User Tag List

Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2778

Thread: Paulboard Top 30 | 06.14.19 | I can't even go on the Internet...

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 04/19/19

• "Undrunk" has yet to be unseated, which gives us back-to-back multi-week-stints for the first time since Guetta's "Don't Leave Me Alone" (2 weeks) followed Terror Jr's "Heaven Wasn't Made For Me" (2 weeks) last summer.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (01) 03 "Undrunk" Fletcher 1 (2) [G]
    02 (06) 02 "Whisper" Betty Who 2 (1)
    03 (NE) 01 "I'll Still Have Me" CYN 3
    04 (NE) 01 "Boy With Luv" BTS ft. Halsey 4
    05 (NE) 01 "Sixteen" Ellie Goulding 5
    06 (02) 03 "Think Of Me" The Veronicas 2 (1) [G]
    07 (NE) 01 "Believer" CYN 7
    08 (04) 04 "Undo" Naughty Boy ft. Calum... 1 (2) [G]
    09 (RE) 08 "Catch" Allie X 3 [P]
    10 (03) 06 "I Remember" Betty Who 1 (1) [P]
    11 (10) 03 "Ignore Me" Betty Who 10
    12 (05) 05 "Pretty Dark (Demo)" Grimes 4 [G]
    13 (NE) 01 "One In A Million" Otto Knows 13
    14 (RE) 07 "Ghostin" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [P]
    15 (RE) 05 "Bad Idea" Ariana Grande 3 [G]
    16 (RE) 03 "Needy" Ariana Grande 3 [G]
    17 (09) 03 "Bad Guy" Billie Eilish 9
    18 (17) 12 "Starlight" Taylor Swift 6 [2xP]
    19 (RE) 17 "How You Get The Girl" Taylor Swift 3 [2xP]
    20 (RE) 02 "Guns And Horses" Ellie Goulding 14 [G]
    21 (NE) 01 "Together" CYN 21
    22 (NE) 01 "Only With You" CYN 22
    23 (07) 06 "Just Thought You Should Know" Betty Who 2 (1) [G]
    24 (RE) 04 "NASA" Ariana Grande 7 [G]
    24 (RE) 08 "Two Years Ago" Ellie Goulding 1 (1) [P]
    26 (12) 05 "Avalanche" Fletcher 12 [G]
    27 (13) 05 "Mattress (Valley Girl Remix)" Leland ft. Allie X 4 [G]
    28 (RE) 23 "Lights" Ellie Goulding 5 [2xP]
    29 (RE) 07 "You Ruin Me" The Veronicas 4 [G]
    30 (15) 02 "Stop Thinking About You" Betty Who 15

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Superstar
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 18:22

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98 View Post
    Congrats! Do you participate in that pretty often? I think you mentioned entering one of Caro's tracks, but have you used any others in the past?
    Well, I participate often these days because I host it! You should absolutely submit a song next month! Check in on the thread when it opens on May 1. I've discovered some really great music through it.

There's been ten songs that I submitted for FSC that have been in my top ten - four of them have gone to #1

Superstar
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 18:22

OK, I am happy to see Ari's songs resurface, but why do you continue to disregard the perfection that is Bloodline? I've been holding off charting it because I'm hoping it's a single, but instead she had to go and put that trash Monopoly out there.

So I guess it's a big no to the Madonna and Beyonce releases this week?

Bad Guy

I think Undrunk has a slight chance to dent my chart this week - we'll see!

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 21st, 2019, 17:46

You're KILLING with me "Army" being your ONLY Delirium keeper I've seen a lot of people echo what you're saying about "Flux," but it doesn't really remind me of "Under The Sheets," "Starry Eyed," "Guns And Horses," "The Writer" (kind of, maybe?), "Lights," "Anything Could Happen," "Figure 8," etc. "Your Song" and "How Long Will I Love You" seem like the most similar old-school Ellie singles to "Flux" (and both of those were covers). I should add "Explosions" too, but I didn't realize that's what people viewed as classic/fan-favorite Ellie. Her up- and mid-tempos have generally done way more for me than those piano ballads.

Ha, I'm glad I helped you warm up to Calum (ever-so-slightly). Admittedly, I don't actually know his material well, aside from that (in)famous cover and this new collabo. I was just surprised to see you express SUCH disdain for him - but I can understand the frustration of hearing someone bastardize one of your all-time-favorite songs (and then watch people eat that inferior version up).

Louise owes you entirely for making that happen! The Kylie comparison is pretty spot-on. I've seen people mention "Sexercize" as well (mainly regarding the video).

Yes! I wasn't totally sold on "Think Of Me" first, but it really burrowed into my brain before long. A lot of the lines are quite cutting and clever: your gold initials, around my neck, one of a kind, does she have one yet...?"

Is "On Your Side" your favorite of their offerings from the 2010's (or possibly ever)? I've never checked out a full album of theirs, but I have a handful of their singles in my library.

Cheap's chart introduced me to that one! Are you familiar with Broods in general/might you have any other recommendations? "Hospitalized" has been my first taste of them.

Thanks again, Fan!
    Haha, sorry! I have never really invested in that album though, if I am being honest. Especially not compared to her first two albums which I played soo much times.
    I think Flux is kind of similar to The Writer or maybe even more similar to Explosions, but agree it's very different compared to some of the other songs you mentioned. Under The Sheets is still a tune

I have actually never heard any of his other material either, never have given him a chance Dancing On My Own is just a special song and it was frustrating to see it out-charting the original in the UK for example. At least Robyn could some royalties.

Yessss!! So glad to hear you gave Stretch a chance.

On Your Side could easily be one of my favourites, although I love In My Blood a lot as well. Both songs are so different, but they both work. 4Ever will still be their finest moment for me, maybe not their best song, but I loved that song soo much back in the day. Oh, sweet memories.

Ofocurse! I fell in love with Broods when Bridges first appeared on SoundCloud years ago. That song and Never Gonna Change from their debut are worth checking out. Although I feel like their second album would be more your cop of tea- Heartlines, Free and Couldn't Believe would be great songs to start with.
    And how sexy is the lead singer?
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 17:00

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Well, I participate often these days because I host it! You should absolutely submit a song next month! Check in on the thread when it opens on May 1. I've discovered some really great music through it.

There's been ten songs that I submitted for FSC that have been in my top ten - four of them have gone to #1
    Ah, very cool! Hosting games on here is no small feat, so it's awesome that you put in the time and effort to keep that going. Participating seems like a pretty big commitment too (claiming a country, picking a song - then checking out, assessing, and ranking ~20 brand new tunes), but I'll keep it in mind!

Four FSC entries have gone to No. 1, eh? "I'm Gonna Be Loved (This Christmas)," "Change," "Whatchugot," and...?

OK, I am happy to see Ari's songs resurface, but why do you continue to disregard the perfection that is Bloodline? I've been holding off charting it because I'm hoping it's a single, but instead she had to go and put that trash Monopoly out there.
    Reggae-pop Ari isn't my favorite. "Side To Side" was just alright for me, and "Bloodline" feels like a step down from that. It's probably the smartest next single choice, though.

So I guess it's a big no to the Madonna and Beyonce releases this week?
    Ha, well, regarding Madonna: I'm having some comp troubles at the moment, and without access to iTunes, I can't correct that damn "Madonna & Maluma" artist tag that'll throw off all my Scrobbles so it won't be appearing on my chart super-soon. After giving it a few listens via YouTube, I'm not in a massive rush anyway...

B wasn't really at the front of my mind, since it was a surprise release and I'm usually not that enticed by live/concert albums. I got around to adding "Before I Let Go" earlier this week, and that particular track isn't doing a whole lot for me, but it did put me in a MAJOR B mood!

Bad Guy
    **Hug** If I restricted my chart to current singles, "Bad Guy" would fare better, since it's definitely one of the more interesting and appealing offerings on official charts lately (especially toward the top)...but in the whole wide world of music, there's too much other stuff that I'm compelled to play even more.

I think Undrunk has a slight chance to dent my chart this week - we'll see!
    **Fingers and toes crossed**

Thanks again, cheap!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 17:15

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Haha, sorry! I have never really invested in that album though, if I am being honest. Especially not compared to her first two albums which I played soo much times. I think Flux is kind of similar to The Writer or maybe even more similar to Explosions, but agree it's very different compared to some of the other songs you mentioned. Under The Sheets is still a tune
    There was a noticeable shift in her songwriting style on Delirium (well, starting with "Burn" and "Goodness Gracious"), but even if the lyrics are much more straightforward/less poetic, there's still some seriously delectable pop bops on that album. I agree 1000% about "Under The Sheets," though! It actually had a pretty "meh" debut on my chart back when I first bought Lights, but it's grown into one of my most-played favorites from her entire catalog.

I have actually never heard any of his other material either, never have given him a chance Dancing On My Own is just a special song and it was frustrating to see it out-charting the original in the UK for example. At least Robyn could some royalties.
    Ha, great point! She's listed as one of the writers, so I certainly hope she collected some coins from his cover's success.

On Your Side could easily be one of my favourites, although I love In My Blood a lot as well. Both songs are so different, but they both work. 4Ever will still be their finest moment for me, maybe not their best song, but I loved that song soo much back in the day. Oh, sweet memories.
    Ah, interesting! Admittedly, I don't know their debut at all, since I wasn't aware of them until "Untouched" took off here in the States.

Of course! I fell in love with Broods when Bridges first appeared on SoundCloud years ago. That song and Never Gonna Change from their debut are worth checking out. Although I feel like their second album would be more your cop of tea- Heartlines, Free and Couldn't Believe would be great songs to start with. And how sexy is the lead singer?
    I mean, he can't hold a candle to you, of course but I definitely enjoyed Googling him! Eye candy aside – many thanks for the song suggestions! I've only played them a couple of times each so far, and they all sound pretty solid, so I don't have a clear favorite yet. (I also added their Tove Lo collaboration, but that one's been my least favorite of the bunch).

Thanks again, Fan!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 04/26/19

• Khalid does better than ever before by entering on top and securing his very first No. 1.

01 (NE) 01 "Better" Khalid 1 (1)
    02 (03) 02 "I'll Still Have Me" CYN 2 (1)
    03 (04) 02 "Boy With Luv" BTS ft. Halsey 3
    04 (07) 02 "Believer" CYN 4
    05 (RE) 18 "Sorry" Beyoncé 2 (2) [3xP]
    06 (08) 05 "Undo" Naughty Boy ft. Calum... 1 (2) [P]
    07 (NE) 01 "Julien" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    08 (01) 04 "Undrunk" Fletcher 1 (2) [G]
    09 (RE) 08 "Countdown" Beyoncé 2 (1) [P]
    10 (RE) 07 "Blow" Beyoncé 3 [P]
    11 (05) 02 "Sixteen" Ellie Goulding 5
    12 (02) 03 "Whisper" Betty Who 2 (1)
    13 (06) 04 "Think Of Me" The Veronicas 2 (1) [G]
    14 (RE) 07 "Ring Off" Beyoncé 5 [P]
    15 (RE) 09 "Breathin" Ariana Grande 3 [P]
    16 (RE) 13 "Goodnight N Go" Ariana Grande 1 (3) [2xP]
    17 (RE) 09 "XO" Beyoncé 1 (1) [P]
    18 (RE) 08 "All Night" Beyoncé 5 [G]
    19 (RE) 04 "Bigger Wow" Avril Lavigne 2 (2) [G]
    20 (NE) 01 "Before I Let Go" Beyoncé 20
    21 (14) 08 "Ghostin" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [P]
    22 (RE) 10 "Love On Top" Beyoncé 8 [P]
    23 (RE) 06 "End Of Time" Beyoncé 7 [G]
    24 (RE) 07 "Sandcastles" Beyoncé 9 [G]
    25 (RE) 05 "Blue" Beyoncé ft. Blue Ivy 17 [G]
    26 (RE) 06 "Get Well Soon" Ariana Grande 10 [G]
    27 (RE) 04 "Crush" Avril Lavigne 16
    28 (RE) 02 "It Was In Me" Avril Lavigne 26
    29 (RE) 03 "Souvenir" Avril Lavigne 12
    30 (RE) 03 "Love Me Insane" Avril Lavigne 7

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 19:35

Whoa, love this chart! I'm so pleasantly surprised to see "Better" debut at #1! It's so chill and sexy. I'm happy that it's become a pretty big hit stateside for him.

And yay at "Sorry" re-entering, "Breathin" reappearing, and Queen B's presence in general!

05 (RE) 18 "Sorry" Beyoncé 2 (2) [3xP]
    06 (08) 05 "Undo" Naughty Boy ft. Calum... 1 (2) [P]
    08 (01) 04 "Undrunk" Fletcher 1 (2) [G]
    09 (RE) 08 "Countdown" Beyoncé 2 (1) [P]
    10 (RE) 07 "Blow" Beyoncé 3 [P]
    12 (02) 03 "Whisper" Betty Who 2 (1)
    14 (RE) 07 "Ring Off" Beyoncé 5 [P]
    17 (RE) 09 "XO" Beyoncé 1 (1) [P]
    18 (RE) 08 "All Night" Beyoncé 5 [G]
    22 (RE) 10 "Love On Top" Beyoncé 8 [P]
    23 (RE) 06 "End Of Time" Beyoncé 7 [G]
    24 (RE) 07 "Sandcastles" Beyoncé 9 [G]
    25 (RE) 05 "Blue" Beyoncé ft. Blue Ivy 17 [G]

Woah, checking out that many songs from one chart is truly commendable! Usually I feel like I've done well if I listen to 1-2 unfamiliar tracks from somebody's latest chart You've got a great point there too (especially segueing directly from Fletcher's many "unf**k"s and masturbation references to The Veronicas's blunt oral sex talk).
    If time permitted, I'd listen to all the songs I didn't know.

Indeed!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [80-76]

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 27th, 2019, 21:27

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but it's such an "SMH" moment that guys lead with a dick pic on there. No words, no prior communication whatsoever - just randomly handing out dick pix to any stranger on Grindr. I'm glad they're proud of their bodies, but I'd personally prefer at least a "Hey. How's it goin?" first. That specific type of pic aside, I hear you with how all the flawless selfies on apps like those can be a real downer/mindf**k. Especially now with so many filters (and even Photoshop apps right on your phone), people can make themselves look impossibly perfect with ease, so you're left feeling like you don't belong, can't compete, etc.

Ah, so Grindr was one of the least-enjoyable apps you tried, and other similar ones offered much better experiences? Which one was your favorite?
    I know! I mean, it's not surprising at all on one side but on the other side you would think who does that? Especially sending a pic like that at first, without even saying hi or something. The awful thing is it's often by not-so-good-looking guys or really old ones, so it's not even something I'd be happy to look at. Yeah, but we already talked about that previously I think, with gay guys always wanting perfect bodies etc., I really hate that. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm also kinda that way as I'm often look out for the ones with a good body

I wouldn't say it was the least enjoyable app. It's good for what it is and even as a partnered guy I already had some nice chats there without the x talk. There's a site called PlanetRomeo/GayRomeo where I basically started my 'gay life' and later 'met' my partner, and in Switzerland we're having another site called Purplemoon where I 'met' my ex partner and other people who became friends (at first - but as we talked in my topic, most of these friendships aren't existent now as these other guys often wanted more from me in the end).

How does this work in the US. Grindr is obviously also popular there, but do you know if there are some other popular sites, or is it 'normal' to meet gay guys in a bar etc.?

I went back to check, and 4mation made the cancellation comment that stood out to me. Now that the full tracklist and cover have been revealed, I REALLY hope they don't cancel it at the last second. That would feel like a HUGE middle finger to the fans.
    Ah okay. Well, as you say, the release date seems very clear now and I'm so happy with that, even though none of the four singles really impressed me and all four belong to her weakest singles ever

I didn't realize SWP did much better there, which is pretty impressive (though it hurts my heart a little to see that SBP was actually bigger than JD in many European countries) I was thinking more about the US (SBP is still climbing here, but has only gotten as high as No. 16 so far), Canada (SBP = No. 12, JD = No. 1), Australia (SBP = No. 2, JD = No. 1), etc. I know the US isn't the center of the universe, but I feel like Ava can't hold the title of "the next Gaga" without smashing in the States too. I'm starting to sound a bit anti-Ava, but it's just that reading constant comparisons between those two got real old real fast for me (though I'm not exactly helping matters by rambling about it here...)
    Fair enough, we probably can't compare charts performances from today to charts performances from ten years ago, as "Just Dance" clearly made a huge impact on pop culture while I don't see "Sweet But Psycho" ending up having even half the impact. But yeah, in the English speaking countries "Just Dance" made a much bigger impact than "Sweet But Psycho" did which is interesting, as Ava Max is from the US. It's still interesting to me how Sweden was the first country where it was a hit, then the other Scandinavian countries followed, then the rest of Europe, then UK and Australia and finally the US as the very last. Interestingly, the follow-up "So Am I" has started to be a real hit in the UK at first now

Even though I like both songs, I think she's pretty much a one trick pony so far and has to deliver something amazing next so still be a possible 'next Gaga'.

Gurl I kind of get what you're saying, and another official single would be appreciated...but "Pretty Dark (Demo)" is still a brand-new song from her, and she even did a vertical video for it, so I think it's at least worth a listen It's not like some of those fan-leaked "demos" from various artists that surface online and don't even use their real vocals.

I'll check it out later today

I vaguely remembered that someone on UKMIX (somehow) hated "Starlight," so I guess that was you The chorus really does burrow into your brain (whether you want it to or not) It's just so light, perfectly poppy: "I said 'oh my, what a marvelous tune'..." I recall you not being crazy about Red in general, so has that changed at all, or would you say it's your least favorite album of hers (well, maybe second-least-favorite, above her debut)?
    Uhm... good question about "Red". I only heard her debut twice when I checked it out later last year, so that one would be my least favorite simply because there's no real connection to it. Red and Reputation would be tied as second least favorites now, as both have awesome moments but also didn't last long for me. I think Red may even surpass Reputation due to nostalgia factor.

Damn, ranking her albums is really difficult! They all have awesome moments... "1989" is a pretty flawless pop album after all, but there's an emotional connection to "Fearless" and "Speak Now" that makes these two so, so good and I'll always have these two so deep in my heart, even though I barely listen to them these days and musically I'd prefer "1989" easily. So if I'd have to rank the albums right now, it would be

SN = F > 1989 >>> R = R >>> TS

How about you?

(I low-key love how we are talking about this when she just released a new single )

((I hope you don't mind when I'm not replying to your latest chart yet as I need to check out a few tracks first but can't do it at the moment, so I split my comment in two replies with this one first and the other following next week ))

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue April 30th, 2019, 21:49

I like those Naughty Boy and Ellie Goulding tracks!

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 09:35

Hey my dear

Ok, I’m so friggin sorry but I hate when a week turns out like this. In the end, I left my home a few minutes after I posted my last reply here and it turns out that I won’t be back until Sunday, so I have to check things out then. So I have to simply comment on the tracks I’m already familiar with on your latest two charts as I know you’ll post another one soon

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 04/19/19

04 (NE) 01 "Boy With Luv" BTS ft. Halsey 4
    05 (NE) 01 "Sixteen" Ellie Goulding 5
    14 (RE) 07 "Ghostin" Ariana Grande 1 (2) [P]
    15 (RE) 05 "Bad Idea" Ariana Grande 3 [G]
    16 (RE) 03 "Needy" Ariana Grande 3 [G]
    17 (09) 03 "Bad Guy" Billie Eilish 9
    18 (17) 12 "Starlight" Taylor Swift 6 [2xP]
    19 (RE) 17 "How You Get The Girl" Taylor Swift 3 [2xP]
    20 (RE) 02 "Guns And Horses" Ellie Goulding 14 [G]
    24 (RE) 04 "NASA" Ariana Grande 7 [G]
    24 (RE) 08 "Two Years Ago" Ellie Goulding 1 (1) [P]
    28 (RE) 23 "Lights" Ellie Goulding 5 [2xP]
    29 (RE) 07 "You Ruin Me" The Veronicas 4 [G]
    Great debut for “Sixteen”. I’m obviously always here when it comes to Ellie and getting hits. Unfortunately, as you’ve already seen on my charts, I’m not really a fan of this and I even preferred “Close To Me” :( Thank god she gave me “Flux”…

Also great entry for BTS’ new track. What a nice collaboration! I’m glad they picked Halsey this time as she’s a nice addition.

Loving that survivor impact for Ariana in that week

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 04/26/19

03 (04) 02 "Boy With Luv" BTS ft. Halsey 3
    07 (NE) 01 "Julien" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    19 (RE) 04 "Bigger Wow" Avril Lavigne 2 (2) [G]
    26 (RE) 06 "Get Well Soon" Ariana Grande 10 [G]
    27 (RE) 04 "Crush" Avril Lavigne 16
    28 (RE) 02 "It Was In Me" Avril Lavigne 26
    29 (RE) 03 "Souvenir" Avril Lavigne 12
    30 (RE) 03 "Love Me Insane" Avril Lavigne 7
    Yay at that Survivor impact for Avril!
    That was probably the unluckiest survivor ever for you though, as most of your faves didn’t do well while the ones you don’t enjoy ended up as the successful tracks… I was actually surprised seeing “Bigger Wow” going out so soon.

What a strong debut for Khalid!
    What’s the reason for that? It doesn’t look like you checked out his album as there would have been more songs from it on your chart I guess…

Yay for some “Sweetener” tracks making a comeback and great to see “Julien” having a strong start for Carly!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 17:45

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Whoa, love this chart! I'm so pleasantly surprised to see "Better" debut at #1! It's so chill and sexy. I'm happy that it's become a pretty big hit stateside for him.
    He absolutely owes you for that. I'd noticed when "Better" cracked the Hot 100 Top 10 a few weeks ago (mostly because of how long it took to get there), but it wasn't until I saw it inside your Top 10 that I finally gave it a listen. Khalid's appeared as the featured guest on a couple of big Paulboard hits (namely "Silence" and "Ocean"), but a lot of his other stuff left me feeling pretty indifferent ("Young Dumb & Broke," "Lovely," "Love Lies," etc), so I hadn't been following his releases too closely. "Better" turned out to be super-instant, so thanks for giving me the extra push I needed!

And yay at "Sorry" re-entering, "Breathin" reappearing, and Queen B's presence in general!
    Could I possibly get a quick update on your all-time-B-faves? I know you had a lot of love for "Drunk In Love" and "Daddy Lessons" (among others) - not to mention the recent "Déjà Vu" revival - so I'm curious how her catalog stands with you in 2019.

If time permitted, I'd listen to all the songs I didn't know.
    I'm still giving you an A for effort anyway. It really means a lot as a chart creator when people take the time to give unfamiliar entries a chance. You do this section proud <3 Even just a handful of brand-new songs start to blur together for me in one sitting, so I generally shy away from diving into too much new stuff at once (or more than one new album in a week).

Thanks again, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 17:50

Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    I like those Naughty Boy and Ellie Goulding tracks!
    Glad to hear those do something for you too! If only they were doing more on the UK charts I'm surprised "Undo" bombed so hard that it never even entered, and Ellie just can't seem to really click with people lately.

Thanks again, ste!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 18:15

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    I know! I mean, it's not surprising at all on one side but on the oth-er side you would think who does that? Especially sending a pic like that at first, without even saying hi or something. The awful thing is it's often by not-so-good-looking guys or really old ones, so it's not even something I'd be happy to look at. Yeah, but we already talked about that previously I think, with gay guys always wanting perfect bodies etc., I really hate that. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm also kinda that way as I'm often look out for the ones with a good body

I wouldn't say it was the least enjoyable app. It's good for what it is and even as a partnered guy I already had some nice chats there without the x talk. There's a site called PlanetRomeo/GayRomeo where I basically started my 'gay life' and later 'met' my partner, and in Switzerland we're having an-other site called Purplemoon where I 'met' my ex partner and other people who became friends (at first - but as we talked in my topic, most of these friendships aren't existent now as these other guys often wanted more from me in the end).
    Ha, I wonder if guys like that just randomly send those pix right away because nobody ever asks for them otherwise Maybe it's their only attractive feature, so they want to lead with it...? Whatever their reasons, I still think it's an annoying and presumptuous way to start a conversation (even on a dating/hookup app).

You've had some nice chats on Grindr even without the x talk? That's refreshing to hear, since I figured most guys on there would be annoyed/feel like you're wasting their time if you're not looking for hookups of any kind (unless you and your partner are open...?) I've never heard of those other sites/apps, but it's nice to know there's plenty of worthwhile alternatives to Grindr and Tinder out there. I'm definitely no expert on the gay singles scene in 2019, but I have friends who still use Grindr, or meet guys through gay groups/activities (like a gay running group, or dodgeball/soccer/rowing/etc teams). There's also "saunas"/bath houses/sex clubs if you're just interested in some anonymous "public" shenanigans.

Ah okay. Well, as you say, the release date seems very clear now and I'm so happy with that, even though none of the four singles really impressed me and all four belong to her weakest singles ever
    Apparently she's written over 100 songs for it, but it feels more like an album that was thrown together as an excuse to go on tour and rake in the real money that way (using leftovers from older recording sessions). These recent singles aren't totally terrible (I'd still pick them over lots of the stuff on official charts lately), and I genuinely liked "Party For One," but she used to have a MUCH stronger effect on me (even with Tug Of War, which I didn't discover until after "Call Me Maybe" exploded).

Fair enough, we probably can't compare charts performances from to-day to charts performances from ten years ago, as "Just Dance" clearly made a huge impact on pop culture while I don't see "Sweet But Psycho" ending up having even half the impact. But yeah, in the English speaking countries "Just Dance" made a much bigger impact than "Sweet But Psycho" did which is interesting, as Ava Max is from the US. It's still interesting to me how Sweden was the first country where it was a hit, then the other Scandinavian countries followed, then the rest of Eu-rope, then UK and Australia and finally the US as the very last. Interestingly, the follow-up "So Am I" has started to be a real hit in the UK at first now
    Yeah, it's kind of a shame that Ava's home country has basically shown her the least support (though "Sweet But Psycho" is up to No. 11 on the latest Hot 100, so she should at least crack the Top 10). I guess it's a sign of just how rough pop/dance have it in the States right now. The youth of today just aren't here for it (maybe as a backlash for how big it was 5-10 years ago...)

SN = F > 1989 >>> R = R >>> TS

How about you?
    You'd mentioned your adoration for Speak Now at some point before, but could you say a little more about what makes that album in particular so special for you (certain songs, certain memories, etc)? Like you said, it's REALLY hard to rank her albums because she's been REALLY consistent for me too:

Red > 1989 > Fearless > Speak Now >>> Reputation > Taylor Swift

I've been revisiting Fearless (and her catalog in general) this week due to "ME!" hype, and it hasn't held up quite as well as I'd hoped, so I feel a little more confident about bumping it down from the No. 1 spot. Hearing "Love Story" still FLOODS me with feels <3 but her age at the time/growth since then is pretty noticeable (in terms of her songwriting and vocals). That said, it's still a very narrow race between those Top 4 (but I didn't just want to put "=" between them all).

((I hope you don't mind when I'm not replying to your latest chart yet as I need to check out a few tracks first but can't do it at the moment, so I split my comment in two re-plies with this one first and the other following next week ))
    Un4givable Ha - you're totally fine! I noticed you were commenting on uhLOT of charts lately, and I wouldn't want you to burn out on UKMIX. I rambled plenty over in your chart thread, so we've still got lots of communication going there too.

Ok, I’m so friggin sorry but I hate when a week turns out like this. In the end, I left my home a few minutes after I posted my last reply here and it turns out that I won’t be back until Sunday, so I have to check things out then. So I have to simply comment on the tracks I’m already familiar with on your latest two charts as I know you’ll post another one soon
    **Hug** You already left a nice meaty comment earlier this week, so I don't think you should be so hard on yourself (and if you beat yourself up too much for this now, I'll feel like a monster the next time I miss a week of your chart) You mentioned not being back until Sunday, so hopefully that means you're off on a fun adventure this weekend!

Great debut for “Sixteen”. I’m obviously always here when it comes to Ellie and getting hits. Unfortunately, as you’ve already seen on my charts, I’m not really a fan of this and I even preferred “Close To Me” :( Thank god she gave me “Flux”…
    Maybe "Hollow Crown" will do the trick for you? It got somewhat over-shadowed by my major Tay-hype this week, but it's kind of working for me.

Yay at that Survivor impact for Avril! That was probably the un-luckiest survivor ever for you though, as most of your faves didn’t do well while the ones you don’t enjoy ended up as the successful tracks… I was actually surprised seeing “Bigger Wow” going out so soon.
    Ha, yeah, I'm basically completely out-of-sync with the UKMIX faves from HAW (aside from the title track) I wouldn't be too shocked if most people only gave "Bigger Wow" 1-2 listens and just dismissed it as too kiddish/juvenile. It reminds me of some of the breezier-sounding uptempos from Let Go ("Things I'll Never Say," "Anything But Ordinary," etc).

What a strong debut for Khalid! What’s the reason for that? It doesn’t look like you checked out his album as there would have been more songs from it on your chart I guess…
    That's the Akini effect! I'd noticed it enter the Hot 100 Top 10 a few weeks ago (mostly because of how long it took to get there), but it wasn't until I saw it inside Akini's Top 10 that I finally gave it a listen. Khalid's been the featured guest on a couple big Paulboard hits ("Silence" and "Ocean"), but a lot of his other stuff has left me pretty indifferent ("Young Dumb & Broke," "Lovely," "Love Lies," etc), so I hadn't been following his releases too closely. "Better" turned out be super-instant, though!

Thanks again, Tancel!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 18:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 05/03/19

• "ME!" enables Taylor to equal Ari's record-setting 18 No. 1's.

01 (NE) 01 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (1)
    02 (RE) 21 "Delicate" Taylor Swift 1 (2) [3xP]
    03 (02) 03 "I'll Still Have Me" CYN 2 (1) [G]
    04 (01) 02 "Better" Khalid 1 (1)
    05 (RE) 15 "Look What You Made Me Do" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [3xP]
    06 (03) 03 "Boy With Luv" BTS ft. Halsey 3
    07 (RE) 24 "We Are Never Ever Getting..." Taylor Swift 1 (2) [3xP]
    08 (RE) 25 "Sparks Fly" Taylor Swift 2 (1) [3xP]
    09 (NE) 01 "Drugs & The Internet" Lauv 9
    10 (04) 03 "Believer" CYN 4
    11 (11) 03 "Sixteen" Ellie Goulding 5
    12 (07) 02 "Julien" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    13 (RE) 24 "Mean" Taylor Swift 3 [3xP]
    14 (RE) 11 "Head Above Water" Avril Lavigne 6 [P]
    15 (NE) 01 "Hollow Crown" Ellie Goulding 15
    16 (08) 05 "Undrunk" Fletcher 1 (2) [G]
    17 (RE) 09 "Call It What You Want" Taylor Swift 6 [P]
    18 (RE) 32 "Blank Space" Taylor Swift 1 (2) [5xP]
    19 (RE) 27 "The Story Of Us" Taylor Swift 3 [3xP]
    20 (NE) 01 "Chameleon" Michela 20
    21 (RE) 08 "Tell Me It's Over" Avril Lavigne 1 (2) [P]
    22 (RE) 18 "Holy Ground" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [2xP]
    23 (19) 05 "Bigger Wow" Avril Lavigne 2 (2) [G]
    24 (27) 05 "Crush" Avril Lavigne 16 [G]
    25 (06) 06 "Undo" Naughty Boy ft. Calum... 1 (2) [P]
    26 (05) 19 "Sorry" Beyoncé 2 (2) [3xP]
    27 (RE) 07 "Last Kiss" Taylor Swift 10 [P]
    28 (RE) 35 "Ours" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [4xP]
    29 (RE) 13 "One Shot" The Saturdays 6 [P]
    30 (RE) 02 "Goddess" Avril Lavigne 20

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 8th, 2019, 17:45

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    Ha, I wonder if guys like that just randomly send those pix right away because nobody ever asks for them otherwise Maybe it's their only attractive feature, so they want to lead with it...? Whatever their reasons, I still think it's an annoying and presumptuous way to start a conversation (even on a dating/hookup app).

You've had some nice chats on Grindr even without the x talk? That's refreshing to hear, since I figured most guys on there would be annoyed/feel like you're wasting their time if you're not looking for hookups of any kind (unless you and your partner are open...?) I've never heard of those other sites/apps, but it's nice to know there's plenty of worthwhile alternatives to Grindr and Tinder out there. I'm definitely no expert on the gay singles scene in 2019, but I have friends who still use Grindr, or meet guys through gay groups/activities (like a gay running group, or dodgeball/soccer/rowing/etc teams). There's also "saunas"/bath houses/sex clubs if you're just interested in some anonymous "public" shenanigans.
    I wonder that as well, and I think this may be the case for many of them. Well, sometimes I think that there are people who actually start a conversation following that, otherwise they wouldn't send this pics if it wouldn't work every now and then. So the question could be what's worse, people sending those pics or the ones who say 'yes' (Ok, fair enough, if I'm single and a nice looking guy sends me some pics without saying hi, I probably wouldn't say no either).

Yep I did. You know, I'm in a (closed ) relationship, so I'm not looking for x talk anyway. Ah, those gay groups/activities sound great, definitely a better way meeting other gay guys than Grindr & Co. as it's usually about x on those apps while that's probably (hopefully?) not the main reason for those groups/activities. I never understood the "saunas" and stuff like that... like, why would you do that? But hey, we never know what happens to us so I may end up doing the same in ten years as well, who knows?

Apparently she's written over 100 songs for it, but it feels more like an album that was thrown together as an excuse to go on tour and rake in the real money that way (using leftovers from older recording sessions). These recent singles aren't totally terrible (I'd still pick them over lots of the stuff on official charts lately), and I genuinely liked "Party For One," but she used to have a MUCH stronger effect on me (even with Tug Of War, which I didn't discover until after "Call Me Maybe" exploded).
    Completely agree on everything. If she wrote over 100 songs for this album, then I'm wondering how some of those sound like. I hope she didn't peak with "Emotion", as she had such a huge potential to become the underdog Pop queen. Anyways, only nine days until the album comes out and we will find out if the singles were anything to go by or if there are some amazing gems left on "Dedicated"...

Yeah, it's kind of a shame that Ava's home country has basically shown her the least support (though "Sweet But Psycho" is up to No. 11 on the latest Hot 100, so she should at least crack the Top 10). I guess it's a sign of just how rough pop/dance have it in the States right now. The youth of today just aren't here for it (maybe as a backlash for how big it was 5-10 years ago...)
    True, nice to hear she's about to make the Top10 though. Yeah, the Hot100 is full of R&B songs lately. Do you still check them out regularly? Because I stopped checking them out, and when I did I was shocked that I'm unfamiliar with so many songs...

You'd mentioned your adoration for Speak Now at some point before, but could you say a little more about what makes that album in particular so special for you (certain songs, certain memories, etc)? Like you said, it's REALLY hard to rank her albums because she's been REALLY consistent for me too:

Red > 1989 > Fearless > Speak Now >>> Reputation > Taylor Swift

I've been revisiting Fearless (and her catalog in general) this week due to "ME!" hype, and it hasn't held up quite as well as I'd hoped, so I feel a little more confident about bumping it down from the No. 1 spot. Hearing "Love Story" still FLOODS me with feels <3 but her age at the time/growth since then is pretty noticeable (in terms of her songwriting and vocals). That said, it's still a very narrow race between those Top 4 (but I didn't just want to put "=" between them all).
    Nostalgia definitely plays the biggest role when it comes to my love for "Speak Now" as I played this album to death during a time when I was really getting into music, charts & stuff like that plus it was during a time when I went through really dark times shortly before it came out and I had to learn what it means living for myself the very first time (not in a negative way; more like discovering how it is when I actually live for me and how I can enjoy life for myself). Don't know how much sense this makes as it's a feeling that's very difficult to describe... As for songs, I've loved "Haunted" and "Sparks Fly" the most and they're both still among my faves when it comes to Taylor.

Great ranking! Haha yeah, I just had to put a = on my rankings as it was way too difficult there. Cool to see we agree on "Reputation" and "Taylor Swift". If there wouldn't be some really great tunes on "Reputation", it would be a clear second last to me as well, though I think it will end up there soon as these highlights don't age well compared to the highlights on "Red" and other albums.

Un4givable Ha - you're totally fine! I noticed you were commenting on uhLOT of charts lately, and I wouldn't want you to burn out on UKMIX. I rambled plenty over in your chart thread, so we've still got lots of communication going there too.

Yes, I've actually missed it a lot to check out all those personal charts and leave a comment, so I'm trying to take some time every now and then. Probably not weekly but we'll see how it will go... also, there are a few personal charts that I adore by UKMixers that I love (with you being one of them) so I always want to comment on them last, so they are actually atop the page, but this took a lot more time than expected so I run out of time and it would have been a shame if I didn't leave a comment so I had to split that one Anyways, that's what I call a first world problem

**Hug** You already left a nice meaty comment earlier this week, so I don't think you should be so hard on yourself (and if you beat yourself up too much for this now, I'll feel like a monster the next time I miss a week of your chart) You mentioned not being back until Sunday, so hopefully that means you're off on a fun adventure this weekend!
    Thanks. Ah no, I wasn't off for a fun adventure last weekend, but things going on like work, school, unexpected changes when it comes to meeting my partner and stuff like that.

Maybe "Hollow Crown" will do the trick for you? It got somewhat over-shadowed by my major Tay-hype this week, but it's kind of working for me.
    It does work for you? That's good... unfortunately, I'm slightly disappointed in that song as well and it gets overshadowed by several other, much better songs on the Game Of Thrones soundtrack

Ha, yeah, I'm basically completely out-of-sync with the UKMIX faves from HAW (aside from the title track) I wouldn't be too shocked if most people only gave "Bigger Wow" 1-2 listens and just dismissed it as too kiddish/juvenile. It reminds me of some of the breezier-sounding uptempos from Let Go ("Things I'll Never Say," "Anything But Ordinary," etc).
    Is it bad of me that I don't know the two songs you mentioned because I never heard "Let Go" in full? Definitely on my to-check-out list for next Christmas or so But yeah, "Bigger Wow" is actually in the better half for me, as I previously said it reminds me of Hailee Steinfeld somehow and it even has single potential IMO.

That's the Akini effect! I'd noticed it enter the Hot 100 Top 10 a few weeks ago (mostly because of how long it took to get there), but it wasn't until I saw it inside Akini's Top 10 that I finally gave it a listen. Khalid's been the featured guest on a couple big Paulboard hits ("Silence" and "Ocean"), but a lot of his other stuff has left me pretty indifferent ("Young Dumb & Broke," "Lovely," "Love Lies," etc), so I hadn't been following his releases too closely. "Better" turned out be super-instant, though!

Thanks again, Tancel!
    Hehe... I already thought this may have been the reason. Still, that's a pretty fantastic Akini effect. Also had no idea this has been in the Top10 on the Hot100 and I find it kinda funny that you say it took a while to get there, as Khalid already had another huge slowburner with "Love Lies". So this is the very first time he's smashing solo on your charts?

...will catch up with the missed chart tomorrow as my plans got shaken up again and I need to leave my place in a few minutes

Legend
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 9th, 2019, 03:47

Cool to see all the Taylor Swift songs "Me!" brought back. My favourites are "Sparks Fly" and "Ours".

So I checked out "I'll Still Have Me" (delicate and emotional, sweet song); "Drugs & the Internet" (much better than the title suggested it would be, one of the better Lauv tracks I've heard); and "Believer" (sexy).

Also great to see "Chameleon" debut. Good stuff this week!

03 (02) 03 "I'll Still Have Me" CYN 2 (1) [G]
    09 (NE) 01 "Drugs & The Internet" Lauv 9
    10 (04) 03 "Believer" CYN 4
    16 (08) 05 "Undrunk" Fletcher 1 (2) [G]
    29 (RE) 13 "One Shot" The Saturdays 6 [P]

He absolutely owes you for that. I'd noticed when "Better" cracked the Hot 100 Top 10 a few weeks ago (mostly because of how long it took to get there), but it wasn't until I saw it inside your Top 10 that I finally gave it a listen. Khalid's appeared as the featured guest on a couple of big Paulboard hits (namely "Silence" and "Ocean"), but a lot of his other stuff left me feeling pretty indifferent ("Young Dumb & Broke," "Lovely," "Love Lies," etc), so I hadn't been following his releases too closely. "Better" turned out to be super-instant, so thanks for giving me the extra push I needed!
    I'm happy that it resonated with you!

Could I possibly get a quick update on your all-time-B-faves? I know you had a lot of love for "Drunk In Love" and "Daddy Lessons" (among others) - not to mention the recent "Déjà Vu" revival - so I'm curious how her catalog stands with you in 2019.
    Hmm...if I had to do an unofficial all-time B top 10, it'd probably look like...

01. Drunk in Love
    02. Crazy in Love
    03. Sweet Dreams
    04. Irreplaceable
    05. Scared of Lonely
    06. Daddy Lessons
    07. Upgrade U
    08. Countdown
    09. All I Could Do Was Cry
    10. All Night

Please note that that's quite unofficial, and even looking at it, it looks so different from the tribute I put together for B in 2013, but I'm pretty comfortable with that top four.

I'm still giving you an A for effort anyway. It really means a lot as a chart creator when people take the time to give unfamiliar entries a chance. You do this section proud <3 Even just a handful of brand-new songs start to blur together for me in one sitting, so I generally shy away from diving into too much new stuff at once (or more than one new album in a week).
    I think you were actually the one who encouraged me to actually try to check out at least one song from each chart I visited 'cause you were doing it at a time when many others weren't, and I remember thinking to myself, "Hmm...this makes sense." Your impact >>>

Thanks again, Akini!
    Always a pleasure to visit here, Paul!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [80-76]

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 09:07

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 05/03/19

12 (07) 02 "Julien" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    15 (NE) 01 "Hollow Crown" Ellie Goulding 15
    23 (19) 05 "Bigger Wow" Avril Lavigne 2 (2) [G]
    24 (27) 05 "Crush" Avril Lavigne 16 [G]
    30 (RE) 02 "Goddess" Avril Lavigne 20
    Very strong Top30 this week!
    Loving that Taylor domination overall, but I have to admit I’m very disappointed in “Me!”. It’s quite a basic pop IMO and she could do SO much better. My expectations were also high because of the Bredon Urie feature, so I expected something like “High Hopes” meets “Shake It Off” or so, and probably “Me!” may be some kind of a mix of these two but it just doesn’t work with me. Maybe I’m just not feeling that direction of Pop music lately (Ellie Goulding, Zara Larsson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Taylor Swift now and today’s new song by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber is also very disappointing to me).
    But I have to say the video is great, loving all those colors and ideas plus Brendon is such a cutie!

Loving the re-entry for “Sparks Fly” the most this week, as I just wrote above that it’s one of my faves on “Speak Now” so it’s very nice to see it being a big hit for you as well with that 3xP certification.

Nice to see Avril having yet another good week with her “Head Above Water” album.
    Also impressive second week for Carly’s “Julien” actually. So this one makes a much better impression than the other singles so far for you?

YASSS at Michela’s “Chameleon” already appearing on your list! I guess this must be the very first time an ESC entry makes it onto your chart even before the contest happened, as you said you’re only checking out the popular ones on UKMix and they’re often appearing after the contest

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 19:00

Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    Great #1
    Glad you agree A lot of people are really unenthused/underwhelmed by it, but I think it's a pretty satisfying piece of uplifting ear candy. This breezier side of Taylor feels especially refreshing after some of her attempts at an edgier sound/attitude on reputation didn't work well for me ("I Did Something Bad," "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things," "Don't Blame Me," etc).

Thanks again, ste!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 19:10

Cool to see all the Taylor Swift songs "Me!" brought back. My favourites are "Sparks Fly" and "Ours".
    I was a little worried that I'd be in trouble for not showing your personal Top 2 enough love during the "ME!"-induced Taynado, so I'm glad that "Sparks Fly" + "Ours" helped redeem that chart.

So I checked out "I'll Still Have Me" (delicate and emotional, sweet song); "Drugs & the Internet" (much better than the title suggested it would be, one of the better Lauv tracks I've heard); and "Believer" (sexy).
    Many thanks for giving all of those a try! (I know we've already been talking a lot about checking out unfamiliar tunes on people's charts, but I'm still gonna thank you each time anyway) I don't think "Drugs..." will go down as one of my top-Lauv-faves, but I do appreciates its message (being somewhat of a social media cynic myself). YouTube recommended CYN when I was re-watching some Allie X videos the other week. The "Believer" chorus gives me major Kylie vibes.

01. Drunk in Love
    02. Crazy in Love
    03. Sweet Dreams
    04. Irreplaceable
    05. Scared of Lonely
    06. Daddy Lessons
    07. Upgrade U
    08. Countdown
    09. All I Could Do Was Cry
    10. All Night

Please note that that's quite unofficial, and even looking at it, it looks so different from the tribute I put together for B in 2013, but I'm pretty comfortable with that top four.
    The fact that it looks different form your 2013 list seems like a good thing to me, since that means it was even more worthwhile to ask for it now. I love the diversity of album representation there, with each LP spawning at least one entry. "All I Could Do Was Cry" is the only one that I had to add to my library - are you a big fan of Cadillac Records in general? "Scared To Be Lonely" and "Upgrade U" are the biggest (familiar) surprises, so I'll have to re-visit those in the near future. "Irreplaceable" is pretty nostalgic, since it was SUCH an airplay monster, and "Countdown" is probably my 4 fave too.

I think you were actually the one who encouraged me to actually try to check out at least one song from each chart I visited 'cause you were doing it at a time when many others weren't, and I remember thinking to myself, "Hmm...this makes sense." Your impact >>>
    Damn, here I was feeling like a serious slacker compared to the example you've been setting as a chart commenter, so I'm truly touched to learn that I actually played a role in you becoming the awesome personal chart contributor that you are today!

Thanks again, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 19:45

I wonder that as well, and I think this may be the case for many of them. Well, sometimes I think that there are people who actually start a conversation following that, otherwise they wouldn't send this pics if it wouldn't work every now and then. So the question could be what's worse, people sending those pics or the ones who say 'yes' (Ok, fair enough, if I'm single and a nice looking guy sends me some pics without saying hi, I probably wouldn't say no either).

Yep I did. You know, I'm in a (closed ) relationship, so I'm not looking for x talk anyway. Ah, those gay groups/activities sound great, definitely a better way meeting other gay guys than Grindr & Co. as it's usually about x on those apps while that's probably (hopefully?) not the main reason for those groups/activities. I never understood the "saunas" and stuff like that... like, why would you do that? But hey, we never know what happens to us so I may end up doing the same in ten years as well, who knows?
    Ha, fair point: guys probably wouldn't do that if it NEVER got a positive response, so that approach must work for them at least sometimes. Is that how you actually met your partner: he randomly spammed you with delicious dick pix, and it was love at first "sight"?

For the guys at "saunas," I think there's a thrill in hooking up with anonymous sexy strangers (and the fact that other strangers can watch the whole thing), but I'd have a tough time with totally-detached hookups like that. If I find a guy attractive and there's chemistry between us, I'd want to know his name and get to know him better in general. That's also why I'd probably struggle with an open relationship.

Completely agree on everything. If she wrote over 100 songs for this album, then I'm wondering how some of those sound like. I hope she didn't peak with "Emotion", as she had such a huge potential to become the underdog Pop queen. Anyways, only nine days until the album comes out and we will find out if the singles were anything to go by or if there are some amazing gems left on "Dedicated"...
    Ha, yeah - if she really wrote that many new songs, maybe we'll get another B-side EP sometime next year? The four Dedicated preview tracks definitely give me the impression that she might've peaked already (or at least is in a creative "dip" right now), but I've still got hope/hype that there's some gems hidden among the 11 other tracks we haven't heard yet...

True, nice to hear she's about to make the Top10 though. Yeah, the Hot100 is full of R&B songs lately. Do you still check them out regularly? Because I stopped checking them out, and when I did I was shocked that I'm unfamiliar with so many songs...
    I still read through the Hot 100 each week, but I wasn't bothering to check out every Top 10 entry that I didn't recognize for a while. Lately, I've gotten back into Akini's "Your Hot 100 Top 10" game, so I started giving them all at least 1-2 listens in order to rank them for that.

Nostalgia definitely plays the biggest role when it comes to my love for "Speak Now" as I played this album to death during a time when I was really getting into music, charts & stuff like that plus it was during a time when I went through really dark times shortly before it came out and I had to learn what it means living for myself the very first time (not in a negative way; more like discovering how it is when I actually live for me and how I can enjoy life for myself). Don't know how much sense this makes as it's a feeling that's very difficult to describe... As for songs, I've loved "Haunted" and "Sparks Fly" the most and they're both still among my faves when it comes to Taylor.

Great ranking! Haha yeah, I just had to put a = on my rankings as it was way too difficult there. Cool to see we agree on "Reputation" and "Taylor Swift". If there wouldn't be some really great tunes on "Reputation", it would be a clear second last to me as well, though I think it will end up there soon as these highlights don't age well compared to the highlights on "Red" and other albums.
    Aw, I love that Speak Now was a source of comfort/support for you during a challenging, transformative phase of life like that. I hear you with struggling to put your love for certain songs/albums into words! I seriously struggle to write posts that make sense sometimes, even when they're about songs or albums I know I adore, because it's hard to dissect exactly why they evoke all the feelings that they do. SN has a lot of highlights, and I felt a little bad putting it at No. 4 in my ranking, but her stretch of albums from Fearless -> 1989 were just SO satisfying for me!

Although reputation has some real standouts (especially "Delicate"), some of the tracks that seem to reference the Kanye/"Famous" situation really don't work for me ("I Did Something Bad," "Don't Blame Me," "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things") and a couple other random album tracks just fall flat ("So It Goes...", "Dancing With Our Hands Tied") - so that's 1/3 of the whole album basically being a total "pass."

Yes, I've actually missed it a lot to check out all those personal charts and leave a comment, so I'm trying to take some time every now and then. Probably not weekly but we'll see how it will go... also, there are a few personal charts that I adore by UKMixers that I love (with you being one of them) so I always want to comment on them last, so they are actually atop the page, but this took a lot more time than expected so I run out of time and it would have been a shame if I didn't leave a comment so I had to split that one Anyways, that's what I call a first world problem
    As long as you keep saying you love and adore me, it's all good <3 <3 <3 I'm glad to hear you're finding time to post in more personal charts again, though, since it seems like you enjoyed (and felt proud) when you used to comment on a ton of them every week.

It does work for you? That's good... unfortunately, I'm slightly disap-pointed in that song as well and it gets overshadowed by several other, much better songs on the Game Of Thrones soundtrack
    Damn, Ellie is SERIOUSLY striking out with you lately I'm a little surprised that "Hollow Crown" is a big "miss" for you too. Maybe you can give it another chance during a less busy time? No concert effects to get in its way I noticed "Power Is Power" on your chart recently, but which other tracks from that soundtrack have stood out to you? I've only heard "Hollow Crown" so far.

Is it bad of me that I don't know the two songs you mentioned be-cause I never heard "Let Go" in full? Definitely on my to-check-out list for next Christmas or so But yeah, "Bigger Wow" is actually in the better half for me, as I previously said it reminds me of Hailee Steinfeld somehow and it even has single potential IMO.
    SO much worse than "bad"! Definitely can't let you host any Avril Survivors ever again Kidding aside, I'm in that same situation with some of my most-played artists too (I've never heard Rihanna's Music Of The Sun or Beyoncé's Dangerously In Love in full).

Hehe... I already thought this may have been the reason. Still, that's a pretty fantastic Akini effect. Also had no idea this has been in the Top10 on the Hot100 and I find it kinda funny that you say it took a while to get there, as Khalid already had another huge slowburner with "Love Lies". So this is the very first time he's smashing solo on your charts?
    Yep! I recently checked out "Talk" for that Billboard Top 10 game (at least that one didn't take forever to reach the Top 10).

Loving that Taylor domination overall, but I have to admit I’m very disappointed in “Me!”. It’s quite a basic pop IMO and she could do SO much better. My expectations were also high because of the Bredon Urie feature, so I expected something like “High Hopes” meets “Shake It Off” or so, and probably “Me!” may be some kind of a mix of these two but it just doesn’t work with me. Maybe I’m just not feeling that direction of Pop music lately (Ellie Goulding, Zara Larsson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Taylor Swift now and today’s new song by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber is also very disappointing to me). But I have to say the video is great, loving all those colors and ideas plus Brendon is such a cutie!
    "ME!" has definitely underwhelmed a lot of people, but for me it felt really refreshing compared to some of the lame/forgettable recent efforts from the ladies you mentioned (along with Ari's "7 Rings" + "Break Up..." too). You're SO right about Brendon, though! I'd just figured he was another super-skinny/scrawny alternative-rocker-type, but after seeing some shirtless pix...

Loving the re-entry for “Sparks Fly” the most this week, as I just wrote above that it’s one of my faves on “Speak Now” so it’s very nice to see it being a big hit for you as well with that 3xP certification.
    "Sparks Fly" is a major Tay classic, so I'm glad you've got a lot of love for it too! It really wasn't done justice as a 5th single with a tour footage video.

Also impressive second week for Carly’s “Julien” actually. So this one makes a much better impression than the other singles so far for you?
    Slightly, but her past three releases all feel like a step down from "Party For One" (and a big step down from her catalog in general). I'm VERY encouraged by my first few plays of "Too Much," though...

YASSS at Michela’s “Chameleon” already appearing on your list! I guess this must be the very first time an ESC entry makes it onto your chart even before the contest happened, as you said you’re only checking out the popular ones on UKMix and they’re often appearing after the contest
    Ah, that's a great observation! I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head, but like you said, it would've had to be something that UKMIXers showed a LOT of love before the contest (like you and Akini did with "Chameleon").

Thanks again, Marsike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 20:00

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 05/10/19

• In the absence of any particularly strong new challengers, Taylor manages to keep the top spot all to herself (and Brendon) for a second week.

01 (01) 02 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [G]
    02 (NE) 01 "Bridges" Broods 2 (1)
    03 (NE) 01 "Quarter Past Midnight" Bastille 3
    04 (15) 02 "Hollow Crown" Ellie Goulding 4
    05 (NE) 01 "Doom Days" Bastille 5
    06 (NE) 01 "Joy" Bastille 6
    07 (NE) 01 "New York City" Kylie Minogue 7
    08 (NE) 01 "Grains Of Salt" Tacocat 8
    09 (11) 04 "Sixteen" Ellie Goulding 5 [G]
    10 (04) 03 "Better" Khalid 1 (1) [G]
    11 (07) 25 "We Are Never Ever Getting..." Taylor Swift 1 (2) [3xP]
    12 (09) 02 "Drugs & The Internet" Lauv 9
    13 (RE) 17 "Stop Me From Falling" Kylie Minogue 1 (3) [3xP]
    14 (02) 22 "Delicate" Taylor Swift 1 (2) [3xP]
    15 (03) 04 "I'll Still Have Me" CYN 2 (1) [G]
    16 (RE) 04 "Bad Guy" Billie Eilish 9
    17 (NE) 01 "Free" Broods 17
    18 (NE) 01 "Fancy" TWICE 18
    19 (NE) 01 "Talk" Khalid 19
    20 (RE) 37 "All The Lovers" Kylie Minogue 1 (4) [4xP]
    21 (RE) 06 "Slow" Kylie Minogue 12 [G]
    22 (10) 04 "Believer" CYN 4
    23 (06) 04 "Boy With Luv" BTS ft. Halsey 3 [G]
    24 (NE) 01 "If I Can't Have You" Shawn Mendes 24
    25 (NE) 01 "I Rise" Madonna 25
    26 (16) 06 "Undrunk" Fletcher 1 (2) [G]
    27 (RE) 09 "Enchanted" Taylor Swift 3 [P]
    28 (NE) 01 "Girls Like Us" TWICE 28
    29 (05) 16 "Look What You Made Me Do" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [3xP]
    30 (NE) 01 "Stuck In My Head" TWICE 30

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 17th, 2019, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 05/17/19

• After waiting over seven years, Madonna finally gets her second taste of No. 1 glory with "Crave."

01 (NE) 01 "Crave" Madonna ft. Swae Lee 1 (1)
    02 (NE) 01 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1)
    03 (RE) 09 "Party For One" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [P]
    04 (08) 02 "Grains Of Salt" Tacocat 4
    05 (NE) 01 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 5
    06 (NE) 01 "Blame It On Your Love" Charli XCX ft. Lizzo 6
    07 (22) 05 "Believer" CYN 4 [G]
    08 (01) 03 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [G]
    09 (NE) 01 "Medellín" Madonna ft. Maluma 9
    10 (RE) 08 "Timebomb" Kylie Minogue 1 (2) [2xP]
    11 (NE) 01 "Carry On" Kygo ft. Rita Ora 11
    12 (03) 02 "Quarter Past Midnight" Bastille 3
    13 (17) 02 "Free" Broods 13
    14 (02) 02 "Bridges" Broods 2 (1)
    15 (RE) 13 "Give Me All Your Luvin'" Madonna ft. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. 1 (2) [2xP]
    16 (RE) 15 "This Kiss" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (1) [2xP]
    17 (RE) 10 "Track 10" Charli XCX 4 [P]
    18 (RE) 07 "Sweeter Than Fiction" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [P]
    19 (04) 03 "Hollow Crown" Ellie Goulding 4
    20 (15) 05 "I'll Still Have Me" CYN 2 (1) [G]
    21 (07) 02 "New York City" Kylie Minogue 7
    22 (RE) 22 "Mine" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [3xP]
    23 (RE) 07 "Joan Of Arc" Madonna 2 (2) [P]
    24 (RE) 11 "Speak Now" Taylor Swift 1 (3) [P]
    25 (09) 05 "Sixteen" Ellie Goulding 5 [G]
    26 (24) 02 "If I Can't Have You" Shawn Mendes 24
    27 (NE) 01 "Symmetry" Jack Savoretti 27
    28 (RE) 26 "Sparks Fly" Taylor Swift 2 (1) [3xP]
    29 (RE) 02 "Only With You" CYN 22
    30 (RE) 18 "Call Me Maybe" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (3) [4xP]

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 17th, 2019, 21:21

I like 'Crave'. Consistently great new material from Madonna continues. After a few listens I really like the Sheeran/Bieber collaboration. Interesting that 'Timebomb' is higher than New York City. The latter is growing on me and thought 'Timebomb' was incredibly underrated at the time.