Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Rihanna :: Charts & Sales History

by » Sun August 2nd, 2009, 23:47

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop
    Sorry, I don't think it's all that. It took almost 2 years to sold that, 8 hit singles, re-releases, huge promo for every singles.
    that is not true. there was only 1 rerelease which was the reloaded release, and every single released did not have promo. for example, dont stop the music did extremely well without promo.

by » Sun August 2nd, 2009, 23:56

i doubt her next album will sell 7.5 she has the hype but will people be more interested in buying for single's more then her album.

hype doesnt always = success

Legend
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 03:54

Quote Originally Posted by UKMusicLova
    I think Rihanna will experience her biggest first week sales with her next album.
    I agree.
    You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, it’s not an option.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 04:08

Sorry, I don't think it's all that. It took almost 2 years to sold that, 8 hit singles, re-releases, huge promo for every singles.
    that is not true. there was only 1 rerelease which was the reloaded release, and every single released did not have promo. for example, dont stop the music did extremely well without promo.
    She "performed" "DSTM" on Grammy 08 (and Umbrella too). And also on more 3 or 4 tv shows. She "performed" every single, even "Rehab". She released different versions of GGGB. GGGB Standard, Deluxe Edition Bonus Remix CD, Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded and one with a DVD.
    Lights! Somebody gettin' fired...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 04:59

She "performed" "DSTM" on Grammy 08 (and Umbrella too). And also on more 3 or 4 tv shows. She "performed" every single, even "Rehab". She released different versions of GGGB. GGGB Standard, Deluxe Edition Bonus Remix CD, Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded and one with a DVD.
    Rahab was performed at AMA

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 05:46

There is no way she will do 500k first week even BEP and Beyonce did not reach 500k first week. I think between 200k and 300k-350k first week max. She's not an album seller, it took her so long to reach 7.5 mill. She won't be 2x plat in the U.S guaranteed.She was never big in the U.S anyways plus her behavior after the incident has probably lessen her fanbase (since it's mostly girls that buy her albums and most girls are siding with Chris) at least in the U.S she will do fine worldwide. There's no way that the new mateial will be as good as GGGB. Regardless of singles the most she will do with the new album is 4-5.5mill max. I dont care what no one says your personal life affects ur success!

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 05:50

This new album will make or break her career. If she does not bring it she is done. ( but she always finds a way to have good songs)

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 05:59

I'm still surprised that she couldnt cross the 3mill mark in the states. with 3 #1's and 7 singles this shows that for her to even cross the 2 mili mark in the states her whole album needs to be released as singles!

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 06:04

Are single artists put on the same level as album artist, im just curious to what u guys think, do u respect artist that sell more albums or singles?

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 09:30

Quote Originally Posted by Justdance
    Are single artists put on the same level as album artist, im just curious to what u guys think, do u respect artist that sell more albums or singles?
    depends really i mean she sells albums 2 , flo rida on the other hand i dont respect that much he cant sell albums at all
    yer a wizard Harry !

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 11:06

Quote Originally Posted by willvdk
    depends really i mean she sells albums 2 , flo rida on the other hand i dont respect that much he cant sell albums at all
    No single & album are different, single has less profit than album. and you can have 10 #1 for singles but only 1 #1 album to called a success.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 15:15

This new album will make or break her career. If she does not bring it she is done. ( but she always finds a way to have good songs)
    She'll bring it. Mark my words.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue August 4th, 2009, 01:44

I think Rihanna will bring it and be very successful. And she's no longer a single's artist. Let's keep that for those who really fit that profile (i.e. Flo Rida, Soulja Boy, Jesse McCartney, etc.) This album was a statement that I am here to stay. I am so tired of people saying it took ... time for the album to sell this or that. Time doesn't matter, it's the end result.

As Whitney said, "It's not how you start... it's how you finish." And I can say for myself as a Rihanna fan that I didn't buy her album until she "proved" herself to me. I bought it more than a year after the release and never bought any of the singles. I thought the album as a whole was great and it took people time to get to that point.

If we're honest with industry cycles, we can say that we live in the time of big first weeks and quick falls. There was a time, for my real chart freaks, where albums sold whatever they did over time, not with front loaded sales. That testifies to your impact - the fact that it wasn't a fanbase that propped up sales - but that you won people like me over. And furthermore, she didn't do HALF the promo as some of these people out here. Did she take advantage of award shows, etc... of course, who wouldn't? But was she just putting herself out there and everytime you turned you saw her being overexposed... NO!!! She simply chilled in my opinion.

I LOVE THIS GIRL!
    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

by » Tue August 4th, 2009, 02:06

Quote Originally Posted by danbarj
    I think Rihanna will bring it and be very successful. And she's no longer a single's artist. Let's keep that for those who really fit that profile (i.e. Flo Rida, Soulja Boy, Jesse McCartney, etc.) This album was a statement that I am here to stay. I am so tired of people saying it took ... time for the album to sell this or that. Time doesn't matter, it's the end result.

As Whitney said, "It's not how you start... it's how you finish." And I can say for myself as a Rihanna fan that I didn't buy her album until she "proved" herself to me. I bought it more than a year after the release and never bought any of the singles. I thought the album as a whole was great and it took people time to get to that point.

If we're honest with industry cycles, we can say that we live in the time of big first weeks and quick falls. There was a time, for my real chart freaks, where albums sold whatever they did over time, not with front loaded sales. That testifies to your impact - the fact that it wasn't a fanbase that propped up sales - but that you won people like me over. And furthermore, she didn't do HALF the promo as some of these people out here. Did she take advantage of award shows, etc... of course, who wouldn't? But was she just putting herself out there and everytime you turned you saw her being overexposed... NO!!! She simply chilled in my opinion.

I LOVE THIS GIRL!
    She definitly did a lot of promotion, which is brilliant i don't understand ppl who say some stars ar overexposed, well if u dont promote it how is it suppose to sell. I dont care if i was an artist i will promote my album till the last drop rerelease it as many times as needed. At the end ppl look at album sales not how much exposure u did to acheive that.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Tue August 4th, 2009, 02:07

Acts with more credibility tend to have more frontloaded sales. Rihanna is not taken seriously as a musician or vocalist, so her sales are mainly to ocasional buyers who decide to purchase her album after listening to songs over and over on the radio. Most of these people won´t rush to the stores and buy a new release from her, cause they aren´t consolidated fans, they will only buy after months and months of ongoing airplay.

This is the type of artist that tends to be forgotten.

by » Tue August 4th, 2009, 03:44

Quote Originally Posted by danbarj

I LOVE THIS GIRL!
    wow what world are you living in so your telling me she didnt do alot of promotion wow really she was every promoting the album constanlty nearly two yrs. iIf you ask me she rather lucky to get the promotion she gets. for me she still hasnt proved her self i dont care how digital sales she sold.

by » Tue August 4th, 2009, 05:40

Quote Originally Posted by cutiespie
    wow what world are you living in so your telling me she didnt do alot of promotion wow really she was every promoting the album constanlty nearly two yrs. iIf you ask me she rather lucky to get the promotion she gets. for me she still hasnt proved her self i dont care how digital sales she sold.
    I think every artist has promotion, to send to radio is a part of promotion, to get huge airplay or #1 is also a kind of promotion.

by » Tue August 4th, 2009, 12:10

I just love these Rihanna haters who keep saying "she'll be forgotten soon, she hasn't proven anything" since years

by » Wed August 5th, 2009, 01:53

Is it safe to say she has sold over 50 million records worldwide(albums/downloads)? She has sold over 25 million downloads in US alone thats impressive,she may be able to join the 100 million sales group.

by » Wed August 5th, 2009, 02:03

by boy rihanna sucks she canit really sing did you see her disturbia vma performace corny compare thta to beyonce ring the alarm vmas rihanna needs this ablum to be big our shes going to be out of the big names in the game she need about 6 more albums so she can work on the voice she sounds like she has a cold when she sings ooo yea ever one search a web site called RIHANNA SUCKS dont start dramming in the beyonce post because B fans bring it

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed August 5th, 2009, 02:06

What was the point of that post? :-?
    I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

by » Wed August 5th, 2009, 02:09

because rihanna sucks and i seen all the drama rihanna fans put in the beyonce post

by » Wed August 5th, 2009, 04:08

If she gets back with Chris I swear i'm going to limewire both their new albums. Getting back together will lose some support from both sides.

by » Wed August 5th, 2009, 04:09

Does she have 25 mil singles in the U.S or worldwide? I think i read something wrong if she sold 25 mill in the U.S alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Wed August 5th, 2009, 08:08

I think she has sold at least 20 million downloads in the US alone
    Super kid, you're a genius, flap your angel wings and disappear, cause heaven better save some tearsssssssss