Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 07:59

I guess we can all agree that Human has been laid to rest (pun unintended)
    There are reports floating everywhere about this forthcoming release...

Concreteloop may be a "blog" but they have proven to be one of the most reliable sources for urban music.

Even after the release of her latest album, Human, Brandy is already back at work for her sixth studio album.

While on tour in Europe, it has been reported that Brandy will have songs penned by The Dream and will soon go in the studio with Pharrell. She has also been rumored to have been in the studio with Stargate.

It’s not yet known the direction that Brandy is taking for the new album, but will record a duet with her younger brother.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 09:15

Quote Originally Posted by RapUpPlayer
    ^^ZuZu is gonna be sooo mad at you.

She already gave up on Human, but I'm glad she wasn't dropped or something similar to that!

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 10:19

I think Epic would have been fools if they dropped her. It was her debut album with them... she is brand that she's created over the past 15 years. People may say that she is irrelvant in this day and age but I think that if she gave us a more "younger" pop-appealing sound, she could still be relevant!

I hope we get it November this year! That would be awesome! I dont think she can afford to stay away for too long. She just got her name back out there... she needs to throw it around again soon!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 10:22

Zuzu needs to learn that it's not a race to be the first to start a new topic..

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 12:56

Quote Originally Posted by preyan
    I think Epic would have been fools if they dropped her. It was her debut album with them... she is brand that she's created over the past 15 years. People may say that she is irrelvant in this day and age but I think that if she gave us a more "younger" pop-appealing sound, she could still be relevant!

I hope we get it November this year! That would be awesome! I dont think she can afford to stay away for too long. She just got her name back out there... she needs to throw it around again soon!
    I hope for this November/Christmas. The sales would be through the roof. She'd be competing with Keyshia, but if she brings a hot banger and an uptempo album (I always say the emotion of Human + the feel of Afrodisiac) then she's set. I love Brandy, and Human was one of her most personal and beautiful records.
    Pop music = life

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 13:09

I used to love Brandy music but besides a few songs I thought Human was a piece of crap.
    The fact that some of the bonus/unreleased tracks ("Gonna Find My Love", "Drum Life") were miles better than most of the songs that made the album was a travesty.

Afrodisiac might have flopped but it was an interesting album at least, the last one was unoriginal and boring imo
    Mariah Carey - Caution

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 14:46

Quote Originally Posted by pussycatdollns

I hope for this November/Christmas. The sales would be through the roof. She'd be competing with Keyshia, but if she brings a hot banger and an uptempo album (I always say the emotion of Human + the feel of Afrodisiac) then she's set. I love Brandy, and Human was one of her most personal and beautiful records.
    Believe it or not, I would ask Brandy to tone it down a bit (and get less personal). I dont think the masses are ready for something so personal. She got really personal with Full Moon onwards... look at NSN. It was a fun, record that spoke about everything, and people would not take the message personally. Thats what we need. Less personal, more commercial, fun appeal! I want her to get less soulful for the next album and go more pop'ish. Epic is a great label to appeal to more masses than her last label. (JLo is on Epic!!!)

I really want her to achieve commercial success with her next and gain that fanbase back again and then give them true Brandy with the album after that.

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 14:49

Brandy needs to have a little fun on this album and Right Here was a great way to move in that direction imo.. she need more album tracks along those lines and it'll help with her commerical success too

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 14:52

She needs more uptempo urban tracks to get noticed again. Human was brilliant but not on a commercial level.

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 17:31

Quote Originally Posted by SholasBoy

Zuzu needs to learn that it's not a race to be the first to start a new topic..
    Its not a race, but I did wana make it, but you said not to until a OFFICAL source confirmed it. Funny how you changed the rule.
    Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
    http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-05-09, 18:12

Shola is it possible that someone can merge the last say 10 or more pages of the Human thread in here?

I only ask because it holds alot of information that ppl have already contributed about this new project, like new single and other info like that.

we've known about the sixth album for about a month or two now LOL

YAY Another Brandy album thread and it didn't take 4 years!!!!!!!!!!

So Dream, Neyo, Stargate, Timbaland are confirmed right.... anyone else?

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 21-05-09, 22:34

Unfortunately there is no way to merge topics on here at present :(

I really don't see why it matters who created the thread, you wanted to talk about it, so talk about it...

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 21-05-09, 23:23

Its about saying one thing to me then totally doing a 360 on it. So whatever. I coulda given a just as credible source as CL.com and made this thread ages ago. But you said not to. But whatever.
    Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
    http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 21-05-09, 23:24

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzu18
    But whatever.
    Cool! Well glad we've reached an agreement.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-05-09, 02:47

Its about saying one thing to me then totally doing a 360 on it. So whatever. I coulda given a just as credible source as CL.com and made this thread ages ago. But you said not to. But whatever.

doing a 360 ends up in the same place
    Pop music = life

Legend
    So when I see you, say "Hey, hey, hey daddy"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-05-09, 15:08

Quote Originally Posted by pussycatdollns

doing a 360 ends up in the same place
    LOL! I think he meant 180
    Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-05-09, 15:11

so im confused, what is the fuss all about, are you all really upset that you didnt start a new brandy topic?
    http://www.monicasource.com the official home for all Monica Fans

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-05-09, 01:26

Quote Originally Posted by alxx
    She needs more uptempo urban tracks to get noticed again. Human was brilliant but not on a commercial level.
    So true. I want her to continue to make quality music but she got to release more upbeat R&B/pop singles next time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just keep affirming everyday, and it will just be there. Brandy

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-05-09, 07:34

Damn, her stuff is leaking already!!!
    I love Ne-Yo... I think they could do wonders together!

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-05-09, 08:59

Damn, her stuff is leaking already!!!
    I love Ne-Yo... I think they could do wonders together!
    I hate him with passion! I hope everything where he is featured on will not make the final cut.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-05-09, 11:11

Another one of those pesky Tapemasters Inc mixtapes have just dropped, meaning that we're set for a whole bunch of new exclusive joints to flood the net. Expect some new Ciara soon, but for now take a listen to this Brandy track "Decisions" featuring Ne-Yo and produced by Stargate.

Brandy Feat Ne-Yo - Decisions
    [Prod Stargate]
    UNTAGGED/NO DJ
    Um, this is totally my new R&B jam! Word from one of my readers J.D. is that this is a brand new joint from Brandy that she's using as a buzz track for her upcoming album, and if the purpose was to get people buzzed then mission accomplished. This is straight fire, it's a total classic straight up radio R&B jam of the best kind. Together Ne-Yo and Brandy sound like a match made in urban music heaven, and they both do a fantastic job of expressing the emotion of the song through their vocals, which they always do anyways so it's not much of a surprise. You can definitely hear that Brandy is going for that safer, more commercial sound with this new album, and if it all sounds as good as this then I'm not mad.
    Posted by The Prophet at 10:21 PM

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-05-09, 16:08

No leak... just a mixtape...

And dereon your right, I hope Neyo stays off the album vocal wise lol. I like this song, but ONLY because of the lyrics and Brandy's tone which is EXTRAORDINARY!!

I'm glad she is working with people who are relevant in the industry today. Is it just me or does it seem like producers and writers LOVE to get Brandy alone in a studio. Neyo's good but I've NEVER heard his lyrics with that kind of emotion, and the way they layered her voice was great.

Im hoping for about 2 to 3 songs each with like 5 people.

And Timbo needs his own album with her again!!!! Afrodisiac has been my breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the past 2 weeks!!