Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2Pac (Tupac/Makaveli)

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Wed September 7th, 2016, 22:01

I'm surprised there no topic yet for him.
    None the less...

20 years ago today, Tupac was shot and mortally wounded in Las Vegas. He died 6 days later at the age of only 25!
    He gave us classic hits like Caifornia Love (with Dre), Dear Mama, Changes. The list can go on!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

by » Wed September 7th, 2016, 23:32

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    None the less...

20 years ago today, Tupac was shot and mortally wounded in Las Vegas. He died 6 days later at the age of only 25!
    I think there is a GAD topic, I wrote there myself, but when I use our search engine only this one pops out. One way or another, may he Rest In Peace[*], awesome rapper.
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Thu September 8th, 2016, 05:51

Quote Originally Posted by Nippian93
    None the less...

I think there is a GAD topic, I wrote there myself, but when I use our search engine only this one pops out. One way or another, may he Rest In Peace[*], awesome rapper.
    And that's the thing; even the a index thread doesn't have a topic
    I know this has been debated to death but Biggie versus 2Pac? I'd choose 2Pac based on his lyrically interpretation. For a good time in the club, I'd choose Biggie.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

by » Thu September 8th, 2016, 06:11

Quote Originally Posted by Nippian93
    None the less...

And that's the thing; even the a index thread doesn't have a topic
    I know this has been debated to death but Biggie versus 2Pac? I'd choose 2Pac based on his lyrically interpretation. For a good time in the club, I'd choose Biggie.
    For me 2Pac > Biggie, without a doubt, I like both, wish we could hear more good rap stuff by those two.
    Whitney Houston

by » Tue September 13th, 2016, 22:20

20th anniversary today, R.I.P.[*]
    Whitney Houston

by » Wed January 18th, 2017, 00:11

TUPAC BIOPIC ‘ALL EYEZ ON ME’ FINALLY HAS A U.S. DISTRIBUTOR AND AN OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE SET

It finally has a release date! Lionsgate has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Morgan Creek’s long in development Tupac Shakur biopic, and has set a June 16, 2017 release date, which also happens to be Shakur’s birthday (he would’ve been 46).

Titled “All Eyez on Me,” the film chronicles the life and legacy of Tupac Shakur, including his rise to superstardom as a hip hop artist and actor, as well as his imprisonment and prolific, controversial time at Death Row Records, where he was steeped in the East coast/West coast rap war.

The feature film is written by Jeremy Haft & Ed Gonzalez and Steve Bagatourian, and is directed by Benny Boom. Newcomer Demetrius Shipp Jr stars as Tupac Shakur; Danai Gurira is Afeni Shakur; Kat Graham plays Jada Pinkett; Annie Ilonzeh is Kidada Jones; Lauren Cohan plays Leila Steinberg; and Jamal Woolard reprises his role from “Notorious” as Biggie Smalls.

James G Robinson and David Robinson from Morgan Creek are producing along with Program Pictures’ LT Hutton.
    Watch the film’s most recent trailer below (although I’d expect Lionsgate to recut another one):

http://shadowandact.com/2017/01/17/tupa ... -date-set/
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

by » Sat February 11th, 2017, 06:45

I am also excited, hope they do a great job with the biopic.
    Whitney Houston

by » Mon March 27th, 2017, 00:45

HALL OF FAME INDUCTION LOCKS IN SNOOP DOGG, LIKELY DR. DRE

Tupac Shakur's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame next month will be a mini Death Row Records reunion because Snoop Dogg's leading the tribute, and Dr. Dre's in talks to join him.

We're told Snoop jumped at the chance to lead a group of West Coast rappers in paying tribute to Pac. We're told Dr. Dre's been asked to join the ceremony as well ... and he's close to signing on.

Our sources say the performance will feature a mix of at least 3 songs performed by Snoop, Dre and company ... and "California Love" is definitely on the setlist.
    This year's ceremony takes place April 7 at the Barclays Center.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/26/snoop-dog ... l-of-fame/
    Whitney Houston

by » Tue April 4th, 2017, 23:15

Suge Knight: “I Know Who Killed Tupac. It Was…”

Suge Knight has stepped forward to offer the names of the people he says murdered the rapper and political activist Tupac Shakur.

It was my wife.

Yes, Marion ‘Suge’ Knight claims that his ex-wife Sharitha and Death Row security staffer Reggie Wright Jr were behind the brutal murder, and that he has information which may help to unearth the identity of Biggie Smalls‘ murderer.

His attorney Thaddeus Culpepper wrote in a signed affidavit.

Knight has known for many years that Reggie Wright Jr. and his ex-wife Sharitha were behind the murder of Tupac and attempted murder of Knight.

So, why reveal this now?

The Hip-Hop mogul learned of the creation of a project named ‘Tupac Assasination: The Battle for Compton’ and, according to its co-director Richard Bond, was intrigued when it presented a case for the theory he now says is true.

When our book came out and we were working on the movie, we gave the salient points of the book (Tupac: 187 The Red Knight) to Thaddeus Culpepper, who read them to Suge Knight. Suge’s initial response was, “Who the hell are these guys?”

Their theory posits Tupac’s murder was actually accident as the intended target was Suge.

A source close to the case revealed:

Culpepper told Carlin individually that not only did Knight confirm the events as portrayed in Compton, which portray Knight was the intended target and Shakur as collateral damage, as true, but also goes on to allege that these 1996 events may have been the first in a history of attempts on Knight’s life, culminating in the recent attempted killing of Knight at the 1OAK Club in Los Angeles, where Knight was shot six times.

Sharitha‘s supposed motive? Power.

One of the project’s contributors shared:

Suge wasn’t divorced yet and if he died in that hit, she’d get most of everything. So she went to Wright Jr., who was in charge of Death Row and ran it while Suge was in prison. ‘[Wright Jr.] has gotten away with it this whole time. They floated a whole lot of propaganda to former LA Times reporter Chuck Phillips—calling in hundreds if not thousands of fake clues.
    http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/04/suge- ... led-tupac/
    Whitney Houston

by » Sat April 8th, 2017, 23:23

Alicia Keys, Snoop Dogg, YG & T.I. Pay Tribute to Tupac at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2017 Induction

As the 2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony kicked off Friday (April 7) night, the big question remaining was "who will perform the tribute to the late Tupac?"

Well, the Rock Hall made a lovely, inspired choice by having East Coast R&B balladeer Alicia Keys honor the late West Coast rap god with a medley of snippets of 'Pac songs (including "I Ain't Mad at Cha" and "Ambitionz As a Ridah") while effortlessly riffing on the piano, talking about her love for the man and his music. Standing up from the ivories, she belted "Changes" as the audience sang along.

Then, things got loud. Snoop Dogg and YG performed "Gangsta Party," Treach from Naughty by Nature did "Hail Mary," and T.I. -- decked out in Tupac's signature bowtie bandanna AND a leather corset -- gave an affecting cover of "Keep Ya Head Up" that was clearly very meaningful for him.

Prior to the performance, Snoop delivered a hilarious, heartfelt induction speech that focused on "Tupac the actual human being" instead of "Tupac, some kind of thugged-out superhero." Also, he shared a story about parasailing with Tupac while Suge Knight piloted the boat that was sweet, hysterical and bizarre, and you'll just have to watch the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony on April 29 on HBO to hear about it.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... dogg-yg-ti
    Whitney Houston

by » Tue May 2nd, 2017, 08:35

Tupac Movie “All Eyes on Me” Release Date Revealed

Fans have been anticipating the long awaited biopic of Tupac Shakur. It finally has a release date, June 16, on what would have been his 46th birthday.

The All Eyez on Me biopic is named in honor of Shakur’s highly successful fourth studio album. The album went on to become one of the highest-selling rap albums of all time. In July 2014, All Eyez on Me went certified 10x platinum. It was Shakur’s last album before his death on September 13, 1996.
    http://yorkpbnews.net/arts/tupac-movie- ... -revealed/
    Whitney Houston

by » Sun May 14th, 2017, 07:14

‘Unsolved’: True Crime Drama About Tupac and Biggie’s Murders Picked Up By USA Network

Tupac and Biggie are coming to a small screen near you very soon.

Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G. was just picked up by USA Network, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The new true crime drama chronicles the dual police investigations into the suspicious killings of the two men caught in one of hiphop’s biggest rap beefs. Unsolved will be an anthology series, focusing on a different high-profile unsolved case each season.

The first anthology is based on the experiences of former Los Angeles Police Department Detective Greg Kading, who authored the book "Murder Rap: The Untold Story of Biggie Smalls & Tupac Shakur Murder Investigations" based the multiple police task forces he led to investigate the 1996 and 1997 murders respectively. He is also a co-executive producer of the new series.

The cast for Unsolved is also taking shape. It includes newcomer Wavyy Jonez as Biggie and Straight Outta Compton’s Marcc Rose as Tupac. Other faces we'll see in the series include musicians Luke James who will play Sean “Diddy” Combs, and Letoya Luckett as Sharitha Golden, the estranged wife of Suge Knight.

The series is slated to air in the first quarter of 2018, Deadline reports.
    http://www.essence.com/entertainment/un ... gie-series
    Whitney Houston

by » Fri May 26th, 2017, 23:30

A&E also announced the six-part limited series Who Killed Tupac?, which focuses on the investigation surrounding Tupac Shakur's 1996 murder. That series also launches June 29th. Who Killed Tupac? revolves around civil rights lawyer Benjamin Crump's efforts to reexamine the key theories around the still-unsolved murder, Crump, whose mother went to high school with Shakur's mother Afeni, also draws parallels between the rapper's death and those of Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice and Michael Brown.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... ae-w484084
    Whitney Houston

by » Sun June 18th, 2017, 23:18

Box Office: 'Cars 3' Beats 'Wonder Woman' With $53.5M; 'All Eyez on Me' Nabs $27M

The other big headline of the weekend was the Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez on Me, directed by Benny Boom. The movie, landing at No. 3, came in ahead expectations with $27.1 million from 2,471 theaters.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... ht-1014494
    Whitney Houston

by » Sat June 24th, 2017, 23:11

The picture that is just tanking in its second weekend is the Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez on Me, which kept its theaters but it sinking like a stone in its sophomore frame, down possibly 78% with $5.88M.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/transformer ... 202118976/
    Whitney Houston

by » Thu June 29th, 2017, 00:25

A&E Network has pushed the premiere dates for its documentary Biggie: The Life of Notorious B.I.G. and limited series Who Killed Tupac? Originally scheduled for June 28 and June 29, respectively, Biggie will now air September 4, while the six-part Shakur series will debut some time in the fourth quarter of 2017.
    http://deadline.com/2017/06/ae-biggie-t ... 202107763/
    Whitney Houston