User Tag List

Page 710 of 710 FirstFirst ... 210610660700708709710
Results 17,726 to 17,740 of 17740

Thread: Akini's Daily Top 20: #1 Leather-studded kiss in the sand...

  1. #17726
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-03-19, 11:17

    Tuesday's Top 20 (March 12th)

    01.(01) Ariana Grande - In My Head
    02.(RE) George Michael - Careless Whisper (Best Comeback)
    03.(RE) Janet Jackson - I Get Lonely
    04.(RE) Florence + the Machine - Spectrum
    05.(RE) RuPaul - Main Event
    06.(08) Ariana Grande - Ghostin (Greatest Gainer)
    07.(RE) Adele - Love in the Dark
    08.(NE) Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' on but the Rent (Highest Debut)
    09.(RE) Ariana Grande - Fake Smile
    10.(RE) Frank Ocean - Nights
    11.(RE) RuPaul - Jealous of My Boogie
    12.(RE) Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
    13.(RE) Frank Ocean - Self Control
    14.(RE) Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
    15.(RE) RuPaul - Kitty Girl (feat. Kennedy Davenport, Shangela, Bebe Zahara Benet, & Trixie Mattel)
    16.(RE) Céline Dion - Taking Chances
    17.(RE) Ariana Grande - Needy
    18.(RE) Frank Ocean - Futura Free
    19.(RE) Ariana Grande - Break Up with Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
    20.(RE) Ariana Grande - Imagine
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  2. #17727

  3. #17728
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 06:24

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Wow, Jealous of My Boogie is a flashback to the 90s.
    I'll always remember it being the soundtrack to the crowing of my favourite Drag Race Queen.
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  4. #17729
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 06:30

    Wednesday's Top 20 (March 13th)

    01.(RE) Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama) (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) Rihanna - Diamonds
    03.(RE) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
    04.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Roof
    05.(RE) Lorde - Green Light
    06.(RE) Taylor Swift - Enchanted
    07.(RE) Ariana Grande - Breathin
    08.(RE) Lorde - Sober
    09.(RE) Beyoncé - Why Don't You Love Me
    10.(RE) BŘRNS - 10,000 Emerald Pools
    11.(RE) Lana Del Rey - High by the Beach
    12.(08) Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' on but the Rent ​(Biggest Free Faller)
    13.(RE) Madonna - Jump
    14.(RE) Mariah Carey - Faded
    15.(RE) Patti LaBelle - I'm in Love Again
    16.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness
    17.(RE) Taylor Swift - Fearless
    18.(RE) The Heels - Ex-Rated
    19.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful
    20.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Smoke Break
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  5. #17730
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-03-19, 04:12

    Thursday's Top 20 (March 14th)

    01.(RE) Mariah Carey - I Still Believe (Best Comeback)
    02.(07) Ariana Grande - Breathin (Greatest Gainer)
    03.(NE) JVZEL - Tired Af (Highest Debut)
    04.(02) Rihanna - Diamonds
    05.(10) BŘRNS - 10,000 Emerald Pools
    06.(RE) Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
    07.(RE) Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad
    08.(RE) George Michael - One More Try
    09.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    10.(RE) P!nk - Try
    11.(RE) Ariana Grande - Bloodline
    12.(NE) Céline Dion - Show Some Emotion
    13.(RE) Janet Jackson - Trust a Try
    14.(RE) Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water
    15.(12) Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' on but the Rent (Biggest Free Faller)
    16.(RE) Hozier - Nina Cried Power (feat. Mavis Staples)
    17.(NE) Céline Dion - If You Could See Me Now
    18.(RE) Céline Dion - If You Asked Me To
    19.(RE) Adele - Tired
    20.(RE) Céline Dion - Love Can Move Mountains
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  6. #17731
    phoenix98's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,360
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-03-19, 16:30

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Yep! Did you hear that "Shallow" is apparently the most-awarded song in music history now?
    I hadn't, and admittedly, my immediate reaction to that statement was skepticism A quick Google shows that factoid being passed around Gaga Daily, Church of Pop, Flop of the Pops...but no news outlets (yet). I mean, I can't disprove it offhand, but if we're counting things ranging from "Digital Spy Reader Awards" to "Iowa Film Critics Awards" to "VEVO Certified Award," I'm surprised that no other song has EVER amassed that many across our wide world. Its success has been wonderful to watch unfold, so I don't mean to dump on or belittle its many triumphs. It's just the broadness of "most awarded" strikes me as stan-fueled sensationalized clickbait (especially now that I've seen where that headline seems to have originated). Sorry, I'm taking this WAY too seriously/literally Go Gaga go! #slaylow

    I don't often show "I Still Believe" much love, so it's refreshing to see you highlighting one of Mariah's "lesser" 90's hits (aka it didn't go to No. 1). The thing that usually pops into my mind about this song is its boobtastic single art (not shamin, just sayin). Well, and the fact that it seemed slightly shady of her to cover (and completely eclipse) Brenda's ONLY hit as a "tribute" so now the song will forever be associated with Mariah instead. Granted, it might not have been Mariah's choice to make her version into a single. Any thoughts on the Pure Imagination remix?
    • On one hand, it's always great to have "Breathin" around...but that, combined with "I Still Believe" and "In My Head"s recent domination, has me wondering if life has taken a messier turn lately. Not to over-analyze and desperately try to connect every hit here to your personal life, of course Just want to check in/reach out for my own curiosity's sake as well...

    Yet another chart that's beyond belief, Akini!

  7. #17732

  8. #17733
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    23,288
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-03-19, 20:31

    04.(02) Rihanna - Diamonds
    09.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    10.(RE) P!nk - Try
    18.(RE) Céline Dion - If You Asked Me To

    All these are great!

  9. #17734
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-03-19, 03:52

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98 View Post
    I hadn't, and admittedly, my immediate reaction to that statement was skepticism A quick Google shows that factoid being passed around Gaga Daily, Church of Pop, Flop of the Pops...but no news outlets (yet). I mean, I can't disprove it offhand, but if we're counting things ranging from "Digital Spy Reader Awards" to "Iowa Film Critics Awards" to "VEVO Certified Award," I'm surprised that no other song has EVER amassed that many across our wide world. Its success has been wonderful to watch unfold, so I don't mean to dump on or belittle its many triumphs. It's just the broadness of "most awarded" strikes me as stan-fueled sensationalized clickbait (especially now that I've seen where that headline seems to have originated). Sorry, I'm taking this WAY too seriously/literally Go Gaga go! #slaylow
    Yeah, I never did any digging to verify the source, but it was particularly shocking since the song is barely six months old. It hasn't even gone through the full award season year yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98 View Post
    I don't often show "I Still Believe" much love, so it's refreshing to see you highlighting one of Mariah's "lesser" 90's hits (aka it didn't go to No. 1). The thing that usually pops into my mind about this song is its boobtastic single art (not shamin, just sayin). Well, and the fact that it seemed slightly shady of her to cover (and completely eclipse) Brenda's ONLY hit as a "tribute" so now the song will forever be associated with Mariah instead. Granted, it might not have been Mariah's choice to make her version into a single. Any thoughts on the Pure Imagination remix?
    A co-worker of mine was humming and singing "I Still Believe" yesterday, so that brought it to the fore for me. It's not her finest, but it's gorgeous still. I don't remember the Pure Imagination remix, so I'll have to revisit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98 View Post
    • On one hand, it's always great to have "Breathin" around...but that, combined with "I Still Believe" and "In My Head"s recent domination, has me wondering if life has taken a messier turn lately. Not to over-analyze and desperately try to connect every hit here to your personal life, of course Just want to check in/reach out for my own curiosity's sake as well...

    Yet another chart that's beyond belief, Akini!
    On the plus side, I met up with a really cool guy lately, one without any of the...complications of the other guy, and we had a fun night. It's really amazing some of the lives people are out here living.

    On the negative side, work is kinda killing me. I've worked seven days straight for the last three weeks, and I'm going to have to do the same this weekend. Once this month ends, I'll be able to...breathe a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    The title of the thread made me think of this
    Oh, she does music outside of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? Cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    04.(02) Rihanna - Diamonds
    09.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    10.(RE) P!nk - Try
    18.(RE) Céline Dion - If You Asked Me To

    All these are great!
    Glad you like them!
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  10. #17735
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-03-19, 03:59

    Friday's Top 20 (March 15th)

    01.(RE) Mariah Carey - Fly Like a Bird (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) ABBA - I Have a Dream
    03.(RE) Taylor Swift - Delicate
    04.(RE) Céline Dion - It's All Coming Back to Me Now
    05.(RE) Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
    06.(RE) Taylor Swift - Sparks Fly
    07.(RE) Rihanna - Rude Boy
    08.(07) Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad
    09.(RE) Taylor Swift - Love Story
    10.(RE) Mariah Carey - 8th Grade
    11.(RE) Taylor Swift - You Belong with Me
    12.(05) BŘRNS - 10,000 Emerald Pools (Biggest Free Faller)
    13.(NE) Maren Morris - A Song for Everything (Highest Debut)
    14.(RE) Mariah Carey - With You
    15.(RE) Taylor Swift - The Way I Loved You
    16.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Unless It's with You
    17.(RE) Taylor Swift - Better Than Revenge
    18.(RE) Taylor Swift - Speak Now
    19.(RE) Taylor Swift - Fearless
    20.(RE) Céline Dion - If You Could See Me Now
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  11. #17736
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 17-03-19, 05:48

    Saturday's Top 20 (March 16th)

    01.(RE) Mariah Carey - I'll Be There (feat. Trey Lorenz) (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Roof
    03.(RE) Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry
    04.(RE) Taylor Swift - Forever & Always
    05.(NE) Melii - HML (feat. A Boogie wit da Hoodie) (Highest Debut)
    06.(RE) Donna Summer - She Works Hard for the Money
    07.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream
    08.(RE) Imagine Dragons - Demons
    09.(RE) Taylor Swift - ...Ready for It?
    10.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Chaser
    11.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Drinking Alone
    12.(RE) Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
    13.(NE) Dua Lipa - Genesis
    14.(13) Maren Morris - A Song for Everything
    15.(RE) Cher - Working Girl
    16.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Love Wins
    17.(09) Taylor Swift - Love Story (Biggest Free Faller)
    18.(RE) Mariah Carey - Emotions
    19.(RE) Rihanna - Work (feat. Drake)
    20.(RE) Carrie Underwood - I Know You Won't
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  12. #17737
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 18-03-19, 03:53

    Sunday's Top 20 (March 17th)

    01.(RE) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (Best Comeback)
    02.(17) Taylor Swift - Love Story (Greatest Gainer)
    03.(RE) Madonna - Like a Prayer
    04.(RE) Ellie Goulding - Lights
    05.(RE) Madonna - Keep It Together
    06.(RE) Madonna - Cherish
    07.(03) Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry (Biggest Free Faller)
    08.(RE) Madonna - Love Tried to Welcome Me
    09.(RE) Mariah Carey - Giving Me Life
    10.(RE) The Weeknd - Often
    11.(RE) Aretha Franklin - Think
    12.(NE) LOOΠΔ - Butterfly (Highest Debut)
    13.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Beautiful Ones (feat. Dru Hill)
    14.(RE) Tina Turner - Till the Right Man Comes Along
    15.(RE) Mariah Carey - Outisde
    16.(NE) Shea Couleé - Cocky
    17.(RE) Mariah Carey - Vanishing
    18.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Good Form
    19.(RE) Madonna - Human Nature
    20.(RE) Cardi B - Money Bag
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  13. #17738
    cheapthrills's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 2016
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    7,941
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 18-03-19, 03:58

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Oh, she does music outside of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? Cool!
    Yes! She released a couple albums before the show (one non-seasonal and one seasonal) - this is the song that introduced me to her.

    Bad Romance was my #1 song of 2010

  14. #17739
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Yesterday, 04:54

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Yes! She released a couple albums before the show (one non-seasonal and one seasonal) - this is the song that introduced me to her.

    Bad Romance was my #1 song of 2010
    Ah, okay. I think I got through the first season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but I stopped afterwards because it really wasn't for me.

    Ah, good pick!
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  15. #17740
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,082
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Yesterday, 04:59

    Monday's Top 20 (March 18th)

    01.(RE) Sia - Chandelier (Best Comeback)
    02.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Raining Glitter
    03.(RE) Mariah Carey - Crybaby
    04.(RE) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
    05.(RE) SZA - Pretty Little Birds (feat. Isaiah Rashad)
    06.(RE) Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
    07.(RE) Delta Goodrem - I'm Not Giving Up
    08.(RE) The Weeknd - The Hills
    09.(RE) Lady Gaga - The Fame
    10.(RE) Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine
    11.(RE) The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
    12.(RE) Taylor Swift - New Romantics
    13.(RE) Madonna - Joan of Arc
    14.(RE) The Weeknd - Wicked Games
    15.(RE) Frank Ocean - Ivy
    16.(RE) Pitbull - Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera)
    17.(RE) SZA - The Weekend
    18.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
    19.(RE) Lady Gaga - Diamond Heart
    20.(NE) Summer Walker - Girls Need Love (feat. Drake) (Highest Debut)
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •