Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michael Jackson - Dangerous

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Sat November 26th, 2016, 20:23

Today is the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous' the album has sold over 32 million WW & produced four top 10 singles.
    It's a pity there was no reissue to celebrate the 25th anniversary.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

by » Sat November 26th, 2016, 20:53

So annoyed there isn't an official 25th anniversary reissue. :evil:

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by » Sat November 26th, 2016, 22:10

Yes I waited all the years for that cause Dangerous is my favourite :(
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

by » Sun November 27th, 2016, 00:05

Happy Anniversary, great album.
    Whitney Houston

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

by » Sun November 27th, 2016, 01:27

Shame Sony Legacy didn't bother to reissue Dangerous this year. They even reissued Off the Wall this year... on its 37th f*cking year!

Dangerous is not my favorite MJ album, but they did a pretty good job on Thriller and Bad's anniversary reissues so it doesn't hurt to have the same reissue for Dangerous.
    "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
    - Time

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Sun November 27th, 2016, 11:51

Quote Originally Posted by dhenapie
    Shame Sony Legacy didn't bother to reissue Dangerous this year. They even reissued Off the Wall this year... on its 37th f*cking year!

Dangerous is not my favorite MJ album, but they did a pretty good job on Thriller and Bad's anniversary reissues so it doesn't hurt to have the same reissue for Dangerous.
    Sony Legacy seems to be really messed up. OTW on the odd 37th year anniversary
    No Dangerous 25th year anniversary release? And they release Thriller and Bad on their 25th anniversaries? Seriously fcuking messed up label.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

by » Tue November 29th, 2016, 21:56

A part of me is hopeful that they have something planned and it's just coming late. The Thriller and Bad reissues weren't in fact released in the months coinciding with their original releases.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

by » Tue November 29th, 2016, 23:02

^ But both were released on their respective 25th anniversary-years (Thriller 25-2008 & Bad 25-2012). It's almost December and I can't see them releasing anything this year. And releasing it next year won't make any sense at all.
    "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
    - Time

by » Tue November 29th, 2016, 23:05

Wasn't Thriller released in December 1982? If we're going by years that would make it a 26th anniversary edition.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

by » Tue November 29th, 2016, 23:18

^ Oh snap! I didn't realize it was released in 82! So yeah I stand corrected.
    - Time

by » Tue November 29th, 2016, 23:28

There is still hope g0rls. Let's hold hands and pray.

Legend
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

by » Tue October 23rd, 2018, 06:08

King saved black culture/music when he gave rap his seal of approval on “Black or White” and globalized it like no other when the video premiered in front of an audience of 500 million people worldwide! We were at such a low point in the history of our culture in 1991 (think Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Skat Cat) that we desperately needed somebody with credibility to endorse and legitimize this art form.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread where WBT wasn't mentioned on Ukmix

by » Tue October 23rd, 2018, 18:58

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Still mad. Will stay mad.

by » Thu October 25th, 2018, 12:58

^Not every album needs an anniversary edition.

by » Thu October 25th, 2018, 17:50

Quote Originally Posted by Musicology
    This one did/does.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by » Fri October 26th, 2018, 21:27

This one did/does.
    I agree.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

by » Sat October 27th, 2018, 09:45

Still mad. Will stay mad.

I think they’re slowing down the release of MJ products though, which is good really. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a 30th anniversary release, Dangerous 30 or something similar. I’m still waiting for them to release HIStory Vol. 2 - you just know they want to

I’m just hope we get a whole bunch of unreleased songs from the sessions for this some day. The album is so good that I suspect he also had some really great songs waiting in the wings that he had ti decide between to include - you can’t make an album this strong without a larger pool of songs to pick from.
    M08T10

by » Sat October 27th, 2018, 23:11

This one did/does.
    I disagree. The albums that normally get anniversary editions are those albums that are iconic, that have had some impact on the music industry. I love the Dangerous album and think it's MJ's best, but it isn't an iconic album. Only the fans care about the album. When it comes to MJ, the public only really care about Thriller, Off The Wall & Bad, and these albums have got an anniversary edition. These three albums are iconic albums that had massive impact on the music industry and inspired many. Dangerous sadly didn't make much impact, so I can see why it hasn't gotten an anniversary edition and why it probably never will.

Manager
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

by » Wed October 31st, 2018, 14:09

This one did/does.
    I disagree. The albums that normally get anniversary editions are those albums that are iconic, that have had some impact on the music industry. I love the Dangerous album and think it's MJ's best, but it isn't an iconic album. Only the fans care about the album. When it comes to MJ, the public only really care about Thriller, Off The Wall & Bad, and these albums have got an anniversary edition. These three albums are iconic albums that had massive impact on the music industry and inspired many. Dangerous sadly didn't make much impact, so I can see why it hasn't gotten an anniversary edition and why it probably never will.
    Wait a minute. I agree that Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad are the holy trinity for the general public but Dangerous not iconic? We're talking about the album that has produced hits like Black or White, Heal the World, Remember the Time, Who Is It and Will You Be There! Those songs are still receiving so much airplay on radio stations and on TV and some of them belong to his signature songs and the album is one of the best-selling albums of all time so of course it is iconic and it definitely is/was impactful.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Justin Timberlake

by » Sat February 2nd, 2019, 16:17

This is easily his best album. I can understand why some don’t like it as much as the Quincy stuff, but this is MJ’s first actual album... his earlier stuff was just a bunch of songs (designed to be hits) thrown together and not a conscious body of work.
    M08T10

Legend
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 03:15

why is this in the 80's subforum? it was released in late 91