User Tag List

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1509

Thread: Travelling

  1. #1451
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,268
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-09-18, 03:02

    Turkey was beautiful. The people were so sweet, and Cappadocia was life.

    I just got my Visa online, and I am ready for Australia now. Hopefully next month.
    Diva!!!

  2. #1452
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,593
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-09-18, 03:15

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerz
    By December 28 to 30, 2018, before New Years' Day, I'll be at Club Balai Isabel Resort in Talisay, Batangas as well as in Talisay as well. There's a perfect view to Taal Volcano.
    I've been to Taal when I visited Philippines 2017. Really enjoyed crossing the lake by boat and then hiking to the vulcano summit

  3. #1453
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    13,679
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-09-18, 11:40

    I just came back from a week in Andalusia (southern Spain)... although I totally skipped the seaside cities, it was totally fantastic, I recommend it

  4. #1454
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    13,928
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-09-18, 08:33

    Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  5. #1455
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,435
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-09-18, 20:29

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America
    South America is stunningly beautiful.

    I lived on Curaçao and went on holiday to Venezuela several times (years ago).
    Going to see more there is on my wishlist.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

  6. #1456
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,268
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-09-18, 20:50

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America
    Baby when you gone take me somewhere?
    Diva!!!

  7. #1457
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    13,928
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 14:30

    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America
    South America is stunningly beautiful.

    I lived on Curaçao and went on holiday to Venezuela several times (years ago).
    Going to see more there is on my wishlist.
    Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you?
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  8. #1458
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 14:59

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America
    South America is stunningly beautiful.

    I lived on Curaçao and went on holiday to Venezuela several times (years ago).
    Going to see more there is on my wishlist.
    Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you?
    Curaçao is absolutely amazing as a tourist destination! It had one of the most picturesque beach I have ever seen when it comes to the Americas!

    Willelmstad is also nice for a few hours. It's funny to see that typically Dutch architecture in such surroundings. It's also very colourful and makes it extra special.

    I think I preferred it to Aruba.

  9. #1459
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,157
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 15:46

    Didn't one of the islands get completly destroyed by the last huricane?
    be kind to every kind

  10. #1460
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 17:42

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Didn't one of the islands get completly destroyed by the last huricane?
    I think you are talking about Barbuda.

    Which is not part of the former Dutch Antilles such as Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.

  11. #1461
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2009
    Location
    Estados Unidos Mexicanos
    Posts
    5,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 17:57

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America
    They love KFC there! Be sure to go to the Galapagos and Cuenca.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

  12. #1462
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2009
    Location
    Estados Unidos Mexicanos
    Posts
    5,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 17:59

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you?
    Curaçao is just one of those islands. It doesn't stand out. But beach resorts are everywhere anyway, and if you want to see great marine life, Mexico has everything, that's why many people do island hopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

  13. #1463
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2009
    Location
    Estados Unidos Mexicanos
    Posts
    5,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 18:09

    I like travelling alone. That way you don't have to wait for someone else to get things confirmed and booked.

    I have been to -

    Asia: Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, India, Israel, Palestine, Turkey, (Cyprus,) Jordan, Thailand

    Europe: England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Vatican, Serbia, Latvia, Russia, Greece, (Turkey,) Austria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic

    Africa: Egypt

    North America: The United States, Mexico, Canada, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize, Cuba, Curaçao, Panama

    South America: Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador(, Panama)

    Oceania: Australia(, Chile)

    This past summer I went to Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Hong Kong, North Korea, Mexico, China, The United States, Canada, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Myanmar. In the autumn, I'm going to Oaxaca, Mexico (the second time) for the Day of the Dead celebrations, and then this Christmas I'm trying to book a tour to Chilean Patagonia and Antartica.

    In the future, I'm thinking of going to Indonesia, The Phillippines, Iran, Mongolia, Denmark, Iceland, South Africa, Kenya, Morrocco, Napel, Hungary, and that Oceanic islands nation that has stood firm against China. But nothing has been planned yet. I'm considering travelling somewhere in the beginning of next year after Antartica, but also feeling like I'll already have spent so much money so perhaps should just somewhere within Mexico. Or maybe I'll go to the Yellowstone national park. Not sure yet.

    ---

    My favourite archaeological sites have been:
    Angkor Wat, Cambodia
    Stonehenge, England
    Palenque, Mexico
    The Taj Mahal, India

    And that is after visiting all 7 new world wonders and the only surviving ancient world wonder.

    But my favourite country to visit overall is Italy, with Rome being the top of my list, and Venice and Verona occupying the second and third places. Other favourites include Russia, Mexico, Argentina, and Cambodia.

    My least favourite places to visit were Uruguay, Egypt, Israel, and the United States (other than Washington D.C.). I also had a bad experience in Guatemala.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

  14. #1464
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    13,928
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 18:14

    ^that’s amazing! Travel goals


    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you?
    Curaçao is just one of those islands. It doesn't stand out. But beach resorts are everywhere anyway, and if you want to see great marine life, Mexico has everything, that's why many people do island hopping.
    Cool, may I ask where in Mexico u r? I have family in Monterrey and Mexico City. I was actually in Monterrey a few weeks ago. But I def want to go to some of the beaches!
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  15. #1465
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2009
    Location
    Estados Unidos Mexicanos
    Posts
    5,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 18:32

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Cool, may I ask where in Mexico u r? I have family in Monterrey and Mexico City. I was actually in Monterrey a few weeks ago. But I def want to go to some of the beaches!
    I'm in a city in the State of Mexico that is within the Mexico City metropolitan area. I have never been to Monterry. The Mexicans I asked told me it's nothing special.

    Even though I have travelled all over Mexico, I haven't been to that many beaches, so can't say I'm an expert on it. I've only been to the beaches in the states of Veracruz, Quintana Roo, Campeche, and Tobasco. The beaches of Cancun's and Isla Mujeres's definitely rival those of Thailand's and Malaysia's. And if you look it up, they have the best diversity of marine life you can find in the region, including whale sharks, blue sharks, and sailfish. You can see great white sharks in the west, but you'd have to go all the way to the remote Guadalupe Island for them.

    Tulum has also the added advantage of having the great Maya ruins right next to the beach, not to mention the sites in Yucatan and the sinkholes (partial evidence of the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs) are all very close.

    My favourite places in Mexico are Campeche City, Palenque ruins, Puebla City, San Luis Potosi City, Veracruz City, Guadalajara, Guanajuato City, San Cristobal de las Casas, Amecameca, Tlaxcala City. There are many unique sites also such as Casas Grandes in Chihuahua and the circular pyramids in Jalisco (near Tequila), not to mention the murals in the state of Tlaxcala and colossal heads (now) in Villahermosa.

    On a side note, "HRH" stands for "His/Her Royal Highness" and is the style for a non-sovereign prince or princess. (A sovereign prince would be a "Serene Highness" like HSH The Prince of Monaco.) A king would have the style "Majesty". Kings before Charles, the Holy Roman Emperor in the 1500s, were styled as highnesses but "royal highness" was a much later style.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

  16. #1466
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,435
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 18:47

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Didn't one of the islands get completly destroyed by the last huricane?
    I think you are talking about Barbuda.

    Which is not part of the former Dutch Antilles such as Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.
    The Dutch Antilles has three more islands: St Maarten, St Eustatius and Saba.
    Sint Maarten was hit by a huricane.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

  17. #1467
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,435
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 18:50

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Going to Quito, Ecuador today! My first time in South America
    South America is stunningly beautiful.

    I lived on Curaçao and went on holiday to Venezuela several times (years ago).
    Going to see more there is on my wishlist.
    Do you think Curaçao is worth visiting as a tourist? I mean I’m sure it’s nice but compared to other islands on the Caribbean, how does it rank vacation wise to you?
    Curaçao is absolutely amazing as a tourist destination! It had one of the most picturesque beach I have ever seen when it comes to the Americas!

    Willelmstad is also nice for a few hours. It's funny to see that typically Dutch architecture in such surroundings. It's also very colourful and makes it extra special.

    I think I preferred it to Aruba.
    That's really nice to hear. I love Curaçao because I lived there, but I although I can't compare first hand, I always thought other islands to be more beautiful. Curaçao does have a beautiful city and lots of small beaches. We used to drive to a beach and when there were more then ten people, we'd drive to the next beach. One of the beaches has lots of fisher boats, where they throw some dead fish back in the sea, which attracks a lot of sea turtles. I loved to go swimming there and be surrounded by at least a dozen big sea turtles.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

  18. #1468
    Manager
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2008
    Location
    Germany, Hannover
    Posts
    4,471
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 19:21

    Just had a bizznes trio to Istanbul

    Last week.

    Very aggresse people at the airport while flying back.
    I felt like beeing part of this film Not without my daughter. Lol



    In the city people were amazing and kind
    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

  19. #1469
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2009
    Location
    Estados Unidos Mexicanos
    Posts
    5,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 21:03

    Quote Originally Posted by jochen
    Just had a bizznes trio to Istanbul

    Last week.

    Very aggresse people at the airport while flying back.
    I felt like beeing part of this film Not without my daughter. Lol



    In the city people were amazing and kind
    Istanbul is nice indeed. It's the most developed city in the Muslim world I have visited I believe. And not a completely new city, but one with so many impressive historical buildings.

    Near the Blue Mosque some Turks chatted up to me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

  20. #1470
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,157
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 23:29

    Wow, you went to Serbia over neighboring countries, not very common. Where and what was your experience if I may ask?
    be kind to every kind

  21. #1471
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    13,928
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 23:44

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Wow, you went to Serbia over neighboring countries, not very common. Where and what was your experience if I may ask?
    I wanna go to Serbia sometime, do you have any recommendations for towns/cities besides Belgrade?
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  22. #1472
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2009
    Location
    Estados Unidos Mexicanos
    Posts
    5,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-18, 23:47

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Wow, you went to Serbia over neighboring countries, not very common. Where and what was your experience if I may ask?
    Belgrade. Well, it's a transport hub. It was quite uneventful, and perhaps it was too packed, I literally don't remember anything at all. But if I don't remember anything, it couldn't have been too bad.

    I have considered going to the nearby countries, but I'm not terribly interested in going to the beach and there are just so many other places to go to. I had only a month, so I chose to spend it mostly in Russia and Greece.

    Next time in Europe, (I'll probably go back to Oxford for something and maybe go to the Jurrasic Coast,) I'll likely go to Hungary, Spain, Germany properly, Denmark, or Portugal over the Balkans.

    After Antartica, Africa is the continent I'm really setting my sight on, though. At the very least, I'll want to go to Morroco and go to any other country to see the wildlife.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

  23. #1473
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Mar 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    61,789
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  24. #1474

    Join Date
    16 Nov 2018
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-11-18, 10:56

    Hello,

    I'm waiting for my California adventure trip which will be in next week. I want to go to more adventure places for activity because travelling doesn't mean just see beautiful places but doing some activity for freshness & for experience so that you enjoy actually.
    Hope you all agree with my words.
    Thanks in Advance...

  25. #1475
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,992
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-12-18, 11:23

    PORTO in February! Will be my first time travelling all alone. Excited!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •