User Tag List

Page 666 of 713 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667668676 ... LastLast
Results 16,626 to 16,650 of 17824

Thread: Akini's Daily Top 20: #1 A little more touch my body...

  1. #16626
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-12-17, 05:19

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Don't think anyone will be surprised about this
    In the end, it was closer than I thought it would be!

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    WLTO is such a bop! Really pumps you up / makes you feel good.
    It randomly clicked with me yesterday after all these years!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Exciting! Sounds like it'll be a decently-long trip, then?
    I'm seeing if I can manage three weeks without going totally bankrupt.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Aw I've never watched any performance footage, but it feels a little harsh to dissect/make assumptions about his every facial expression. Not to mention, there's plenty of reasons why an act might be looking uncomfy on stage (general nerves, lack of rehearsal, illness, distracted by some news they just received, etc.)
    This is the moment I was referring to. Admittedly, I do have a bias against heterosexual men being gay-friendly. I don't trust it 95% of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Yeah, which ties into the "Taylor Swift the feminist" discussion too. Obviously, I'd love my favorite performers to be as vocal and supportive as possible, but just how much social justice activism should we realistically expect from people whose primary focus/dream is to be professional singers/dancers/etc.? I'm not asking just to be contrary, it's something I genuinely haven't settled on myself.
    This is a very good point! I've actually never considered that, but it is a truly excellent point! Yesterday, Lewis Hamilton made some offensive remarks about his four-year-old nephew wearing a dress he got as a Christmas present, and there was obvious backlash, but I think we put these people on pedestals that they never asked for...and, to be honest, I think his views represent what the vast majority of males believe. Do I agree with misogyny masqueraded as male chauvinism? Not at all. But it's remiss to attack products of the problem without addressing the root of these misguided beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    **Nod** For sure, and I don't want to discredit the truly commendable performances given by actors in that situation. If the playing field was more level, and LGBTQ+ actors were given straight roles anywhere near often as the reverse happens, it wouldn't concern me...but because LGBTQ+ actors are already overlooked for all kinds of roles, even ones for which they're an incredibly perfect match, it's hard not to stay at least a tad salty. Talent is not an exclusively, or even predominantly, straight trait - yet casting practices would certainly have us believing so.
    Yeah, there are some serious problems in this world. Sometimes I wish I could cast a spell to fix it all because progress is much, much too slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ah, so stronger first impression/more instant appeal, but weaker staying power?
    Sí.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • At least AIWFCIY is No. 1 where it TRULY counts! <3


    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • Randomly enough, "Do You Hear What I Hear?" is the only track I have from Whitney's Christmas album. I think that's at least parrtially because it's one classic that not quite as many other acts have tackled (at least compared to something like "Last Christmas", "Silent Night", "Santa Baby", "O Holy Night", etc.)
    Hmm...I think we may be listening to different versions. Whitney has a version she recorded in 1987 when she was very much in her vocal prime, but I don't see "Do You Hear What I Hear?" on the tracklist for her holiday album. WTF are you listening to, Paul?

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas (and have an even more awesome New Year's), Akini!
    Aw, thanks, Paul! Same to you, of course!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  2. #16627
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-12-17, 05:25

    Tuesday's Top 20 (December 26th)

    01.(06) Madonna - Best Friend
    02.(RE) Childish Gambino - Redbone (Best Comeback)
    03.(14) Whitney Houston - You're Still My Man (Greatest Gainer)
    04.(RE) Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
    05.(07) Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
    06.(RE) Sia - Move Your Body
    07.(RE) Rita Ora - Anywhere
    08.(13) Paloma Faith - The Architect
    09.(RE) Whitney Houston - Do You Hear What I Hear?
    10.(03) Madonna - Justify My Love
    11.(RE) DNCE - Kissing Strangers (feat. Nicki Minaj)
    12.(RE) David Guetta - Without You (feat. Usher)
    13.(RE) Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
    14.(RE) Selena Gomez & the Scene - My Dilemma
    15.(RE) Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
    16.(02) David Guetta - When Love Takes Over (feat. Kelly Rowland) (Biggest Free Faller)
    17.(RE) Selena Gomez & the Scene - Love You Like a Love Song
    18.(RE) Hurts - Beautiful Ones
    19.(17) Madonna - Like It or Not
    20.(RE) LP - Lost on You
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  3. #16628
    phoenix98's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,408
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 28-12-17, 22:15

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    I'm seeing if I can manage three weeks without going totally bankrupt.
    Woah, a 3-week-adventure would be EPIC! Have you already secured the time off work, so it's just a matter of securing the funding now? Would your sister be along for the ride again (or anyone else?)

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    This is the moment I was referring to. Admittedly, I do have a bias against heterosexual men being gay-friendly. I don't trust it 95% of the time.

    This is a very good point! I've actually never considered that, but it is a truly excellent point! Yesterday, Lewis Hamilton made some offensive remarks about his four-year-old nephew wearing a dress he got as a Christmas present, and there was obvious backlash, but I think we put these people on pedestals that they never asked for...and, to be honest, I think his views represent what the vast majority of males believe. Do I agree with misogyny masqueraded as male chauvinism? Not at all. But it's remiss to attack products of the problem without addressing the root of these misguided beliefs.
    Well if that's the worst of it, I can't be too mad at Nick. Just 'cause he's willing to do shirtless photoshoots doesn't mean he's always gonna be totally enthusiastic about fans demanding he flaunt his body at every performance/public appearance. I mean, just cause Britney got nude in "Womanizer" doesn't mean she's obligated to gleefully indulge every fan who ever shouts to see her tits. It also just seems like he was being a tease/playful with the quick flash, and that "RAWR, I'm a BEEFCAKE!!!" face when he lifted his shirt was pretty adorable. That said, I definitely agree that he shouldn't be labelled a champion for LGBTQ+ justice just because he booked that gig and flashed his abs for 5 seconds. I also think it's perfectly sensible to be (at least initially) wary of the sincerity of any celebrity "support."

    **Nod** It's genuinely painful when celebs so flippantly make statements/"jokes" like those, especially if they're people who seemed like allies otherwise (or may even consider themselves to be allies and just don't realize the effect of some of the things they say/do.) Not to suggest that higher education automatically = absolute awareness, but many celebrities didn't attend college due to achieving fame at a young age, and I know that if I hadn't taken some of the classes that I did in undergrad and even in grad school, I'd probably still be saying some pretty uninformed things/making some pretty uninformed jokes occasionally (even as a member of the LGBTQ+ community myself.) I hope that doesn't come across as "celebrities are dumb so you can't be mad when they say awful things" - it's just that it took some specific training and learning for me to get a better perspective on my words and actions, while many celebrities haven't had (or haven't chosen to take) that opportunity. My train of thought is starting to derail here...but I guess that just shows how many factors/dimensions there are to consider with these issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Yeah, there are some serious problems in this world. Sometimes I wish I could cast a spell to fix it all because progress is much, much too slow.
    Amen.

    Admittedly, I recognize the irony of some of my ranting here, and how I'm still a part of the problem sometimes I'm quick to gripe/soapbox online, but how much real-world activism (marching, writing/reaching out to elected officials, etc.) have I actually done...?

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Hmm...I think we may be listening to different versions. Whitney has a version she recorded in 1987 when she was very much in her vocal prime, but I don't see "Do You Hear What I Hear?" on the tracklist for her holiday album. WTF are you listening to, Paul?
    Ah, yeah, that's the one! Ha, whoops Damn, I've had it mislabelled in my library all these years. Now I finally know that it's actually from this album (which also contains Madonna's "Santa Baby" cover that I have, so I really had no excuse.) I imagine what happened is that I downloaded the song from a less-than-entirely-legal source that didn't specify the album from which it came, so I just assumed it was from her own Christmas record. #flopfan

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Aw, thanks, Paul! Same to you, of course!
    Many thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    01.(06) Madonna - Best Friend
    02.(RE) Childish Gambino - Redbone (Best Comeback)
    03.(14) Whitney Houston - You're Still My Man (Greatest Gainer)
    04.(RE) Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
    05.(07) Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
    06.(RE) Sia - Move Your Body
    07.(RE) Rita Ora - Anywhere
    09.(RE) Whitney Houston - Do You Hear What I Hear?
    10.(03) Madonna - Justify My Love
    11.(RE) DNCE - Kissing Strangers (feat. Nicki Minaj)
    12.(RE) David Guetta - Without You (feat. Usher)
    13.(RE) Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
    14.(RE) Selena Gomez & the Scene - My Dilemma
    15.(RE) Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
    16.(02) David Guetta - When Love Takes Over (feat. Kelly Rowland) (Biggest Free Faller)
    17.(RE) Selena Gomez & the Scene - Love You Like a Love Song
    18.(RE) Hurts - Beautiful Ones
    19.(17) Madonna - Like It or Not
    20.(RE) LP - Lost on You
    • "Best Friend" is an interesting selection to receive a post-Christmas surge (granted, I guess it's a pretty random Madonna selection in general...)
    • Damn, I haven't re-visited "Without You" in years. Guetta was really on fire (in terms of churning out stuff that I really enjoyed, but I guess chart-wise too) during the Nothing But The Beat era: "Without You", "Titanium", "Turn Me On", "She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)"...
    • "My Dilemma" is such a poptastic treat. I'm 99% sure you recommended that random album gem to me back in the day, and it lead to me making my first-ever Selena Gomez &The Scene album purchase!

    Yet another chart that's one of the best, Akini!

  4. #16629
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-12-17, 05:33

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Woah, a 3-week-adventure would be EPIC! Have you already secured the time off work, so it's just a matter of securing the funding now? Would your sister be along for the ride again (or anyone else?)
    The time off from work shouldn't be difficult to secure because it's during the summer, and things are always slower during that time. The Canadian part of the trip will involve some of my high school colleagues, as I'm really going to be incorporating a vacation into a club trip so...that should be fun. As for NYC, I don't think my sister would even let me touch NYC soil again without her, so her presence is pretty much a given.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Well if that's the worst of it, I can't be too mad at Nick. Just 'cause he's willing to do shirtless photoshoots doesn't mean he's always gonna be totally enthusiastic about fans demanding he flaunt his body at every performance/public appearance. I mean, just cause Britney got nude in "Womanizer" doesn't mean she's obligated to gleefully indulge every fan who ever shouts to see her tits. It also just seems like he was being a tease/playful with the quick flash, and that "RAWR, I'm a BEEFCAKE!!!" face when he lifted his shirt was pretty adorable. That said, I definitely agree that he shouldn't be labelled a champion for LGBTQ+ justice just because he booked that gig and flashed his abs for 5 seconds. I also think it's perfectly sensible to be (at least initially) wary of the sincerity of any celebrity "support."
    That's my only gripe with him really. I don't think he's a bad guy, but all he's really done is be a decent human-being - come out in favour of gay marriage and LGBT+ rights in general - and he's played a few gay roles on TV, and that's pretty much it. And even in his 'support' through those roles he played, he kinda infringes on that other discussion we had about LGBT+ actors losing out on LGBT+ roles to their hetero counterparts.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    **Nod** It's genuinely painful when celebs so flippantly make statements/"jokes" like those, especially if they're people who seemed like allies otherwise (or may even consider themselves to be allies and just don't realize the effect of some of the things they say/do.) Not to suggest that higher education automatically = absolute awareness, but many celebrities didn't attend college due to achieving fame at a young age, and I know that if I hadn't taken some of the classes that I did in undergrad and even in grad school, I'd probably still be saying some pretty uninformed things/making some pretty uninformed jokes occasionally (even as a member of the LGBTQ+ community myself.) I hope that doesn't come across as "celebrities are dumb so you can't be mad when they say awful things" - it's just that it took some specific training and learning for me to get a better perspective on my words and actions, while many celebrities haven't had (or haven't chosen to take) that opportunity. My train of thought is starting to derail here...but I guess that just shows how many factors/dimensions there are to consider with these issues.
    You've raised another excellent point in the education issue. I think another problem is that Hollywood itself is a kind of bubble where people get cut off from reality, and if they don't have non-celeb friends or acquaintances around that can relay experiences to them that are outside the scope of their own, then there will be a lack of sensitive/empathy to issues that they know nothing about. And the lack of formal education just compounds that.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Admittedly, I recognize the irony of some of my ranting here, and how I'm still a part of the problem sometimes I'm quick to gripe/soapbox online, but how much real-world activism (marching, writing/reaching out to elected officials, etc.) have I actually done...?
    Same here. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ah, yeah, that's the one! Ha, whoops Damn, I've had it mislabelled in my library all these years. Now I finally know that it's actually from this album (which also contains Madonna's "Santa Baby" cover that I have, so I really had no excuse.) I imagine what happened is that I downloaded the song from a less-than-entirely-legal source that didn't specify the album from which it came, so I just assumed it was from her own Christmas record. #flopfan
    It happens sometimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • "Best Friend" is an interesting selection to receive a post-Christmas surge (granted, I guess it's a pretty random Madonna selection in general...)
    The reason "Best Friend" is back - and all the other Madonna tracks for that matter - is that the Photobucket policy changed kinda wrecked my countdowns, and I finally had time to go back and fix all the broken links. In doing so, I decided to revisit some of the songs that I had ranked fairly low just to see if my thoughts on them had changed, and I can definitely say that I ranked two in particular too low: "Best Friend" and "Justify My Love".

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • Damn, I haven't re-visited "Without You" in years. Guetta was really on fire (in terms of churning out stuff that I really enjoyed, but I guess chart-wise too) during the Nothing But The Beat era: "Without You", "Titanium", "Turn Me On", "She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)"...
    Damn, that was a phenomenal era indeed. You're even forgetting "Night of Your Life". So much dance-pop goodness! Calvin Harris could never.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • "My Dilemma" is such a poptastic treat. I'm 99% sure you recommended that random album gem to me back in the day, and it lead to me making my first-ever Selena Gomez &The Scene album purchase!
    Oh, yes, I was so obsessed with "My Dilemma". It spent 12 days at #1 here, which just might be the longest run at the top for a non-single. I have to check to confirm that.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  5. #16630
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-12-17, 05:39

    Thursday's Top 20 (December 28th)

    01.(RE) Katy Perry - Roulette (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) Céline Dion - Encore un soir
    03.(RE) Foster the People - Pay the Man
    04.(RE) Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You
    05.(RE) St. Beauty - Borders
    06.(RE) Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
    07.(08) Paloma Faith - The Architect
    08.(20) LP - Lost on You (Greatest Gainer)
    09.(RE) Toni Braxton - Deadwood
    10.(RE) Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    11.(07) Rita Ora - Anywhere
    12.(10) Madonna - Justify My Love
    13.(01) Madonna - Best Friend
    14.(RE) Auli'i Cravalho - How Far I'll Go
    15.(17) Selena Gomez & the Scene - Love You Like a Love Song
    16.(RE) Lorde - Green Light
    17.(RE) Alicia Keys - In Common
    18.(02) Childish Gambino - Redbone (Biggest Free Faller)
    19.(RE) Camila Cabello - Havana
    20.(RE) Rihanna - Pour It Up
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  6. #16631
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-12-17, 05:12

    Friday's Top 20 (December 29th)

    01.(NE) Rae Morris - Do It (Hot Shot Debut)
    02.(18) Childish Gambino - Redbone (Greatest Gainer)
    03.(19) Camila Cabello - Havana
    04.(RE) Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize (Best Comeback)
    05.(NE) Zac Efron & Zendaya - Rewrite the Stars
    06.(03) Foster the People - Pay the Man (Biggest Free Faller)
    07.(RE) Tina Turner - Till the Right Man Comes Along
    08.(RE) Beyoncé - Drunk in Love (feat. Jay-Z & Kanye West)
    09.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
    10.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Mercy on Me
    11.(RE) Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
    12.(RE) Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
    13.(NE) Clay Aiken - Solitaire
    14.(13) Madonna - Best Friend
    15.(RE) Miguel - Sky Walker
    16.(RE) Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You
    17.(RE) Years & Years - Meteorite
    18.(RE) Adam Lambert - Whataya Want from Me
    19.(RE) Jordin Sparks - Battlefield
    20.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  7. #16632
    SummerPeur's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    10,984
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-12-17, 05:15

    04.(RE) Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize (Best Comeback)
    Oh my god, almost had a heart attack cause I thought it was Kylie's song Crystallize

    12.(RE) Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
    I know a lot of people really enjoy this song, I'm not sure why though. Maybe i need to get my taste fixed

    16.(RE) Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You
    GREAT song! A+. Nice to see it pop back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

  8. #16633
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 31-12-17, 03:24

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Oh my god, almost had a heart attack cause I thought it was Kylie's song Crystallize
    The Lindsey Stirling song helped me through the toughest exams I've ever taken, which coincided with a general tough period in my life, so it'll go down as one of my all-time favourites...introduced to me by the incredible Tansike!

    I listened to Kylie's "Crystallize" and I enjoyed it!

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    I know a lot of people really enjoy this song, I'm not sure why though. Maybe i need to get my taste fixed
    Sinéad delivers a very haunting, emotional vocal on an even more haunting, emotional song, so I think that's what gets most people, and if you can personally relate to the song...well, that's just feels overload at that point.

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    GREAT song! A+. Nice to see it pop back up.
    Aw, glad to see you appreciate that Frankie song. It's his second best after "Bad Religion".
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  9. #16634
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 31-12-17, 03:34

    Saturday's Top 20 (December 30th)

    01.(RE) Katy Perry - Roulette (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) G-Eazy - No Limit (feat. A$AP Rocky, Cardi B, French Montana, Juicy J, & Belly)
    03.(14) Madonna - Best Friend (Greatest Gainer)
    04.(02) Childish Gambino - Redbone
    05.(01) Rae Morris - Do It
    06.(RE) Madonna - Justify My Love
    07.(RE) Harry Styles - Ever Since New York
    08.(RE) Paloma Faith - The Architect
    09.(RE) Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
    10.(05) Zac Efron & Zendaya - Rewrite the Stars (Biggest Free Faller)
    11.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone
    12.(RE) G-Eazy - I Mean It (feat. Remo)
    13.(RE) Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
    14.(RE) Lana Del Rey - White Mustang
    15.(RE) Taylor Swift - Getaway Car
    16.(RE) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
    17.(RE) Eminem - Lose Yourself
    18.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head
    19.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Slow Dance
    20.(RE) Kendrick Lamar - Humble
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  10. #16635
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-01-18, 02:20

    Monday's Top 20 (January 1st)

    01.(RE) David Guetta - Titanium (feat. Sia) (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) Lady Gaga - Born This Way
    03.(02) G-Eazy - No Limit (feat. A$AP Rocky, Cardi B, French Montana, Juicy J, & Belly)
    04.(05) Rae Morris - Do It
    05.(RE) Lady Gaga - Marry the Night
    06.(RE) Katy Perry - Firework
    07.(RE) ABBA - Happy New Year
    08.(NE) Kendrick Lamar - DNA (Highest Debut)
    09.(RE) Sia - Everyday Is Christmas
    10.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    11.(RE) SZA - Pretty Little Birds (feat. Isaiah Rashad)
    12.(RE) Paramore - Fake Happy
    13.(08) Paloma Faith - The Architect
    14.(RE) Lady Gaga - The Cure
    15.(RE) Bruno Mars - Treasure
    16.(RE) Kendrick Lamar - Duckworth
    17.(RE) Taylor Swift - Delicate
    18.(20) Kendrick Lamar - Humble (Greatest Gainer)
    19.(RE) Childish Gambino - Redbone
    20.(10) Zac Efron & Zendaya - Rewrite the Stars (Biggest Free Faller)
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  11. #16636
    SummerPeur's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    10,984
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-01-18, 03:34

    Yes!!!!! @ the Titanium return! Best thing sia sis has ever done!

    Is the firework return related to news years? ;P

    Love Pretty Little Birds as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

  12. #16637
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-01-18, 03:55

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Yes!!!!! @ the Titanium return! Best thing sia sis has ever done!

    Is the firework return related to news years? ;P

    Love Pretty Little Birds as well.
    I agree + yes + happy to hear you enjoy that one, too.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  13. #16638
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-01-18, 03:57

    Tuesday's Top 20 (January 2nd)

    01.(01) David Guetta - Titanium (feat. Sia)
    02.(RE) Madonna - Best Friend (Best Comeback)
    03.(05) Lady Gaga - Marry the Night
    04.(RE) Sean Paul - Got 2 Luv U (feat. Alexis Jordan)
    05.(RE) Cher - Taxi Taxi
    06.(15) Bruno Mars - Treasure (Greatest Gainer)
    07.(RE) Rihanna - Diamonds
    08.(RE) J. Cole - Fire Squad
    09.(04) Rae Morris - Do It (Biggest Free Faller)
    10.(RE) Madonna - Justify My Love
    11.(RE) Charli XCX - Boys
    12.(11) SZA - Pretty Little Birds (feat. Isaiah Rashad)
    13.(RE) Rita Ora - Anywhere
    14.(RE) Taylor Swift - Getaway Car
    15.(RE) Miranda Lambert - Vice
    16.(14) Lady Gaga - The Cure
    17.(RE) Justin Timberlake - Spaceship Coupe
    18.(RE) Mariah Carey - Melt Away
    19.(RE) David Guetta - When Love Takes Over (feat. Kelly Rowland)
    20.(RE) Coldplay - Hymn for the Weekend (feat. Beyoncé)
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  14. #16639
    phoenix98's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,408
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-01-18, 18:30

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    The time off from work shouldn't be difficult to secure because it's during the summer, and things are always slower during that time. The Canadian part of the trip will involve some of my high school colleagues, as I'm really going to be incorporating a vacation into a club trip so...that should be fun. As for NYC, I don't think my sister would even let me touch NYC soil again without her, so her presence is pretty much a given.
    Sounds like a pretty fabulous itinerary! This might be a stupid question, but do you mean friends from high school who are living in Canada now, or friends from high school will be travelling with you to Canada (before you ditch them to rendezvous with your sister in NYC?)

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    That's my only gripe with him really. I don't think he's a bad guy, but all he's really done is be a decent human-being - come out in favour of gay marriage and LGBT+ rights in general - and he's played a few gay roles on TV, and that's pretty much it. And even in his 'support' through those roles he played, he kinda infringes on that other discussion we had about LGBT+ actors losing out on LGBT+ roles to their hetero counterparts.
    **Nod** It also seems like straight actors are sometimes automatically given a little TOO much credit for being "willing"/"brave enough" to play LGBTQ+ characters (as if even pretending to be one of us is such a huge sacrifice/threat to their career/etc.) Then again, as long as there's still actors who flat-out refuse to play LGBTQ+ characters in order to preserve their "Christian values" and whatnot, I guess the ones who ARE willing deserve at least a little credit for that "support"? Idk...

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    You've raised another excellent point in the education issue. I think another problem is that Hollywood itself is a kind of bubble where people get cut off from reality, and if they don't have non-celeb friends or acquaintances around that can relay experiences to them that are outside the scope of their own, then there will be a lack of sensitive/empathy to issues that they know nothing about. And the lack of formal education just compounds that.
    Thanks - and I totally agree with your bubble remark! Celebs can very easily surround themselves with "friends"/colleagues who are essentially just groupies/yes-men/etc. who will shower them with praise/acceptance no matter what they say/do. Or celebs can just hop on Twitter and instantly find (in some cases literally millions of) fans willing to vehemently defend them and dismiss anyone offering a conflicting perspective as "haters." Why bother trying to better yourself/broaden your mind when millions of people treat you like a god anyway?

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    The reason "Best Friend" is back - and all the other Madonna tracks for that matter - is that the Photobucket policy changed kinda wrecked my countdowns, and I finally had time to go back and fix all the broken links. In doing so, I decided to revisit some of the songs that I had ranked fairly low just to see if my thoughts on them had changed, and I can definitely say that I ranked two in particular too low: "Best Friend" and "Justify My Love".
    Ugh, YES! I'm getting a bit off-topic here, but that change REALLY screwed me over too, and partially influenced my decision not to post a full year-end countdown for 2017 (since I haven't found a comparable free alternative site for making banners and such.) :x :x :x

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Damn, that was a phenomenal era indeed. You're even forgetting "Night of Your Life". So much dance-pop goodness! Calvin Harris could never.
    Ooh, that's actually a new one on me! It looks like it was an iTunes Countdown single (leading into the album's release), but never got a full proper push? As I'm hearing it now for the first time, it's definitely a jam You were/are a pretty big fan of JHud, yeah? Or at least a few of her tunes...?

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Oh, yes, I was so obsessed with "My Dilemma". It spent 12 days at #1 here, which just might be the longest run at the top for a non-single. I have to check to confirm that.
    I'd love to know if/when you do!

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    01.(01) David Guetta - Titanium (feat. Sia)
    02.(RE) Madonna - Best Friend (Best Comeback)
    03.(05) Lady Gaga - Marry the Night
    04.(RE) Sean Paul - Got 2 Luv U (feat. Alexis Jordan)
    06.(15) Bruno Mars - Treasure (Greatest Gainer)
    07.(RE) Rihanna - Diamonds
    10.(RE) Madonna - Justify My Love
    11.(RE) Charli XCX - Boys
    13.(RE) Rita Ora - Anywhere
    14.(RE) Taylor Swift - Getaway Car
    16.(14) Lady Gaga - The Cure
    18.(RE) Mariah Carey - Melt Away
    19.(RE) David Guetta - When Love Takes Over (feat. Kelly Rowland)
    20.(RE) Coldplay - Hymn for the Weekend (feat. Beyoncé)
    • Ha, truly shading 2017 by closing out the year (and ringing in 2018) with a classic from 2011-2012.
    • Aw, Alexis Jordan vanished way too soon :( Speaking of 2011, her "Good Girl" was one of my biggest hits that year.

    Yet another solid chart, Akini!

  15. #16640
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-01-18, 03:48

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Sounds like a pretty fabulous itinerary! This might be a stupid question, but do you mean friends from high school who are living in Canada now, or friends from high school will be travelling with you to Canada (before you ditch them to rendezvous with your sister in NYC?)
    The latter, bolded bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    **Nod** It also seems like straight actors are sometimes automatically given a little TOO much credit for being "willing"/"brave enough" to play LGBTQ+ characters (as if even pretending to be one of us is such a huge sacrifice/threat to their career/etc.) Then again, as long as there's still actors who flat-out refuse to play LGBTQ+ characters in order to preserve their "Christian values" and whatnot, I guess the ones who ARE willing deserve at least a little credit for that "support"? Idk...
    No, they don't. You shouldn't be rewarded for not being a bigot. That's setting the bar way too low.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Thanks - and I totally agree with your bubble remark! Celebs can very easily surround themselves with "friends"/colleagues who are essentially just groupies/yes-men/etc. who will shower them with praise/acceptance no matter what they say/do. Or celebs can just hop on Twitter and instantly find (in some cases literally millions of) fans willing to vehemently defend them and dismiss anyone offering a conflicting perspective as "haters." Why bother trying to better yourself/broaden your mind when millions of people treat you like a god anyway?
    Exactly!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ugh, YES! I'm getting a bit off-topic here, but that change REALLY screwed me over too, and partially influenced my decision not to post a full year-end countdown for 2017 (since I haven't found a comparable free alternative site for making banners and such.) :x :x :x
    I've been using Facebook as a hosting site. I just make the pictures visible to me only, create the albums (for YEC songs, YEC albums, YEC artists, etc.) and keep it moving. I use Paint to make banners.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ooh, that's actually a new one on me! It looks like it was an iTunes Countdown single (leading into the album's release), but never got a full proper push? As I'm hearing it now for the first time, it's definitely a jam You were/are a pretty big fan of JHud, yeah? Or at least a few of her tunes...?
    Ooh, super glad to hear you like it! I am a fan of J-Hud's talent, and when she's given the right song, she's dangerous. "Where You At" was a pretty big hit on my charts.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    I'd love to know if/when you do!
    I'll let you know! I have a suspicion that not only does it hold that specific record, but that there's a sizeable gap back to #2, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • Ha, truly shading 2017 by closing out the year (and ringing in 2018) with a classic from 2011-2012.
    Well, "Titanium" is among my Top 10 songs ever, so I wouldn't call this umpteenth "Titanium" wave 2017 shade. 2017 was a decent year in music for me.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  16. #16641
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-01-18, 03:49

    Wednesday's Top 20 (January 3rd)

    01.(01) David Guetta - Titanium (feat. Sia)
    02.(NE) Lorde - The Louvre (Highest Debut)
    03.(RE) David Guetta - Night of Your Life (feat. Jennifer Hudson) (Best Comeback)
    04.(RE) Foster the People - Pay the Man
    05.(RE) Ella Eyre - Comeback
    06.(RE) Sean Paul - Got 2 Luv U (feat. Alexis Jordan)
    07.(RE) George Michael - You Have Been Loved
    08.(RE) Madonna - Love Tried to Welcome Me
    09.(RE) Jessie Ware - Selfish Love
    10.(NE) Lorde - Sober
    11.(RE) Ariana Grande - Into You
    12.(NE) Lorde - Supercut
    13.(RE) Sia - Cheap Thrills
    14.(RE) Madonna - Miles Away
    15.(RE) Taylor Swift - Delicate
    16.(RE) Katy Perry - Bigger Than Me
    17.(RE) Madonna - Jimmy Jimmy
    18.(RE) Rihanna - Man Down
    19.(RE) Whitney Houston - I Bow Out
    20.(RE) Frank Sinatra - My Way
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  17. #16642
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,611
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-01-18, 12:31

    You seem to have kicked off 2018 with a classic and empowering anthem! - What a great way to celebrate the beginning of 2018! "Titanium" is great! - I also love Guetta's "Night Of Your Life". It's nice to see one the very few good and brilliant tracks by Sean Paul on your chart! - "Into You", "Delicate", "Miles Away" and YEEEEEEEEEEES "Bigger Than Me" are brilliant chocies as well!

    Good chart!

  18. #16643
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 05-01-18, 02:55

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    You seem to have kicked off 2018 with a classic and empowering anthem! - What a great way to celebrate the beginning of 2018! "Titanium" is great! - I also love Guetta's "Night Of Your Life". It's nice to see one the very few good and brilliant tracks by Sean Paul on your chart! - "Into You", "Delicate", "Miles Away" and YEEEEEEEEEEES "Bigger Than Me" are brilliant chocies as well!

    Good chart!
    Yeah, "Titanium" is definitely one of my favourite songs of all-time. It's perhaps Top 5 at this point.

    I feel like you were the one that got me into "Bigger Than Me," so thanks for that!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  19. #16644
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 05-01-18, 03:00

    Thursday's Top 20 (January 4th)

    01.(10) Lorde - Sober (Greatest Gainer)
    02.(RE) Bruno Mars - Finesse (feat. Cardi B) (Best Comeback)
    03.(02) Lorde - The Louvre (Biggest Free Faller)
    04.(RE) Little Mix - Wings
    05.(RE) Lorde - Tennis Court
    06.(RE) Mariah Carey - Hero
    07.(12) Lorde - Supercut
    08.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite
    09.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    10.(RE) Hurts - Wonderful Life
    11.(RE) Sia - Day Too Soon
    12.(RE) Miley Cyrus - The Climb
    13.(RE) Lorde - Royals
    14.(RE) Mary Mary - Shackles (Praise You)
    15.(RE) Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine
    16.(RE) Lorde - Team
    17.(RE) Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley)
    18.(RE) G-Eazy - No Limit (feat. A$AP Rocky, Cardi B, French Montana, Juicy J, & Belly)
    19.(RE) Katy Perry - Rise
    20.(RE) Kylie Minogue - All the Lovers
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  20. #16645
    Spartan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,685
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 05-01-18, 22:48

    Literally haven’t listened to Aphrodite (song nor album) in years but it had a couple of bangers on it. Yay for Pocketful Of Sunshine, Natasha became a Mum the other day, that song always puts me in a summery mood!

  21. #16646
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 06-01-18, 03:48

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    Literally haven’t listened to Aphrodite (song nor album) in years but it had a couple of bangers on it. Yay for Pocketful Of Sunshine, Natasha became a Mum the other day, that song always puts me in a summery mood!
    Happy New Year, Pete!

    The title track screams positivity and self-confidence. It's one of Kylie's finest songs. I follow Natasha on Facebook, so I knew she was pregnant, but I didn't know she'd given birth yet. Good for her. Hope her child is healthy and lets her get some decent hours of sleep.

    "Pocketful of Sunshine" does the same for me. It's on a 'Lift Me Up' playlist that I go to when I have a rough work day.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  22. #16647
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 06-01-18, 03:56

    Friday's Top 20 (January 5th)

    01.(01) Lorde - Sober
    02.(02) Bruno Mars - Finesse (feat. Cardi B)
    03.(03) Lorde - The Louvre
    04.(RE) Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (Best Comeback)
    05.(RE) Paramore - Brick by Boring Brick
    06.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
    07.(RE) Girls Aloud - Untouchable
    08.(RE) Beyoncé - Run the World (Girls)
    09.(NE) Miguel - Come Through and Chill (feat. J. Cole) (Highest Debut)
    10.(RE) Katy Perry - Roulette
    11.(RE) Shania Twain - I'm Alright
    12.(RE) Miguel - Sky Walker
    13.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Love
    14.(RE) Kanye West - Monster (feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver, & Nicki Minaj)
    15.(17) Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley) (Greatest Gainer)
    16.(RE) Kesha - Rainbow
    17.(RE) Paramore - Crushcrushcrush
    18.(RE) Lorde - Homemade Dynamite
    19.(RE) Ariana Grande - Moonlight
    20.(RE) Paramore - Still into You
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  23. #16648
    phoenix98's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,408
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 07-01-18, 02:00

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    The latter, bolded bit.
    Right on. So you'll have some friend time, some family time...and hopefully some f**king time too. ;) ;) ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    No, they don't. You shouldn't be rewarded for not being a bigot. That's setting the bar way too low.
    Ha, fair point. A part of me wants to acknowledge any positive/community-friendly behavior as a way to (ideally) encourage similar behavior in others...but I can see how being too quick to show gratitude/commendation sends the message that we don't automatically deserve that basic level of respect anyway (like everyone else.) I guess it's like thanking someone for greeting you with a handshake instead of a face-slap...

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    I've been using Facebook as a hosting site. I just make the pictures visible to me only, create the albums (for YEC songs, YEC albums, YEC artists, etc.) and keep it moving. I use Paint to make banners.
    Ah, that Facebook workaround is really clever! Thanks! I might have underestimated Paint too (I don't think I've ever seriously explored/toyed around with it...)

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Well, "Titanium" is among my Top 10 songs ever, so I wouldn't call this umpteenth "Titanium" wave 2017 shade. 2017 was a decent year in music for me.
    Maybe I was a little too quick to see "Titanium"s latest achievement in a negative light. It was just somewhat surprising to find it on top at a time when year-end nostalgia is usually in full force. Granted, your very first No. 1 of 2016 was "Dancing Queen"...

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    01.(01) Lorde - Sober
    02.(02) Bruno Mars - Finesse (feat. Cardi B)
    03.(03) Lorde - The Louvre
    04.(RE) Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (Best Comeback)
    06.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
    07.(RE) Girls Aloud - Untouchable
    08.(RE) Beyoncé - Run the World (Girls)
    10.(RE) Katy Perry - Roulette
    15.(17) Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley) (Greatest Gainer)
    16.(RE) Kesha - Rainbow
    18.(RE) Lorde - Homemade Dynamite
    19.(RE) Ariana Grande - Moonlight
    20.(RE) Paramore - Still into You
    • On my first listen through "Sober", I'm a little let-down by the understated chorus after the catchy/hypnotic "but my hips have missed your hips..." pre-chorus. I can definitely see why you'd respect the lyrics in this one, though - some impactful, thought-provoking stuff (aka Lorde being Lorde.)
    • I was hoping to see "Finesse" on top after I noticed you sharing some kind words over in its thread, but a chart run of 2-2 is still a VERY solid start! I hadn't been paying much attention to the 24K Magic era in a while (I'd already played "Versace" so much back when it was a promo single in late 2016 that I didn't really get back into it when it became the third official single, and I didn't even realize "Chunky" was a kinda-sorta-proper single until I was reading an article about the new version of "Finesse"), but this remix (and its video) have really put Bruno back on my brain!
    • Lovin' the random "Rainbow" re-entry! Of the three recent pop-girls-go-rock/country-ish albums (Joanne, Rainbow, and Younger Now), I was the most pleasantly surprised by Rainbow.

    Yet another intoxicating chart, Akini!

  24. #16649
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 07-01-18, 03:55

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Right on. So you'll have some friend time, some family time...and hopefully some f**king time too. ;) ;) ;)
    I love your new avi! It's very weather-appropriate!

    To complete the trinity of F's. You know, I still haven't arrived at that "Express Yourself"/"Honey" phase of my life. I'm more in a..."Fantasy" sort of period. In good time, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ha, fair point. A part of me wants to acknowledge any positive/community-friendly behavior as a way to (ideally) encourage similar behavior in others...but I can see how being too quick to show gratitude/commendation sends the message that we don't automatically deserve that basic level of respect anyway (like everyone else.) I guess it's like thanking someone for greeting you with a handshake instead of a face-slap...
    Precisely.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ah, that Facebook workaround is really clever! Thanks! I might have underestimated Paint too (I don't think I've ever seriously explored/toyed around with it...)
    Granted, my banners aren't anything special, but Paint is a fantastically simple tool for resizing, collage-ing, etc. It's so underrated. Even if it's not a big production, I'm curious to see what your year-end wrap-up looks like.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Maybe I was a little too quick to see "Titanium"s latest achievement in a negative light. It was just somewhat surprising to find it on top at a time when year-end nostalgia is usually in full force. Granted, your very first No. 1 of 2016 was "Dancing Queen"...
    Year-end nostalgia doesn't always prevail. Other January 1 chart-toppers have been: "Firework" (New Year's-appropriate anthem), "Poison" (WTF was going on with me then...but I guess it is a low-key bop, though I have to class it as a random discovery), "Just a Fool" (year-end countdown effect), "Pretty Hurts," (year-end countdown effect), and "I'm Alive" (New Year's-appropriate anthem). So the only outlier is "Poison" really.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • On my first listen through "Sober", I'm a little let-down by the understated chorus after the catchy/hypnotic "but my hips have missed your hips..." pre-chorus. I can definitely see why you'd respect the lyrics in this one, though - some impactful, thought-provoking stuff (aka Lorde being Lorde.)
    "Sober" is a winner more for its eclectic, experimental, but punchy pop production, and clever intonation inserts, than its admittedly fantastic lyrical content. I think it's the best Melodrama song by some margin. It just may be her best song yet actually! It's definitely worth a revisit, I can assure you.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • I was hoping to see "Finesse" on top after I noticed you sharing some kind words over in its thread, but a chart run of 2-2 is still a VERY solid start! I hadn't been paying much attention to the 24K Magic era in a while (I'd already played "Versace" so much back when it was a promo single in late 2016 that I didn't really get back into it when it became the third official single, and I didn't even realize "Chunky" was a kinda-sorta-proper single until I was reading an article about the new version of "Finesse"), but this remix (and its video) have really put Bruno back on my brain!
    Well, "Finesse" is already a #1 hit here, after peaking there on December 9, 2016. The remix 'should' have rocketed the song back to the top, but Lorde is a massive force right now, so she'll be keeping folks at bay for the foreseeable future. I am pleased with the remix, though. The original, for me, is still superior - it was my initial favourite 24K Magic track, and its parent album was my #2 LP of 2016, behind only the masterpiece that is Lemonade - but the remix is solid, and gives the song a fresh, perhaps even cooler, slant that I can appreciate. The video is disgustingly 90s, and so much fun to watch!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • Lovin' the random "Rainbow" re-entry! Of the three recent pop-girls-go-rock/country-ish albums (Joanne, Rainbow, and Younger Now), I was the most pleasantly surprised by Rainbow.
    Well, Younger Now is barely music, so I get that, but Joanne is really impressive, so Rainbow is relegated to the middle for me.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  25. #16650
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,403
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 07-01-18, 04:01

    Saturday's Top 20 (January 6th)

    01.(01) Lorde - Sober
    02.(NE) Justin Timberlake - Filthy (Highest Debut)
    03.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Butterfly
    04.(03) Lorde - The Louvre
    05.(RE) Céline Dion - I'm Alive (Best Comeback)
    06.(RE) Sam Smith - Him
    07.(RE) Kylie Minogue - On a Night Like This
    08.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Please Stay
    09.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Your Disco Needs You
    10.(NE) Kylie Minogue - So Now Goodbye
    11.(02) Bruno Mars - Finesse (feat. Cardi B) (Biggest Free Faller)
    12.(RE) Lorde - Writer in the Dark
    13.(RE) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
    14.(RE) Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
    15.(RE) Portugal. The Man - So Young
    16.(RE) Lorde - Supercut
    17.(RE) Sam Smith - Pray
    18.(18) Lorde - Homemade Dynamite
    19.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around
    20.(NE) Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama)
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •