Page 3 of 239 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey - Obsessed

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 13:53

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledjack
    It sounds hot! A nice change from the tired production of the ballads on her last album (apart from FTR).
    Ummm her last album was INCREDIBLE and I can't hear that the production sounds better than the E=MC2 tracks. If you don't like them then you probably won't like this one cause it's a slowjam like the E=mc2 tracks.

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 13:53

Quote Originally Posted by BanZai
    'Promise'? No way!

It sounds like 'Bliss' From the 'Rainbow' album.
    very true! it's hard to say for sure from such a fuzzy clip, but it definitely sounds like she's using her higher register a lot

...so far, I'm likin' it! now I've got high hopes for when this leaks in full

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 13:58

The song sounds hot! True R&B!! Cant wait for a full leak!
    Representing the real truth in music....

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 14:38

Oooh... it sounds good!
    Only a short/fuzzy clip though. Can't wait to hear more.

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 15:06

Quote Originally Posted by Jark
    Oh my god at the snippet; a proper big ballad for lead single? Hmmm.
    I haven't seen a scrap of confirmation that it is the first single, just a track LA Reid played at some IDJ event. Remember Migrate was the first track played from E=MC2 on NYE 2008. We should all stop getting ahead of ourselves!

It is exciting though!! It doesn't sound like a single, but it's really nice to hear her doing a ballad that's not the old Bryan Michael Cox/Jermaine Dupri formula. It does all seem to be happening really suddenly though! Maybe it's a nice thing that there won't be as much hype and pressure this time round as E=MC2 didn't do as well, the focus can just be on releasing good music rather than having to follow up mammoth sales.

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:00

OMG!

This sounds so hot! Can't wait for the whole track.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:01

I can't believe there is a new single already!

Everything is happening so quick - confirmation, leaking, release dates etc.!
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7BLNvi5UI

30seconds snippet for H-A-T-E U!!!! Her whistle is NICE AND POWERFUL and it sound like a ballad to me!!! Its nice

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:06

By the speed of everything happening, I reckon the full track will leak by tonight!
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:08

Quote Originally Posted by dereon
    It sounds hot! A nice change from the tired production of the ballads on her last album (apart from FTR).
    Ummm her last album was INCREDIBLE and I can't hear that the production sounds better than the E=MC2 tracks. If you don't like them then you probably won't like this one cause it's a slowjam like the E=mc2 tracks.
    Ermmm Mariah is my favorite artist, so you don't need to tell me that her last album was incredible, I already know that. I don't know why you're acting offended, I didn't even say I disliked anything. Simply majority of the ballads on that album did have production inspired by WBT, etc. That isn't just my opinion, its what multiple reviewers and posters on this board have pointed out.

Also, I already said I thought it sounded hot so I don't know why you said I wouldn't like this. Try not to be so patronising in yours posts. And For The Record, I actually do like most of the ballads on E=MC2, but I just think the production could have been a bit more original.

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:17

O.M.G !! Im definately in love with this snippet !!! it sounds GREAT !!! woow

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:24

i can see the songs appeal this is goin fast now
    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 16:28

The song is so cute...at first Hate U didnt suit MOAIA but the song itself fits very well

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 17:02

I need to hear this in FULL HQ before I judge.

But I'm interested in the beat and love the whistle notes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 17:05

The leak sounds interesting! Bit too early for me to make a full judgement on though!

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 21:58

I think that this is going to be locked 'cause it's just a song, not a single

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 22:00

Quote Originally Posted by col89
    I can't believe there is a new single already!

Everything is happening so quick - confirmation, leaking, release dates etc.!
    yes, hope her management knows what to do to project right sales, No.1 on Hot 100 and better sales, personally i guess fall release would be better

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 22:05

Quote Originally Posted by dereon
    Ermmm Mariah is my favorite artist, so you don't need to tell me that her last album was incredible, I already know that. I don't know why you're acting offended, I didn't even say I disliked anything. Simply majority of the ballads on that album did have production inspired by WBT, etc. That isn't just my opinion, its what multiple reviewers and posters on this board have pointed out.

Also, I already said I thought it sounded hot so I don't know why you said I wouldn't like this. Try not to be so patronising in yours posts. And For The Record, I actually do like most of the ballads on E=MC2, but I just think the production could have been a bit more original.
    I'm not offensive at all just saying that this could've been easily on E=MC2! Your actually the one that is acting like she changed her style and that it sounds different and that's IMO totally not the case.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 22:13

We really can't say things like 'it couldve been on her last album' OR 'its so different from her recent ballads' with any certainty yet. That LQ clip isn't enough to guage whether there's a big hook or how good the production is...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 21st, 2009, 22:18

Thanks Blizzy!
    I like it judging from the clip!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)