• A new studio album

22 78.57%
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon June 29th, 2009, 09:37

More material leaking... Brandy and Ne-Yo... Too Little Too Late!
    Link here!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Tue June 30th, 2009, 22:05

Quote Originally Posted by preyan
    More material leaking... Brandy and Ne-Yo... Too Little Too Late!
    Link here!
    Apparently this song is dedicated to Rihanna... Dunno know how much truth is in this tho, jus thought it was an interesting bit of news!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue June 30th, 2009, 22:06

I really hope that she and kelly will record a duet.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Tue June 30th, 2009, 22:10

That would be really great @dereon! For both of them!!

Legend
    So when I see you, say "Hey, hey, hey daddy"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue June 30th, 2009, 22:20

In addition to Kelly, I would love to see her working with Kanye again ;) Maybe they could all do a song together
    Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu July 2nd, 2009, 15:31

Anybody got sum news on the title or date.

And which version do prefer

TLTL-solo

TLTL w/ Ne-YO

Does anybody know if it is actually dedicated to Rihanna... and another question: (doesnt fit to the topic though)

Brandy is credited as background singer on MJ's Invincable on the song "Unbreakable"... but I honestly can't hear her. Can you?
    Who are the most favorite hip hop acts on UkMix?

Find out here!!!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat July 4th, 2009, 23:44

Hottt... Brandy announced her Brand New Single via MySpace. The Babyface-produced track featuring Brandy's ghetto alter ego Brandee aka B-Rocka is called "It's My Party" and it is OFF THA CHAIN... also she sang Michael Jackson's (1958-2009, r.i.p.) "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'". I love the new videos she released she looks so sassy.

http://www.myspace.com/foreverbrandy

Find out here!!!

by » Sun July 5th, 2009, 02:08

OMG when I thought of Brandy's last album my mind stopped for a second, all I could think of was Afrodisiac, and all seriousness I'm trying my hardest to remember the title to the one that came out last year

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon July 6th, 2009, 11:34

Quote Originally Posted by pleasurenpain
    Hottt... Brandy announced her Brand New Single via MySpace. The Babyface-produced track featuring Brandy's ghetto alter ego Brandee aka B-Rocka is called "It's My Party" and it is OFF THA CHAIN... also she sang Michael Jackson's (1958-2009, r.i.p.) "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'". I love the new videos she released she looks so sassy.

http://www.myspace.com/foreverbrandy
    1. Thanks!
    2. I don't think its an "official single"
    3. I am glad she is following up fast with Human. She needs to keep her name out there until she gets the right formula ala Rihanna.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue July 7th, 2009, 05:10

Her rap was cute. I'm loving too little too late right now. I'm glad she's not wanting long to come back and I can't wait for her follow up.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue July 7th, 2009, 05:52

another alter-ego girl, i wonder who'll be the else....?

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Tue July 7th, 2009, 08:31

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka
    wow its quiet in here... wheres zuzu?
    Pissed off that he did not start the topic
    Theres just lots of leaked duets with Brandy lately... I think she'll make an announcement soon about an album later this year... well I hope

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Tue July 7th, 2009, 08:31

So far, we've had leaks with Brandy and:

Neyo
    Mario
    Ginuwine

Right?

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue July 7th, 2009, 22:40

1. Thanks!
    2. I don't think its an "official single"
    3. I am glad she is following up fast with Human. She needs to keep her name out there until she gets the right formula ala Rihanna.
    What did you actually thank me for?... the info, well if so then: "my pleasure"

The Mario song contains very little Brandy... so it doesn't count. It is a Mario-song; nothing for the new album. With the song "It's My Party" I'm wonderin' if it is not a lil bit old becuz people new already many months ago bout this song.

wow its quiet in here... wheres zuzu?
    I thought exactly the same lol

Find out here!!!

by » Wed July 8th, 2009, 01:24

im wishing her a lot of success human was a great album i lovd it but since zuzu didnt start why act like tht i mean i am the biggest brandy fan too even if i didnt meet her
    http://www.monicasource.com the official home for all Monica Fans

by » Thu July 9th, 2009, 20:00

Maybe already posted?????

Brandy Norwood: Singer Dropped By Label & Parts With Management

Posted by Jawn Murray on Jul 9th 2009 1:23PM
    Filed under: Exclusives, Gossip, Music

R&B singer Brandy Norwood is in search of a new record deal. BV Buzz has learned exclusively that the 30-year-old singer was just dropped by her label Epic Records because of the lackluster sales of from her comeback CD, 'Human.' Released on Dec. 8, 2008, the CD has only sold 196,509 units to date according to SoundScan. "Her friend Brandon Creed that works as an A&R representative at Epic Records has been making calls to see if other labels would be interested in signing her," a record company source told me.

In addition, Brandy has also parted ways with her management. The former 'Moesha' star had been represented in recent months by Jay-Z's Roc Nation Management. The McComb, Miss.-bred singer's relationship with Roc Nation supposedly dissolved because of "creative differences."
    Black Music Notes Nov. 20

A rep for Roc Nation did confirm the split to BV Buzz. "Roc Nation no longer reps Brandy," the publicist Jana Fleishman said in an e-mail yesterday. A source tells me that Brandy's business relationship with Roc Nation "is what kept Epic Records from dropping her months ago." Since the singer is no longer repped by the firm, the label "didn't see the benefit in giving her another album."

"She was signed to Epic when Charlie Walk was president of the label. Now that Amanda Ghost is president, she is the one who decided to let Brandy go," the source explained. Coincidentally, Roc Nation had also represented Ghost, who in addition to being president of Epic Records is a Grammy-nominated songwriter who has written for Beyoncé, Jordin Sparks and Shakira.

Brandy's last CD 'Human' was her first release in more than four years and her debut album for Epic Records. Prior to signing with Epic, the singer had recorded exclusively for Atlantic Records, where she released four CDs before parting ways with that label in 2005.

BV Buzz's call to Ghost's office was forwarded to Elisa Goldman in the publicity department. That call has gone unreturned. A message was left for Creed as well, though he has yet to respond. An email sent to Brandy's mother/on-again, off-again manager Sonja Bates Norwood has gone unanswered as well. [quote]

http://www.bvbuzz.com/2009/07/09/bra...th-management

by » Thu July 9th, 2009, 20:14

Wow....that's really terrible...man..these good artist are leaving

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Thu July 9th, 2009, 20:28

4everBrandy#notagoodlook when so called journalist spread false rumors without the facts Don't believe everything you read or see!
    8 minutes ago from web

don't know if thats about the label situation

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Thu July 9th, 2009, 21:42

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynae
    4everBrandy#notagoodlook when so called journalist spread false rumors without the facts Don't believe everything you read or see!
    8 minutes ago from web

don't know if thats about the label situation
    Yea, I also thought that was vague. If I read in between the lines, sounds like she was dropped but she has her version of being dropped.

Its so sad if she is indeed dropped. Things are just not going well for her now

by » Fri July 10th, 2009, 06:27

Wow haven't been in here for awhile...... but I dont think she has a single on the way so I think the title of the thread can be changed back.

I honestly don't think she was dropped. I think they were in talks of parting and someone opened their mouth and spread rumors. They do these artists so wrong these days lol. Same thing when Kelly wanted to leave.... all of a sudden she was dropped because of album sales from 3 years ago! Its sad how much bull ppl buy into. But the truth will come out in time.....

I think things are going great for Brandy!!! She's more free than she's been in awhile. like she said.... time to have fun!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri July 10th, 2009, 17:12

Dammmmn I can't believe it :( :( ; is it really true? The low sales are only the fault of Epic. Brandy is a BIG name and was gne for 4 years. Any other label would have made her have a 350k-debut-week... I hope something like "Jive", "Arista" or "J"... or maybe Akons Konvict or Timbaland's Mosley Music Group

Anyways I hope her new album is gonna come out this year and that it will feature a hot line about MJ and some good collabos, produced Bryan Michael Cox or The-Dream :-?

Find out here!!!