Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson - Dangerous

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sun July 5th, 2009, 10:35

Quote Originally Posted by carlos06
    Jackson's most magical and mysterious album. The album that musically made of him a living legend. "Dangerous" found Jackson at the height of his popularity, the height of his artistic experimentation, and the height of his creativity.
    Totally agree : after the Quincy Jones period (absolutely amazing) MJ had need of a new departure ! And, after to have create a part of a song of the 80', this album opens the sound of the 90' !

by Tue November 15th, 2011, 03:50

20 years ago today (11-14-1991) was the big world premiere event of "Black Or White" on Fox, MTV, VH1 and BET, where did the time go?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue November 15th, 2011, 06:55

Favorite songs: Give In To Me, In The Closet, Will You Be There, Black Or White, Remember The Time, Who Is It.

Regardless of who you are, new jack swing as a genre hasn't aged well. That said, pretty much all of the new jack swing on Dangerous is still very, very fresh.

Wish there was more rock on the album though...Give In To Me is my LIFE!!! That way, he would've sold more because Nirvana's grunge sound was hot back then...

In fact, had Michael ran with rock, grunge and other alternative rock music would've stayed popular even after Kurt Cobain's death.

Heal The World is soooooooooooooooooooooooo irritating to me. I love the song but that song is in the same league as Mariah Carey's Hero...I can listen to it once but if it comes on again, I'm changing the song/station faster than you can say "Weak."

Earth Song is the better song.
    I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
    --Katy Perry

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu November 17th, 2011, 05:32

Track 1 to 6 are WAY too long and not that great either.

From track 7 till the end the album is GOLD! I wouldn't change a thing and all songs are top notch! Probably the most interesting songs he ever did musically! And he never had so many great songs in a row in ANY album...ever!
    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri November 18th, 2011, 18:47

I love the hit singles but it's just hard for me to listen to this album from start to finish. It's the fact that the songs are tad long in running time ... but hey, that's my preference. Love the fact that he incorporates rap and modern R&B to some of the tunes. Also glad he addresses real world issues.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri November 18th, 2011, 18:53

Give Into Me and the title track are outstanding!!!

by Mon November 21st, 2011, 00:45

Love the album, but this was the start of his music losing that fun factor his earlier albums had. His production became too serious, intense, and it just wasn't as accessible. Some of it's over produced too, but never mind. This was his last 'real album', the last time he was truly untouchable.
    M08T10

by Mon November 21st, 2011, 13:20

Quote Originally Posted by menime123
    Love the album, but this was the start of his music losing that fun factor his earlier albums had. His production became too serious, intense, and it just wasn't as accessible. Some of it's over produced too, but never mind. This was his last 'real album', the last time he was truly untouchable.
    There's only one Queen
    and that's MADONNA.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue November 22nd, 2011, 17:09

I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I have all the singles from it on iTunes and I love them. For some reason I've always loved the cover to this album, it's really tacky but it looks extremely iconic to me.

by Wed November 23rd, 2011, 21:46

Quote Originally Posted by TheBiatches
    I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I have all the singles from it on iTunes and I love them. For some reason I've always loved the cover to this album, it's really tacky but it looks extremely iconic to me.
    That was one of those things about MJ that was great, he could do things that were self-indulgent and tacky for any other artist, but it worked when he did it. The Dangerous cover was awesome, as was HIStory.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri November 25th, 2011, 14:50

^ I ended up buying the album yesterday! I went to an Italian music store and found one of those packages where they put 2 albums by an artist together and there was one with Dangerous & Bad Special Editions for 13 so I knew I had to buy it. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, I will next week when I'm back home. I'm well excited about it though.

And yeah, the HIStory cover is pretty amazing too, that's another one of my favourites.

by Mon December 5th, 2011, 00:56

this album is on of the best albums i've ever heard. i wasn't even born during thriller, bad or dangerous eras, I was 1 when history came out and in peru (my native country) didn't talk about invincible. therefore, i don't have any "mj memories" that could somehow affect my decision. i don't know how famous or successful mj was during those times, i could only imagine but i know it's not the same... anyways first time listening to mj's songs was changing- life experience for me (musically). i only listened to spanish songs since i hated modern english music and still do,except for few songs. he made me explore enligsh music everything from nat kin cole,sam coke, marvin gaye to the beatles, queen, stevie wonder,etc.so. i remember writing "michael jackso" on youtube. the first thing it popped out "thriller". i completly loved the vid, not so much the song though. then i watched "billie jean" and that did it for me. fro that day explored all his solo discograohy, with a few exceptions albums (Destiny and triumph) . when i heard dangerous and i loved since the first time and became my fav for a loooong time. i love the infectious beats, wonderful melodies, mj's voice, the impacable production,etc. my fav mj albums are history,dangerous, bad ,thiller or off the wall, i couldn't choose between them. i just think each of them are different and unique.to me it's like choosing between oranges and grapes. they are both different & equally great to me
    in my opinion dangerous has weak songs (i can't let her away,she drives me wild, why you wanna a trip on me)they are not bad,but not as strong as the others. but i guess they fit on this album, since they all fall under new jack swing type of songs.
    fav tracks:
    remember the time,black or white,in the closet, will you be there, give in to me, heal the world,jam and who is it...
    still wonderful songs:
    dangeous,keep the faith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Thu December 8th, 2011, 02:49

Dangerous was the era when Michael's antics took over the music.
    Each single after Black or White did a little worse than the others.
    The media was still all over him but the public and raido was moving on.
    This was just in the US.
    I liked Dangerous and it included one of my Top 5 and 10 favorite MJ songs In The Closet and Remember The Time.
    I don't listen to it that much anymore and I don't remeber all the songs off the top of my head.
    Not as memorable as Thriller and Bad for me but I still Love it.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by Sat January 14th, 2012, 01:29

One of the best New Jack Swing albums!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 26th, 2012, 20:58

LET'S CELEBRATE THE 20 YEARS OF DANGEROUS!!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 26th, 2012, 23:25

All time classic album.

This was the first MJ era that I was really aware of, as I was too young for the others....and he was literally everywhere!

I have great memories of this album - 'Black or White' particularly brings back loads of memories. One of my favourite albums.
    Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue November 27th, 2012, 02:23

What i said a year ago about the album...and i still think the same:

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRodrigues
    Track 1 to 6 are WAY too long and not that great either.

From track 7 till the end the album is GOLD! I wouldn't change a thing and all songs are top notch! Probably the most interesting songs he ever did musically! And he never had so many great songs in a row in ANY album...ever!
    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

The Diva
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

by Tue November 27th, 2012, 02:41

Lots of interesting discussion in this thread.

For a while this was my favourite MJ album, but I really like 'Bad' and 'HIStory' too now.

I was only 4 when it came out, but I can still remember videos like 'Black or White', 'Remember The Time' and 'In The Closet' very clearly because they were on TV all the time - and they were so good! My mom played the hell out of 'Give In To Me' - she had it recorded on VHS so I have many memories of seeing that video/hearing that song.

My favourites are:
    In The Closet (probably MJ's sexiest ever song)
    Give In To Me (nostalgia but also it is so fierce and different from his usual)
    Heal The World (I used to find it cheesy as hell and it kinda still is, but after he died, the sincerity in his voice really shone through)

As for the sales, it's ludicrous this didn't sell more than 6 million in the US! It's probably way over that figure now, but from its actual era, just under 6M! Even Janet was a much bigger seller at this point. However, as I think Shane pointed out, it sold very well outside of the US, so much so to put it on equal sales as 'Bad'.

I would have loved to have lived through this era properly, including the bombshell of all the allegations. It must've been such a frenzy. Sure, I remember the 2003 allegations clearly and that whole drama, but MJ was already a recluse by then, not in the middle of a huge world tour and promoting a new album.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Wed March 20th, 2013, 16:43

My Fav MJ album.

The only song I can't bear to listen to is heal the world....

But Jam, why u wanna trip on me, in the closet, who is it (FANTASTIC underated song), dangerous, remember the time (my fav mj video) are all excellent.

The first MJ album I bought as an 8 year old back in 92...although I moved on into rnb and hip hop i still have a lot of love for this record.
    The Emancipation of Jack Daniels

Legend
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by Wed March 20th, 2013, 23:02

My fave from him at this present time as well.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

by Thu March 21st, 2013, 03:31

My favorite MJ album.

The video for In The Closet is so damn sexy, Heal The World never fails to make me cry or at least make me feel sad for all the bs that's going on in the world just like Earth Song :( , and Dangerous is on my top 10 favorites songs by MJ.
    MARIAH

Legend
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)

by Sun March 24th, 2013, 17:00

1. Jam:
    I thought this was really awful. When it was released as a single it sort of grew on me. Still not a favorite.

2. Why You Wanna Trip On Me:
    Awful.

3. In The Closet
    Grew on me as it was a single, but not a favorite of mine.

4. She Drives Me Wild
    Awful.

5. Remember The Time
    Really love this one. Also has some great dance remixes. And the video is absolutely incredible!

6. Can't Let Her Get Away
    Awful.

7. Heal The World
    Love this one!!!! So catchy and such a lush production. Just epic! Don't like the video though.

8. Black Or White
    Great video and great song.

9. Who Is It
    Great song. The whole production and arrangement is soooo MJ. Love it lots.

10. Give In To Me
    Dirty Diana is one of my all time favorite songs EVER! But this is just a weak copy.

11. Will You Be There
    One of my all time favorite MJ songs. Truly epic in every way!

12. Keep The Faith
    One of my favorite MJ album tracks ever! Love this one sooo much!

13. Gone Too Soon
    Bit boring.

14. Dangerous
    Not my kind of thing.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

by Tue June 24th, 2014, 23:42

I think this is my favourite Michael album, though Bad came really near the last years. I remember I saw Black or White and Remember The Time really often on TV. Heal The World was really present too. There are so many great songs on it, like In The Closet, Remember The Time, Who Is It...

I never really listen to Gone Too Soon though, and not that often to Black Or White
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

by Wed June 25th, 2014, 00:06

My favourite Michael album too. Favourites: In the Closet, Who Is It, Give In to Me, Dangerous. Keep the Faith, She Drives Me Wild and Can't Let Her Get Away are all really underrated! Since Earth Song was recorded during the Dangerous sessions, I think I'd rather it be on here instead of Heal the World, which is probably my least favourite song on the record. Gone Too Soon always makes me sad.

Legend
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by Thu July 10th, 2014, 20:16

This was the first cd i ever bought so it holds a special place in my heart. Will You Be There is an outstanding yet very underrated track.
    Cha Cha Instructor