 2019, 03:14

It looks like we will first see The ABBAtars in the Video for one of the New ABBA Songs.

Bjorn has been interviewed by Viktor Andersson of TT, (whatever that is).

(I used Google Translate, to translate the complete Bjorn Interview into English. However,
    it was such a bizarre transltation, that I decided not to Post it. Bjorn does say that the
    Digital Copies of ABBA, (The ABBAtars), are how ABBA looked in 1978. This is new, as
    we were originally told that they were based on how ABBA looked in 1979...).

Here is ABBA Intermezzo's summing up of that Interview:

August 27, 2019

TT has interviewed Björn at O2 in London during the preparations for MAMMA MIA! THE PARTY.
    Björn says that in the entertainment world you are seen nowhere if you are not seen in London
    or New York. If The Party is a success in London it will be taken to Las Vegas for the next. Then
    Hamburg or Düsseldorf. It is not decided in which order the next places will follow, but on the list
    are cities like Sao Paul, Tokyo and Moscow and countries like South Africa, Australia, China and
    South Korea. About the avatars Björn says that next year they will be seen on video and it
    will be in connection with the new songs.
    About the future of the Cirkus theatre Björn tells
    that probably already in October there will be big news which include theatre and spectacular
    things outdoors.
    Thanks to Pentti Koponen!

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Wed August 28th, 2019 at 03:53.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Mon September 2nd, 2019, 03:08

Back in March, Dan Wootton, the Show Biz 'Expert' on 'Lorraine, (UK TV Show), insisted
    that he'd had 'Dinner' with Bjorn, who had told him we are to get an entire New ABBA
    Album. Dan repeated the claims in 'The Sun' News Paper, where he seems to be the Editor
    of any Show Business Articles.

Now Dan has interviewed Bjorn, in 'The Sun', due to 'Mamma Mia! - The Party' 'Opening'. Not
    once, in the entire Interview does Dan repeat his claims of a New ABBA Album. All of that is
    now forgotten as Dan and Bjorn talk only of 2 New ABBA Songs, for a 2020 release - still tied
    in to when The ABBAtars may be 'ready'. (Obviously, Dan is not a very honest person, after he
    came up with all the 'New ABBA Album' nonsense, earlier in 2019).

So, after all of this waiting - and still more waiting to come - we may only be getting 2 New ABBA
    Songs, after all. (Yes, we must not be allowed too many, as it may 'spoil' us! Lol!).

Below is The Link to 'The Sun' Article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ty-experience/

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Mon September 2nd, 2019 at 03:11.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2019, 18:13

The New 02 ABBA Exhibition, is far bigger, & more comprehensive, than the previous London ABBA Exhibition,
    which was at the Southbank Centre, in London, from 14th December 2017 to 29th April 2018.

The 02 ABBA Exhibition will run from 6th December this Year, to 31st August 2020.

Tickets are £27 each.

Even Frida has commented on it, which is a change, from us only hearing from Benny & Bjorn, for
    comments about ABBA.

ABBA’s Frida Lyngstad says: "From our Eurovision Song Contest win in Brighton in ’74 to the present day, the UK has long held a special place in ABBA’s heart, and we have always strongly felt the love and support of our British fans. It’s with celebration that we work with Jude Kelly CBE towards this major exhibition and can’t wait for fans to discover a host of surprises in December!"

NOTE -- I wonder if ABBA will use the 02 Exhibition, to 'introduce' us to The ABBAtars - and at least one of the New ABBA Songs? They may do that when we get closer to its final Month - August 2020. They could just show the Video - for 'I Still Have Faith In You' - which Bjorn has told us is being created - with The ABBAtars in it...

https://thequietus.com/articles/2707...the-exhibition

Here is a detailed Quietus Article about their choice of several less well known ABBA Songs:

https://thequietus.com/articles/2462...eyond-the-hits

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Tue September 10th, 2019 at 18:16.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Sat September 14th, 2019, 20:31

I've just listened to a recording of Bjorn's BBC Radio 2 Interview, with Graham Norton. (From this morning
    - Saturday 14th).

I kept stopping the recording to make Notes.

Here is what I've written.

1)... Graham Norton asked Bjorn, if he's seen his ABBAtar. He said that he's seen the 85% of it that is
    finished. It is how he looked in 1979.

2)... Asked about the 2 New Songs, Bjorn said that 'I Still Have Faith in You' was 'Timeless' and a 'Ballad'.
    The 2nd Song is 'Almost Disco' and '70's sounding', and that is 'Don't Shut Me Down'.

3)... Graham said that it is a long time since ABBA first announced that they'd recorded them.
    That they are now 'Old' Songs. Bjorn said that he'd told the World about them too soon. He called
    them 'Unheard Songs'. That we'll get them: 'Next Year'.

4)... Bjorn was asked if ABBA 'Kept going', (recording New Songs), after they recorded
    the 2, in June 2017. Was there going to be a New ABBA Album?

Bjorn said: 'I don't think so. You never know. There could be a few others. We'll see.
    We had fun'.

5)... He was asked if ABBA were re-recording any 'Old' ABBA Songs, for The ABBAtars to 'Sing'.
    Bjorn said 'No'.

6)... Graham asked if The ABBAtars are to Tour. Bjorn said 'No'. They will be in one place. ABBA Fans
    will have to travel to see them.

Bjorn said that the other Members of ABBA had asked him not to reveal 'too much' about The ABBAtars
    plans.

7)... Graham asked if ABBA were tempted to do a Concert. Bjorn said that none of ABBA want to do that.
    He said that even 1 Night, (of a Concert), takes a lot of energy. ABBA just have no desire to perform.
    It will not happen. Graham said that Fans would not mind if ABBA did a Concert sitting down. Bjorn was
    not interested...

8)... Graham said that he thinks that ABBA will see The ABBAtars performing, getting 'A lot of love'
    from Audiences, and they will get the desire back to go back on Stage themselves. Bjorn said that it
    will not happen.

9)... He was asked when the NBC/BBC Global ABBA TV Special was to be shown. Bjorn said that
    it is probably not going to be made. That ABBA were still deciding how they would 'Launch'
    The ABBAtars. (The 'Launch' was originally going to be via that TV Special. That was due to be
    Broadcast on Tuesday 18th December 2018. Now, it will never be made).

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Sat September 14th, 2019 at 20:37.