Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown :: Charts & Sales History

by Tue July 28th, 2009, 12:07

Quote Originally Posted by Justdance
    I don't think this should be an example to how his new singles will perform, his songs will not get the publicity that he has now. But if he promotes the new songs properly there is a chance.
    I think he deserves to have publicity, as it's the way to be famous, he should do more promotion, like Oprah, Ellen, etc, in order to sing in front of millions viewers.

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by Tue July 28th, 2009, 12:12

lol @ me for updating the iTunes positions everyday

#7 New Zealand
    #9 US
    #12 Australia
    #22 Canada
    #24 Ireland
    #25 Portugal
    #26 Switzerland
    #39 Sweden
    #45 Germany
    #46 Denmark
    #48 UK
    #89 Netherlands
    #90 Belgium
    #107 Austria
    #201 Luxembourg

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue July 28th, 2009, 13:37

Quote Originally Posted by abi
    lol @ me for updating the iTunes positions everyday

#7 New Zealand
    #9 US
    #12 Australia
    #22 Canada
    #24 Ireland
    #25 Portugal
    #26 Switzerland
    #39 Sweden
    #45 Germany
    #46 Denmark
    #48 UK
    #89 Netherlands
    #90 Belgium
    #107 Austria
    #201 Luxembourg
    Pretty Impressive, I like the little itunes updates

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by Wed July 29th, 2009, 13:40

-- 21 BROWN*CHRIS FOREVER 49728 999 2731 2506086

Wooooooooo!

by Thu July 30th, 2009, 05:08

Do u guys think he will ever get like an era like Justin TImberlakes Sex Love, or Usher COnfessions? Is that even possible anymore (for album sales)? His talented to an extent, I like to watch him live but his vocals r a mess. Is the gum endorsment done, i know they said that they suspended his endorsment but i haven't heard anything since?

Off topic, why is him and Rihanna so close all the sudden, is he workin on anythin in NY?? i'm not sayin that he should make his life revolve around Rih but as long as she is around the incident will come up again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by Thu July 30th, 2009, 11:06

Do u guys think he will ever get like an era like Justin TImberlakes Sex Love, or Usher COnfessions? Is that even possible anymore (for album sales)? His talented to an extent, I like to watch him live but his vocals r a mess. Is the gum endorsment done, i know they said that they suspended his endorsment but i haven't heard anything since?
    I'm really not sure about it. Having a huge sales like FutureSexLoveSounds or Confessions is so hard these days. Nowadays, selling 4 millions for an album is brilliant IMO.

He's already huge in the US, Australia, Asia, NZ, UK & Ireland but if he keeps making dance songs like Forever, i'm pretty sure his new album will be more recognize throughout the Europe, the first two albums are too Urban for them. But i don't want him to leave his Urban side. I've enjoyed his R&B records so far.

Oh and yes, agreed with you sometimes he just sounds awful when he sings live, maybe because he tries to show his dance skills more than his vocal.

by Fri July 31st, 2009, 09:41

-- 21 BROWN*CHRIS FOREVER 49728 999 2731 2506086

Wooooooooo!
    It has 2.5 m already? Didn't notice that, but that's awesome, and it's still #21, hope it will have some longevity that it will reach 10 m finally.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri July 31st, 2009, 11:44

Off topic, why is him and Rihanna so close all the sudden, is he workin on anythin in NY?? i'm not sayin that he should make his life revolve around Rih but as long as she is around the incident will come up again.
    I would like to see him reach the highs of Justin Timberlake and Usher, his very talented like them and I think he has the potential to go far.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri July 31st, 2009, 12:11

I think he would have pre-Rihanna incident, post incident I don't believe so, unfortunately there will always be people who will forever use the image of the beaten RiRi as a reason to never buy his music again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Fri July 31st, 2009, 20:01

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCB

I would like to see him reach the highs of Justin Timberlake and Usher, his very talented like them and I think he has the potential to go far.
    He can not sing like Usher nor can he write and sing like Justin, let alone produce, so no he's not nearly as talented. He can dance... he puts on a good show, but that says nothing to his artistry. I actually wish to see more from Ne-Yo, who always seems poised for superstardum as an artist but REFUSES to promote himself much as an artist. You never see Ne-Yo do much. And if not Ne-Yo, Mario would be great. Chris IMO is very overrated!
    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

by Fri July 31st, 2009, 21:29

He might be a bit overrated but his personality attracts fans, he knows how to personable with ppl. But that artist of the year win at the AMA's was straight up bull.We can't say that his career is over or that he will be bigger than what he was, we have to wait, let the album come out see the result. Good luck!

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by Sun August 2nd, 2009, 09:43

Australia

Singles Chart
    28 (re) Forever

Digital Track Chart
    26 (re) Forever

Urban Album Chart
    18 (32) Exclusive

Urban Singles Chart
    9 (35) Forever

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sun August 2nd, 2009, 15:55

Quote Originally Posted by danbarj
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCB

He can not sing like Usher nor can he write and sing like Justin, let alone produce, so no he's not nearly as talented. He can dance... he puts on a good show, but that says nothing to his artistry. I actually wish to see more from Ne-Yo, who always seems poised for superstardum as an artist but REFUSES to promote himself much as an artist. You never see Ne-Yo do much. And if not Ne-Yo, Mario would be great. Chris IMO is very overrated!
    Great points and if Chris wasn't as handsome as he is, he'd be over by now.

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by Sun August 2nd, 2009, 16:01

^well maybe he's a bit overrated, and he doesn't sing really that good, even sometimes he just sounded awful

But the other hand i can say he's a really good songwriter. Rihanna won't have a number one single with Disturbia without him. And also Chris wrote Mary J Blige's latest hit "Stronger" - and it is such a great wonderful song IMO. Plus, he dances really well.

But yeah, that's your opinion. I respect that

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon August 3rd, 2009, 20:47

The word Overrated could be said about any other artist like Beyonce, I love Beyonce but I also think she's overrated not in a bad way, I also think Rihanna is very overrated and many others, whether I like them or not.

His young and has many years to improve, although I think his already really good at what he does at his age anyway

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Tue August 4th, 2009, 01:37

^well maybe he's a bit overrated, and he doesn't sing really that good, even sometimes he just sounded awful

But the other hand i can say he's a really good songwriter. Rihanna won't have a number one single with Disturbia without him. And also Chris wrote Mary J Blige's latest hit "Stronger" - and it is such a great wonderful song IMO. Plus, he dances really well.

But yeah, that's your opinion. I respect that
    I see what you're saying, but to be honest, I am a stickler for technicality. He doesn't write these songs on his own. He co-writes them. And, granted, Ne-Yo does to but to a different degree. He can compose, arrange and write the lyrics... I haven't seen Chris do that yet.
    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

by Tue August 4th, 2009, 05:55

UK
    64 (re) Forever
    That's great it re-enter now. I hope it will keep climbing next week, please!

by Wed August 5th, 2009, 04:04

I think his New abum will probably sell 1.5-1.7 mill in the US and 2.5 mill worldwide. First week sales will probably be 300-350k. That's just what i picutre n my mind!

by Wed August 5th, 2009, 09:34

I think his New abum will probably sell 1.5-1.7 mill in the US and 2.5 mill worldwide. First week sales will probably be 300-350k. That's just what i picutre n my mind!
    I guess he can sell 5 million in US with the right promotion, with longevity, just look at Taylor Swift she's not having huge weekly sales, but has longevity.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Wed August 5th, 2009, 12:41

Quote Originally Posted by nelson
    I guess he can sell 5 million in US with the right promotion, with longevity, just look at Taylor Swift she's not having huge weekly sales, but has longevity.
    I just love your sarcasm

by Wed August 5th, 2009, 13:14

Quote Originally Posted by nelson
    she had huge weekly sell... she had the highest first week by female artist in 2008, she reached 2mil within two months

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by Wed August 5th, 2009, 15:11

21 20 BROWN*CHRIS FOREVER 50975 3 49728 2557061