User Tag List

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2677

Thread: Paulboard Top 30 | 02.22.19 | a rain parade from Hell...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-02-19, 20:54

I love that we can do tables now and now I got a notification you quoted me.

So excited for the new forum

Also, I guess I have to check out Terror Jr.

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 12:33

Big shake up in your charts this week, but nice to see Allie X still holding on in your top 30. I thought the whole 'Analog' thing she's been doing lately was quite interesting, but still doesn't beat the original/studio recordings for me.
    In response to your question on my page, please do check out CollXtion I by her. It's a lovely body of work with standouts for me being Catch, Prime and the magnificent Never Enough. I'm curious to hear what you think and even curiouser to see if they make any impact on your chart, we'll see...

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-02-19, 09:49

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98 View Post
    Same to you, sir! It seems like you had a pretty amazing 2018 (success in love, at work, on trips, and more), so hopefully 2019 will turn out just as well (or even better...)

Aw, that's a pretty massive step! You've gotta fill in a few more details there! ;) My holiday enthusiasm has definitely dampened with age (not TOO shockingly), but it was still nice enough.

It was! It cracked the Hot 100 Top 5, so maybe my local stations just snubbed it back in the day (or I just didn't care for it as a kid, so I always changed the channel), which is why it doesn't ring many bells now So "Never Ever," "Pure Shores," "Black Coffee"...can I get two more picks to complete an All Saints Top 5 from you? I'm not ready to dive into a full album of theirs right now, but I'm open to adding your favorite five to my library.

**Nod** I always felt that way whenever I'd hear the jazz band in high school, and it still has that effect on the rare occasion that my Dad drags me to a jazz show now.

Not. even. CLOSE!

"Baby" has me hooked in a BIG way right now, and I'd love to hear more about your Marina faves! I only have a handful of her singles in my library, and her biggest Paulboard hits (as the lead) have been "Primadonna," "Oh No!," and "How To Be A Heartbreaker."

YES! Not shocked - but still relieved and appreciative - to see that you approve. <3

Thanks again, Fan!
    Thank you <3

Haha! Yes, it feels like such a long time already, but it was just super lovely. Spend almost 1,5 week there during the holidays and it was just very relaxing. A lot of eating, meeting friends, going for long walks in nature and have a drink in the pub afterwards. My in-laws are super lovely as well, so that is always a big plus ofcourse.
    Yeah, that makes sense! It is usually more exciting when you are a little kid.

Ofcourse! Those three are most definitely my favourite All Saints songs, although I do love Bootie Call as well. From their more recents song, I would pick Love Lasts Forever, After All, One Strike and This Is A War.

Haha, bless!!

Yessss. I adore Marina <3 My favourite would include the album tracks Are You Satisfied? and Obsessions, but also Happy and Hollywood. I Am Not A Robot would be my all time favourite though. And she is releasing a new song next week!!!!

I think I also know three songs out of your chart this week I do like the Lauv x Trove song quite a bit though.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-02-19, 19:32

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    I remember trying out the original Super Smash Bros on the N64 back in the day, but none of the sequels. Ooh...Lucario's a VERY badass choice! Have you been playing through the game's story mode, or mostly against your partner? Who does he like to use? Does the winner get any kind of prize...? ;)

Ah, I can totally understand wanting to play Let's Go on the TV - but I've actually been the total opposite I tried it that way once or twice, but otherwise I strongly prefer handheld mode (partially because that's how I've always played Pokémon games). I find it easier to notice all the little background and overworld details when the screen is closer to my face, so I'm able to get more immersed when I'm playing in handheld mode. The new catching method feels a lot easier in handheld too.
    Ohhhh so you actually tried out the best one <3 I was obsessed with the N64 version of Super Smash Bros and played it for hours! I did both, the stroy mode and playing against my partner. Both are fun – the story mode didn’t exist back in the days and is a very well done addition. My partner often choses the Mii Swordfighter, but he also likes to try out different characters. And no, no prize for the winner... but we didn’t fight against each other lately anymore, as I always won

Well, obviously I’ve also always played Pokemon games in handheld mode, but that’s exactly why I want to play that one on the ‚big screen’ – so on TV. But maybe I should finally pick it up again and play it in handheld mode – even though I won’t have the experience that I was hoping for (or that I expected), it would probably be better than not playing at all... still didn’t catch up to be honest :(

Well said! Christina's a great example, since she's been out even longer than Nelly and hasn't scored a big hit (of her own/without a collabo) in quite a while, yet even her recent "flop" album debuted inside the Top 20 (often Top 10) most places. For whatever reason, people just completely bailed on Nelly after Loose (granted, I'm kind of one of them, aside from "Spirit Indestructible," so...)
    Yes. I wonder why Nelly never got a similar fanbase as Christina, Britney & Co. because Nelly’s “Loose“ was so huge at that time, I don’t even think one of Christina’s or Britney’s eras were that big to be honest. Speaks for the musc but not for Nelly as an artist, which is weird because I feel she’s a much more interesting artists than the others.

Yeah...though, now that I think about it, she has made some questionable single choices over the years: "Guns And Horses" as the follow-up to "Starry Eyed," then both "Figure 8" and "Explosions" from Halcyon. Although "Close To Me" has definitely surpassed my initial disappointment with it, most of her other singles still do more for me. As of right now, it's my 28th-most-played Ellie song on last.fm out of ~70 (including album tracks)...so it's far from dead last, but a ways from the top too.
    ... oh... so... you don’t like “Figure 8“ and “Explosions“?
    Good to hear “Close To Me“ still made a pretty good impression on your after all. Even though I revisited it at the beginning of the year, it couldn’t get me back into the song :(

Ha, true, though I think that's how some J-Pop and K-Pop albums have worked (the era ends when the album finally drops after a string of singles). Like you said, though, I think What Is Love? still has some potential left, and since "Tears" and "Rockabye" were so long ago, it really doesn't feel like the album's had 6 singles already.
    Ah yeah, I already wondered why someone like BTS never did a proper single release after the album came out, that always seemed so weird to me and also kinda sad for the album campaign. But what works for our territories isn’t always what works everywhere.
    Yeah, Dua Lipa is a similar case. She already released so many singles prior the album, so it made sense how she still pushed a few more singles once the album came out and it paid off. Clean Bandit also reached a new peak on the UK Charts with the album lately, so pushing another single could be a smart move for them as well.

Yeah, maintaining a whole formal year-end countdown thread can feel like a bit of a chore sometimes (making sure to respond to everyone's comments and keep posting updates regularly enough that it doesn't take until February or March to finish) Kudos to you, Akini, Jake, and others for sticking with it and making it work! Hopefully you're not TOO mad about this end result for "Don't Leave Me Alone" I know you've got a soft spot for Anne-Marie, but I didn't think you were a huge fan of that particular single.
    Exactly! I didn’t have problems like I had in the previous years this time though, but I was prepared much better than the last 2-3 times. It really takes a lot of work. There were also some YECs where the posters didn’t reply to every comment, so that’s a way to do it as well. I try to reply to everyone though, even though it can take a lot of time, plus I also tried to check out all YECs this time again (similar to what I used to do for the weekly personal charts). Ah no, I like both artists but the song didn’t do that much for me, it only peaked at #20 on my weekly chart

Ha, I honestly didn't realize that I'd never mentioned my age to you before! I vaguely recall you and I talking about how you prefer older men (who don't actually look much older), so I joked about how I sort of fit that mold... ;)

Also: I think I completely missed your birthday, and I'm seriously sorry for that Hopefully your man showed you a damn good time, and if there's any way I can make it up to you... ;)
    Well I think you never really said it but you already made a few comments that led me to think what your age may be. Not that it’s something really important or so, but as I said, it’s always cool to get to know a few more things from some people here.

Aww that’s cute and absolutely no problem! I never really made my birthday public on here (like in the Birthday topic that exist(ed) somewhere) plus I know social media isn’t your favorite thing (as facebook would be the only other way to get to know my Birthday). I’m not someone who think that’s a very important day anyway – it’s a day like many others

Uugggghhhhh :x I hate to think you're right about that, but you probably do have a point there... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah, I was pretty shocked too, but it skyrocketed once all the holiday tunes vanished from the UK chart: 60 - 61 - 50 - 80 - 19 - *11* - ?
    Unfortunately :( That’s also the only explanation to me why someone like Troye never really took off despite having a huge fanbase. The GP still doesn’t seem to be used to these ‚gay bops’.

Oh, I had no idea it skyrocketed like that That’s really a very unusual jump out of a sudden... good for everyone involved though!

Definitely! Good observation. The last case was SZA's "Prom," which initially went to No. 1 last February, then returned to the top in August (since some of the lyrics felt especially relevant around my birthday). Machine Gun Kelly's "Bad Things" had a similar fate: debuting at No. 1 in October 2016, then rebounding in January 2017 (thanks to year-end hype, and that might've been when it started smashing on the Hot 100 too).
    Ah, so that’s really a rare case to see a song reaching the top after debuting so long ago. I love such a big effect coming from checking the album out! “Solo“ remains one of my most favorite Clean Bandit songs ever, actually only behind “Symphony“ when I think about it...

I don't usually seek out Mike's new releases, but I gave this one a try on a whim, and I was pleasantly surprised! It kind of sounds like what I expected from JT's Man Of The Woods material.
    Ah, that comparison makes sense. Have you checked out the whole album by Mike by now? I did and it’s not that outstanding for me. I actually prefer the previous one a lot more.

Thanks again, Tancel! (Hopefully you really DO love these nicknames, because I'll keep using them until you say otherwise...)
    I LOVE these nicknames so please keep using them!!

...that's it for now! I have to catch up with the 2-3 charts I've missed tomorrow!

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 13:24

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 02/01/19

02 (NE) 01 "I'm So Tired" Lauv ft. Troye Sivan 2 (1)
    08 (24) 10 "Thank U, Next" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [P]
    16 (23) 05 "Mama" Clean Bandit ft. Ellie Goulding 3 [G]
    26 (15) 07 "Lucky Strike" Troye Sivan 5 [G]
    27 (13) 11 "Solo" Clean Bandit ft. Demi Lovato 1 (2) [2xP]
    30 (26) 06 "Nevermind" Jess Glynne 2 (1) [P]
    Huge debut for "I'm So Tired". It's a good song, but that's it for me :( Basically everything on Troye's album is better. However, it's nice to finally hear a full song with Lauv, as I actually never checked his stuff out so far.

Great rebound for "Thank U, Next", and good to see "Mama" and "Solo" holding on.

Also, what I missed from two weeks ago:
    06 (NE) 01 | "Dancing With A Stranger" - Sam Smith ft. Normani | 6
    08 (13) 03 | "Without Me" - Halsey | 8 | [G]

Great debut for "Dancing With A Stranger". Love it and it's growing on me at the moment. So happy for Normani that she's on another hit now. Also impressive to see Halsey reaching a new peak and going Gold!

From one week ago:
    07 (NE) 01 | "7 Rings" - Ariana Grande | 7

Based on your comment on my charts I shouldn't be surprised that this left the charts after one week at #7. A very terrible result for an Ariana Grande song on your charts

On a side note... your old updates look so fine in the new forum. My charts got messed up

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 06-02-19, 04:10

Yeah, your #1 touched me. Just. A. Bit! It's perfect for Valentine's Day!

I'm less impressed with "I'm So Tired", but I just revisited "Lucky Strike" and I really like it now!

01 (NE) 01 "Happy Place" Terror Jr 1 (1)
    02 (NE) 01 "I'm So Tired" Lauv ft. Troye Sivan 2 (1)
    05 (01) 03 "Sunflower" Post Malone ft. Swae Lee 1 (1) [G]
    08 (24) 10 "Thank U, Next" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [P]
    16 (23) 05 "Mama" Clean Bandit ft. Ellie Goulding 3 [G]
    20 (RE) 14 "I Like Me Better" Lauv 1 (2) [2xP]
    26 (15) 07 "Lucky Strike" Troye Sivan 5 [G]
    27 (13) 11 "Solo" Clean Bandit ft. Demi Lovato 1 (2) [2xP]
    30 (26) 06 "Nevermind" Jess Glynne 2 (1) [P]

"More Than That" didn't go over well with me at first, but I warmed up to it a bit after a week or so (partially thanks to both you and Tansike showing it love). I don't think it's grown on me enough to enter here (yet), but I've started to feel the sexiness you've described.
    Glad that it's growing on you!
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-02-19, 16:15

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I love that we can do tables now and now I got a notification you quoted me.

So excited for the new forum
    For sure! It'll definitely take me a while to figure out/get used to all the new bells-n-whistles, but I'm liking the expanded options I've seen so far.

Also, I guess I have to check out Terror Jr.
    That you do I'm not sure if their material will be your cup of tea, but "Heartbreaks" was the single that sold me on them in the first place.

Thanks again, cheap!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-02-19, 16:20

Quote Originally Posted by GaGarazzi View Post
    Big shake up in your charts this week, but nice to see Allie X still holding on in your top 30. I thought the whole 'Analog' thing she's been doing lately was quite interesting, but still doesn't beat the original/studio recordings for me.
    Yeah, it was mostly the same story for me, but "Focus (Analog)" has been the one exception. It's such a simple addition, but for some reason those "la la la la la la la" runs really elevate my enjoyment of the track. Her voice is magical!

In response to your question on my page, please do check out CollXtion I by her. It's a lovely body of work with standouts for me being Catch, Prime and the magnificent Never Enough. I'm curious to hear what you think and even curiouser to see if they make any impact on your chart, we'll see...
    Huge "THANKS!" for nudging me to finally check out CollXtion I, because DAMN is it good I'd say it's her most consistent album/EP overall, with some of the tracks seriously shaking my soul...

Thanks again, GaGarazzi!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-02-19, 16:25

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Thank you <3
    On that note, how's your 2019 been so far?

Haha! Yes, it feels like such a long time already, but it was just super lovely. Spend almost 1,5 week there during the holidays and it was just very relaxing. A lot of eating, meeting friends, going for long walks in nature and have a drink in the pub afterwards. My in-laws are super lovely as well, so that is always a big plus of course.
    I might be reading too much into this/taking words too literally, but when you say "in-laws"...did you two get married?!? Or does it just feel like you already are? Exact marital status aside, it's really exciting and reassuring to hear that you got along so well with his family and his friends! Not that you aren't consistently charming, of course, but I always feel SUCH anxiety around pleasing those folks...

Of course! Those three are most definitely my favourite All Saints songs, although I do love Bootie Call as well. From their more recents song, I would pick Love Lasts Forever, After All, One Strike and This Is A War.
    Brilliant, thanks! Admittedly, I'm pretty pre-occupied with other albums right now, but I can add those tunes to my library and give them a proper chance during a slower release period.

Yessss. I adore Marina <3 My favourite would include the album tracks Are You Satisfied? and Obsessions, but also Happy and Hollywood. I Am Not A Robot would be my all time favourite though. And she is releasing a new song next week!!!!
    Ha, ditto for what I said above about being flooded with great tunes lately, but I'll definitely give Marina's newest offering a listen sometime this week!

I think I also know three songs out of your chart this week I do like the Lauv x Trove song quite a bit though.
    YES! Finally! I've been pretty shocked by that song's lukewarm reception around UKMIX. I get that it's short/could've been longer, but it's still catchy as hell! It does WAY more for me in 3ish minutes than a lot of other songs do in 4-5+.

Thanks again, Fan!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-02-19, 16:45

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Ohhhh so you actually tried out the best one <3 I was obsessed with the N64 version of Super Smash Bros and played it for hours! I did both, the stroy mode and playing against my partner. Both are fun – the story mode didn’t exist back in the days and is a very well done addition. My partner often choses the Mii Swordfighter, but he also likes to try out different characters. And no, no prize for the winner... but we didn’t fight against each other lately anymore, as I always won

Well, obviously I’ve also always played Pokemon games in handheld mode, but that’s exactly why I want to play that one on the ‚big screen’ – so on TV. But maybe I should finally pick it up again and play it in handheld mode – even though I won’t have the experience that I was hoping for (or that I expected), it would probably be better than not playing at all... still didn’t catch up to be honest :(
    Ah, so the original N64 version is your all-time-favorite in the series? Who was your favorite fighter in that one? Damn, congrats on consistently kicking your man's ass I didn't realize you're such a skilled fighter (though it makes sense now that I know you've loved the Smash Bros franchise for so long). I might be mis-remembering this, but wasn't your partner better at Pokken...?

It sounds not being able to play Let's Go! on the TV as often as you were hoping might've been the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to your enjoyment of the game. I'm sad to hear that, but it's pretty understandable, since you were just playing Yellow not long ago, Let's Go! are extra-simplified/kid-friendly, and you've never been that enticed by GO either. **Fingers crossed** the franchise can win you back with this year's proper new entry!

Yes. I wonder why Nelly never got a similar fanbase as Christina, Britney & Co. because Nelly’s “Loose“ was so huge at that time, I don’t even think one of Christina’s or Britney’s eras were that big to be honest. Speaks for the musc but not for Nelly as an artist, which is weird because I feel she’s a much more interesting artists than the others.
    Yeah, Nelly seemed to check all the boxes: well-known/much-loved radio smashes, absolutely gorgeous, plenty of "personality" (especially with how her Portugese heritage shaped her material and experiences with fame).

... oh... so... you don’t like “Figure 8“ and “Explosions“?
    Good to hear “Close To Me“ still made a pretty good impression on your after all. Even though I revisited it at the beginning of the year, it couldn’t get me back into the song :(
    Eh, "Explosions" is OK, but wouldn't have been one of my single picks from the original Halcyon. I should re-visit "Figure 8," but it felt like a SHOCKING follow-up to "Anything Could Happen" back then, and has always been a strong contender for my least favorite single of hers.

Yeah, Dua Lipa is a similar case. She already released so many singles prior the album, so it made sense how she still pushed a few more singles once the album came out and it paid off. Clean Bandit also reached a new peak on the UK Charts with the album lately, so pushing another single could be a smart move for them as well.
    **Nod** I'm really glad Dua kept the era going for a while longer (although the treatment of "Homesick" felt a bit sloppy...)

Exactly! I didn’t have problems like I had in the previous years this time though, but I was prepared much better than the last 2-3 times. It really takes a lot of work. There were also some YECs where the posters didn’t reply to every comment, so that’s a way to do it as well. I try to reply to everyone though, even though it can take a lot of time, plus I also tried to check out all YECs this time again (similar to what I used to do for the weekly personal charts). Ah no, I like both artists but the song didn’t do that much for me, it only peaked at #20 on my weekly chart
    Yeah, and I can totally understand that. I get in the headspace where I feel like I need to respond to every comment AND start following that person's countdown as well. Before long, I've put myself in a position where I need to comment on several countdowns and keep up with my own every. single. day. I want to show that I appreciate the time they took to check out mine and reciprocate that effort, but it can definitely lead to burnout.

Aww that’s cute and absolutely no problem! I never really made my birthday public on here (like in the Birthday topic that exist(ed) somewhere) plus I know social media isn’t your favorite thing (as facebook would be the only other way to get to know my Birthday). I’m not someone who think that’s a very important day anyway – it’s a day like many others
    Thanks for being so understanding about it! I still feel like I owe you better than that after all the comments you've left here/how much we've gotten to know each other, so I appreciate you not guilt-tripping me for being a flop friend.

Ah, so that’s really a rare case to see a song reaching the top after debuting so long ago. I love such a big effect coming from checking the album out! “Solo“ remains one of my most favorite Clean Bandit songs ever, actually only behind “Symphony“ when I think about it...
    Ah, not too shocking to hear that "Symphony" takes the top spot for you, but I love that "Solo" is a close (ish?) second! I still haven't heard all of Clean Bandit's earliest singles, but of the ones I do know, "Solo" and "Baby" have been the biggest standouts. Well, "Rather Be" wouldn't be TOO far behind...

Ah, that comparison makes sense. Have you checked out the whole album by Mike by now? I did and it’s not that outstanding for me. I actually prefer the previous one a lot more.
    I hadn't, so it's kind of reassuring to hear that it's probably not worth the time I've loved a few of Mike's singles over the years (and I really love his bawdy), but I haven't felt motivated to check out a full album of his yet.

I LOVE these nicknames so please keep using them!!
    Ha, glad to hear it! In that case, I should probably come up with more than just those two...

Huge debut for "I'm So Tired". It's a good song, but that's it for me :( Basically everything on Troye's album is better. However, it's nice to finally hear a full song with Lauv, as I actually never checked his stuff out so far.
    Ouch. I do love Bloom, but I'm definitely enjoying "I'm So Tired..." more than "The Good Side," ""What A Heavenly Way To Die," and "This This" (probably more than "Postcard" and "Animal" too). Although I wish UKMIXers were more enthusiastic about the track, I'm grateful that it at least pushed people to give Lauv a chance.

Based on your comment on my charts I shouldn't be surprised that this left the charts after one week at #7. A very terrible result for an Ariana Grande song on your charts
    Indeed. I'm happy for her success, and I'm glad she's enjoying her (hard-earned) wealth...but the song really isn't for me. At all. That said, I'd rank "Thank U, Next" among her all-time-best tunes (Top 10, probably), and I liked "Imagine" too, so I've still got high hopes for the new album! Hype!!

On a side note... your old updates look so fine in the new forum. My charts got messed up
    Aw, messed up how? When I look at your older charts now, the font appears bigger than I remember, but they still look pretty clean and easy to read overall. Although I'm excited for the potential of all the new UKMIX features, this transition definitely comes with some frustrations/growing pains too.

Thanks again, Tarcelike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-02-19, 16:50

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Yeah, your #1 touched me. Just. A. Bit! It's perfect for Valentine's Day!
    Learning that you got so much out of that song is the ultimate V-Day (or any holiday) gift for me! I guess now Rita's "Falling To Pieces" has some company on that (Anti)-V-Day playlist of yours...

I'm less impressed with "I'm So Tired", but I just revisited "Lucky Strike" and I really like it now!
    Damn. I really thought "I'm So Tired..." would be Lauv's golden opportunity to develop a stronger presence here on UKMIX (and around the world), but the response here seems to be nearly-universally "meh." I get that the song's short/could've been longer, but that doesn't feel like much of a true fault to me, and DAMN is it catchy!

Thanks again, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-02-19, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 02/08/19

• From a fabulous new Terror Jr album to a fabulous old Allie X EP, CollXtion I takes the chart by storm and secures the creative Canadian her third No. 1.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (NE) 01 "Sanctuary" Allie X 1 (1)
    02 (NE) 01 "Never Enough" Allie X 2 (1)
    03 (01) 02 "Happy Place" Terror Jr 1 (1) [G]
    04 (NE) 01 "Catch" Allie X 4
    05 (NE) 01 "Bitch" Allie X 5
    06 (21) 11 "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" Terror Jr 1 (2) [P]
    07 (03) 02 "Terrified" Terror Jr 3
    08 (04) 02 "Little Bit" Terror Jr 4
    09 (NE) 01 "Hello" Allie X 9
    10 (02) 02 "I'm So Tired..." Lauv ft. Troye Sivan 2 (1) [G]
    11 (NE) 01 "Tumor" Allie X 11
    12 (NE) 01 "Good" Allie X 12
    13 (06) 02 "Kinda Iconic" Terror Jr 6
    14 (05) 04 "Sunflower" Post Malone ft. Swae Lee 1 (1) [G]
    15 (09) 02 "Hungoverheadcrack" Terror Jr 9
    16 (08) 11 "Thank U, Next" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [P]
    17 (29) 04 "Focus (Analog Version)" Allie X 3 [G]
    18 (11) 02 "Have You" Terror Jr 11
    19 (NE) 01 "Love Me & Let Me Go" Ashley Tisdale 19
    20 (NE) 01 "Prime" Allie X 20
    21 (13) 02 "Favorite Bitch" Terror Jr 13
    22 (28) 02 "Loner" Terror Jr 22
    23 (NE) 01 "Bones" Galantis ft. OneRepublic 23
    24 (07) 04 "I Remember" Betty Who 1 (1) [G]
    25 (14) 02 "Yamaguchi" Terror Jr 14
    26 (24) 02 "Pretty" Terror Jr 24
    27 (NE) 01 "Bury A Friend" Billie Eilish 27
    28 (RE) 08 "Girl Of The Year" Allie X 1 (1) [P]
    29 (17) 04 "Just Thought You Should Know" Betty Who 2 (1) [G]
    30 (15) 26 "Heartbreaks" Terror Jr 1 (3) [4xP]

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT]= 50+ total plays

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 09:57

Haha I knew CollXtion I would be having some impact this week. I told you it was great!
    Especially happy to see Never Enough debuting at #2. That song is just divine!
    For me, my holy Allie trinity is Casanova, Never Enough and Science. She consistently releases a core shakers with each album/EP. Shame that Science doesn't seem to get much love over here #justice4science

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-19, 21:26

Ah, so the original N64 version is your all-time-favorite in the series? Who was your favorite fighter in that one? Damn, congrats on consistently kicking your man's ass I didn't realize you're such a skilled fighter (though it makes sense now that I know you've loved the Smash Bros franchise for so long). I might be mis-remembering this, but wasn't your partner better at Pokken...?

It sounds not being able to play Let's Go! on the TV as often as you were hoping might've been the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to your enjoyment of the game. I'm sad to hear that, but it's pretty understandable, since you were just playing Yellow not long ago, Let's Go! are extra-simplified/kid-friendly, and you've never been that enticed by GO either. **Fingers crossed** the franchise can win you back with this year's proper new entry!
    I usually picked Samus Aran who used to be my favorite character back then. Hehe, thanks! No, you’re right about Pokken, however I never really cared for that game to be honest with you so I never got into how to really play with the Pokémon there. Once I enjoy a game, I’m getting really, really good

That’s a very good point and may be the case… didn’t think about it yet but it would make sense. I hope so as well, otherwise I really have to take into consideration that I’m over Pokémon nowadays (since I also never got into Pokken; I know it’s not an usual Pokémon game but to be fair I’m also loving Smash Bros., so Pokémon + fighting should be something that I would like as well…).

Eh, "Explosions" is OK, but wouldn't have been one of my single picks from the original Halcyon. I should re-visit "Figure 8," but it felt like a SHOCKING follow-up to "Anything Could Happen" back then, and has always been a strong contender for my least favorite single of hers.
    Why did it feld like a shocking follow-up to “Anything Could Happen”? I thought it was (and still is) a TUNE “Explosions” wasn’t one of my faves either but grew a lot on me over the time, it’s very lovely. It was a similar situation with “How Long Will I Love You” which was by far my least favorite song on “Halcyon Days” but ended up as a song that I loved so much.

**Nod** I'm really glad Dua kept the era going for a while longer (although the treatment of "Homesick" felt a bit sloppy...)
    True, “Homesick” could have been a nice hit for her in several countries if they would have released it as a proper single everywhere. On the same side I think a proper release for “Homesick” would have been too much of Dua…

Yeah, and I can totally understand that. I get in the headspace where I feel like I need to respond to every comment AND start following that person's countdown as well. Before long, I've put myself in a position where I need to comment on several countdowns and keep up with my own every. single. day. I want to show that I appreciate the time they took to check out mine and reciprocate that effort, but it can definitely lead to burnout.
    Do you remember the days where I made (or tried) to follow EVERY personal charts and leave a comment there EVERY week? That took so much time and was quite stressful. I did it because I loved to do so, but in the end it was simply too much, so I stopped it. So I completely get your point. But, I really have to admit that I’d miss it a lot if you’d stop with comments on my charts. Well, not because I want a comment for my charts (ok, that’s a reason as well, but more like I’m interested in what you think about it) but more because of our conversation.

Thanks for being so understanding about it! I still feel like I owe you better than that after all the comments you've left here/how much we've gotten to know each other, so I appreciate you not guilt-tripping me for being a flop friend.
    Awww. You’re too sweet <3 Honestly, I didn’t even think about it until you mentioned it xD

Ah, not too shocking to hear that "Symphony" takes the top spot for you, but I love that "Solo" is a close (ish?) second! I still haven't heard all of Clean Bandit's earliest singles, but of the ones I do know, "Solo" and "Baby" have been the biggest standouts. Well, "Rather Be" wouldn't be TOO far behind...
    Hmm… can’t say if “Solo” is close to “Symphony” as they’re completely different IMO. “Solo” is such a fun pop song, love to sing along and it was huge during summer (also one of the songs I loved to listen to during my vacation)… on the other hand, “Symphony” came out exactly a week before I saw my partner for the first time (so we were already chatting at that time), so it means a lot to me personally and it will always remember me of that moment…
    I guess with ‘earliest singles’ you mean the ones during/before their first era? Interesting that you’d rank “Rather Be” that high as I enjoy ALL singles from “What Is Love?” a lot more than that one
    How would you rank “Symphony” among their singles?

Ha, glad to hear it! In that case, I should probably come up with more than just those two...
    Two are already two more nicknames than I have for you

Ouch. I do love Bloom, but I'm definitely enjoying "I'm So Tired..." more than "The Good Side," ""What A Heavenly Way To Die," and "This This" (probably more than "Postcard" and "Animal" too). Although I wish UKMIXers were more enthusiastic about the track, I'm grateful that it at least pushed people to give Lauv a chance.
    Ouch, too. “What A Heavenly Way To Die” has become one of my favorite songs ever by Troye But I can definitely see the appeal of “I’m So Tired”.

Indeed. I'm happy for her success, and I'm glad she's enjoying her (hard-earned) wealth...but the song really isn't for me. At all. That said, I'd rank "Thank U, Next" among her all-time-best tunes (Top 10, probably), and I liked "Imagine" too, so I've still got high hopes for the new album! Hype!!
    I’m excited to see the album effect on your next chart!
    I didn’t know you’d rank “Thank U, Next” that high, so it was quite a rollercoaster ride with a single you love, a single you dislike and a promo single you liked.

Aw, messed up how? When I look at your older charts now, the font appears bigger than I remember, but they still look pretty clean and easy to read overall. Although I'm excited for the potential of all the new UKMIX features, this transition definitely comes with some frustrations/growing pains too.

Thanks again, Tarcelike!
    You know, I’m pretty much a perfectionist and it all just looks weird and wrong to me. But it is what it is. I still need to discover all the possibilities now and maybe I’ll change the design for my charts during this year. I’m also thinking about expanding it to a Top50, as I’m discovering much more music these days and it happened a few times that some new entries that I enjoyed didn’t even make my Top40…

<3

01 (NE) 01 "Sanctuary" Allie X 1 (1)
    02 (NE) 01 "Never Enough" Allie X 2 (1)
    03 (01) 02 "Happy Place" Terror Jr 1 (1) [G]
    08 (04) 02 "Little Bit" Terror Jr 4
    10 (02) 02 "I'm So Tired..." Lauv ft. Troye Sivan 2 (1) [G]
    16 (08) 11 "Thank U, Next" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [P]
    19 (NE) 01 "Love Me & Let Me Go" Ashley Tisdale 19
    23 (NE) 01 "Bones" Galantis ft. OneRepublic 23
    27 (NE) 01 "Bury A Friend" Billie Eilish 27
    Just checked out your Top2 and also your #1 from last week as I didn’t have the time to do so then.
    Unfortunately, it seems like I'm not that into Allie X's style as both, "Sanctuary" and "Never Enough" didn't do much for me, sadly. Enjoyed "Never Enough" a little bit more
    However, I do enjoy "Happy Place" by Terror Jr a lot. I already checked a track or two by Terror Jr out a while ago but can't remember the names, but I remember that I enjoyed them a lot, too. With that being said, I also just listened to "Little Bit" and enjoyed it as well So I think I really need to check her (?) out more now...
    ...and, just shortly before submitting this reply, I've also listened to "Maker" Just added the whole album to my library and will take a listen tomorrow!

As you probably imagine, my favorite part this week is the debut for "Love Me & Let Me Go" by Ashley Tisdale. So, so happy this not only made your library, but even made it onto your charts (and even Top20!) <3 That's fantastic! You said it's her first song in your library, but what about knowing some of her other songs from the past?

Nice debut for "Bones" and great one for "Bury A Friend". Billie Eilish will definitely be a huge breakthrough artist this year. Also good to see "Thank U, Next" still charting - I guess it will be joined by several other tracks by Ariana next week

Other than that, I’m impressed with “I’m So Tired” already going Gold.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 15-02-19, 16:00

Haha I knew CollXtion I would be having some impact this week. I told you it was great! Especially happy to see Never Enough debuting at #2. That song is just divine!
    You were SO right! CollXtion I is a magnificent, poptastic eargasm.

For me, my holy Allie trinity is Casanova, Never Enough and Science. She consistently releases a core shakers with each album/EP. Shame that Science doesn't seem to get much love over here #justice4science
    Ha, yeah, "Science" still doesn't do much for me...but, if it's any consolation, it's not my least favorite on Super Sunset (since "Not So Bad In LA" has that honor securely locked down) I'm with you on "Casanova" being CollXtion II's standout, and although it's a tad too soon for me to give a definitive ranking, "Never Enough" is certainly a serious contender for CollXtion I's strongest moment.

Thanks again, GaGarazzi!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 15-02-19, 16:15

I usually picked Samus Aran who used to be my favorite character back then. Hehe, thanks! No, you’re right about Pokken, however I never really cared for that game to be honest with you so I never got into how to really play with the Pokémon there. Once I enjoy a game, I’m getting really, really good

That’s a very good point and may be the case… didn’t think about it yet but it would make sense. I hope so as well, otherwise I really have to take into consideration that I’m over Pokémon nowadays (since I also never got into Pokken; I know it’s not an usual Pokémon game but to be fair I’m also loving Smash Bros., so Pokémon + fighting should be something that I would like as well…).
    Ah, nice pick! I don't know much about the Metroid series, but Samus certainly seems to be one of the most iconic, badass female characters in gaming history. Ha, I'm starting to see more of your competitive side lately! Gotta have more Insta followers, gotta beat your man at games...

Shit...if you're really truly over Pokémon in general, you better start posting more thirst traps on Insta in order to keep me around...

Why did it feld like a shocking follow-up to “Anything Could Happen”? I thought it was (and still is) a TUNE “Explosions” wasn’t one of my faves either but grew a lot on me over the time, it’s very lovely. It was a similar situation with “How Long Will I Love You” which was by far my least favorite song on “Halcyon Days” but ended up as a song that I loved so much.
    Eh, "Figure 8" really didn't (and still doesn't) sound like single material to me. I guess it showed off her less-poppy side, but I still think she should've gone with something a little more radio-friendly for single #2. At least "Explosions" made more sense.

True, “Homesick” could have been a nice hit for her in several countries if they would have released it as a proper single everywhere. On the same side I think a proper release for “Homesick” would have been too much of Dua…
    Yeah, that's a fair point. If "Homesick" had gotten a full push too, that might've negatively impacted "One Kiss" and/or "Electricity."

Do you remember the days where I made (or tried) to follow EVERY personal charts and leave a comment there EVERY week? That took so much time and was quite stressful. I did it because I loved to do so, but in the end it was simply too much, so I stopped it. So I completely get your point. But, I really have to admit that I’d miss it a lot if you’d stop with comments on my charts. Well, not because I want a comment for my charts (ok, that’s a reason as well, but more like I’m interested in what you think about it) but more because of our conversation.
    Ha, I definitely do, and that boggled my mind! It was truly incredible that you kept up that routine for as long as you did. No worries, I'm not planning on abandoning Personal Charts anytime soon. The burnout factor is just a big part of why I don't bother making a proper Year-End Countdown thread of my own anymore (since those get updated basically daily throughout December, January, and even into February. Adding that on top of my own and everyone's ongoing weekly charts too, it becomes more like work than leisure).

Hmm… can’t say if “Solo” is close to “Symphony” as they’re completely different IMO. “Solo” is such a fun pop song, love to sing along and it was huge during summer (also one of the songs I loved to listen to during my vacation)… on the other hand, “Symphony” came out exactly a week before I saw my partner for the first time (so we were already chatting at that time), so it means a lot to me personally and it will always remember me of that moment…

I guess with ‘earliest singles’ you mean the ones during/before their first era? Interesting that you’d rank “Rather Be” that high as I enjoy ALL singles from “What Is Love?” a lot more than that one
    How would you rank “Symphony” among their singles?
    Aw! That's beautiful I don't think I've ever heard the full story behind how/when you and your man met...

Yeah, just looking at Clean Bandit's discography on Wikipedia, I don't think I've ever heard "A+E," "Mozart's House," "Dust Clears"...a lot of the New Eyes singles, actually! Ah, right - it's sort of coming back to me now, but were you one of the select few who thought "Rather Be" was massively overrated? "Symphony" doesn't have any sort of special personal connection with me the way it does with you and your partner, so it'd probably be...Top 5ish? "Solo," "Baby," "Rather Be"...then "Symphony" VS "Rockabye" fighting for the next spots.

Ouch, too. “What A Heavenly Way To Die” has become one of my favorite songs ever by Troye But I can definitely see the appeal of “I’m So Tired”.
    I knew you liked that one more than I do, and that it was one of your Bloom highlights...but I didn't realize you held it in THAT high regard! Ah well, I guess it's like our "LA Hallucinations" equivalent for Troye.

I didn’t know you’d rank “Thank U, Next” that high, so it was quite a rollercoaster ride with a single you love, a single you dislike and a promo single you liked.
    Ha, yeah, well said! "7 Rings" was a much bigger "drop"/disappointment than I'm used to experiencing with Ari, but thankfully nothing else on the album dips quite that low...

You know, I’m pretty much a perfectionist and it all just looks weird and wrong to me. But it is what it is. I still need to discover all the possibilities now and maybe I’ll change the design for my charts during this year. I’m also thinking about expanding it to a Top50, as I’m discovering much more music these days and it happened a few times that some new entries that I enjoyed didn’t even make my Top40…
    **Nod** I feel you there, especially given all the time and effort you've put into formatting your chart over the years - taking feedback and tweaking it until it's just right. Then, in the blink of an eye, that's all be undone I love the idea of expanding yours to a Top 50, though! Hype!

Just checked out your Top2 and also your #1 from last week as I didn’t have the time to do so then.
    Unfortunately, it seems like I'm not that into Allie X's style as both, "Sanctuary" and "Never Enough" didn't do much for me, sadly. Enjoyed "Never Enough" a little bit more

However, I do enjoy "Happy Place" by Terror Jr a lot. I already checked a track or two by Terror Jr out a while ago but can't remember the names, but I remember that I enjoyed them a lot, too. With that being said, I also just listened to "Little Bit" and enjoyed it as well So I think I really need to check her (?) out more now...
    ...and, just shortly before submitting this reply, I've also listened to "Maker" Just added the whole album to my library and will take a listen tomorrow!
    Bummer about Allie, but thanks for giving her a try! I'm really pleasantly surprised that Terror Jr made such a good impression, though I honestly forgot that you'd liked anything by them before, so this is fabulous news! They were a trio who became a duo, but I'm pretty sure the vocals are always handled by the one female member. She sounds a bit like Hailee Steinfeld during the chorus of "Little Bit," so it feels fitting to see you mention that one!

As you probably imagine, my favorite part this week is the debut for "Love Me & Let Me Go" by Ashley Tisdale. So, so happy this not only made your library, but even made it onto your charts (and even Top20!) <3 That's fantastic! You said it's her first song in your library, but what about knowing some of her other songs from the past?
    The titles "He Said She Said" and "It's Alright, It's OK" sound vaguely familiar to me, but I can't recall the songs themselves. I'm pretty much completely in-the-dark when it comes to Ashley's catalog I'd be down to add a couple more of your top favorite tunes to my library, though! Granted, it'll be a little while before I can give them much attention, with all these great albums/EPs lately (and now Avril's too). I still need to make time for poor Meghan at some point, since Ari's had the majority of my attention this past week (in addition to the holdovers from Terror Jr and Allie X). 2019 got really busy really quickly!

Other than that, I’m impressed with “I’m So Tired” already going Gold.
    Yeah, "I'm So Tired..." was actually tied with "Happy Place" the week it debuted at No. 2, but Terror Jr were clearly the stars of that week with their album release (and "Happy Place" has more personal relevance too), so I gave them the edge.

Thanks again, Marsicel!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 15-02-19, 17:00

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 02/15/19

• RIP Taylor's co-ownership of the "Most No. 1 Hits" honor, as "Ghostin" allows Ari to pull ahead with 18 chart-toppers to her name. It's also the first song to debut with a cert since her own "Goodnight N Go" last August.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (NE) 01 "Ghostin" Ariana Grande 1 (1) [G]
    02 (NE) 01 "Fake Smile" Ariana Grande 2 (1)
    03 (NE) 01 "Bad Idea" Ariana Grande 3
    04 (01) 02 "Sanctuary" Allie X 1 (1) [G]
    05 (04) 02 "Catch" Allie X 4 [G]
    06 (NE) 01 "Needy" Ariana Grande 6
    07 (NE) 01 "NASA" Ariana Grande 7
    08 (09) 02 "Hello" Allie X 8
    09 (16) 12 "Thank U, Next" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [2xP]
    10 (02) 02 "Never Enough" Allie X 2 (1) [G]
    11 (NE) 01 "In My Head" Ariana Grande 11
    12 (NE) 01 "Break Up With Your Girlfriend..." Ariana Grande 12
    13 (NE) 01 "Bloodline" Ariana Grande 13
    14 (03) 03 "Happy Place" Terror Jr 1 (1) [G]
    15 (05) 02 "Bitch" Allie X 5
    16 (10) 03 "I'm So Tired..." Lauv ft. Troye Sivan 2 (1) [G]
    17 (07) 03 "Terrified" Terror Jr 3 [G]
    18 (RE) 07 "Imagine" Ariana Grande 1 (1) [G]
    19 (17) 05 "Focus (Analog Version)" Allie X 3 [G]
    20 (NE) 01 "Make Up" Ariana Grande 20
    21 (06) 12 "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" Terror Jr 1 (2) [P]
    22 (20) 02 "Prime" Allie X 20
    23 (RE) 02 "7 Rings" Ariana Grande 7
    24 (08) 03 "Little Bit" Terror Jr 4 [G]
    25 (11) 02 "Tumor" Allie X 11
    26 (12) 02 "Good" Allie X 12
    27 (28) 09 "Girl Of The Year" Allie X 1 (1) [P]
    28 (13) 03 "Kinda Iconic" Terror Jr 6
    29 (15) 03 "Hungoverheadcrack" Terror Jr 9
    30 (RE) 22 "The Way" Ariana Grande ft. Mac Miller 1 (2) [3xP]

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Superstar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 15-02-19, 17:06

I'm OK with Ari being the leader. TayTay was never a huge fave of mine.

Surprised Ghostin' is the winner of the Ari tracks.

You and JSparks have both paid Bloodline dust. It's one of my favorite tracks!

Good thing that I'm So Tired is in there - otherwise it's all terror Jr, Allie X, and Ari - which Terror Jr track shsould I start with?

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 15-02-19, 17:15

**Ari's Epic 18**

04.07.13 | "The Way" | [3xP] | 2 weeks
    07.28.13 | "Baby I" | [2xP]
    09.15.13 | "Piano" | [2xP]
    10.20.13 | "Better Left Unsaid" | [2xP]
    05.04.14 | "Problem" | [3xP]
    07.06.14 | "Break Free" | [3xP]
    08.31.14 | "Break Your Heart Right Back" | [P]
    12.17.14 | "Santa Tell Me" | [P] | 2 weeks
    11.08.15 | "Focus" | [G]
    03.27.16 | "Be Alright" | [2xP] | 2 weeks
    05.22.16 | "Moonlight" | [4xP] | 3 weeks
    05.29.16 | "Into You" | [4xP] | 2 weeks
    12.25.16 | "December" | [G] | 2 weeks
    04.27.18 | "No Tears Left To Cry" | [2xP]
    08.24.18 | "Goodnight N Go" | [2xP] | 3 weeks
    11.09.18 | "Thank U, Next" | [2xP] | 2 weeks
    12.28.18 | "Imagine" | [G]
    02.15.19 | "Ghostin" | [G]

Honorable mentions for her (nearly-made-it) No. 2's: "Honeymoon Avenue" (3 weeks) and "One Last Time"

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-19, 00:54

18 #1 hits for Ari! Impressive achievement, and I'm happy to see that it's "Ghostin" that took her to that noteworthy milestone. As I mentioned before, it's my favourite non-single from the album so far. It's cute that your chart starts with her most recent #1 and ends with her very first chart-topper here.

Any particular reason you chopped the "I'm Bored" portion of the BUWYGIB title?

Hope "In My Head" grows on you! And I'm happy that "Happy Place" withstood the onslaught of the new Ari music this week.

27 (28) 09 "Girl Of The Year" Allie X 1 (1) [P]
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-02-19, 18:30

Ah, nice pick! I don't know much about the Metroid series, but Samus certainly seems to be one of the most iconic, badass female characters in gaming history. Ha, I'm starting to see more of your competitive side lately! Gotta have more Insta followers, gotta beat your man at games...

Shit...if you're really truly over Pokémon in general, you better start posting more thirst traps on Insta in order to keep me around...
    Honestly, I also don’t know much about the Metroid series, never played it, but somehow Samus just clicked with me back then. It took me quite a while until I realized it’s a woman

Haha… well, finger crossed the next Pokémon game will click with me! Are you still playing Let’s Go these days?

Eh, "Figure 8" really didn't (and still doesn't) sound like single material to me. I guess it showed off her less-poppy side, but I still think she should've gone with something a little more radio-friendly for single #2. At least "Explosions" made more sense.
    Probably yet another “LA Hallucinations” there! “Figure 8” is so badass IMO, loved that dubstep parts and still do. What would have been your most favorite choice for single #2?

Yeah, that's a fair point. If "Homesick" had gotten a full push too, that might've negatively impacted "One Kiss" and/or "Electricity."
    Yep. I also think “Electricity” didn’t do better because there’s quite a Dua Lipa overload at the moment. Same with “Swan Song”. If she would have released that one in a few months it could have been a big(ger) hit. I really hope she takes a few months off now until she releases the lead single to her second album… like, single during summer and album in the fourth quarter.

Ha, I definitely do, and that boggled my mind! It was truly incredible that you kept up that routine for as long as you did. No worries, I'm not planning on abandoning Personal Charts anytime soon. The burnout factor is just a big part of why I don't bother making a proper Year-End Countdown thread of my own anymore (since those get updated basically daily throughout December, January, and even into February. Adding that on top of my own and everyone's ongoing weekly charts too, it becomes more like work than leisure).
    True. I wish it could be like that again, because nowadays I simply don't have the time for doing this anymore Aw, so happy to hear that <3 I agree though and completely get your point, it takes a lot of time/work to do it, let alone keeping it updated.

Aw! That's beautiful I don't think I've ever heard the full story behind how/when you and your man met...

Yeah, just looking at Clean Bandit's discography on Wikipedia, I don't think I've ever heard "A+E," "Mozart's House," "Dust Clears"...a lot of the New Eyes singles, actually! Ah, right - it's sort of coming back to me now, but were you one of the select few who thought "Rather Be" was massively overrated? "Symphony" doesn't have any sort of special personal connection with me the way it does with you and your partner, so it'd probably be...Top 5ish? "Solo," "Baby," "Rather Be"...then "Symphony" VS "Rockabye" fighting for the next spots.
    <3 Well, it's a very delicate story...

Since you never heard the album, this makes sense. These songs also weren't hits. How come you're familiar with "Rather Be" if I may ask? Because from what I remember this wasn't a big hit in the US, or am I wrong with that? Yes, I was. It only peaked at #20 on my charts, which was a huge flop compared to the rest of Europe/Personal Charts. Top5ish already sounds good. Honestly, they've released so many fantastic singles over the last two-three years. A shame it all seemed to end with "Baby"...

I knew you liked that one more than I do, and that it was one of your Bloom highlights...but I didn't realize you held it in THAT high regard! Ah well, I guess it's like our "LA Hallucinations" equivalent for Troye.
    Haha, that’s a very good comparison!

Ha, yeah, well said! "7 Rings" was a much bigger "drop"/disappointment than I'm used to experiencing with Ari, but thankfully nothing else on the album dips quite that low...
    That’s good news!

**Nod** I feel you there, especially given all the time and effort you've put into formatting your chart over the years - taking feedback and tweaking it until it's just right. Then, in the blink of an eye, that's all be undone I love the idea of expanding yours to a Top 50, though! Hype!
    Very that! Something in me really likes to edit ALL previous charts so they look fine again…
    Yes, the idea sounds cool and good, but that would mean I'd have to spend even more time and, how do I calculate the points? The last time I made a change (Top20 -> Top40) I recalculated ALL points from previous chart entries as well… so it will most likely remain as it is for now.

Looking back, you always made a Top30 since you’ve started the topic here. Did it always work well for you?

Bummer about Allie, but thanks for giving her a try! I'm really pleasantly surprised that Terror Jr made such a good impression, though I honestly forgot that you'd liked anything by them before, so this is fabulous news! They were a trio who became a duo, but I'm pretty sure the vocals are always handled by the one female member. She sounds a bit like Hailee Steinfeld during the chorus of "Little Bit," so it feels fitting to see you mention that one!
    Terror Jr really do some good music. Thanks for the short explanation about the band (thought it’s just a female singer!). Yes, the voice of the singer is really good, that’s the main thing that clicked with me and the music is quite good as well. Really enjoying the album at the moment, so thanks a lot for that nice discovery

The titles "He Said She Said" and "It's Alright, It's OK" sound vaguely familiar to me, but I can't recall the songs themselves. I'm pretty much completely in-the-dark when it comes to Ashley's catalog I'd be down to add a couple more of your top favorite tunes to my library, though! Granted, it'll be a little while before I can give them much attention, with all these great albums/EPs lately (and now Avril's too). I still need to make time for poor Meghan at some point, since Ari's had the majority of my attention this past week (in addition to the holdovers from Terror Jr and Allie X). 2019 got really busy really quickly!
    That’s already a big plus! These were the lead singles to her albums and both are quite good. No worries about checking them out (as we were just talking about that) but if there’s a song you’d like to check out and I would have to recommend, it would be ”Suddenly”. It’s nothing outstanding but back then it simply clicked with me and was quite magical to me – it spent 69 weeks in the Top10 of my charts She was very 00s-Girlie-Pop, I loved ”Not Like That” a lot as well, or ”Crank It Up” is probably her single with the biggest commercial appeal.

I agree that 2019 has been very busy lately. I’d say this has been the busiest first two months of a year ever for me!

Yeah, "I'm So Tired..." was actually tied with "Happy Place" the week it debuted at No. 2, but Terror Jr were clearly the stars of that week with their album release (and "Happy Place" has more personal relevance too), so I gave them the edge.

Thanks again, Marsicel!
    Oh wow, that’s a very interesting information! Does it often happen the #1 has the same amount of plays as your #2, and if so, how do you decide the #1?

<3

13 (NE) 01 "Bloodline" Ariana Grande 13
    16 (10) 03 "I'm So Tired..." Lauv ft. Troye Sivan 2 (1) [G]
    17 (07) 03 "Terrified" Terror Jr 3 [G]
    21 (06) 12 "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" Terror Jr 1 (2) [P]
    24 (08) 03 "Little Bit" Terror Jr 4 [G]
    28 (13) 03 "Kinda Iconic" Terror Jr 6
    29 (15) 03 "Hungoverheadcrack" Terror Jr 9
    Woah, the slayage is REAL! Congrats to Ariana on getting a 18th #1 hit - I also love the fact that she's owning your whole Top3 this week, just as she's doing on the Hot100
    "Ghostin" is definitely a deserved #1 and one of the standouts on "Thank U, Next". Interestingly, I think it has a similar mood to "Goodnight N Go" (at least I'm feeling it that way) so seeing it being your clear standout while "Goodnight N Go" was the standout on "Sweetener" is a nice coincidence!

Can't name my faves on Terror Jr's album yet but I'm really, really enjoying it! So glad they still have some entries on your charts as well despite the Allie X/Ariana slayage that is going on.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 16:30

I'm OK with Ari being the leader. TayTay was never a huge fave of mine.
    I'm a tad sad to learn that you hold Tay in such low regard...but I'm glad it makes this recent turn of events here even more appealing to you!

Surprised Ghostin' is the winner of the Ari tracks.

You and JSparks have both paid Bloodline dust. It's one of my favorite tracks!
    "Ghostin" is so tender, so lovely, and she sounds so. damn. GOOD! Although I can't relate to everything she's saying throughout the song, there's parts that really resonate with how I'm not always the easiest person to be in a relationship with: "you been so understanding, you been so good, and I'm putting' you through more than one ever should..."

Unfortunately, reggae-pop Ari doesn't really do it for me I've seen a lot of comparisons made between "Bloodline" and "Side To Side," which isn't one of my top-faves from her either. "Bloodline" would probably be a smart single choice, though!

Good thing that I'm So Tired is in there - otherwise it's all terror Jr, Allie X, and Ari - which Terror Jr track should I start with?
    Ha, yeah, it's been a while since I've had three albums/EPs make such a big splash here back-to-back-to-back like those! "Heartbreaks" was the single that sold me on Terror Jr in the first place. It's short, so it doesn't take long to check out, and I'd say it's pretty representative of their material overall.

Thanks again, cheap!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 16:40

18 #1 hits for Ari! Impressive achievement, and I'm happy to see that it's "Ghostin" that took her to that noteworthy milestone. As I mentioned before, it's my favourite non-single from the album so far. It's cute that your chart starts with her most recent #1 and ends with her very first chart-topper here.
    I'm really glad to hear that "Ghostin" remains your top (non-single) pick from the album! Like I was saying to cheap above, it's just so tender, so lovely, and she sounds so GOOOOD! Although I can't relate to every aspect of the story she's sharing in that song, there's parts that really resonate with how I'm not always the easiest person to be in a relationship with: "you been so understanding, you been so good, and I'm puttin' you through more than one ever should..."

Ha, yeah, it felt fairly fitting to bookend that chart with Ari's first and most recent No. 1's. Thankfully, the play counts turned out just right.

Any particular reason you chopped the "I'm Bored" portion of the BUWYGIB title?
    Ah, I appreciate you thinking that I might've had a more thoughtful, deliberate purpose/rationale behind that edit...but it honestly just came down to formatting and cleanliness.

I noticed the other week that, instead of stretching the entire thread when the chart table got too wide, a scrolling bar appeared below the table within that specific post. As a result, the certs were "cut off" unless you took the time to scroll over to them. I'd prefer to have every column visible at all times, so while I do like including full song titles, it's a sacrifice I'll apparently have to make (at least for now). I could shrink the font size for longer titles, but I don't want them to become illegibly tiny either, so I'll have to continue tweaking and learning about the ins-and-outs of NEWkmix formatting.

Hope "In My Head" grows on you! And I'm happy that "Happy Place" withstood the onslaught of the new Ari music this week.
    Yeah, with the influx of enjoyable new albums/EPs lately, the chart run of "Happy Place" probably won't accurately reflect my true adoration for that track. It's been like the Paulboard "busy season"...

Thanks again, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 16:50

Honestly, I also don’t know much about the Metroid series, never played it, but somehow Samus just clicked with me back then. It took me quite a while until I realized it’s a woman

Haha… well, finger crossed the next Pokémon game will click with me! Are you still playing Let’s Go these days?
    Ha, that's totally fair, since it's impossible to tell her gender when she's in her battle suit/armor.

I stopped playing Let's Go a couple weeks ago, since I'd done everything besides challenging Red and the new Master Trainers. The problem with Red is that you have to beat 6 Master Trainers before he'll appear, but the Master Trainers all feed their Pokémon a TON of that new Candy to raise their stats, and I don't want to collect all that Candy to feed my team to make it a fair fight I still need a handful more Pokémon to complete the Dex, but I figure I'll just wait until I come across them in Go (since I still play that regularly) and then send them over to Let's Go. Thanks for asking!

Probably yet another “LA Hallucinations” there! “Figure 8” is so badass IMO, loved that dubstep parts and still do. What would have been your most favorite choice for single #2?
    I just re-visited "Figure 8" immediately before writing this comment, and it's not nearly as awful as I remembered. It won't be jumping up to my top-Ellie-fave or anything, but it's not as un-listenable as I recalled Back then, I was probably a little blinded by my rage at it becoming a single/hurting the momentum of the era. That said, I still enjoy every track that precedes it on the album much more, and I would've loved to see "My Blood" get a shot as a single instead (or "Only You," or even the title track...)

Yep. I also think “Electricity” didn’t do better because there’s quite a Dua Lipa overload at the moment. Same with “Swan Song”. If she would have released that one in a few months it could have been a big(ger) hit. I really hope she takes a few months off now until she releases the lead single to her second album… like, single during summer and album in the fourth quarter.
    Yeah, though I'd say "Swan Song" itself is at least partially to blame for its under-performance, since I think it's her least-catchy single in...a while. (Possibly ever?)

True. I wish it could be like that again, because nowadays I simply don't have the time for doing this anymore Aw, so happy to hear that <3 I agree though and completely get your point, it takes a lot of time/work to do it, let alone keeping it updated.
    Eh, you still comment on mine quite often, so I think your new approach works just fine too.

<3 Well, it's a very delicate story...

Since you never heard the album, this makes sense. These songs also weren't hits. How come you're familiar with "Rather Be" if I may ask? Because from what I remember this wasn't a big hit in the US, or am I wrong with that? Yes, I was. It only peaked at #20 on my charts, which was a huge flop compared to the rest of Europe/Personal Charts. Top5ish already sounds good. Honestly, they've released so many fantastic singles over the last two-three years. A shame it all seemed to end with "Baby"...
    O RLY...? I had no idea! To think you've been keeping these juicy details hidden from me all this time...

"Rather Be" wasn't as massive in the US as it was in the UK/elsewhere, but it managed to peak at No. 10 and spent 30+ weeks on the Hot 100, so it had a good amount of exposure here.

Very that! Something in me really likes to edit ALL previous charts so they look fine again…

Yes, the idea sounds cool and good, but that would mean I'd have to spend even more time and, how do I calculate the points? The last time I made a change (Top20 -> Top40) I recalculated ALL points from previous chart entries as well… so it will most likely remain as it is for now.
    Ha, damn, that's an ambitious undertaking - but I can totally understand the impulse to fix them all!

Ah, wow. That point recalculation for every song must've taken uhLOT of time, but it's a great way to keep things fair across your chart's different eras. I can see why the thought of having to do it all over again would deter you from making another big change, though.

Looking back, you always made a Top30 since you’ve started the topic here. Did it always work well for you?
    Expanding my chart has crossed my mind, especially after getting Apple Music...but, like you said about yours, it would affect how achievements compare across the old VS new chart length. I also worry that whenever I find myself in busier periods in life and listen to less music overall, I'll have a bunch of songs charting at the bottom that I hardly played at all. I guess I have to decide which is worse: songs that I enjoy missing out during times when I'm listening to a lot of music in general, or songs that I'm not enjoying that much charting during times when I'm not listening to a lot of music in general?

Terror Jr really do some good music. Thanks for the short explanation about the band (thought it’s just a female singer!). Yes, the voice of the singer is really good, that’s the main thing that clicked with me and the music is quite good as well. Really enjoying the album at the moment, so thanks a lot for that nice discovery
    My pleasure! Huge thanks to YOU for giving them a try, especially during such a busy release time for other artists!

That’s already a big plus! These were the lead singles to her albums and both are quite good. No worries about checking them out (as we were just talking about that) but if there’s a song you’d like to check out and I would have to recommend, it would be ”Suddenly”. It’s nothing outstanding but back then it simply clicked with me and was quite magical to me – it spent 69 weeks in the Top10 of my charts She was very 00s-Girlie-Pop, I loved ”Not Like That” a lot as well, or ”Crank It Up” is probably her single with the biggest commercial appeal.
    Ha, 69 weeks, eh? That's not a number I'd expect you to associate with Ashley Was she your girl crush before your Gaga sexxx dreams started...?

Kidding aside, I just added those three tunes to my library, so thanks for the suggestions! Sadly, they might not appear on my chart in the near future (especially since I still need to check out Avril's album). You've done Ashley proud, though, and gotten her more of my time/attention than she would've without your support (since she isn’t an artist who crossed my mind much). <3

Oh wow, that’s a very interesting information! Does it often happen the #1 has the same amount of plays as your #2, and if so, how do you decide the #1?
    Ah, that's a great question! I don't keep ongoing records of the exact play counts from every week (I just take screenshots of their Scrobbles to compile the chart and then delete those screenshots soon after), but I can say for certain that was the first tiebreaker for No. 1 in 2019. I used to break any play-count-ties by looking up whichever song I played most recently before the midnight-on-Thursday cutoff, but starting last August, I break ties more subjectively (whichever song I felt like made the biggest impact on my week/is in the best standing with me as I'm compiling the chart).

Woah, the slayage is REAL! Congrats to Ariana on getting a 18th #1 hit - I also love the fact that she's owning your whole Top3 this week, just as she's doing on the Hot100

"Ghostin" is definitely a deserved #1 and one of the standouts on "Thank U, Next". Interestingly, I think it has a similar mood to "Goodnight N Go" (at least I'm feeling it that way) so seeing it being your clear standout while "Goodnight N Go" was the standout on "Sweetener" is a nice coincidence!
    Ha, exactly! I was hoping "Break Up With Your Gf..." would de-throne "7 Rings" atop the Hot 100, like it did in the UK, and give Ari another US No. 1...but the fabulous success of Thank U, Next was still wonderful to see!

OoOh...I hadn't thought about the similarities between those two tracks, but I definitely adore them both.

Thanks again, Marsike!