User Tag List

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,201 to 1,211 of 1211

Thread: University & College

  1. #1201
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18,713
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-11-18, 03:13

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Ikr, mental health care is so funny and pointless.
    Cruel. I guess ‘be kind to every kind’ does not include fellow humans.

  2. #1202
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,627
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-11-18, 08:23

    Mental illness is not funny but this seems to only encourage it imo, can hardly be a good way to prepare people for the real world, I’m sure you’ll spin a perfectly valid point again though.

  3. #1203
    aRat's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    06 Feb 2018
    Location
    Janet's neck
    Posts
    4,366
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-11-18, 13:04

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    Mental illness is not funny but this seems to only encourage it imo, can hardly be a good way to prepare people for the real world, I’m sure you’ll spin a perfectly valid point again though.
    I agree tbh, someone who has social anxiety for example shouldn't have "safe spaces" where they can hide and be alone. That seems like exactly the opposite of what you should do to get rid of the problem.

    Also even if they have safe spaces at Uni, once they graduate they will have to search for jobs and job interviews are ruthless if you aren't prepared. At the job itself most of the time (especially at the beginning) you need to work with others and they will sort you out very quickly if you can't cooperate and always isolate yourself.

    The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
    Stanning talent is my curse: Rihanna - Dua Lipa - Madonna #No Dusty Divas Allowed
    Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    Mariah is obese, ugly, a flop, old, washed-up, talentless and evil...

  4. #1204

  5. #1205
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,194
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-11-18, 13:41

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Ikr, mental health care is so funny and pointless.
    Cruel. I guess ‘be kind to every kind’ does not include fellow humans.
    Sorry it wasn't that obvious, but it was a joke cuz I felt someone was mocking the mental health issues and went the sarcastic route.
    be kind to every kind

  6. #1206
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,193
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-11-18, 14:29

    Quote Originally Posted by aRat
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    Mental illness is not funny but this seems to only encourage it imo, can hardly be a good way to prepare people for the real world, I’m sure you’ll spin a perfectly valid point again though.
    I agree tbh, someone who has social anxiety for example shouldn't have "safe spaces" where they can hide and be alone. That seems like exactly the opposite of what you should do to get rid of the problem.

    Also even if they have safe spaces at Uni, once they graduate they will have to search for jobs and job interviews are ruthless if you aren't prepared. At the job itself most of the time (especially at the beginning) you need to work with others and they will sort you out very quickly if you can't cooperate and always isolate yourself.

    The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
    Member of the year
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  7. #1207
    DnBLover's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    21 Dec 2009
    Location
    PT-NO
    Posts
    14,744
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-11-18, 15:14

    Quote Originally Posted by aRat
    The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
    I agree with you on everything and especially this part.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

  8. #1208
    Carbon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jul 2013
    Location
    Zero Point
    Posts
    24,182
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-11-18, 10:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Ikr, mental health care is so funny and pointless.
    yes, it's all a hoax
    #youcontrolyourbrainnottheotherwayaround
    not true at all, but I hope you were playing along to Serby's joke

    mental health is really important, but I agree with aRat on this one

  9. #1209
    Loose's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Apr 2006
    Location
    Handmade Heaven
    Posts
    12,616
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 09-12-18, 11:46

    I‘m signing up again for a Bachelor‘s degree in Business Communication.
    I love the way we've worked so hard. Baby, you look at me, you're my Superstar | My last.fm

  10. #1210
    bluecherry's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    10 Jan 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    4,573
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-12-18, 23:50

    Guess who's been accepted to do their year studying abroad at VU in Amstedam?
    ? i bloom just for you ?


  11. #1211
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,194
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-12-18, 00:14

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecherry
    Guess who's been accepted to do their year studying abroad at VU in Amstedam?
    Omg who?

    Jk congrats sis!!!
    be kind to every kind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •