Paulboard Top 30 | 04.12.24 | I just need a little air...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crystalphoenix
    Site Supporter
    • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 07/13/18

Mylène & LP win a tie-breaker with Years & Years, thus denying the latter No. 1 glory on the first chart following their album release.

[youtube:k4la1a84]3AoS_7u9eCU[/youtube:k4la1a84]

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (14) 02 | "N'oublie Pas" - Mylène Farmer ft. LP | 1 (1)
    02 (01) 03 | "All For You" - Years & Years | 1 (2) | [G]
    03 (NE) 01 | "Preacher" - Years & Years | 3
    04 (NE) 01 | "Finally Free" - Niall Horan | 4
    05 (NE) 01 | "Lucky Escape" - Years & Years | 5
    06 (03) 02 | "No Angel" - Charli XCX| 3
    07 (NE) 01 | "Hallelujah" - Years & Years | 7
    08 (NE) 01 | "Karma" - Years & Years | 8
    09 (04) 07 | "If You're Over Me" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
    10 (NE) 01 | "Howl" - Years & Years | 10
    11 (02) 03 | "All The Ways" - Meghan Trainor | 2 (1) | [G]
    12 (NE) 01 | "Doesn't Matter" - Christine And The Queens | 12
    13 (20) 17 | "Delicate" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
    14 (NE) 01 | "Barcelona" - Max George | 14
    15 (NE) 01 | "Shotgun" - George Ezra | 15
    16 (RE) 08 | "I Like That" - Janelle Monáe | 2 (1) | [P]
    17 (09) 07 | "Graves" - CHVRCHES | 1 (3) | [P]
    18 (NE) 01 | "Hypnotised" - Years & Years | 18
    19 (10) 08 | "Back To You" - Selena Gomez | 7 | [G]
    20 (08) 02 | "Focus" - Charli XCX | 8
    21 (RE) 03 | "Paradise" - George Ezra | 2 (1)
    22 (NE) 01 | "Up In Flames" - Years & Years | 22
    23 (NE) 01 | "Don't Panic" - Years & Years | 23
    24 (NE) 01 | "Rendezvous" - Years & Years | 24
    25 (05) 03 | "Palo Santo" - Years & Years | 5
    26 (RE) 05 | "Heaven/Hell" - CHVRCHES | 4 | [G]
    27 (RE) 08 | "Call It What You Want" - Taylor Swift | 6 | [P]
    28 (RE) 13 | "Man On The Moon" - Britney Spears | 1 (1) | [2xP]
    29 (RE) 03 | "Mood Ring" - Britney Spears | 21
    30 (19) 02 | "Forever Young" - BLACKPINK | 19

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
    last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Bellus
      Site Supporter
      • 07 Nov 2012

Originally posted by phoenix98
      Paulboard Top 30

29 (RE) 03 | "Mood Ring" - Britney Spears | 217
      Haven't had a chance to view to many personal chart over the past month! But managed to find some time today

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Years & Years and that they've made a huge impact on your chart!

What such....non clique Britney songs! Mood Rig is definitely an...interesting Britney production. Though Man On The Moon is A class!
      Originally posted by SummerPeur
      Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
      Originally posted by Goldmoney
      So does her microphone

Comment

• cheapthrills
        Administrator and Site Supporter
        • 08 Jul 2016

Originally posted by cheapthrills
        Three Y&Y songs in the top 5 <3

Is that common for your chart?
        It's more likely to happen right after a highly-anticipated album release (CHVRCHES recently occupied four of the Top 5 right after Love Is Dead came out), so it's especially impressive that Y&Y managed that much domination before their full album dropped. Janelle was actually the last act to appear that often inside the Top 5 in a week that wasn't immediately after her album release:

01 (NE) 01 | "Solo" - Clean Bandit ft. Demi Lovato | 1 (1)
        02 (04) 05 | "I Like That" - Janelle Monáe | 2 (1) | [G]
        03 (01) 02 | "If You're Over Me" - Years & Years | 1 (1)
        04 (03) 03 | "Crazy, Classic, Life" - Janelle Monáe | 3 | [G]
        05 (05) 04 | "Dirty Computer" - Janelle Monáe ft. Brian Wilson | 5 | [G]

Hope my answer made sense Thanks for asking, cheapthrills!
        What an almost perfect top five that was <3
        Move Janelle to the top and then it gets a 10

Comment

• bm08
          • 07 Apr 2013

Re: Paulboard Top 30 | 07.13.18 | we feel it in our bones...

I feel like I've been missing out for so long. It was only recently that I discovered Years & Years and "All For You" is a standout track for me.

"Back To You" by Selena Gomez has also been getting a lot of play from me recently.

The two Taylor Swift tracks are great too. I especially like "Call It What You Want".

Over all, love the bottom half of your chart more than the top half.
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Tansike
            Site Supporter
            • 28 Jan 2012

SMH on missing out a charts One would think I’m used to when you post your updates… time to catch up again now!

Ah! So what's REALLY been holding back CHVRCHES's Love Is Dead for you is that it can't possibly compare to Queen Kerli's album of the same name? ;) Of course no other album could be worthy of sharing a title with such an iconic release!

I was SUPER late to the CHVRCHES party, and only started checking out their albums after getting hooked on "Get Out" earlier this year. After exploring/discovering all three of them pretty close together, Every Open Eye really does feel like the perfect middle-ground/transiton between their debut and Love Is Dead. It has the catchy choruses/melodies that grab my ear, but isn't quite as...polished, glossy, sterile-sounding as the Greg Kurstin stuff. Maybe Every Open Eye would sound better to you now, compared to the slightly-too-poppy LID?
            Interestingly, Kerli’s “Love Is Dead” isn’t even that far off musically compared to CHVRCHES’ music.

What, really? That surprises me, as I thought “Every Open Eye” was a hit for you back when it came out! I’m going on vacation soon and sometimes I have lots of time to check out some music, so I’ll write “Every Open Eye” on my to-do-list. I heard the album once or twice when it was released but I remember absolutely nothing…

Ha, well, since only half of reputation really appealed to you even at the peak of its hype, I guess it's not too shocking that the album fell off your radar pretty quickly It was somewhat similar for me too, but more like 1/3 of the album never really clicked with me/I could live without (which is still a pretty big chunk of a 15-track album).

Ooh...so is Speak Now your Tay fave? While Red leaves you feeling pretty blue? I do love Red, but Fearless has a special place in my heart too. I think it's her best country/pop blend, and it was just such a fun and exciting time to be a fan: watching her score huge crossover hits like "Love Story" and "You Belong With Me" (and even getting her first hits outside the US).
            True. Overall the album lacked something and time will tell how I would rank this among her other albums I’m familiar with, but I can see it ending up last to be honest. The highlights are amazing, but their strength is not enough to carry the whole album. I already had a similar experience with Britney’s “Britney Jean” where I LOVED some of the songs (“Til It’s Gone”, “Tik Tik Boom”, “Work Bitch”, “Alien”) and they are all among my all-time-faves of Britney, but the whole album still remains quite weak.

Yes. Well, if I would listen to “Speak Now” these days, I most likely wouldn’t love it as much as I did back in the days, but considering the great memories & stuff (which counts a lot for me too when ranking albums), it’s definitely first, followed by “Fearless”. “Red” somehow never fully clicked with me, even though I remember playing it quite often, but it seemed like the were too many songs which were ‘just solid’; “I Knew You Were Trouble.” was amazing, but it also felt very out of place. Glad to hear your thoughts about “Fearless” <3 I don’t even remember how I discovered her because back when I bought the physical copy of “Fearless”, she was still so unknown over here.

It's so awesome how music can instantly transport us back to a specific place and time like that. When you mention enjoying the sun on your terrace, I assume you mean (nude) sunbathing...? ;)

Back when Hilary first started releasing music ("Why Not," So Yesterday"), I was actually pretty dismissive of her trying to have a music career, since it just felt like Disney desperately/shamelessly trying to make as much money as possible off her Lizzie McGuire success Looking back, she kind of set the stage for Miley (and Selena, Demi, etc.) in that sense. I think it was "Come Clean" that started to win me over, cause I ended up picking up Metamorphosis eventually (then all of her studio albums after that as they came out, though they were usually pretty hit-or-miss overall).
            True! And these memories often mean so much…
            Haha, not fully nude

Ah well, I guess there were so many people thinking similar, also when Miley, Selena or Demi tried to make music. So since her discography is still pretty much undiscovered for me, is there something you would recommend apart from the popular singles?

Yep! Well, partially A friend of mine from college was visiting and staying with some other friends in the city, so we met up for dinner on Friday night, then went to a (rave-ish) party on Saturday night. I was too wiped on Sunday to check out the parade, though I've marched in it a couple of times before, and watched it some other years too, so I'd already gotten that full experience in the past.
            Ah, sounds nice!

Well, in terms of his chart history...

"Ocean" = No. 2 peak | 3 weeks total
            "Scared To Be Lonely" = No. 3 | 8 wks | [P]
            "Animals (Original Mix)" = No. 4 | 5 wks | [G]
            "There For You" = No. 4 | 4 wks | [G]
            "In The Name Of Love" = No. 24 | 2 wks

...but at least that's better than "So Far Away," which I downloaded, but it never managed to chart.
            Awww I think “In The Name Of Love” is really good. But hey, as you say, at least it made an entry

Yeah, the fact that I'm used to really loving a lot of stuff from Selena and Ellie might've worked against their Kygo collaborations a bit (since they were especially underwhelming in the context of those two lovely ladies' catalogs).
            Now this makes a lot of sense, as I felt the same to be honest. But they still belong to my favorite Kygo songs, simply because I never fully got into his stuff so far. “Remind Me To Forget” comes close now.

I was seriously surprised to see that we're getting an album from her by the end of August, despite how the singles have been performing On one hand, it seems a bit suicidal, since the album's almost certain to bomb...but I think it was you who mentioned somewhere that it's kind of refreshing that an artist isn't releasing single after single after single, waiting to finally score a big hit before dropping an album (even if it takes years). This way, at least fans will get to hear what she's been working on, and she can try to win back the public again with album #4 (or maybe some collaborations...?)
            Oh, yeah, that was probably me, or at least I was thinking that as well I think it doesn’t make sense to wait months and months or even years to finally get a hit and then release an album. Artists should stick to their album campaign and still do their stuff, even if it’s flopping. Of course there’s always a label behind them which basically just wants money, but in the end what money are they getting with only releasing singles after singles and nothing clicks with the public? I’m sure Meghan’s album will bomb – and with bomb I really mean so, because I wouldn’t be surprised if this misses out the Top40 or so on Billboard. But after that she can at least finish this chapter and move on, otherwise something drags on for too long…

Yeah, I've still got mixed feelings about it myself (don't love it, don't hate it), but it's a shame that it did SO bad on official charts :-? Granted, it sounds like she plans to treat "God Is A Woman" as the official second single anyway...?
            Yes, she declared “The Light Is Coming” as a promotional single already before releasing it, but I’m quite sure they still expected a better charts performance. Thank god “God Is A Woman” already came out earlier than expected now and is slaying again <3

Was it her concert that finally changed your mind about "No Promises," or did something else happen that helped you see it in a new light...? Whatever the reason, I'm definitely glad to hear that it finally sounds better to you now!
            Yep, her concert made me liking “No Promises” much more than back when it came out.

01 (01) 02 | "All For You" - Years & Years | 1 (2) | [G]
            03 (NE) 01 | "No Angel" - Charli XCX | 3
            04 (04) 06 | "If You're Over Me" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
            05 (29) 02 | "Palo Santo" - Years & Years | 5
            07 (30) 12 | "Stop Me From Falling" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (3) | [2xP]
            08 (NE) 01 | "Focus" - Charli XCX | 8
            09 (02) 06 | "Graves" - CHVRCHES | 1 (3) | [P]
            10 (24) 07 | "Back To You" - Selena Gomez | 7 | [G]
            12 (RE) 06 | "ILY2" - Charli XCX | 4 | [G]
            13 (RE) 12 | "3AM (Pull Up)" - Charli XCX ft. MØ| 1 (2) | [P]
            14 (NE) 01 | "N'oublie Pas" - Mylène Farmer ft. LP | 14
            15 (05) 07 | "Bloom" - Troye Sivan | 1 (1) | [P]
            16 (17) 04 | "Youngblood" - 5 Seconds Of Summer | 4
            17 (12) 03 | "Ocean" - Martin Garrix ft. Khalid | 2 (1)
            18 (06) 07 | "No Tears Left To Cry" - Ariana Grande | 1 (1) | [P]
            20 (10) 16 | "Delicate" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
            21 (09) 07 | "My My My!" - Troye Sivan | 4 | [G]
            22 (07) 08 | "Anywhere" - Rita Ora | 1 (1) | [P]
            23 (RE) 03 | "Colour" - MNEK ft. Hailee Steinfeld | 3
            24 (23) 03 | "Remind Me To Forget" - Kygo ft. Miguel | 18
            25 (RE) 07 | "Beautiful Scars" - Madonna | 5 | [G]
            26 (RE) 06 | "Joan Of Arc" - Madonna | 2 (2) | [P]
            27 (RE) 07 | "Body Shop" - Madonna | 6 | [G]
            28 (18) 03 | "Let You Be Right" - Meghan Trainor | 18
            29 (22) 03 | "Why" - Shawn Mendes | 7
            30 (RE) 02 | "Fallin' All In You" - Shawn Mendes | 11
            Pretty much a perfect Top30 as I like all but four or five songs!
            “All For You” grew on me since the album came out and I wouldn’t mind it to be an official single at some point, so it’s nice to see that one smashing. However, “Palo Santo” remains my favorite song on their album, so I’m obviously even happier to see that one climbing into your Top5 <3

As we talked over in my topic, I prefer “Focus” to “No Angel” but I’m glad to see both still arriving in your Top10. Charli XCX must have an impressive discography now

Fantastic rebound for “Back To You”, also nice to see some Madonna tracks at the bottom of your charts.

01 (14) 02 | "N'oublie Pas" - Mylène Farmer ft. LP | 1 (1)
            03 (NE) 01 | "Preacher" - Years & Years | 3
            04 (NE) 01 | "Finally Free" - Niall Horan | 4
            05 (NE) 01 | "Lucky Escape" - Years & Years | 5
            06 (03) 02 | "No Angel" - Charli XCX| 3
            09 (04) 07 | "If You're Over Me" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
            10 (NE) 01 | "Howl" - Years & Years | 10
            13 (20) 17 | "Delicate" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
            16 (RE) 08 | "I Like That" - Janelle Monáe | 2 (1) | [P]
            17 (09) 07 | "Graves" - CHVRCHES | 1 (3) | [P]
            18 (NE) 01 | "Hypnotised" - Years & Years | 18
            20 (08) 02 | "Focus" - Charli XCX | 8
            22 (NE) 01 | "Up In Flames" - Years & Years | 22
            25 (05) 03 | "Palo Santo" - Years & Years | 5
            26 (RE) 05 | "Heaven/Hell" - CHVRCHES | 4 | [G]
            27 (RE) 08 | "Call It What You Want" - Taylor Swift | 6 | [P]
            Second week I’ve missed…
            So you checked out “Palo Santo” and it seems to have a massive effect here, which I love to see. I think it’s definitely a very strong album and I’d even say it’s one of the best pop releases this year so far. Unfortunately, my highlights aren’t doing too well (the title track, “Hypnotised” and “Rendezvous”), while I would rank “Preacher” and “Lucky Escape” to the weaker songs on the album (but they’re still good)

Cool to see Britney’s “Man On The Moon” back. I had a little Britney day a week and a half ago and listened to some of her albums ("Blackout", "Circus", "Femme fatale", "Britney Jean" and "Glory"). I really miss her, hopefully she comes back soon, as I’m always here for her.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
              Site Supporter
              • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by SummerPeur
              Haven't had a chance to view to many personal chart over the past month! But managed to find some time today

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Years & Years and that they've made a huge impact on your chart!

What such....non clique Britney songs! Mood Rig is definitely an...interesting Britney production. Though Man On The Moon is A class!
              Hey Summer! Many thanks for stopping by!

I love LoVe LOVE all your enthusiasm for Y&Y!

Ha, yeah, I've been in the mood to revisit Glory lately, and those are a couple of my top-favorites on that album (along with "If I'm Dancing," "Invitation," "Make Me..."). "Man On The Moon" absolutely should've been a single - the video potential alone! Sounds like "Mood Ring" is more of a "miss" for you but I definitely think it deserved better than Japan-only-bonus-track status.

Totally off-topic, but what did you end up thinking of Pokémon Platinum?

Thanks again, Summer!
              last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                Site Supporter
                • 29 Nov 2007

What an almost perfect top five that was <3
                Move Janelle to the top and then it gets a 10
                I'll gladly take "almost perfect."

Janelle's only been on top once here (so far), since I just started exploring her material earlier this year, after Akini sent "Cold War" to No. 1 over on his chart. Dirty Computer was her first album that I've heard in full.

01 (04) 04 | "Pynk" - Janelle Monáe ft. Grimes | 1 (1) | [G]
                02 (NE) 01 | "Americans" - Janelle Monáe | 2 (1)
                03 (15) 04 | "Every Little Part Of Me" - Kylie Minogue | 2 (1) | [G]
                04 (01) 02 | "No Tears Left To Cry" - Ariana Grande | 1 (1) | [G]
                05 (03) 02 | "Babe" - Sugarland ft. Taylor Swift | 3

Thanks again, cheapthrills!
                last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                  Site Supporter
                  • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by bm08
                  I feel like I've been missing out for so long. It was only recently that I discovered Years & Years and "All For You" is a standout track for me.

"Back To You" by Selena Gomez has also been getting a lot of play from me recently.

The two Taylor Swift tracks are great too. I especially like "Call It What You Want".

Over all, love the bottom half of your chart more than the top half.
                  Hey bm08! Many thanks for popping in here!

Yeah, that's happened to me with quite a few acts over the years! I just dove into CHVRCHES's catalog for the first time this year, after getting hooked on "Get Out," and it had me wishing I'd given Every Open Eye a chance ages ago! I'm especially glad to hear that you're a fan of "All For You," since it seems like it charmed far fewer people around here than some of the other Palo Santo promo singles/preview tracks.

"Back To You" has been a more enduring hit for me than I initially expected! On one hand, the track is pretty damn sad, with her resigned to the fate that she'll always have feelings for this person (no matter what they do to her, no matter who else she dates)...but the song has this somewhat soothing quality to it too.

Borrowing from Akini: "Call It What You Want" is such a prime example of "chill Taylor." It didn't make much of an impact on me when she released it as a promo single, or even when the full album dropped, but it's grown into one of my most-played reputation tracks (just behind "Look What You Made Me Do" and "Delicate"). It has a similar effect on me as "Back To You," actually (without telling as sad of a story).

Ha, I'll gladly take a 50% approval rate!

Thanks again, bm!
                  last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                    Site Supporter
                    • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tansike
                    SMH on missing out a charts One would think Im used to when you post your updates time to catch up again now!
                    Ha, you're totally fine Especially with our huge time difference, I probably post my charts at a time that makes no sense in your time zone (and I'm not always 100% consistent about when I get around to posting it). Also - this way I'll feel less guilty when I inevitably miss one (or more) of your charts...

Interestingly, Kerlis Love Is Dead isnt even that far off musically compared to CHVRCHES music.

What, really? That surprises me, as I thought Every Open Eye was a hit for you back when it came out! Im going on vacation soon and sometimes I have lots of time to check out some music, so Ill write Every Open Eye on my to-do-list. I heard the album once or twice when it was released but I remember absolutely nothing
                    Ooh...trying to tempt me into checking out Kerli's album with that comparison, eh? ;)

Have an awesome vacation!! Best of luck with your partner's family! Not that you have anything to worry about when it comes to charming anyone ;) Maybe just hold off on any nude sunbathing in their yard until theyve gotten to know you a bit...or maybe that's the best way to win them over? Every Open Eye probably would've made a splash with me if I'd had the sense to give it a proper chance back when it came out! Another UKMIXer actually shared a couple of its tracks with me in early 2016, but I wasn't too impressed on first listen. He also recommended a couple of Grimes's songs at the exact same time, and those COMPLETELY hooked me, so I didn't give CHVRCHES another thought until "Get Out" dropped earlier this year.

Yes. Well, if I would listen to Speak Now these days, I most likely wouldnt love it as much as I did back in the days, but considering the great memories & stuff (which counts a lot for me too when ranking albums), its definitely first, followed by Fearless. Red somehow never fully clicked with me, even though I remember playing it quite often, but it seemed like the were too many songs which were just solid; I Knew You Were Trouble. was amazing, but it also felt very out of place. Glad to hear your thoughts about Fearless <3 I dont even remember how I discovered her because back when I bought the physical copy of Fearless, she was still so unknown over here.
                    **Nod** It'd probably be a similar story for me and Fearless now: I haven't played it from start-to-finish in years, and I'm not sure I'd come away from it with the same level of enthusiasm that I once did.

Red probably could've done with a bit of trimming (especially some of the many sloowwww songs). 19 tracks for the deluxe edition (not counting the demo versions tacked onto the end) makes for a pretty long album, especially from a mainstream country/pop act. Granted, the fact that it has so many songs probably played a role in it racking up more Scrobbles than her other albums. Ha, whatever your reason, I'm glad you picked up Fearless! Even though "Love Story" was a pretty big hit overseas (and "You Belong With Me" was a decent-sized hit), a lot of people outside the US didn't really start following her until Red (which isn't too shocking, since country music artists rarely catch on abroad. Even Shania had to release popified versions of her stuff).

Haha, not fully nude

Ah well, I guess there were so many people thinking similar, also when Miley, Selena or Demi tried to make music. So since her discography is still pretty much undiscovered for me, is there something you would recommend apart from the popular singles?
                    Ah, so just a washcloth draped over your majestic manhood for modesty's sake? ;)

You might know "Wake Up" already, since it was one of her bigger earlier hits...so as far as her album tracks go, I'm not sure if these will do much for you, but I probably revisit "Jericho" and "Outside Of You" the most.

Now this makes a lot of sense, as I felt the same to be honest. But they still belong to my favorite Kygo songs, simply because I never fully got into his stuff so far. Remind Me To Forget comes close now.
                    Yeah, even at his "best", Kygo hasn't come close to hooking me as much as other DJs like Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Cheat Codes, The Chainsmokers, DJ Snake, etc. have with several of their singles.

Oh, yeah, that was probably me, or at least I was thinking that as well I think it doesnt make sense to wait months and months or even years to finally get a hit and then release an album. Artists should stick to their album campaign and still do their stuff, even if its flopping. Of course theres always a label behind them which basically just wants money, but in the end what money are they getting with only releasing singles after singles and nothing clicks with the public? Im sure Meghans album will bomb and with bomb I really mean so, because I wouldnt be surprised if this misses out the Top40 or so on Billboard. But after that she can at least finish this chapter and move on, otherwise something drags on for too long
                    On the album chart? I hope its first week isn't QUITE that tragic, but I definitely expect it to miss the Top 10 (unless she suddenly gets a hit single in the next month). It'll have to rely basically entirely on actual album sales, since none of its tracks are being streamed or downloaded much.

All For You grew on me since the album came out and I wouldnt mind it to be an official single at some point, so its nice to see that one smashing. However, Palo Santo remains my favorite song on their album, so Im obviously even happier to see that one climbing into your Top5 <3
                    I'm really glad that you've warmed up to "All For You" <3 They actually put out a pretty simple/low-budget (but still interesting/entertaining) video for it. I'd love to have even ~25% of Olly's vivaciousness myself Any rate, "Palo Santo" definitely seems like a massive fan favorite around UKMIX!

So you checked out Palo Santo and it seems to have a massive effect here, which I love to see. I think its definitely a very strong album and Id even say its one of the best pop releases this year so far. Unfortunately, my highlights arent doing too well (the title track, Hypnotised and Rendezvous), while I would rank Preacher and Lucky Escape to the weaker songs on the album (but theyre still good)
                    Ha, yeah, it looks like we've had another Love Is Dead situation with Palo Santo (where our faves and least faves are almost exactly flipped) Ah well, it's still fun to have us rooting for the same artists, at least!

Cool to see Britneys Man On The Moon back. I had a little Britney day a week and a half ago and listened to some of her albums ("Blackout", "Circus", "Femme fatale", "Britney Jean" and "Glory"). I really miss her, hopefully she comes back soon, as Im always here for her.
                    YES! I've had Glory on the brain lately, which I hadn't re-visited in a while, and I still REALLY enjoy quite a few of its tracks: "Man On The Moon," "Mood Ring," "Make Me....," "If I'm Dancing," "Invitation," "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)", etc.

Thanks again, Tansike!
                    last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                      Site Supporter
                      • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Top 30
                      Chart Date: 07/20/18

Terror Jr blast back onto the chart with "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me," their first new entry since October and third No. 1 total.

[youtube:3vqi8xce]jtXesoUt37w[/youtube:3vqi8xce]

01 (NE) 01 | "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" - Terror Jr | 1 (1)
                      02 (01) 03 | "N'oublie Pas" - Mylène Farmer ft. LP | 1 (1) | [G]
                      03 (02) 04 | "All For You" - Years & Years | 1 (2) | [P]
                      04 (NE) 01 | "God Is A Woman" - Ariana Grande | 4
                      05 (06) 03 | "No Angel" - Charli XCX | 3 | [G]
                      06 (04) 02 | "Finally Free" - Niall Horan | 4
                      07 (RE) 07 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [P]
                      08 (RE) 08 | "No Tears Left To Cry" - Ariana Grande | 1 (1) | [P]
                      09 (RE) 16 | "Honeymoon Avenue" - Ariana Grande | 2 (3) | [3xP]
                      10 (RE) 11 | "Make Me..." - Britney Spears ft. G-Eazy | 2 (2) | [P]
                      11 (03) 02 | "Preacher" - Years & Years | 3
                      12 (10) 02 | "Howl" - Years & Years | 10
                      13 (RE) 04 | "Dead Girl Walking" - Terror Jr | 8
                      14 (25) 04 | "Palo Santo" - Years & Years | 5
                      15 (05) 02 | "Lucky Escape" - Years & Years | 5
                      16 (RE) 04 | "Holding Your Tongue" - Terror Jr | 8 | [G]
                      17 (RE) 23 | "Break Free" - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                      18 (RE) 12 | "Better Left Unsaid" - Ariana Grande | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                      19 (11) 04 | "All The Ways" - Meghan Trainor | 2 (1) | [G]
                      20 (14) 02 | "Barcelona" - Max George | 14
                      21 (13) 18 | "Delicate" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                      22 (08) 02 | "Karma" - Years & Years | 8
                      23 (28) 14 | "Man On The Moon" - Britney Spears | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                      24 (RE) 22 | "Heartbreaks" - Terror Jr | 1 (3) | [3xP]
                      25 (07) 02 | "Hallelujah" - Years & Years | 7
                      26 (RE) 04 | "Smoke" - Terror Jr | 11 | [G]
                      27 (RE) 07 | "Appreciation" - Terror Jr | 3 | [G]
                      28 (09) 08 | "If You're Over Me" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
                      29 (RE) 08 | "3 Strikes" - Terror Jr | 6 | [G]
                      30 (RE) 15 | "Do Or Die" - Terror Jr | 1 (1) | [2xP]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                      [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                      last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• JSparksFan
                        Moderator and Site Supporter
                        • 24 Jul 2009

I like your #1, but I'm more impressed with "N'oublie Pas" making it to #1 last week, and "God Is a Woman" debuting in the top 4.

Speaking of Ariana, "Honeymoon Avenue" is comfortably my favourite of all of the Ms. Grande re-entries. I love that whilst most of the Y&Y tracks are tumbling, the gorgeous title track finds a way to ascend 11 ranks.

01 (NE) 01 | "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" - Terror Jr | 1 (1)
                        07 (RE) 07 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [P]
                        24 (RE) 22 | "Heartbreaks" - Terror Jr | 1 (3) | [3xP]

Yeah, from what I've gathered, "All For You" isn't what most people want from Y&Y, but it truly shakes my pop-loving soul (especially the bridge/middle 8: "no blood, no love, been doing it all for youUuUu...") <3 I appreciate your restraint in opting for "less stunning" over "this pedestrian, pop-by-numbers mess is completely beneath them and an unsightly blemish not only on Palo Santo, but their entire catalog thus far."
                        I'll revisit it to see if that bit you highlighted is able to resonate with me!

Honestly, I really like every song on the Palo Santo album. There really aren't any blemishes for me.

It wasn't until I read some interviews and reviews for the album recently that I finally fully understood the story Olly's telling in "Sanctify" - which is pretty embarrassing, since he's not exactly subtle, but I guess I hadn't been listening very carefully "you don't have to be straight with me, I see what's underneath your mask..." Unfortunately, it's still somewhat of a "Fall In Line" situation for me, where I love the content of what's being said, but the way those words have been put to music just doesn't quite click with me.
                        I feel like I may have written about this and posted it as a review...on the site's homepage...where it stayed for six weeks.

You're absolutely right! Sounds like it's already been making its way around UKMIX for a little while now, though! Apparently it debuted at No. 1 in France, but that's not a chart I check often.
                        And more relevantly, it's a #1 hit here!
                        Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#7]
                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
                        AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
                        Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• Tansike
                          Site Supporter
                          • 28 Jan 2012

Ha, you're totally fine Especially with our huge time difference, I probably post my charts at a time that makes no sense in your time zone (and I'm not always 100% consistent about when I get around to posting it). Also - this way I'll feel less guilty when I inevitably miss one (or more) of your charts...
                          <3
                          To be fair, i don't even think the time difference is that big. You're probably around six hours 'behind' me. Also, you never missed one of my charts lately which i'm very grateful for to be honest. Your comment is a thing i'm always looking forward for to read and a highlight of the week for me

Ooh...trying to tempt me into checking out Kerli's album with that comparison, eh? ;)

Have an awesome vacation!! Best of luck with your partner's family! Not that you have anything to worry about when it comes to charming anyone ;) Maybe just hold off on any nude sunbathing in their yard until they’ve gotten to know you a bit...or maybe that's the best way to win them over? Every Open Eye probably would've made a splash with me if I'd had the sense to give it a proper chance back when it came out! Another UKMIXer actually shared a couple of its tracks with me in early 2016, but I wasn't too impressed on first listen. He also recommended a couple of Grimes's songs at the exact same time, and those COMPLETELY hooked me, so I didn't give CHVRCHES another thought until "Get Out" dropped earlier this year.
                          Oh, even without a similarity i'd recommend you that album simply because it's Kerli Joking aside, she's most likely finally releasing her new album soon as they announced that all of the songs have been written and recorded and they are "in the final stages of the project being completed". I'm obviously very excited and since you're using Apple Music now, it may be a good chance to check her out when it's coming out?
                          (as a dedicated fan i already have to promote her, sorry!)

Thank you so much! So i guess you read about me meeting my partner's family over in my topic? Haha we'll see. My partner is already so open-minded so i'm quite sure the whole family will be that way as well, plus Filipinos are always so friendly, so it's just me being worried about nothing as it happens way too often

Oh interesting! So it was the same with you when it comes to "Every Open Eyes", as it also didn't make the best impression on me after one or two spins, and none of the songs stuck in my head which rarely happens when giving albums a go. Let's see if i find some time to listen to it again over the next two weeks. Charli XCX's "Pop 2" and "Number 1 Angel" are on the same list btw, as i want to try to dive into them as i feel like i didn't give them the chances they deserved...

**Nod** It'd probably be a similar story for me and Fearless now: I haven't played it from start-to-finish in years, and I'm not sure I'd come away from it with the same level of enthusiasm that I once did.

Red probably could've done with a bit of trimming (especially some of the many sloowwww songs). 19 tracks for the deluxe edition (not counting the demo versions tacked onto the end) makes for a pretty long album, especially from a mainstream country/pop act. Granted, the fact that it has so many songs probably played a role in it racking up more Scrobbles than her other albums. Ha, whatever your reason, I'm glad you picked up Fearless! Even though "Love Story" was a pretty big hit overseas (and "You Belong With Me" was a decent-sized hit), a lot of people outside the US didn't really start following her until Red (which isn't too shocking, since country music artists rarely catch on abroad. Even Shania had to release popified versions of her stuff).
                          Hmm… thinking about them, I guess I need to put some of Taylor’s old albums to my vacation-playlist as well, as “Fearless” and “Speak Now” are both albums which deserve a spin as well after such a long time.

True. “I Knew You Were Trouble.” was her first big hit in the mainstream. “Love Story” was quite a hit in the UK iirc but it wasn’t a big hit in other European countries from what I remember. I already owned the album when they introduced Taylor with “Love Story” on a popular music channel back then and I still remember that so well.
                          Have you also heard her self-titled debut album? If so, is it worth to check out? I never heard it, not even the singles, but sometimes I’m quite curious about it. I’m just not sure if it’s really worth to check out…

Ah, so just a washcloth draped over your majestic manhood for modesty's sake? ;)

You might know "Wake Up" already, since it was one of her bigger earlier hits...so as far as her album tracks go, I'm not sure if these will do much for you, but I probably revisit "Jericho" and "Outside Of You" the most.

We’ll see!

Ah yes. “Wake Up” was the first song I knew from her & also knew it was her. I obviously also knew “So Yesterday” but I never knew it was her until just a few years ago Thanks, I’ll check these out!

Yeah, even at his "best", Kygo hasn't come close to hooking me as much as other DJs like Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Cheat Codes, The Chainsmokers, DJ Snake, etc. have with several of their singles.
                          True! Though while some of them have one or two very strong singles, the rest isn't that good IMO, so overall i'd still prefer Kygo. Interesting to see David Guetta on that list - did he never score a huge hit for you, or just a few? I often forget that he's not as huge in the US as he is over here...

On the album chart? I hope its first week isn't QUITE that tragic, but I definitely expect it to miss the Top 10 (unless she suddenly gets a hit single in the next month). It'll have to rely basically entirely on actual album sales, since none of its tracks are being streamed or downloaded much.
                          That's what bothers me. Pure sales are currently so incredibly low, and some albums sell nothing and have huge streaming numbers. Maybe i'm currently too pessimistic, but as you say Top10 looks currently absolutely impossible. Maybe i'm also underestimating her fanbase and she will pull nice debut numbers, but will leave the charts completely after a few more weeks.
                          I'm still shocked that "Let You Be Right" and "No Excuses" both didn't click with the public as they and "Can't Dance" were still quite good. Would be interesting to see what caused her downfall. Is the Spotify boycott really the reason? I mean, "Me Too" was still a big hit even without streaming support, and the strong "Better" flopped completely out of a sudden, despite being praised from everyone.

I'm really glad that you've warmed up to "All For You" <3 They actually put out a pretty simple/low-budget (but still interesting/entertaining) video for it. I'd love to have even ~25% of Olly's vivaciousness myself Any rate, "Palo Santo" definitely seems like a massive fan favorite around UKMIX!
                          I had no idea about that video - thanks for sharing! Also thanks for sharing the word 'vivaciousness' - i never heard that one so far! Would be interesting to see what happens if one tries the mentioned number. It looks like it really worked with some people!
                          Yes, very pleased to see the title track being a favorite here

Ha, yeah, it looks like we've had another Love Is Dead situation with Palo Santo (where our faves and least faves are almost exactly flipped) Ah well, it's still fun to have us rooting for the same artists, at least!
                          True! And who knows, some songs may still grow on me or you. It actually happened to "Lucky Escape" which i'd rank a bit higher now than i did a week ago.

YES! I've had Glory on the brain lately, which I hadn't re-visited in a while, and I still REALLY enjoy quite a few of its tracks: "Man On The Moon," "Mood Ring," "Make Me....," "If I'm Dancing," "Invitation," "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)", etc.

Thanks again, Tansike!
                          Glad to hear you're also still enjoying "Glory", even though it's yet again another case where we don't share the same faves and you basically mentioned most of the songs i'm not that into (especially "Make Me" & "Invitation", plus i only heard "Mood Ring" like once as it's not on my version ). I'm still a sucker for the guilty pleasure that is "Clumsy"

05 (06) 03 | "No Angel" - Charli XCX | 3 | [G]
                          18 (RE) 12 | "Better Left Unsaid" - Ariana Grande | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                          Didn’t expect such a high debut after reading somewhere that you weren’t that much into “God Is A Woman”, but I’m obviously more than happy <3
                          I’m even more happy seeing the huge impact “God Is A Woman” made on Ariana’s discography. Glad “No Tears” made a well deserved re-entry in the Top10, and I loooove to see “Break Free” back, which still is my favorite song by her. I forgot how successful “Better Left Unsaid” was – being certified 2xP just as “Break Free” despite spending 11 weeks less on your charts seems immense

Glad Years & Years still have some entries, and nice to see some of Britney’s “Glory”-tracks back.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                            Site Supporter
                            • 29 Nov 2007

Many thanks and much love for the comments!

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                            I like your #1, but I'm more impressed with "N'oublie Pas" making it to #1 last week, and "God Is a Woman" debuting in the top 4.
                            "N'obulie Pas" is definitely one of my favorite JakeP discoveries ever! I forgot to answer over in your thread after you'd asked about "Lost On You," but he actually introduced me to LP in general when that song was smashing on his chart (which made it to No. 4 here and came away with a Gold cert). "N'obulie Pas" has hit me even harder, though! The ladies sound SO lovely together, and the English/French duet blend is a captivating combo that I don't hear often (partially because I don't explore French music much, aside from some of Céline's selections). Catchy chorus too, of course. <3

"God Is A Woman" benefitted from "brand new Ari offering" hype I do like it, but it's a far cry from her most impactful offerings for me...

Speaking of Ariana, "Honeymoon Avenue" is comfortably my favourite of all of the Ms. Grande re-entries. I love that whilst most of the Y&Y tracks are tumbling, the gorgeous title track finds a way to ascend 11 ranks.
                            ...like "Honeymoon Avenue," for example Yeah, I've been pretty hot-and-cold with "Palo Santo": 29 - *5* - 25 - 14 - OUT. Maybe I just need to be in a certain mood for it?

Honestly, I really like every song on the Palo Santo album. There really aren't any blemishes for me.
                            Ooh...I didn't realize the album was that consistent for you! Well, maybe "consistent" isn't quite right, but...void of low points/total mis-steps?

I feel like I may have written about this and posted it as a review...on the site's homep-age...where it stayed for six weeks.
                            Ha, whoops In my defense, though, I usually go straight to: http://www.ukmix.org/forums. Obviously any review of yours deserves more than a mere six-week-stint too, but it looks like you're back in the spotlight with a different review now anyway!

"we can brace ourselves for even more ambitious and mature lyricism and production from Y&Y...", and here I am obsessed with the track that goes "you look like you're so damn scared, I don't really think you care, you know, you know that our time is through..." Knowing that you came into the album with that outlook in mind, I'm even more grateful that you didn't completely tear my beloved less-than-lyrically-mature "All For You" to shreds!

And more relevantly, it's a #1 hit here!
                            Your perspective is perfectly on-point, per usual.

Thanks again, Akini!
                            last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                              Site Supporter
                              • 29 Nov 2007

<3 To be fair, i don't even think the time difference is that big. You're probably around six hours 'behind' me. Also, you never missed one of my charts lately which i'm very grateful for to be honest. Your com-ment is a thing i'm always looking forward for to read and a highlight of the week for me
                              Aw, you're making me actually blush over here! I'm truly touched to know that my comments have that impact. Same goes for your comments here, of course! <3

After a quick Google, it looks like I'm 9 hours behind Switzerland right now (since Daylight Savings Time is in effect here)...but no matter the exact time difference, life happens, so I definitely don't hold any grudges when people can't get around to commenting sometimes. ;)

Oh, even without a similarity i'd recommend you that album simply because it's Kerli Joking aside, she's most likely finally releasing her new album soon as they announced that all of the songs have been writ-ten and recorded and they are "in the final stages of the project being completed". I'm obviously very excited and since you're using Apple Music now, it may be a good chance to check her out when it's coming out?
                              (as a dedicated fan i already have to promote her, sorry!)

Thank you so much! So i guess you read about me meeting my partner's family over in my topic? Haha we'll see. My partner is already so open-minded so i'm quite sure the whole family will be that way as well, plus Filipinos are always so friendly, so it's just me being worried about nothing as it happens way too often
                              Shameless! Kidding aside, it's awesome to see you so excited! Was her last album/EP really all the way back in 2013?

Ha, yeah, that caught my eye over in your thread! I feel you, though. I always get so nervous/anxious whenever my bf's family comes to visit, or I attend some family event of theirs, but they've always been warm, friendly, and welcoming. The pressure/stress is completely in my head. It's sweet that you care enough about your man and his family to be worried, though! <3

Hmm thinking about them, I guess I need to put some of Taylors old albums to my vacation-playlist as well, as Fearless and Speak Now are both albums which deserve a spin as well after such a long time.

Have you also heard her self-titled debut album? If so, is it worth to check out? I never heard it, not even the singles, but sometimes Im quite curious about it. Im just not sure if its really worth to check out
                              YES! If you won't be playing Yellow on the plane, turning the flight into a Taylor listening party sounds like a perfect alternative! ;)

I do have her debut, since I liked "Teardrops On My Guitar" and "Our Song" enough to pick it up back then, but it's definitely her most country-leaning album, and the fact that she was so young when it came out (16ish) is reflected in some of the songwriting. Her voice sounds a bit weaker at times too. Like we've said before regarding Apple Music/streaming, it can't hurt to give the album a try, but I won't be too shocked if it ends up being your least favorite of hers. If you just want a quick taste, my favorite non-singles are probably "Cold As You" and "Stay Beautiful".

True! Though while some of them have one or two very strong singles, the rest isn't that good IMO, so overall i'd still prefer Kygo. Interesting to see David Guetta on that list - did he never score a huge hit for you, or just a few? I often forget that he's not as huge in the US as he is over here...
                              Yeah, largely thanks to the Nothing But The Beat era. His biggest hits so far (as the lead artist) have been:

"Turn Me On" = No. 1 peak | 7 weeks total | [G]
                              "Who's That Chick?" = No. 2 | 8 wks | [P]
                              "Memories" = No. 3 | 2 wks
                              "Without You" = No. 4 | 7 wks | [G]
                              "She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)" = No. 6 | 6 wks | [P]
                              "Titanium" = No. 8 | 2 wks | [G]

Could I possibly get one of your nifty artist-discography-screenshot for him?

That's what bothers me. Pure sales are currently so incredibly low, and some albums sell nothing and have huge streaming numbers. Maybe i'm currently too pessimistic, but as you say Top10 looks currently abso-lutely impossible. Maybe i'm also underestimating her fanbase and she will pull nice debut numbers, but will leave the charts completely after a few more weeks.

I'm still shocked that "Let You Be Right" and "No Excuses" both didn't click with the public as they and "Can't Dance" were still quite good. Would be interesting to see what caused her downfall. Is the Spotify boycott really the reason? I mean, "Me Too" was still a big hit even without streaming support, and the strong "Better" flopped completely out of a sudden, despite being praised from everyone.
                              Ha, I might be overly optimistic/naiive, but I'd like to think she still has enough of a fanbase for a Top 20 debut...but after that, like you've said, I fully expect it to plummet down the chart.

Ugh, I really don't get it - ESPECIALLY with "Better." That seemed like the PERFECT way to follow-up "Me Too": it didn't sound like any of the Title singles or first two Thank You singles, but it was still super catchy/radio-friendly, AND came with one of her most interesting videos yet! Maybe people just burned out on her, since she released "NO" so soon after "Like I'm Gonna Lose You," and had quite a few hits in such a short span oftime? People did see her as a bit gimmicky from the start, with all the doo-wop influence on her first album, and most of her singles did share the same themes of "I love myself and you best respect/appreciate me or GTFO..."

I had no idea about that video - thanks for sharing! Also thanks for sharing the word 'vivacious-ness' - i never heard that one so far! Would be interesting to see what happens if one tries the men-tioned number. It looks like it really worked with some people!
                              Ha, sorry, I probably could've found a simpler way to say that I just wanted to find a word that captures Olly's adorable...charm/energy/bubbliness. I'd love to convey more of that myself!

True! And who knows, some songs may still grow on me or you. It actually happened to "Lucky Escape" which i'd rank a bit higher now than i did a week ago.
                              **Nod** Always possible! For example - we were talking about Taylor's Speak Now the other week, and "Long Live" didn't click with me until over 3 months after that album dropped!

Glad to hear you're also still enjoying "Glory", even though it's yet again another case where we don't share the same faves and you basically mentioned most of the songs i'm not that into (especially "Make Me" & "Invitation", plus i only heard "Mood Ring" like once as it's not on my version ). I'm still a sucker for the guilty pleasure that is "Clum-sy"
                              Maybe this is why we work well? We appreciate many of the same artists, but differ in our favorite tracks enough to keep the discussions interesting/unpredictable! "Clumsy" is cute, just not quite one of my top faves. I'd strongly encourage you to re-visit/get ahold of "Mood Ring" somehow, though!

Didnt expect such a high debut after reading somewhere that you werent that much into God Is A Woman, but Im obviously more than happy <3 Im even more happy seeing the huge impact God Is A Woman made on Arianas discography. Glad No Tears made a well deserved re-entry in the Top10, and I loooove to see Break Free back, which still is my favorite song by her. I forgot how successful Better Left Unsaid was being certified 2xP just as Break Free despite spending 11 weeks less on your charts seems immense
                              Like I was saying to Akini above, "God Is A Woman" definitely benefited from "new Ari offering" hype I do like it, but I've loved a lot of her other stuff SO much more.

Ha, yeah, regarding that high cert for "Better Left Unsaid": I played her debut album uhLOT in a short span of time after it came out "Almost Is Never Enough" is the only Yours Truly track to not have a cert, and "You'll Never Know" is the only track that's "just" Gold (everything else is Platinum or higher). It was my second-most-Scrobbled album of 2013 (behind Tay's Red).

Thanks again, Tansike!
                              last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                Site Supporter
                                • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Top 30
                                Chart Date: 07/27/18

Terror Jr stay perched in the clouds with "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me," which becomes their second multi-week-No. 1 (following "Heartbreaks" last year).

[youtube:13idd8uj]jtXesoUt37w[/youtube:13idd8uj]

01 (01) 02 | "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" - Terror Jr | 1 (2) | [G]
                                02 (03) 05 | "All For You" - Years & Years | 1 (2) | [P]
                                03 (NE) 01 | "Love It If We Made It" - The 1975 | 3
                                04 (19) 05 | "All The Ways" - Meghan Trainor | 2 (1) | [G]
                                05 (17) 24 | "Break Free" - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd | 1 (1) | [3xP]
                                06 (NE) 01 | "Get Into My Car" - Echosmith | 6
                                07 (NE) 01 | "Happy Now" - Zedd ft. Elley Duhé | 7
                                08 (07) 08 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [P]
                                09 (24) 23 | "Heartbreaks" - Terror Jr | 1 (3) | [3xP]
                                10 (RE) 07 | "Somebody Else" - The 1975 | 3 | [P]
                                11 (NE) 01 | "Treat Myself" - Meghan Trainor | 11
                                12 (05) 04 | "No Angel" - Charli XCX | 3 | [G]
                                13 (RE) 03 | "Useless" - Terror Jr | 12
                                14 (02) 04 | "N'oublie Pas" - Mylène Farmer ft. LP | 1 (1) | [G]
                                15 (RE) 24 | "Moonlight" - Ariana Grande | 1 (3) | [3xP]
                                16 (28) 09 | "If You're Over Me" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
                                17 (RE) 13 | "Give Your Heart A Break" - Demi Lovato | 2 (2) | [2xP]
                                18 (RE) 09 | "Body Say" - Demi Lovato | 2 (1) | [G]
                                19 (16) 05 | "Holding Your Tongue" - Terror Jr | 8 | [G]
                                20 (11) 03 | "Preacher" - Years & Years | 3
                                21 (06) 03 | "Finally Free" - Niall Horan | 4
                                22 (RE) 07 | "Never Say Die" - CHVRCHES | 1 (1) | [G]
                                23 (RE) 06 | "Get Out" - CHVRCHES | 1 (1) | [G]
                                24 (26) 05 | "Smoke" - Terror Jr | 11 | [G]
                                25 (NE) 01 | "Lessons" - Echosmith | 25
                                26 (NE) 01 | "Over My Head" - Echosmith | 26
                                27 (RE) 06 | "Fight And F**k" - Terror Jr | 5 | [G]
                                28 (RE) 02 | "I'm A Mess" - Bebe Rexha | 28
                                29 (04) 02 | "God Is A Woman" - Ariana Grande | 4
                                30 (RE) 15 | "One Last Time" - Ariana Grande | 2 (1) | [2xP]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• JSparksFan
                                  Moderator and Site Supporter
                                  • 24 Jul 2009

Okay, so good to see the Terror Jr track still at #1, and "All for You" is stubbornly chugging on in the upper echelons of your list, but I decided to check out "Love It If We Made It" because it's your highest-ranked entry I didn't know, and it's so noisy. I feel like I've complained about this before with a Charli XCX track. I'm also trying to recall when 'noisy' tracks fell out of favour with my ears.

Great that your disapproval of "God Is a Woman" is at least resulting in you revisiting the Ari songs that you do love. "Break Free" is one I've viewed as fairly meh for a long time, but you definitely sold me on "Moonlight" to the point where it's probably among her career-best top 5 for me, and "One Last Time" has been a winner for me since the Manchester tragedy.

I don't care too much for the Meghan Trainor songs. Her tracks typically have a short shelf life for me, but she hasn't really stunned me since "No". A highlight, though, is that fantastic climb for my favourite Terror Jr tune, "Heartbreaks". Lost at sea in the same boat, my heart breaks but I don't.

01 (01) 02 | "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" - Terror Jr | 1 (2) | [G]
                                  02 (03) 05 | "All For You" - Years & Years | 1 (2) | [P]
                                  04 (19) 05 | "All The Ways" - Meghan Trainor | 2 (1) | [G]
                                  05 (17) 24 | "Break Free" - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd | 1 (1) | [3xP]
                                  08 (07) 08 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [P]
                                  09 (24) 23 | "Heartbreaks" - Terror Jr | 1 (3) | [3xP]
                                  11 (NE) 01 | "Treat Myself" - Meghan Trainor | 11
                                  12 (05) 04 | "No Angel" - Charli XCX | 3 | [G]
                                  14 (02) 04 | "N'oublie Pas" - Mylène Farmer ft. LP | 1 (1) | [G]
                                  15 (RE) 24 | "Moonlight" - Ariana Grande | 1 (3) | [3xP]
                                  16 (28) 09 | "If You're Over Me" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
                                  17 (RE) 13 | "Give Your Heart A Break" - Demi Lovato | 2 (2) | [2xP]
                                  18 (RE) 09 | "Body Say" - Demi Lovato | 2 (1) | [G]
                                  20 (11) 03 | "Preacher" - Years & Years | 3
                                  21 (06) 03 | "Finally Free" - Niall Horan | 4
                                  28 (RE) 02 | "I'm A Mess" - Bebe Rexha | 28
                                  29 (04) 02 | "God Is A Woman" - Ariana Grande | 4
                                  30 (RE) 15 | "One Last Time" - Ariana Grande | 2 (1) | [2xP]

"N'obulie Pas" is definitely one of my favorite JakeP discoveries ever! I forgot to answer over in your thread after you'd asked about "Lost On You," but he actually introduced me to LP in general when that song was smashing on his chart (which made it to No. 4 here and came away with a Gold cert). "N'obulie Pas" has hit me even harder, though! The ladies sound SO lovely together, and the English/French duet blend is a captivating combo that I don't hear often (partially because I don't explore French music much, aside from some of Céline's selections). Catchy chorus too, of course. <3
                                  Ah, glad you appreciate LP so much. I certainly prefer "Lost on You", but "N'obulie Pas" is a keeper as well.

"God Is A Woman" benefitted from "brand new Ari offering" hype I do like it, but it's a far cry from her most impactful offerings for me...
                                  Aw, this is an interesting role reversal because I'd say you're definitely the bigger Ari fan, so for me to enjoy "God Is a Woman" significantly more than you do is a fun change!

But, yeah, um, I didn't think I'd ever be saying this about an Ariana Grande single, but come year-end countdown season, "God Is a Woman" just may start as my favourite for song of the year. And if Sweetener is as good as I think it'll be, she might be a top contender for album and artist of the year honours, too! Life is funny because Ariana has quietly become one of my favourite new acts of the decade.

Ooh...I didn't realize the album was that consistent for you! Well, maybe "consistent" isn't quite right, but...void of low points/total mis-steps?
                                  Actually, both interpretations work for me! I revisited "Hallelujah" the other day, and that one has grown on me, so now the album is even better in my eyes.

Ha, whoops In my defense, though, I usually go straight to: http://www.ukmix.org/forums. Obviously any review of yours deserves more than a mere six-week-stint too, but it looks like you're back in the spotlight with a different review now anyway!

"we can brace ourselves for even more ambitious and mature lyricism and production from Y&Y...", and here I am obsessed with the track that goes "you look like you're so damn scared, I don't really think you care, you know, you know that our time is through..." Knowing that you came into the album with that outlook in mind, I'm even more grateful that you didn't completely tear my beloved less-than-lyrically-mature "All For You" to shreds!
                                  It's funny because whenever I visit your chart and see "All for You" I listen to it to try to hear some of the magic you do, and I still haven't connected to it yet.
                                  Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#7]
                                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
                                  AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
                                  Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                    Site Supporter
                                    • 29 Nov 2007

Okay, so good to see the Terror Jr track still at #1, and "All for You" is stubbornly chugging on in the upper echelons of your list, but I decided to check out "Love It If We Made It" because it's your highest-ranked entry I didn't know, and it's so noisy. I feel like I've complained about this before with a Charli XCX track. I'm also trying to recall when 'noisy' tracks fell out of favour with my ears.
                                    Ha, "noisy" is VERY fair for "Love It If We Made It" - especially during the verses. They're basically shouting at us right from the start, and I was taken aback on first listen too, but it still managed to really stick in my head (in a good way, largely thanks to the chorus). I might not be interpreting it right, but I particularly love the title/hook - that way of saying "I hope we can survive/actually make this thing work."

I can totally understand how some listeners wouldn't even be able to make it through the first full play, though and I'm a little surprised at myself by how compelled I am to keep playing it.

Great that your disapproval of "God Is a Woman" is at least resulting in you revisiting the Ari songs that you do love. "Break Free" is one I've viewed as fairly meh for a long time, but you definitely sold me on "Moonlight" to the point where it's probably among her career-best top 5 for me, and "One Last Time" has been a winner for me since the Manchester tragedy.
                                    "Disapproval" is too harsh (though I can see how its chart run here gives that impression) It's just...fine for me, and it's definitely strange/perplexing to watch an artist I've adored (for single after single after single before) finally win over so many people with a song that leaves me feeling fairly indifferent. Per usual, it's totally possible that some substance has gone over my head, but isn't it basically just a sex jam? Her bragging about how sex with her is a divine/transcendent experience? I've got nothing against a good sex jam, but for me she's done that far more effectively with the likes of "Love Me Harder," "Let Me Love You," etc. Is it because she's mixing religious imagery with sex talk...? Speaking of imagery, the video does have a ton of fascinating effects and subtext, so I'm better able to grasp why people have been so impressed by that.

That tragedy certainly gave OLT a whole new level of significance: serving as an anthem for survival and unity, bringing together an entire city (well, world, really, given its global iTunes impact) that's faced such terror.

I don't care too much for the Meghan Trainor songs. Her tracks typically have a short shelf life for me, but she hasn't really stunned me since "No". A highlight, though, is that fantastic climb for my favourite Terror Jr tune, "Heartbreaks". Lost at sea in the same boat, my heart breaks but I don't.
                                    Well, now we know why she decided to push back Treat Myself...

Kidding aside, the fact that "Heartbreaks" ever spoke to you (and still does) warms my heart immensely. <3

But, yeah, um, I didn't think I'd ever be saying this about an Ariana Grande single, but come year-end countdown season, "God Is a Woman" just may start as my favourite for song of the year. And if Sweetener is as good as I think it'll be, she might be a top contender for album and artist of the year honours, too! Life is funny because Ariana has quietly become one of my favourite new acts of the decade.
                                    WOAH! Damn, that song really does have some almighty powers! I still don't get it but I'm definitely not mad that she's impacting people in such a major way! I'm still rooting for her 110%, and given her track record thus far, I'm completely confident that Sweetener will have at least a song or two that truly shakes my soul. What's been her highest ranking on one of your year-end lists so far?

It's funny because whenever I visit your chart and see "All for You" I listen to it to try to hear some of the magic you do, and I still haven't connected to it yet.
                                    Bless you for even still trying with it at this point I really lack the musical knowledge/vocabulary to explore/articulate this well, but it's fascinating how something about the track (something in the melody, or chord progressions, or the instruments used) can impact us in totally different ways. It's easy to see how it's missing the lyrical substance you prefer, but I was (and still am) so completely hooked - singing and dancing along - before the first play was even finished. It embodies all the charming energy and attitude that I often see pouring out of Olly (which really shines through in this video for the track). Like I was saying, I can't explain exactly which elements of the song cause this, but it's one of the ultimate examples of "catchy" for me. <3

Thanks again, Akini!
                                    last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                      Site Supporter
                                      • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Top 30
                                      Chart Date: 08/03/18

It's a case of dueling DJs at the summit, as Guetta wins a tiebreaker with Zedd to claim his second-ever chart-topper: "Don't Leave Me Alone."

[youtube:3rnmuao2]OQfLvlZGYFM[/youtube:3rnmuao2]

01 (NE) 01 | "Don't Leave Me Alone" - David Guetta ft. Anne-Marie | 1 (1)
                                      02 (07) 02 | "Happy Now" - Zedd ft. Elley Duhé | 2 (1)
                                      03 (NE) 01 | "Lay All Your Love On Me" - ABBA | 3
                                      04 (03) 02 | "Love It If We Made It" - The 1975 | 3
                                      05 (NE) 01 | "Dance The Night Away" - TWICE | 5
                                      06 (NE) 01 | "Honey, Honey" - ABBA | 6
                                      07 (NE) 01 | "Mamma Mia" - ABBA | 7
                                      08 (NE) 01 | "One Of Us" - ABBA | 8
                                      09 (NE) 01 | "Chiquitita" - ABBA | 9
                                      10 (NE) 01 | "Super Trouper" - ABBA | 10
                                      11 (06) 02 | "Get Into My Car" - Echosmith | 6
                                      12 (02) 06 | "All For You" - Years & Years | 1 (2) | [P]
                                      13 (15) 25 | "Moonlight" - Ariana Grande | 1 (3) | [3xP]
                                      14 (NE) 01 | "Side Effects" - The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren | 14
                                      15 (01) 03 | "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" - Terror Jr | 1 (2) | [G]
                                      16 (14) 05 | "N'oublie Pas" - Mylène Farmer ft. LP | 1 (1) | [G]
                                      17 (RE) 07 | "The Middle" - Zedd ft. Maren Morris & Grey | 2 (1) | [P]
                                      18 (29) 03 | "God Is A Woman" - Ariana Grande | 4
                                      19 (NE) 01 | "Waterloo" - ABBA | 19
                                      20 (NE) 01 | "Take A Chance On Me" - ABBA | 20
                                      21 (RE) 07 | "She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)" - David Guetta ft. Sia | 6 | [P]
                                      22 (NE) 01 | "S.O.S." - ABBA | 22
                                      23 (NE) 01 | "Thank You For The Music" - ABBA | 23
                                      24 (30) 16 | "One Last Time" - Ariana Grande | 2 (1) | [2xP]
                                      25 (05) 25 | "Break Free" - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd | 1 (1) | [3xP]
                                      26 (RE) 08 | "Turn Me On" - David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj | 1 (1) | [P]
                                      27 (NE) 01 | "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)" - ABBA | 27
                                      28 (RE) 20 | "Into You" - Ariana Grande | 1 (2) | [3xP]
                                      29 (NE) 01 | "Voulez-Vous" - ABBA | 29
                                      30 (10) 08 | "Somebody Else" - The 1975 | 3 | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                      [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                      last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• cheapthrills
                                        Administrator and Site Supporter
                                        • 08 Jul 2016

Re: Paulboard Top 30 | 08.03.18 | you're sitting on my chest

Hmmm, the lyrics in that #1 are vaguely co-dependent ! I love Anne-Marie's voice though.

Did you see the Mamma Mia sequel? I count twelve ABBA songs?? Who has the record for most by an act at once?

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                          Site Supporter
                                          • 29 Nov 2007

Hmmm, the lyrics in that #1 are vaguely co-dependent ! I love Anne-Marie's voice though.

Did you see the Mamma Mia sequel? I count twelve ABBA songs?? Who has the record for most by an act at once?
                                          You've got a point there! Some of the lines are pretty...intense. There's definitely people in my life who I'd really hate to lose, and I'm not always the easiest person to deal with, so the message/theme speaks to me on that level. I haven't gotten hooked on much of Anne-Marie's material so far (aside from "Rockabye"), so it was exciting to come across something featuring her that actually clicked with me in a big way!

I haven't, but I've been seeing ABBA's name everywhere lately thanks to it, so that really put them on my mind (in addition to Akini's ongoing exploration of their catalog over on his chart). They're a classic/iconic act whose albums I've never actually delved into before, and considering there aren't any brand-new releases that catch my interest until Sweetener drops, I figured this was the perfect time to finally add Gold to my library.

OoOh...that's a fun chart history question! It's not a record I've been regularly tracking, but after a quick browse through my archives, I'm pretty positive it was Taylor's 25/30 right after Red dropped in October 2012.

Thanks again, cheapthrills!
                                          last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

Working...