User Tag List

Page 660 of 708 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662670 ... LastLast
Results 16,476 to 16,500 of 17676

Thread: Akini's Daily Top 20: #1 So I threw caution to the wind and started listening to my longing heart...

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-10-17, 18:25

Saturday's Top 20 (October 21st)

01.(01) Mariah Carey - The Star
    02.(NE) Chris Brown - Tempo (Highest Debut)
    03.(07) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (Greatest Gainer)
    04.(02) Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
    05.(09) J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente
    06.(03) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous (Biggest Free Faller)
    07.(RE) Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (Best Comeback)
    08.(RE) Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
    09.(RE) Sia - Cheap Thrills
    10.(RE) Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
    11.(RE) DJ Khaled - Wild Thoughts (feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller)
    12.(RE) Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
    13.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    14.(RE) Sia - Move Your Body
    15.(RE) Sia - Confetti
    16.(RE) Mariah Carey - Faded
    17.(RE) Girls Aloud - Untouchable
    18.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Turn It into Love
    19.(RE) Mariah Carey - Melt Away
    20.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Your Disco Needs You
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-10-17, 23:30

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    I love it! It makes the exploration of artists' discographies in their entirety so much easier! It also makes it relatively easy to keep up with the current hits thanks to their 'Today's Hits' section. I was sceptical at first - as I am with most changes in my routine - but I'm definitely embracing streaming as the future of music consumption. The only negative is how it's stagnated the charts to such a ridiculous extent, but that's a small price to pay.
    Many thanks for the (glowing) review! There's only two Spotify options, right? Free VS Paid/Premium? I gave the free version a very brief try, but quickly discovered that you can't actually select which songs you want to hear on their free mobile app, so it's more like Pandora (which I should've seeing coming, given it's the completely-free-option, but I thought that just meant I'd have to sit through ads between tracks more often.)

Ugh. I've almost certainly griped about this before, but I definitely hate the stagnation too, especially since it's sucked quite a bit of fun out of chart following...so I try to keep reminding myself that streaming puts the power in the hands of the people (more than radio ever did, and with there being 100% free options, it's available to a wider audience than paid downloads ever were), and this just might be how the average listener consumes music (playing the same handful of hits for months on end...)

I completely agree. One thing a recent training session reminded me about is the need to consider both quantitative and qualitative factors in assessing significance, and I don't think "We Found Love" stacks up to "Umbrella" in the qualitative department. When you consider the 10-week rainy weather during the song's reign in the UK prompting journalists to label that incident the 'Rihanna Curse,' the iconic video that won RiRi her first VMA and for Video of the Year no less, the parodies, the airplay, the pop culture references, and even the tussle behind the scenes for Rihanna to claim the song as hers when big names like Mary J. Blige and Britney Spears were offered the track, or in the running to get it, it's hard for those factors to not more-than-comfortably offset the marginal quantitative advantage "We Found Love" has. I always felt like "We Found Love" benefitted from Rihanna coming off what was quite possibly her most impressive hit-making era, whereas "Umbrella" completely shattered everything she had done before. It was a new level for her, and still her signature song after all these years and the multitude of other global hits she's had.
    Thank you for giving such a clear and confident voice to my subjective stammerings! Everything you've mentioned is SO valid, even if it's not as immediately apparent/clear-cut as WFL's impressive figures. Your last point in particular is really ringing in my mind right now: the fact that "Umbrella"s significance is still SO clear to us (and worth fighting for) even though WFL is the more recent of the two. As massive as WFL was, it by NO means made us forget or over-shadowed what "Umbrella" had achieved and the continued impact it had/has on her superstar career.

Projection or not, it's accurate.

I think "Perfect" just might be the best song Ed's ever done. People are quick to dismiss songs that express such unfiltered affection as trite and juvenile, but there's something that's so welcoming and reassuring about "Perfect". I guess we harden as we get older, and can't be bothered with hopeless (and blindly optimistic, overly sympathetic) depictions of romance. On the first listen, it was my favourite song on ÷, and I guess it's a reminder that that side of me you described - the one I like to call my 16-year-old self - is still very much alive.
    Phew!

This might be a little selfish of me, but I'm really glad to hear that I obviously want you to be whatever kind of person you want, but I'm personally really endeared by the fact that you can keep that part of yourself alive - recognize it, and even embrace it - while still being a high-functioning adult/not-at-all-16-anymore in so many ways (like the way you manage your career, your family, surviving natural disasters, etc.) Long story short: I like your sweeter side, I like that "Perfect" taps into him, and I like that you totally own that.

01.(01) Mariah Carey - The Star
    03.(07) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (Greatest Gainer)
    04.(02) Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
    05.(09) J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente
    06.(03) Taylor Swift - Gorgeous (Biggest Free Faller)
    07.(RE) Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (Best Comeback)
    09.(RE) Sia - Cheap Thrills
    10.(RE) Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
    12.(RE) Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
    13.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    14.(RE) Sia - Move Your Body
    16.(RE) Mariah Carey - Faded
    17.(RE) Girls Aloud - Untouchable
    18.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Turn It into Love
    19.(RE) Mariah Carey - Melt Away
    20.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Your Disco Needs You
    • Ah, so now both you and stevyy are out-lambing me! I recognize that it probably seems a tad moronic to complain about a Christmas song being too heavy with Christian themes/imagery...but Mariah's served up such irresistible, iconic Christmas bops before, and this time she just went ALL-in with the "God is always with you, The Lord is your guide" angle (which totally works for the movie, but not so much for me.) I could probably overlook even these uber-pious lyrics if the melody/hook did more for me (like Carrie's "Something In The Water"), but that piece just isn't there either this time. I'm glad it's doing something for you, though! I would love to love it too, but after a few plays, I just can't see that happening.
    • "Bedroom Floor", on the other hand, has COMPLETELY hooked me! Much like "Perfect", I'm especially glad to see you showing a track a lot of love when many others are so quick/eager to tear it to shreds. Sometimes popstars just want to make catchy, radio-ready pop, and I think this is a MIGHTY enjoyable example. I'm getting flashbacks to how "The Cure" was received. Any rate - time will tell if BF ultimately out-shines "Get Low" for me, but it's off to a stronger start so far!
    • Not trying to nitpick here, but genuinely curious: is the Beyoncé omission on "Mi Gente" intentional/are you preferring the original now?

Yet another shining chart, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-10-17, 03:06

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Many thanks for the (glowing) review! There's only two Spotify options, right? Free VS Paid/Premium? I gave the free version a very brief try, but quickly discovered that you can't actually select which songs you want to hear on their free mobile app, so it's more like Pandora (which I should've seeing coming, given it's the completely-free-option, but I thought that just meant I'd have to sit through ads between tracks more often.)
    Yeah, there's only the free and premium versions, and there's such a world of difference between the two. With the free version, I think you're allowed, like, five actual selections before you're reduced to settling for the shuffle option, and I just wasn't about that life.

Ugh. I've almost certainly griped about this before, but I definitely hate the stagnation too, especially since it's sucked quite a bit of fun out of chart following...so I try to keep reminding myself that streaming puts the power in the hands of the people (more than radio ever did, and with there being 100% free options, it's available to a wider audience than paid downloads ever were), and this just might be how the average listener consumes music (playing the same handful of hits for months on end...)
    Unfortunately, I think that does represent the average listener. Most casual music fans have a very small pool of artists whose work they actively look out for, and usually only listen to other acts through recommendations from family or friends.

Thank you for giving such a clear and confident voice to my subjective stammerings! Everything you've mentioned is SO valid, even if it's not as immediately apparent/clear-cut as WFL's impressive figures. Your last point in particular is really ringing in my mind right now: the fact that "Umbrella"s significance is still SO clear to us (and worth fighting for) even though WFL is the more recent of the two. As massive as WFL was, it by NO means made us forget or over-shadowed what "Umbrella" had achieved and the continued impact it had/has on her superstar career.
    And the crazy thing about Rihanna's impact is that, remove "Umbrella" and "We Found Love" from her catalogue, and you still have some of the most classic pop moments of the last quarter-century on her hitlist.

Phew!

This might be a little selfish of me, but I'm really glad to hear that I obviously want you to be whatever kind of person you want, but I'm personally really endeared by the fact that you can keep that part of yourself alive - recognize it, and even embrace it - while still being a high-functioning adult/not-at-all-16-anymore in so many ways (like the way you manage your career, your family, surviving natural disasters, etc.) Long story short: I like your sweeter side, I like that "Perfect" taps into him, and I like that you totally own that.
    So much aw-age in reading that.

I'm sincerely touched that you like that version of me so much. I remember having a conversation with a co-worker on how the job changed my personality type - according to the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator - from an INFJ to an INTP. I explained to her that my resting/default state will always be INFJ, but that I believed different phases of life force you to tap into other dimensions of your personality to survive the new environment. So it's nice to hear that you like my 'default' side so much. You know, someone else reassured that even if I were to become a miserable old man, he'd still love me, and I was like...this.

• Ah, so now both you and stevyy are out-lambing me! I recognize that it probably seems a tad moronic to complain about a Christmas song being too heavy with Christian themes/imagery...but Mariah's served up such irresistible, iconic Christmas bops before, and this time she just went ALL-in with the "God is always with you, The Lord is your guide" angle (which totally works for the movie, but not so much for me.) I could probably overlook even these uber-pious lyrics if the melody/hook did more for me (like Carrie's "Something In The Water"), but that piece just isn't there either this time. I'm glad it's doing something for you, though! I would love to love it too, but after a few plays, I just can't see that happening.
    Yeah, the song isn't that good to me either. It's been #1 the past two days more because of airplay than legitimate quality. I find I just love listening to Mimi's voice even if it's on a song that isn't spectacular.

• "Bedroom Floor", on the other hand, has COMPLETELY hooked me! Much like "Perfect", I'm especially glad to see you showing a track a lot of love when many others are so quick/eager to tear it to shreds. Sometimes popstars just want to make catchy, radio-ready pop, and I think this is a MIGHTY enjoyable example. I'm getting flashbacks to how "The Cure" was received. Any rate - time will tell if BF ultimately out-shines "Get Low" for me, but it's off to a stronger start so far!
    "Bedroom Floor" is pretty sexy, too, so it has that going for it. The chorus is quite an earworm.

• Not trying to nitpick here, but genuinely curious: is the Beyoncé omission on "Mi Gente" intentional/are you preferring the original now?
    I prefer the Beyoncé-featured remix generally, but I happened to play the original more yesterday.

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-10-17, 03:15

Sunday's Top 20 (October 22nd)

01.(NE) Rita Ora - Anywhere (Hot Shot Debut)
    02.(RE) Mariah Carey - Stay the Night (Best Comeback)
    03.(RE) Niall Horan - Slow Hands
    04.(RE) Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down
    05.(RE) Mariah Carey - Fly Like a Bird
    06.(RE) Whitney Houston - Unashamed
    07.(RE) Rita Ora - Poison
    08.(RE) Niall Horan - Too Much to Ask
    09.(RE) Madonna - Hung Up
    10.(NE) Niall Horan - Seeing Blind (feat. Maren Morris)
    11.(NE) Rachel Platten - Perfect for You
    12.(NE) Niall Horan - On the Loose
    13.(RE) Elton John - Something About the Way You Look Tonight
    14.(RE) Mariah Carey - Mine Again
    15.(03) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
    16.(RE) The Supremes - I Hear a Symphony
    17.(RE) Ed Sheeran - Perfect
    18.(RE) Girls Aloud - The Loving Kind
    19.(04) Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
    20.(01) Mariah Carey - The Star (Biggest Free Faller)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-10-17, 18:15

Hello Akini

Aww, wow this is amazing to see. I really think this is Rita's best single yet and she's done quite a few good songs but they've never appealed to me quite like this. <3

03.(RE) Niall Horan - Slow Hands
    08.(RE) Niall Horan - Too Much to Ask
    10.(NE) Niall Horan - Seeing Blind (feat. Maren Morris)
    12.(NE) Niall Horan - On the Loose

My blue eyed babe. What do you think of Flicker overall? I bought it on iTunes and i have to say i'm impressed for the most part. The only song that isn't doing anything for me is Fire away, i really want to love this song but its just not clicking with me.

Fun fact; i was listening to On my own and my mum thought it was a Bon Jovi song i was listening to! I'm currently adoring Seeing blind, Flicker and Mirrors. I'd say these are my early favourites from the album tracks.

Best of the rest:

04.(RE) Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down
    09.(RE) Madonna - Hung Up
    13.(RE) Elton John - Something About the Way You Look Tonight
    15.(03) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
    18.(RE) Girls Aloud - The Loving Kind
    19.(04) Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
    20.(01) Mariah Carey - The Star

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 02:46

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Hello Akini
    Greetings, Jake!

Aww, wow this is amazing to see. I really think this is Rita's best single yet and she's done quite a few good songs but they've never appealed to me quite like this. <3
    I am absolutely in love with "Anywhere" right now. It's so breezy that it feels like it's come a season too late, but I love it no less.

My blue eyed babe. What do you think of Flicker overall? I bought it on iTunes and i have to say i'm impressed for the most part. The only song that isn't doing anything for me is Fire away, i really want to love this song but its just not clicking with me.

Fun fact; i was listening to On my own and my mum thought it was a Bon Jovi song i was listening to! I'm currently adoring Seeing blind, Flicker and Mirrors. I'd say these are my early favourites from the album tracks.
    I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, to be honest. I really only listened to Flicker because my goal is to listen to at least one new album a week, and then Sunday comes and I hadn't achieved that goal, and after seeing its projected first week numbers, I thought I might as well give it a listen. I've only listened to it once, but there were only three or four songs I thought were sub-par. Everything else was either good or solid.

Some socks do sound kinda rock-ish, so I get how your mom could have made that mistake!

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 02:53

Monday's Top 20 (October 23rd)

01.(01) Rita Ora - Anywhere
    02.(RE) Britney Spears - Toxic (Best Comeback)
    03.(RE) Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again
    04.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Art of Letting Go
    05.(RE) Mariah Carey - Butterfly
    06.(RE) Frank Ocean - Bad Religion
    07.(RE) Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
    08.(RE) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
    09.(RE) Lil Kim - How Many Licks? (feat. Sisqo)
    10.(11) Rachel Platten - Perfect for You
    11.(RE) Janet Jackson - I Get Lonely
    12.(04) Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down (Biggest Free Faller)
    13.(19) Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor (Greatest Gainer)
    14.(RE) Lady Gaga - The Cure
    15.(NE) Lil Kim - No Matter What They Say (Highest Debut)
    16.(RE) Coldplay - Adventure of a Lifetime
    17.(RE) Barbra Streisand - Memory
    18.(RE) Adele - Tired
    19.(RE) Janet Jackson - Together Again
    20.(RE) Sia - Move Your Body

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 06:30

good to see Rita Ora at #1, I like the new song. I am excited for an album by her!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 18:24

Yay! I wonder if Rita will be able to keep the momentum going until the weekend. I've been watching her performance from The Jonathan Ross show and its visually stunning, i'd have been impressed that they done something similar to that for the music video.

Also loving these songs:

16.(RE) Coldplay - Adventure of a Lifetime
    18.(RE) Adele - Tired

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 22:45

Yeah, there's only the free and premium versions, and there's such a world of difference between the two. With the free version, I think you're allowed, like, five actual selections before you're reduced to settling for the shuffle option, and I just wasn't about that life.
    Agreed. I don't see myself taking the plunge in the IMMEDIATE future, but I've definitely been considering it more seriously lately than ever before (which is why I especially appreciate you sharing your experience/opinions!)

Unfortunately, I think that does represent the average listener. Most casual music fans have a very small pool of artists whose work they actively look out for, and usually only listen to other acts through recommendations from family or friends.
    That's actually not an entirely unfitting description of my own habits...

Music does play a much more...passive role in most people's lives, though. It's background filler for workouts or long drives, and while some songs will obviously incite more passion than others, the constant discovery of new music (and subsequent discussing/sharing of said music) simply isn't an ongoing hobby/significant interest of theirs. Speaking of: I noticed you mentioning a 1-new-album-per-week policy to Jake, and that sounds like an awesome approach (and one that streaming makes much more feasible!)

And the crazy thing about Rihanna's impact is that, remove "Umbrella" and "We Found Love" from her catalogue, and you still have some of the most classic pop moments of the last quarter-century on her hitlist.
    #stanhard

So much aw-age in reading that.

I'm sincerely touched that you like that version of me so much. I remember having a conversation with a co-worker on how the job changed my personality type - according to the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator - from an INFJ to an INTP. I explained to her that my resting/default state will always be INFJ, but that I believed different phases of life force you to tap into other dimensions of your personality to survive the new environment. So it's nice to hear that you like my 'default' side so much. You know, someone else reassured that even if I were to become a miserable old man, he'd still love me, and I was like...this.
    Your job literally replaced your inclination toward feeling with thinking That's some Tin Man sh*t right there! Did you have to take the full questionnaire for work, or did you just come across a version online? I 110% agree with your response to your co-worker, though, and it makes me think of how we adapt to different situations even during the same phase of our life. The parts of you that emerge at the office might look different from the parts that emerge with your sister, or on UKMIX, but that doesn't mean any of those parts are necessarily fake, or not the "real" you. People are complex/multi-faceted, and that's what makes us so fascinating (and capable.) Props to Ed for unearthing your F!

Also: who's this guy that's been confessing how he's gonna love you until you're a miserable old man...?

"Bedroom Floor" is pretty sexy, too, so it has that going for it. The chorus is quite an earworm.
    Yeah, Liam singing about clothes winding up on the floor defintiely evokes some feels...

04.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Art of Letting Go
    05.(RE) Mariah Carey - Butterfly
    09.(RE) Lil Kim - How Many Licks? (feat. Sisqo)
    10.(11) Rachel Platten - Perfect for You
    • I love that you're loving "Anywhere" I'd seen some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, this track does MUCH more for me. It was looking like a really tight race between this and "Bedroom Floor" for my next No. 1, but "Anywhere" has started pulling ahead over the past day or so. That desire to just escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is certainly relatable, and Rita's performance really brings that sentiment right to the surface...
    • Massively pleased to see "Perfect For You" charting here! I'll say more about this one when I get around to responding to your comments over in my thread, but I'm glad this side of Rachel is doing something for you!
    • Are all the JJ tracks a sign of support/solidarity after JT's Super Bowl announcement?

Yet another chart that's exactly where I want to be, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-10-17, 02:05

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE
    good to see Rita Ora at #1, I like the new song. I am excited for an album by her!
    "Anywhere" is awesome! If it's any indication as to what the album will sound like, I should start getting excited, too.

Yay! I wonder if Rita will be able to keep the momentum going until the weekend. I've been watching her performance from The Jonathan Ross show and its visually stunning, i'd have been impressed that they done something similar to that for the music video.
    To stay #1 'til the weekend is a tough ask; Top 5 is more feasible, but we'll see.

I'll have to watch that performance later.

Agreed. I don't see myself taking the plunge in the IMMEDIATE future, but I've definitely been considering it more seriously lately than ever before (which is why I especially appreciate you sharing your experience/opinions!)
    Another thing I love about Spotify is that you know when you click on a song, you're listening to the official version, as opposed to those fake pitched ones on YouTube. #addingtothesalespitch

That's actually not an entirely unfitting description of my own habits...

Music does play a much more...passive role in most people's lives, though. It's background filler for workouts or long drives, and while some songs will obviously incite more passion than others, the constant discovery of new music (and subsequent discussing/sharing of said music) simply isn't an ongoing hobby/significant interest of theirs. Speaking of: I noticed you mentioning a 1-new-album-per-week policy to Jake, and that sounds like an awesome approach (and one that streaming makes much more feasible!)
    Yeah, I usually hate generalisations, but I can't help but feel music fans tend to be closer to the introverted end of the spectrum, as it's an experience usually best enjoyed alone. It's interesting, though, because I feel a lot of young people enjoy frequenting bars and clubs, where music is usually one of the centerpieces of the entertainment, but I suppose that's not something you spend a significant portion of your 168 hours a week doing, which lends to just casual consumption. And in societies that encourage extroversion, it wouldn't be surprising to find a dearth of variety + stagnancy among the general population's taste. #randomramblings

Your job literally replaced your inclination toward feeling with thinking That's some Tin Man sh*t right there! Did you have to take the full questionnaire for work, or did you just come across a version online? I 110% agree with your response to your co-worker, though, and it makes me think of how we adapt to different situations even during the same phase of our life. The parts of you that emerge at the office might look different from the parts that emerge with your sister, or on UKMIX, but that doesn't mean any of those parts are necessarily fake, or not the "real" you. People are complex/multi-faceted, and that's what makes us so fascinating (and capable.) Props to Ed for unearthing your F!
    I remember taking the MBTI in my first semester of college, then I randomly decided to do it again one boring summer day to see if anything had changed.

Yeah, I think for me it's not so much people see different sides of me, they just see different depths/levels of the real me. The closer you are, obviously the more you get to see. It's cool to see who makes you comfortable to reveal the truest/most unfiltered version of yourself, though. I guess those are the people you know are your people. <3

Also: who's this guy that's been confessing how he's gonna love you until you're a miserable old man...?
    Well, obviously, he didn't mean it in a romantic sense, and we both know him.

• I love that you're loving "Anywhere" I'd seen some comparisons to "It Ain't Me", and while I can hear the connection, this track does MUCH more for me. It was looking like a really tight race between this and "Bedroom Floor" for my next No. 1, but "Anywhere" has started pulling ahead over the past day or so. That desire to just escape from it all sometimes (with a special someone) is certainly relatable, and Rita's performance really brings that sentiment right to the surface...
    Hmm...I don't hear any "It Ain't Me" similarities.

I agree with that assessment 150%. It's why I have it on repeat when I'm at work.

• Massively pleased to see "Perfect For You" charting here! I'll say more about this one when I get around to responding to your comments over in my thread, but I'm glad this side of Rachel is doing something for you!
    Same! I thought she was grey all over, but turns out she has some colour she was hiding away!

• Are all the JJ tracks a sign of support/solidarity after JT's Super Bowl announcement?
    Yep.

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-10-17, 02:12

Tuesday's Top 20 (October 24th)

02.(RE) Madonna - The Power of Goodbye (Best Comeback)
    03.(09) Lil Kim - How Many Licks? (feat. Sisqo)
    04.(RE) J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente (feat. Beyoncé)
    05.(15) Lil Kim - No Matter What They Say (Greatest Gainer)
    06.(RE) Aretha Franklin - Respect
    07.(RE) Rita Ora - Poison
    08.(RE) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
    09.(RE) Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down
    10.(RE) Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love
    11.(RE) Calvin Harris - Feels (feat. Pharrell Williams, Big Sean, & Katy Perry)
    12.(RE) Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes
    13.(NE) The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child (Highest Debut)
    14.(NE) Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
    15.(NE) The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer in the City
    16.(RE) Mariah Carey - Thirsty
    17.(NE) morgxn - love you with the lights on
    18.(RE) Madonna - Nothing Fails
    19.(RE) Adele - Love in the Dark
    20.(RE) Niall Horan - On the Loose

Legend
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-10-17, 19:33

Yess,,, first you demand R E S PE C T and then you show em how thirsty a chick can be. 2 fantastic entries of empowerment.

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 26-10-17, 03:29

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    Yess,,, first you demand R E S PE C T and then you show em how thirsty a chick can be. 2 fantastic entries of empowerment.
    Glad you appreciate those two, Stevyy!

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 26-10-17, 03:36

Wednesday's Top 20 (October 25th)

01.(RE) Britney Spears - Why Should I Be Sad (Best Comeback)
    02.(02) Madonna - The Power of Goodbye
    03.(RE) Britney Spears - Gimme More
    04.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece
    05.(RE) Alicia Keys - Fallin'
    06.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - I Had a Dream
    07.(03) Lil Kim - How Many Licks? (feat. Sisqo)
    08.(13) The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child (Greatest Gainer)
    09.(01) Rita Ora - Anywhere (Biggest Free Faller)
    10.(RE) Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
    11.(RE) Madonna - This Used to Be My Playground
    12.(RE) Girls Aloud - The Promise
    13.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Good Goes the Bye
    14.(RE) Britney Spears - Piece of Me
    15.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Your Disco Needs You
    16.(RE) Britney Spears - Break the Ice
    17.(RE) Sia - Confetti
    18.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Star
    19.(RE) P!nk - But We Lost It
    20.(RE) Britney Spears - Freakshow

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-10-17, 03:32

Thursday's Top 20 (October 26th)

01.(01) Britney Spears - Why Should I Be Sad
    02.(02) Madonna - The Power of Goodbye
    03.(RE) Paula Abdul - Straight Up (Best Comeback)
    04.(11) Madonna - This Used to Be My Playground (Greatest Gainer)
    05.(03) Britney Spears - Gimme More
    06.(RE) Mariah Carey - Fly Like a Bird
    07.(RE) Ariana Grande - One Last Time
    08.(RE) Air Supply - Making Love Out of Nothing at All
    09.(09) Rita Ora - Anywhere
    10.(RE) Camila Cabello - Havana
    11.(16) Britney Spears - Break the Ice
    12.(RE) Toni Braxton - He Wasn't Man Enough
    13.(RE) Madonna - La Isla Bonita
    14.(RE) Air Supply - Making Love Out of Nothing at All
    15.(RE) Sia - Day Too Soon
    16.(14) Britney Spears - Piece of Me (Best Comeback)
    17.(RE) Niall Horan - Too Much to Ask
    18.(RE) Lily Allen - F**k You
    19.(RE) Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes
    20.(RE) P!nk - F**kin' Perfect

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-10-17, 15:13

Monday's Top 20 (October 23rd)
    y
    The single record only one year after Woman In Love, thegreatest voices across genres!
    BARBRA
    ?Mom of Divas
    ?2Osc+ 10Gram+ 5Em+ Tony
    ?Best-selling ? Artist
    ?Biggest Box office Actress
    ?Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
    ?1st Osc? Composer

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-10-17, 02:38

Quote Originally Posted by CelinetoBarbra
    The single record only one year after Woman In Love, thegreatest voices across genres!
    "Memory" is indeed an awesome song, and I don't think anyone could pull it off the way Barbra did!

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-10-17, 02:44

Friday's Top 20 (October 27th)

01.(02) Madonna - The Power of Goodbye
    02.(RE) John Lennon - Imagine (Best Comeback)
    03.(RE) Eminem - Not Afraid
    04.(NE) Migos, Cardi B, & Nicki Minaj - Motor Sport (Highest Debut)
    05.(09) Rita Ora - Anywhere (Greatest Gainer)
    06.(06) Mariah Carey - Fly Like a Bird
    07.(RE) The Supremes - Stop! In the Name of Love
    08.(RE) Jennifer Lopez - On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)
    09.(RE) Toni Braxton - He Wasn't Man Enough
    10.(05) Britney Spears - Gimme More
    11.(RE) Britney Spears - Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
    12.(RE) Tina Turner - On Silent Wings
    13.(RE) Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love
    14.(16) Britney Spears - Piece of Me
    15.(RE) Tina Turner - Till the Right Man Comes Along
    16.(15) Sia - Day Too Soon
    17.(11) Britney Spears - Break the Ice
    18.(08) Air Supply - Making Love Out of Nothing at All (Biggest Free Faller)
    19.(RE) Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do with It
    20.(RE) Eminem - We Made You

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-10-17, 03:08

Your #1 is stunning.

And I love to see all "Blackout" singles on your chart. What a great way to celebrate the album's 10th anniversary. I can't believe Britney's triumphant comeback (musically speaking) was 10 years ago. Time flies!

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-10-17, 03:28

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Your #1 is stunning.

And I love to see all "Blackout" singles on your chart. What a great way to celebrate the album's 10th anniversary. I can't believe Britney's triumphant comeback (musically speaking) was 10 years ago. Time flies!
    It really does! However, somehow Blackout manages to defy time and sound even fresher every year. Every time I revisit a song, I'll notice and appreciate some new nuance I had missed before, and that says a lot about an album I've played perhaps more than any other that I'm still able to discover great new qualities in each song.

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-10-17, 03:35

Saturday's Top 20 (October 28th)

01.(NE) Kelly Clarkson - Go High (Hot Shot Debut)
    02.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life (Best Comeback)
    03.(RE) Jordin Sparks - Battlefield
    04.(NE) Kelly Clarkson - Medicine
    05.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
    06.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Move You
    07.(04) Migos, Cardi B, & Nicki Minaj - Motor Car
    08.(NE) Kelly Clarkson - Cruel
    09.(NE) Kelly Clarkson - Slow Dance
    10.(NE) Kelly Clarkson - Would You Call That Love
    11.(RE) Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
    12.(08) Jennifer Lopez - On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)
    13.(RE) Years & Years - Meteorite
    14.(RE) Oasis - Morning Glory
    15.(RE) Jennifer Lopez - First Love
    16.(NE) Kelly Clarkson - Whole Lotta Woman
    17.(RE) Kanye West - Power
    18.(03) Eminem - Not Afraid (Biggest Free Faller)
    19.(NE) Kelly Clarkson - Heat
    20.(RE) Jill Scott - Golden

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 30-10-17, 06:02

Sunday's Top 20 (October 29th)

01.(01) Kelly Clarkson - Go High
    02.(RE) Frank Ocean - Bad Religion (Best Comeback)
    03.(02) Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life
    04.(RE) Camila Cabello - Havana
    05.(RE) Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z)
    06.(RE) Céline Dion - Vole
    07.(05) Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
    08.(RE) P!nk - God Is a DJ
    09.(07) Migos, Cardi B, & Nicki Minaj - Motor Sport (Biggest Free Faller)
    10.(RE) Madonna - The Power of Goodbye
    11.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Because of You
    12.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around
    13.(RE) Madonna - Borderline
    14.(RE) Ed Sheeran - Perfect
    15.(RE) P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
    16.(RE) Kylie Minogue - All the Lovers
    17.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
    18.(RE) Drake - Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan)
    19.(RE) Janet Jackson - All for You
    20.(RE) Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson - Don't You Wanna Stay

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 30-10-17, 23:56

Monday's Top 20 (October 30th)

01.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Slow Dance (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) Whitney Houston - Love Will Save the Day
    03.(01) Kelly Clarkson - Go High
    04.(07) Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (Greatest Gainer)
    05.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - How I Feel
    06.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath
    07.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
    08.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Move You
    09.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Whole Lotta Woman
    10.(RE) Whitney Houston - All the Man That I Need
    11.(RE) Miley Cyrus - Malibu
    12.(03) Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life (Biggest Free Faller)
    13.(RE) Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
    14.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - You Found Me
    15.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Sober
    16.(09) Migos, Cardi B, & Nicki Minaj - Motor Sport
    17.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Cruel
    18.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Bad Reputation
    19.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece
    20.(RE) Lil Kim - How Many Licks? (feat. Sisqo)

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 31-10-17, 00:00

You seem to really love the new album by Kelly Clarkson! - What a huge impact it has on your daily charts!

Love to see "Malibu" as well. It seems it will win the album survivor; so I guess, it clearly deserves to be part of your charts now and then ;)