Page 2 of 469 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson :: Charts & Sales History

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:25

Yes, why in hell is been reported that Thriller sold over 100 Million copies if it didnt sold half of that?

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:27

Quote Originally Posted by nonamesleft
    Can you confirm where these sales figures are actually from? I heard on the radio the other day them saying that total sales for Invincible to date are 10 million
    I also heard so

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

750m - fake
    Claims of over 65m for Thriller - Fake

Just forget them now, and allow MJ to enlighten you!

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PriorMusic
    where it is sold 750 million discs?

Come on, don't believe everything you read

He has not sold 750 million, nor has Thriller sold 100 million, nor the Beatles or Elvis sold a million or ABBA 350 million etc...

Jackson sold:

~205 million solo albums
    ~115 million solo singles
    ~45 million with J5 albums
    ~45 million with J5 singles
    ~15 million downloads
    ~15 million music videos

total of 440 million records, that's already massive enough!
    25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:31

Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous

He has not sold 750 million, nor has Thriller sold 100 million, nor the Beatles or Elvis sold a million or ABBA 350 million etc...

Jackson sold:

~205 million solo albums
    ~15 million downloads
    ~15 million music videos

115 millin solo singles?. I remember that you estimated his sales to be just over 9 million on the lead markets, so I doubt the rest could bring his tally to that amount you are citing (unless I'm missing something). Also 15 million downloads?.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:32

Even today, the Polish TV said that Thriller sold in more than 100 million copies sold and completely MJ over 750 million records. This is where such information to the media? After all, you can not lie as much as 300 million records!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:37

One of the world's best-known composers, conductors and arrangers, Jones has worked with such recording artists as Frank Sinatra, Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Charles and Michael Jackson, and such actor/producers as Bill Cosby and Oprah Winfrey. Jones has won 27 Grammy Awards and been nominated a record 79 times. He was honored with a Grammy "Legend" Award in 1991. Jones is perhaps best known as the producer of Michael Jackson's "Thriller," which sold 109 million copies and for being the force behind the creation of the 1985 hit record "We Are The World," which benefited victims of wide-spread famine in Ethiopia.
    http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent. ... 264&EDATE=

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:37

Quote Originally Posted by HUR

Jackson sold:

~205 million solo albums
    ~15 million downloads
    ~15 million music videos

115 millin solo singles?. I remember that you estimated his sales to be just over 9 million on the lead markets, so I doubt the rest could bring his tally to that amount you are citing (unless I'm missing something). Also 15 million downloads?.
    Where I let the study he was up to 90 million. Most of my Jackson figures were in the low side, and many countries were still missing, countries that appeared to be much bigger in the single area before as we may have think before, especialy thanks to Billboard magazines.

By February I calculated around 8-9 million singles as a whole for Jackson in the US, with sales since then, then sales this week added to sales elsewhere 15 million are safe! We should see more clear there as new as digital figures are posted (kinda frustrating they arrive so let this special week).

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:38

I estimated his total singles (physical & downloads) to be 115m! How did you get 130m in total?

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:38

Even today, the Polish TV said that Thriller sold in more than 100 million copies sold and completely MJ over 750 million records. This is where such information to the media? After all, you can not lie as much as 300 million records!

Most of them lye by as much as a billion many times for the Beatles and Elvis

As I said, don't believe everything you read, especialy about charts and sales.

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:40

Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne
    I estimated his total singles (physical & downloads) to be 115m! How did you get 130m in total?
    Ignore what I just wrote. We've got his downloads to factor in for the next week too!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:45

Jackson sold:

~205 million solo albums
    ~15 million downloads
    ~15 million music videos

Where I let the study he was up to 90 million. Most of my Jackson figures were in the low side, and many countries were still missing, countries that appeared to be much bigger in the single area before as we may have think before, especialy thanks to Billboard magazines.

By February I calculated around 8-9 million singles as a whole for Jackson in the US, with sales since then, then sales this week added to sales elsewhere 15 million are safe! We should see more clear there as new as digital figures are posted (kinda frustrating they arrive so let this special week).
    Thank you, this is very important for me because I'm trying to figure out how many singles may have been sold in as many different regions as Latin American, Eastern European countries, South Africa.

So basically, you know think that some tens of million singles may have been reached by some Western acts in such regions?. I guess that the recent found about Abba's "Chiquitita" being over 525,000 units in Argentina and other high figures reported by Billboard are your key claim for that, no?.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:50

Thank you, this is very important for me because I'm trying to figure out how many singles may have been sold in as many different regions as Latin American, Easter European countries, South Africa.

So basically, you know think that some tens of million singles may have been reached by some Western acts in such regions?. I guess that the recent found about Abba's "Chiquitital" being over 525,000 units in Argentina and other high figures reported by Billboard re your key claim for that, no?.
    Yes exactly, and others, like the Beatles in South America or even 'Ben' figure in Mexico which was huge while I was expecting that it wouldn't even have been released there, or I'll Be There, over half a million in Europe according to Billboard while I had it at last than this worldwide w/t the US.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:55

Thank you, this is very important for me because I'm trying to figure out how many singles may have been sold in as many different regions as Latin American, Easter European countries, South Africa.

So basically, you know think that some tens of million singles may have been reached by some Western acts in such regions?. I guess that the recent found about Abba's "Chiquitital" being over 525,000 units in Argentina and other high figures reported by Billboard re your key claim for that, no?.
    Yes exactly, and others, like the Beatles in South America or even 'Ben' figure in Mexico which was huge while I was expecting that it wouldn't even have been released there, or I'll Be There, over half a million in Europe according to Billboard while I had it at last than this worldwide w/t the US.
    Thank you, mate. That is great. Sorry now for the off-topic (not that I want to spam here), but what do you think about Queen?. I remember that you came up with roughly 50 million singles for them. That figure was achieved in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Do you think that the band may have sold 60 to 70 million singles worldwide, overall, assuming high sales for such regions?. Although I couldn't find myself any specific figure like the one for Abba, I did find many claims stating that Queen were "huge sellers" in as many different regions as Guatemala, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Israel, Chile, Poland and many more.

Sorry again. I will see if I can post any interesting information here.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 20:58

Thank you, mate. That is great. Soory now for the off-topic (not that I want to spam here), but what do you think about Queen?. I remember that you came up with roughly 50 million singles for them. That figure was achieved in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Do you think that the band may have sold 60 to 70 million singles worldwide, overall, assuming high sales for such regions. Although I couldn't find myself any specific figure like the one for Abba, I did find many claims stating that Queen were "huge sellers" in as many different regions as Guatemala, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Israel, Chile, Poland and many more.

Sorry again. I will see if I can post any interesting information here.
    With studied countries I was on 49,98 million for Queen. With remaining countries, I do not think they top 50 million, maybe 49,99 million.

.. Just kidding yes, I think they are probably close/a bit over 60 million worldwide.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 21:52

The 109 Million figure for 'Thriller' is on Wikipedia.
    The Global Media go there, to get 'Facts', about
    Sales, & so on. So, they now just repeat what
    Wikipedia says. Even though 109 Million is over 40
    Million too many. Just because the Media repeat
    rubbish, it does not make what they repeat true.....

Some say that 'Thriller' has sold 51 Million.
    I think that is too low.

It is - maybe - 61.5 Million. Add in about 2.5
    Million, for 'Thriller 25', & you get 64 Million.
    Which is a massive 45 Million less than the 109
    Million claimed - a Total with no connection to
    reality.....

Zeus555

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 22:17

Wikipedia lists Thriller in the 1st position of best selling albums, but in the range of 49-109 Millions, thats a huge gap

Here in Portugal, the press is been stating that Thriller sold well over 100 Million, like in the rest of Europe. I don't think its wikipedia fault

Superstar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 22:25

But, in the MJ Page on Wikipedia, 109 Million is
    clearly the Total that is given for 'Thriller'.

It says:,

'Thriller went on to sell upwards of 109 million copies'

Zeus555

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 22:35

Quote Originally Posted by zeus555
    But, in the MJ Page on Wikipedia, 109 Million is
    clearly the Total that is given for 'Thriller'.

It says:,

'Thriller went on to sell upwards of 109 million copies'

Zeus555
    You don't look Wikipedia, but the source of Wikipedia (the little number on the right of every affermation).

Superstar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 22:42

Believe me - The Media are far too lazy to
    follow Links from Wikipedia! I can guarantee that
    they will just look at 1 or 2 Wikipedia Pages, &
    copy 'Facts' from there. Then they shove the 'Facts;
    in their 'Papers, & other 'Papers copy those 'Facts'.
    Before you know it, the World is full of garbage!

Zeus555

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 23:12

MJD are u gonna do singles/downloads as well as album sales?

by » Wed July 1st, 2009, 23:50

no one will ever know the exact sales so whatever is mentioned will most likely be really overated e.g 109mil or underated like 40 mil , lol would like to believe its closer to 109mil
    yer a wizard Harry !

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu July 2nd, 2009, 00:26

I.B. BAD ON WHAT'S NEXT IN JACKSON SAGA
    Will Set to Name Katherine and Kids as Beneficiaries, Branca and McClain Co-Executors

July 1, 2009

From the moment the news of his death erupted across the Internet June 25, Michael Jackson became a mighty moneymaker once again. In the next three days, a half million physical and digital albums were sold, and Sony Music is racing to fulfill orders for 7 million albums, 3 million in the U.S. alone. He also sold a staggering 2.4 million individual tracks, debuting with 48 of the 200 top slots on the Digital Songs chart.

by » Thu July 2nd, 2009, 03:36

so thriller didn't really sell over 100 million worldwide?