Thread: Sign Language

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri October 16th, 2009, 22:52

I find it really interesting that people can communicate using their hands and I think I want to start to learn it. I've told a few people that I'm thnking about it and the reactions have been mostly 'That is really random. :-?' Which is true, it is, but I want to learn something and I truly find it fascinating.

Does anyone on here know sign language?

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

by Fri October 16th, 2009, 22:55

I can sign language the alphabet but that's pretty much it. I got taught it when I was about 10 and I've never forgotten it.

I can also sign languuage w*nker.

by Fri October 16th, 2009, 23:00

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    I can sign language the alphabet but that's pretty much it.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sat October 17th, 2009, 00:21

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    I can also sign languuage w*nker.

I found a site with basic stuff on and it and it seems quite easy to remember.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by Sat October 17th, 2009, 02:56

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    I find it really interesting that people can communicate using their hands and I think I want to start to learn it. I've told a few people that I'm thnking about it and the reactions have been mostly 'That is really random. :-?' Which is true, it is, but I want to learn something and I truly find it fascinating.
    I feel the same way...I've been fascinated with sign language for many years and I've often thought about going to learn it. May come in handy one day, you never know. I can't help but look at deaf people when they communicate, which I know is a bit rude, but its truly because I'm fascinated by it.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by Mon July 15th, 2019, 09:27

The interesting thing is that the sign language isn't universal, various countries have quite significant differences.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

by Mon July 15th, 2019, 23:08

It's really a difficult language.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

by Tue July 16th, 2019, 01:52

A few weeks ago, I was given a ride by an Uber driver who was deaf. While he was driving me, I decided to research how to say thank you in sign language. I already knew how to introduce myself and say "My name is T" (I forgot the other letter). Once he dropped me off at home, I said Thank You in sign language and I can tell he was pleasantly surprised.... He was very handsome too. I should have gotten his number.
    Diva!!!