User Tag List

Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2778

Thread: Paulboard Top 30 | 06.14.19 | I can't even go on the Internet...

Legend
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 19th, 2019, 21:50

Wow at "Crave" achieving what "Ghosttown" could not! It's a good song, though, and the most instant of the four Madame X tracks thus far.

"Too Much" is a song I thought was just okay, but Carly Rae's own love for the song has certainly rubbed off on me, and it certainly doesn't hurt that the lyrics feel super relatable for me.

"Grains of Salt" is okay. "Only with You" isn't as good as the other two CYN songs you're charting, and "I Don't Care" is well below Ed and JB's best.

I'm loving the return of some key Speak Now gems, as well as "Timebomb", "Joan of Arc", and "Give Me All Your Luvin'".

Not super keen on this week's chart, but I'm 99% sure that next week's will be well up my pop-loving alley.

01 (NE) 01 "Crave" Madonna ft. Swae Lee 1 (1)
    02 (NE) 01 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1)
    03 (RE) 09 "Party For One" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [P]
    04 (08) 02 "Grains Of Salt" Tacocat 4
    05 (NE) 01 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 5
    07 (22) 05 "Believer" CYN 4 [G]
    08 (01) 03 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [G]
    09 (NE) 01 "Medellín" Madonna ft. Maluma 9
    10 (RE) 08 "Timebomb" Kylie Minogue 1 (2) [2xP]
    11 (NE) 01 "Carry On" Kygo ft. Rita Ora 11
    15 (RE) 13 "Give Me All Your Luvin'" Madonna ft. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. 1 (2) [2xP]
    16 (RE) 15 "This Kiss" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (1) [2xP]
    18 (RE) 07 "Sweeter Than Fiction" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [P]
    20 (15) 05 "I'll Still Have Me" CYN 2 (1) [G]
    21 (07) 02 "New York City" Kylie Minogue 7
    22 (RE) 22 "Mine" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [3xP]
    23 (RE) 07 "Joan Of Arc" Madonna 2 (2) [P]
    24 (RE) 11 "Speak Now" Taylor Swift 1 (3) [P]
    26 (24) 02 "If I Can't Have You" Shawn Mendes 24
    28 (RE) 26 "Sparks Fly" Taylor Swift 2 (1) [3xP]
    29 (RE) 02 "Only With You" CYN 22
    30 (RE) 18 "Call Me Maybe" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (3) [4xP]

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    I was a little worried that I'd be in trouble for not showing your personal Top 2 enough love during the "ME!"-induced Taynado, so I'm glad that "Sparks Fly" + "Ours" helped redeem that chart.
    If I were to do a Taylor Swift countdown again, "Sparks Fly" and "Ours" would rank dangerously high!

Many thanks for giving all of those a try! (I know we've already been talking a lot about checking out unfamiliar tunes on people's charts, but I'm still gonna thank you each time anyway) I don't think "Drugs..." will go down as one of my top-Lauv-faves, but I do appreciates its message (being somewhat of a social media cynic myself). YouTube recommended CYN when I was re-watching some Allie X videos the other week. The "Believer" chorus gives me major Kylie vibes.
    Come through, YouTube!

The fact that it looks different form your 2013 list seems like a good thing to me, since that means it was even more worthwhile to ask for it now. I love the diversity of album representation there, with each LP spawning at least one entry. "All I Could Do Was Cry" is the only one that I had to add to my library - are you a big fan of Cadillac Records in general? "Scared To Be Lonely" and "Upgrade U" are the biggest (familiar) surprises, so I'll have to re-visit those in the near future. "Irreplaceable" is pretty nostalgic, since it was SUCH an airplay monster, and "Countdown" is probably my 4 fave too.
    I think B has a tremendous voice, and the Cadillac Records film really helped her to showcase those vocal chops, which don't always take centre stage in her own solo music. Her passion in "All I Could Do Was Cry" is palpable, though.

Damn, here I was feeling like a serious slacker compared to the example you've been setting as a chart commenter, so I'm truly touched to learn that I actually played a role in you becoming the awesome personal chart contributor that you are today!
    It may seem like a weird thing to say, but you've certainly made me a better person just by virtue of knowing you and following the example you've set in so many ways. Your empathy and kindness >>>

Thanks again, Akini!
    My pleasure, Paul!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [75-71]

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 24th, 2019, 16:45

Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    I like 'Crave'. Consistently great new material from Madonna continues. After a few listens I really like the Sheeran/Bieber collaboration.
    Ooh, sounds like "I Don't Care" might become another "ME!" situation for us (recent poppy singles from big-name acts that do well on our charts, but get a lot of hate/derision around UKMIX).

Interesting that 'Timebomb' is higher than New York City. The latter is growing on me and thought 'Timebomb' was incredibly underrated at the time.
    Unfortunately, "New York City" has been pretty disappointing for me, and I hadn't revisited "Timebomb" in far too long! I'm really glad it made the cut for Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection, giving that often-overlooked gem a little extra attention and finally including it on an album of hers (besides that K25 box set).

Thanks again, ste!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 24th, 2019, 17:15

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Wow at "Crave" achieving what "Ghosttown" could not! It's a good song, though, and the most instant of the four Madame X tracks thus far.
    Yeah, Madonna's No. 1 tally here definitely doesn't reflect my affinity for her catalog (granted, the 2010's haven't exactly been her strongest decade). Although it fell short, I love "Joan of Arc" just as much as (and possibly even more than) her two chart-toppers. Ditto for "Love Spent."

"Too Much" is a song I thought was just okay, but Carly Rae's own love for the song has certainly rubbed off on me, and it certainly doesn't hurt that the lyrics feel super relatable for me.
    OoOh...many thanks for sharing that! Even though I'd read what you wrote before watching the video, I still wasn't expecting her to crown "Too Much" the supreme victor (especially over fan-worshipped "Run Away With Me") I wonder if that choice was (at least partially) her sly way of further promoting her current single/new material ("I swear my new stuff is some of my all-time-best, so make sure to check it out!") She's certainly got me boppin' along It was also very gracious/un-diva-like of her not to chuck the clipboard at someone and storm out because they misspelled "Gimmie Love"...

"Grains of Salt" is okay. "Only with You" isn't as good as the other two CYN songs you're charting, and "I Don't Care" is well below Ed and JB's best.
    I'm with you on CYN. I've added 6 of her songs to my library now, and "Believer" + "I'll Still Have Me" are easily on a tier above the rest. I'm SO sold on "I Don't Care," though In less competitive times (AKA if numerous favorite females weren't dropping singles and full albums right now), it'd be a serious No. 1 contender. Both of those boys know how to craft a catchy tune, and the whole "I hate being at obligatory social gatherings filled with unfamiliar people, but having my significant other by my side makes them at least slightly more tolerable" storyline really hits home for me.

Not super keen on this week's chart, but I'm 99% sure that next week's will be well up my pop-loving alley.
    Oh, that it will I'd say you still quoted a lot of songs for a "not super keen" week, though! I'll gladly take a score of 22/30 (especially from a discerning critic such as your fine self).

If I were to do a Taylor Swift countdown again, "Sparks Fly" and "Ours" would rank dangerously high!
    Is this strictly hypothetical, or perhaps a touch of foreshadowing/hype-building...?

It may seem like a weird thing to say, but you've certainly made me a better person just by virtue of knowing you and following the example you've set in so many ways. Your empathy and kindness >>>
    Weird? More like heartwarming, tear-jerking, and spirit-lifting It truly means a lot to hear that I come across that way, and the notion that I've been able to impact another poster in the way you've described is SO encouraging and fulfilling. It's satisfying enough when I can successfully turn someone on to a song I've been loving, but this...this is a whole 'nother level of touching. Thank you for saying all that, and hopefully I'll continue to have that effect/spread those good vibes around here. <3

Thanks again, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 24th, 2019, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 05/24/19

• Carly Rae can never have too much of the top spot, so she seizes her 17th No. 1 with Dedicated's standout single.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (02) 02 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (1) [G]
    02 (05) 02 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1)
    03 (06) 02 "Blame It On Your Love" Charli XCX ft. Lizzo 3
    04 (01) 02 "Crave" Madonna ft. Swae Lee 1 (1) [G]
    05 (NE) 01 "Want You In My Room" Carly Rae Jepsen 5
    06 (NE) 01 "Real Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 6
    07 (NE) 01 "Happy Not Knowing" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    08 (NE) 01 "Right Words Wrong Time" Carly Rae Jepsen 8
    09 (NE) 01 "Everything He Needs" Carly Rae Jepsen 9
    10 (NE) 01 "I'll Be Your Girl" Carly Rae Jepsen 10
    11 (NE) 01 "Feels Right" Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Electric Guest 11
    12 (03) 10 "Party For One" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [P]
    13 (08) 04 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [G]
    14 (04) 03 "Grains Of Salt" Tacocat 4
    15 (NE) 01 "The Sound" Carly Rae Jepsen 15
    16 (NE) 01 "Automatically In Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 16
    17 (RE) 14 "Hurt So Good" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [2xP]
    18 (RE) 21 "Tug Of War" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (4) [3xP]
    19 (09) 02 "Medellín" Madonna ft. Maluma 9
    20 (RE) 22 "Let's Get Lost" Carly Rae Jepsen 4 [2xP]
    21 (RE) 23 "Tonight I'm Getting Over You" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [3xP]
    22 (RE) 28 "Gimmie Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (1) [3xP]
    23 (11) 02 "Carry On" Kygo ft. Rita Ora 11
    24 (13) 03 "Free" Broods 13
    25 (14) 03 "Bridges" Broods 2 (1)
    26 (19) 04 "Hollow Crown" Ellie Goulding 4
    27 (RE) 04 "Now That I Found You" Carly Rae Jepsen 6 [G]
    28 (NE) 01 "For Sure" Carly Rae Jepsen 28
    29 (07) 06 "Believer" CYN 4 [G]
    30 (24) 12 "Speak Now" Taylor Swift 1 (3) [P]

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 24th, 2019, 22:16

Love your 2 & 3 which will make an impact on my most played chart in the coming weeks I suspect.

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 26th, 2019, 15:31

Heyy.

How are you, sir? Hope you are doing very well. It has been a while again.

I remember we have had conversations about Carly in which I said I never rate her very much, BUT I gave the new record a chance and enjoyed almost everything I heard. Great record!! My favourite song at the moment would be The Sound, I think.

Also good to see the Charli x Lizzo song doing so well over here. It may be my favourite song at the moment, have been playing it a lot, it's just very catchy. I adore Crave as well. Madonna is bringing it this era, it already feels way more exciting and inspiring compared to the last three era's. Madame X could be her best record since COADF.

It has been a while since I had the chance to reply, I moved house/city and have been very busy, but delighted to see you checked out more Broods songs and liked them so much you charted them!!
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 29th, 2019, 19:28

Ha, fair point: guys probably wouldn't do that if it NEVER got a positive response, so that approach must work for them at least sometimes. Is that how you actually met your partner: he randomly spammed you with delicious dick pix, and it was love at first "sight"?

For the guys at "saunas," I think there's a thrill in hooking up with anonymous sexy strangers (and the fact that other strangers can watch the whole thing), but I'd have a tough time with totally-detached hookups like that. If I find a guy attractive and there's chemistry between us, I'd want to know his name and get to know him better in general. That's also why I'd probably struggle with an open relationship.
    No, we weren’t sending these pics to each other, we were just chatting about some random things and nothing sexual at all.

That’s… weird to me. But hey, everyone’s got their own taste. An open relationship is also something I’d struggle with, but less because of randomly hooking up with others and more because of me being probably too jealous. Speaking of open relationships, I’m still surprised how common it is for a gay couples to have an open relationship and that's really something that worries me lately…

Ha, yeah - if she really wrote that many new songs, maybe we'll get another B-side EP sometime next year? The four Dedicated preview tracks definitely give me the impression that she might've peaked already (or at least is in a creative "dip" right now), but I've still got hope/hype that there's some gems hidden among the 11 other tracks we haven't heard yet...
    Another B-Side EP would be a great idea and something she could do with all of her albums now, especially since she wrote that many songs. Also, even though none of the previews impressed us the way her earlier singles did, it looks like the whole album isn’t as disappointing as we feared. But I’ll comment on her album impact later on my comment…

I still read through the Hot 100 each week, but I wasn't bothering to check out every Top 10 entry that I didn't recognize for a while. Lately, I've gotten back into Akini's "Your Hot 100 Top 10" game, so I started giving them all at least 1-2 listens in order to rank them for that.
    That game is a nice way to be up-to-date with the current successes. It’s shocking how I’m not familiar with so many Top10 hits these days. Not only when it comes to the Hot 100, but also when it comes to the Swiss Charts.

Aw, I love that Speak Now was a source of comfort/support for you during a challenging, transformative phase of life like that. I hear you with struggling to put your love for certain songs/albums into words! I seriously struggle to write posts that make sense sometimes, even when they're about songs or albums I know I adore, because it's hard to dissect exactly why they evoke all the feelings that they do. SN has a lot of highlights, and I felt a little bad putting it at No. 4 in my ranking, but her stretch of albums from Fearless -> 1989 were just SO satisfying for me!

Although reputation has some real standouts (especially "Delicate"), some of the tracks that seem to reference the Kanye/"Famous" situation really don't work for me ("I Did Something Bad," "Don't Blame Me," "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things") and a couple other random album tracks just fall flat ("So It Goes...", "Dancing With Our Hands Tied") - so that's 1/3 of the whole album basically being a total "pass."
    Yes, it really meant a lot to me during that time. Interestingly, I didn't realize it during that time and only do now how much the album did for me. So yeah, it's not always easy to find words to express the feelings for an album, artist or songs in general, especially if they're meaning a lot to you but you can't really say why, it's just that way. Agreed with you, Taylor had a fantastic run with these albums and it's a shame she couldn't hold that level with "Reputation".

Same here when it comes to “Reputation”, though “I Did Something Bad” and especially “Don’t Blame Me” are two of the few real standouts for me I was preparing some parts of this reply earlier today and had to stopped for a moment as the day got busier than I thought, but during that time I actually revisited "Reputation" and surprisingly I enjoyed it more as a whole than I did previously. Maybe it's an album that sounds better with time...

As long as you keep saying you love and adore me, it's all good <3 <3 <3 I'm glad to hear you're finding time to post in more personal charts again, though, since it seems like you enjoyed (and felt proud) when you used to comment on a ton of them every week.

Yes! It obviously also depends on the time I have, but I really missed it and the 'enjoying it' part was definitely my biggest motivation, plus I'm simply wondering what you guys all enjoy at the moment and maybe I'm discovering something awesome as well by looking through the charts. Plus I know how happy it can make if someone leaves a comment, so when I love to check out things and leaving a nice feeling with a simple comment, then it's really worth it to spend some time on this.

Damn, Ellie is SERIOUSLY striking out with you lately I'm a little surprised that "Hollow Crown" is a big "miss" for you too. Maybe you can give it another chance during a less busy time? No concert effects to get in its way I noticed "Power Is Power" on your chart recently, but which other tracks from that soundtrack have stood out to you? I've only heard "Hollow Crown" so far.
    Oh no, it's not a big miss for me, it's just not as strong as I was hoping for and that soundtrack served several better tunes. MY highlight on this are "Kingdom Of One" by Maren Morris, "Power Is Power", "Turn On Me" by The National, "When I Lie" by Lil Peep & Ty Dolla $ign and "Pray (High Valyrian)" by Muse frontman Matt Bellamy.

SO much worse than "bad"! Definitely can't let you host any Avril Survivors ever again Kidding aside, I'm in that same situation with some of my most-played artists too (I've never heard Rihanna's Music Of The Sun or Beyoncé's Dangerously In Love in full).
    Glad to hear I’m not the only one who hasn’t heard some of the earlier works by some big artists.

Yep! I recently checked out "Talk" for that Billboard Top 10 game (at least that one didn't take forever to reach the Top 10).
    Ah, so that was a fantastic effect for the song on your charts and for Khalid overall!

"ME!" has definitely underwhelmed a lot of people, but for me it felt really refreshing compared to some of the lame/forgettable recent efforts from the ladies you mentioned (along with Ari's "7 Rings" + "Break Up..." too). You're SO right about Brendon, though! I'd just figured he was another super-skinny/scrawny alternative-rocker-type, but after seeing some shirtless pix...
    Glad Taylor still got your back! I really tried to get into it but somehow it still hasn’t clicked with me. I love the vibe of the song and their performances together (but honestly, Brendon outshines Taylor for me) so there’s that. Maybe I will revisit once the ESC hype has died down for me.
    Ah, glad you agree with me when it comes to Brendon <3

"Sparks Fly" is a major Tay classic, so I'm glad you've got a lot of love for it too! It really wasn't done justice as a 5th single with a tour footage video.
    …but that was a better treatment than none at all! Because at some point I was afraid this won’t become a single, so I was happy with what we got. It looks like she often treats some fan favorites that way (“New Romantics” also comes to my mind).

Ah, that's a great observation! I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head, but like you said, it would've had to be something that UKMIXers showed a LOT of love before the contest (like you and Akini did with "Chameleon").

Thanks again, Marsike!
    So you heard “Chameleon” and “Zero Gravity”, are there other ESC entries you already checked out from other charts?

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 05/24/19

01 (02) 02 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (1) [G]
    02 (05) 02 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1)
    03 (06) 02 "Blame It On Your Love" Charli XCX ft. Lizzo 3
    05 (NE) 01 "Want You In My Room" Carly Rae Jepsen 5
    06 (NE) 01 "Real Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 6
    07 (NE) 01 "Happy Not Knowing" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    08 (NE) 01 "Right Words Wrong Time" Carly Rae Jepsen 8
    09 (NE) 01 "Everything He Needs" Carly Rae Jepsen 9
    10 (NE) 01 "I'll Be Your Girl" Carly Rae Jepsen 10
    11 (NE) 01 "Feels Right" Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Electric Guest 11
    12 (03) 10 "Party For One" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [P]
    13 (08) 04 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [G]
    15 (NE) 01 "The Sound" Carly Rae Jepsen 15
    16 (NE) 01 "Automatically In Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 16
    17 (RE) 14 "Hurt So Good" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [2xP]
    18 (RE) 21 "Tug Of War" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (4) [3xP]
    20 (RE) 22 "Let's Get Lost" Carly Rae Jepsen 4 [2xP]
    21 (RE) 23 "Tonight I'm Getting Over You" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [3xP]
    22 (RE) 28 "Gimmie Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (1) [3xP]
    23 (11) 02 "Carry On" Kygo ft. Rita Ora 11
    24 (13) 03 "Free" Broods 13
    25 (14) 03 "Bridges" Broods 2 (1)
    26 (19) 04 "Hollow Crown" Ellie Goulding 4
    27 (RE) 04 "Now That I Found You" Carly Rae Jepsen 6 [G]
    28 (NE) 01 "For Sure" Carly Rae Jepsen 28
    30 (24) 12 "Speak Now" Taylor Swift 1 (3) [P]
    Love that Carly domination this week!
    After her singles from "Dedicated" didn't do as well as we both expected, I'm so happy to see that the album still made its (deserved) impact on your charts. As I said in my topic, I haven't found a song on the album yet that really stands out for me as it's more the whole body of work that I enjoy on "Dedicated" - and that's probably e better sign for the album itself.
    Great to see some of Carly's earlier songs back on the chart as well, especially "Tonight I'm Getting Over You" and "Gimmie Love".

Nice to see Detective Pikachu having brought "Carry On" to your chart as well. This is probably one of Kygo's best singles to date and Rita is doing a great job, so it's kinda sad how the song doesn't really take off on the charts out there (and Kygo already released another single...).

Also having to give a shoutout to some of the re-entries Taylor made in the previous week

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 31st, 2019, 17:00

Love your 2 & 3 which will make an impact on my most played chart in the coming weeks I suspect.
    Ooh...really looking forward to that. If those two can even come close to how well "ME!" has done on your chart, I'll be plenty pleased!

Thanks again, ste!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 31st, 2019, 17:10

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Heyy.

How are you, sir? Hope you are doing very well. It has been a while again.
    Howdy hey hi, mister! I'm INFINITELY better now that you've returned, of course. <3

I remember we have had conversations about Carly in which I said I never rate her very much, BUT I gave the new record a chance and enjoyed almost everything I heard. Great record!! My favourite song at the moment would be The Sound, I think.
    YES!!! What a glorious, unexpected, heartwarming turn of events. "The Sound" hasn't stood out to me as much (so far), but does anything else on Dedicated come close for you? Maybe I could even get your Dedicated Top 5? I've gotta capitalize on this rare opportunity to gush about Carly with you!

Also good to see the Charli x Lizzo song doing so well over here. It may be my favourite song at the moment, have been playing it a lot, it's just very catchy. I adore Crave as well. Madonna is bringing it this era, it already feels way more exciting and inspiring compared to the last three era's. Madame X could be her best record since COADF.
    I remember you sharing some kind words about Lizzo here before, but I couldn't recall where Charli stood with you until I read your character assassination over in the "Blame It..." thread I'm really glad this tune is powerful enough to help you overlook her (alleged) faults!

I was actually feeling a little nervous about Madame X until "Crave" dropped, and I've also started to appreciate the more subtle, soothing charms of "Medellín." It's been quite a while since she delivered such a subdued lead single.

It has been a while since I had the chance to reply, I moved house/city and have been very busy, but delighted to see you checked out more Broods songs and liked them so much you charted them!!
    Congrats on the move! Hopefully it's a change for the better (cheaper rent/bigger space/closer to work/better roommates/etc). It took some time for my favorites to become apparent from the handful of Broods tracks you recommended a while back, but I'm really seeing their appeal now, so thanks again for sharing them!

Thanks again, Fan!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 31st, 2019, 17:20

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    That’s… weird to me. But hey, everyone’s got their own taste. An open relationship is also something I’d struggle with, but less because of randomly hooking up with others and more because of me being probably too jealous. Speaking of open relationships, I’m still surprised how common it is for a gay couples to have an open relationship and that's really something that worries me lately…
    Aw, you SURE you'd never want an audience during sex? Kidding aside, I feel you with the jealousy factor in open relationships too. Although logically I know it's kind of juvenile to look at it this way, I'd probably feel like it meant that I wasn't "enough" for my bf (in addition to the general discomfort of knowing he's being that intimate with other random people).

What has you worried, though? Do you think your partner might want to try being open, or are other people pressuring you to try it out/judging you for being monogamous? Granted, since you mentioned that most of your gay friends fall in love with you, they probably DO wish you had an open relationship so they'd still have a chance to hook up with you I like that the LGBTQ+ community generally seems more accepting of different relationship arrangements (like being open), since I think a lot of couples often try to force strict monogamy when it clearly isn't working/just leads to cheating and betrayal...but sometimes people's attitudes go too far in the other direction, where monogamy is immediately frowned upon and dismissed as impossible/naive.

That game is a nice way to be up-to-date with the current successes. It’s shocking how I’m not familiar with so many Top10 hits these days. Not only when it comes to the Hot 100, but also when it comes to the Swiss Charts.
    Speaking of: what's the official site for the Swiss Charts? Like billboard.com, officialcharts.com, ariacharts.com.au, etc. I don't know much about them now, but I'd be interested in checking them out more often.

Same here when it comes to “Reputation”, though “I Did Something Bad” and especially “Don’t Blame Me” are two of the few real standouts for me I was preparing some parts of this reply earlier today and had to stopped for a moment as the day got busier than I thought, but during that time I actually revisited "Reputation" and surprisingly I enjoyed it more as a whole than I did previously. Maybe it's an album that sounds better with time...
    That's good to hear, and I should probably do the same at some point, since I haven't touched some reputation tracks since last year (or even 2017, for my least-faves) I'll probably get into another big Taylor mood leading up to her album release (well, once we know when that'll be...)

Yes! It obviously also depends on the time I have, but I really missed it and the 'enjoying it' part was definitely my biggest motivation, plus I'm simply wondering what you guys all enjoy at the moment and maybe I'm discovering something awesome as well by looking through the charts. Plus I know how happy it can make if someone leaves a comment, so when I love to check out things and leaving a nice feeling with a simple comment, then it's really worth it to spend some time on this.
    Well said! It really is a win-win: as the commenter, you get to learn what new music your friends are loving and possibly discover something you really like...while the chart creators see that someone took the time to check out the chart they made. You make a great point about leaving simple comments too. Sometimes I'll pass on commenting if I don't have the time to leave one of my usual lengthy responses - but a shorter comment is still better than none at all, and can still really brighten someone's day.

Oh no, it's not a big miss for me, it's just not as strong as I was hoping for and that soundtrack served several better tunes. MY highlight on this are "Kingdom Of One" by Maren Morris, "Power Is Power", "Turn On Me" by The National, "When I Lie" by Lil Peep & Ty Dolla $ign and "Pray (High Valyrian)" by Muse frontman Matt Bellamy.
    Ah, so almost half the album is better than "Hollow Crown" for you I added "Power Is Power" a couple weeks ago, but I should include some of those other suggestions too. Thanks for the list!

Glad Taylor still got your back! I really tried to get into it but somehow it still hasn’t clicked with me. I love the vibe of the song and their performances together (but honestly, Brendon outshines Taylor for me) so there’s that. Maybe I will revisit once the ESC hype has died down for me.
    Ah, glad you agree with me when it comes to Brendon <3
    Ouch I guess that speaks to Brendon's stage presence/strength as a performer, if he can outshine an artist you (usually) enjoy as much as Taylor.

…but that was a better treatment than none at all! Because at some point I was afraid this won’t become a single, so I was happy with what we got. It looks like she often treats some fan favorites that way (“New Romantics” also comes to my mind).
    True, that's a nice "glass-half-full" way of looking at it. I would've loved if "New Romantics" had gotten a proper video and more promotion too, though, since it was kind of a shame to end the 1989 era on a "flop" like that (especially when it was a fan-favorite track).

So you heard “Chameleon” and “Zero Gravity”, are there other ESC entries you already checked out from other charts?
    I also added "Replay," "Arcade"...and I think that's it? They're all likable, just not quite enough to really stand out for me during the Madonna, Taylor, Charli, Ed, Carly (and more) hype lately.

After her singles from "Dedicated" didn't do as well as we both expected, I'm so happy to see that the album still made its (deserved) impact on your charts. As I said in my topic, I haven't found a song on the album yet that really stands out for me as it's more the whole body of work that I enjoy on "Dedicated" - and that's probably a better sign for the album itself.

Great to see some of Carly's earlier songs back on the chart as well, especially "Tonight I'm Getting Over You" and "Gimmie Love".
    Ha, I do often prod you about your specific favorite tracks, but consistent quality across the entire album is an awesome result too!

IIRC, "Gimmie Love" is one of your top-favorites from E•MO•TION too, right? Well, along with "Run Away With Me" and "LA Hallucinations," of course.

Nice to see Detective Pikachu having brought "Carry On" to your chart as well. This is probably one of Kygo's best singles to date and Rita is doing a great job, so it's kinda sad how the song doesn't really take off on the charts out there (and Kygo already released another single...).
    Yeah, it's already Kygo's highest-charting single here (I never really got into "It Ain't Me" or "First Time") I'd love to see it become a bigger hit on official charts too (since it'd be cool if Detective Pikachu could be a hit movie AND spawn a big hit single as well), but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks again, Marsike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 31st, 2019, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 05/31/19

• "Too Much" notches two weeks on top, but Miley, Katy, or Mark might put an end to Carly's conquest soon.

01 (01) 03 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (2) [G]
    02 (06) 02 "Real Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1)
    03 (05) 02 "Want You In My Room" Carly Rae Jepsen 3
    04 (NE) 01 "Cross Me" Ed Sheeran ft. Chance The... 4
    05 (02) 03 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1) [G]
    06 (04) 03 "Crave" Madonna ft. Swae Lee 1 (1) [G]
    07 (RE) 06 "Younger Now" Miley Cyrus 4 [G]
    08 (RE) 11 "Malibu" Miley Cyrus 1 (1) [P]
    09 (03) 03 "Blame It On Your Love" Charli XCX ft. Lizzo 3 [G]
    10 (NE) 01 "What A Diff'rence A Day..." Dinah Washington 10
    11 (07) 02 "Happy Not Knowing" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    12 (NE) 01 "One Touch" Jess Glynne ft. Jax Jones 12
    13 (RE) 09 "The City" Ed Sheeran 2 (1) [P]
    14 (10) 02 "I'll Be Your Girl" Carly Rae Jepsen 10
    15 (19) 03 "Medellín" Madonna ft. Maluma 9
    16 (15) 02 "The Sound" Carly Rae Jepsen 15
    17 (NE) 01 "Talk (Disclosure VIP)" Khalid 17
    18 (RE) 03 "Inspired" Miley Cyrus 18
    19 (RE) 03 "Rainbowland" Miley Cyrus ft. Dolly Parton 19
    20 (NE) 01 "All This Love" Robin Schulz ft. Harlœ 20
    21 (RE) 10 "Lego House" Ed Sheeran 1 (2) [P]
    22 (RE) 08 "Galway Girl" Ed Sheeran 3 [P]
    23 (RE) 08 "Drive" Miley Cyrus 2 (2) [P]
    24 (13) 05 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [G]
    25 (14) 04 "Grains Of Salt" Tacocat 4
    26 (RE) 06 "Maybe You're Right" Miley Cyrus 8 [G]
    27 (RE) 09 "Perfect" Ed Sheeran 13 [G]
    28 (24) 04 "Free" Broods 13
    29 (RE) 03 "If I Can't Have You" Shawn Mendes 24
    30 (23) 03 "Carry On" Kygo ft. Rita Ora 11

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 31st, 2019, 22:49

I like both new Ed Sheeran tracks and Jess Glynne. Also very happy to see Robin Shultz enter!

Legend
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 01:49

YES at "What a Diff'rence a Day Made" debuting here! I was happy enough that you had kind words to share about it in my thread, but I honestly never expected it to chart here. I'm elated that you appreciate it so much!!!

I checked out "Cross Me", and it's kind of a bop actually. Pleasant surprise that one. "Too Much" is a mood because sometimes I suspect that maybe I - in general - am too much, so Carly Rae's apprehension of being perceived as such resonates with me. I don't think I care about being too much, though. At this point, it's more of an observation than anything else.

01 (01) 03 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (2) [G]
    02 (06) 02 "Real Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1)
    03 (05) 02 "Want You In My Room" Carly Rae Jepsen 3
    04 (NE) 01 "Cross Me" Ed Sheeran ft. Chance The... 4
    05 (02) 03 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1) [G]
    06 (04) 03 "Crave" Madonna ft. Swae Lee 1 (1) [G]
    07 (RE) 06 "Younger Now" Miley Cyrus 4 [G]
    08 (RE) 11 "Malibu" Miley Cyrus 1 (1) [P]
    10 (NE) 01 "What A Diff'rence A Day..." Dinah Washington 10
    11 (07) 02 "Happy Not Knowing" Carly Rae Jepsen 7
    14 (10) 02 "I'll Be Your Girl" Carly Rae Jepsen 10
    15 (19) 03 "Medellín" Madonna ft. Maluma 9
    16 (15) 02 "The Sound" Carly Rae Jepsen 15
    21 (RE) 10 "Lego House" Ed Sheeran 1 (2) [P]
    22 (RE) 08 "Galway Girl" Ed Sheeran 3 [P]
    23 (RE) 08 "Drive" Miley Cyrus 2 (2) [P]
    24 (13) 05 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [G]
    27 (RE) 09 "Perfect" Ed Sheeran 13 [G]
    29 (RE) 03 "If I Can't Have You" Shawn Mendes 24
    30 (23) 03 "Carry On" Kygo ft. Rita Ora 11

Is this strictly hypothetical, or perhaps a touch of foreshadowing/hype-building...?
    Strictly hypothetical! I have two countdowns that I'd like to push out before August, and that's looking rather impossible at the moment, so I definitely don't have the time for a T-Swizzle one. If my life allows me, I could see myself producing another T-Swizzle tribute in...late 2021/early 2022.

Weird? More like heartwarming, tear-jerking, and spirit-lifting It truly means a lot to hear that I come across that way, and the notion that I've been able to impact another poster in the way you've described is SO encouraging and fulfilling. It's satisfying enough when I can successfully turn someone on to a song I've been loving, but this...this is a whole 'nother level of touching. Thank you for saying all that, and hopefully I'll continue to have that effect/spread those good vibes around here. <3
    I'm positive you will! And thanks again for being such a huge spirit-lifter for me over the years! <3
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [75-71]

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 17:00

I like both new Ed Sheeran tracks and Jess Glynne. Also very happy to see Robin Shultz enter!
    Glad you mentioned the Jess+Jax collabo, since I haven't seen a lot of love for that tune elsewhere. I feel like it'd fit in pretty well alongside the other dance/house tracks you're often charting, so **fingers crossed** for a splashy debut in the near future.

You deserve 100% of the credit for that "All This Love" appearance, so thanks for introducing me to it!

Thanks again, ste!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 17:15

YES at "What a Diff'rence a Day Made" debuting here! I was happy enough that you had kind words to share about it in my thread, but I honestly never expected it to chart here. I'm elated that you appreciate it so much!!!
    You've mentioned how the perpetual stress/chaos of adult life has given you a greater appreciation for mellower, calming tracks in recent years, and "What A Diff'rence..." has that effect on me too. Thanks for bringing it into my world!

I checked out "Cross Me", and it's kind of a bop actually. Pleasant surprise that one. "Too Much" is a mood because sometimes I suspect that maybe I - in general - am too much, so Carly Rae's apprehension of being perceived as such resonates with me. I don't think I care about being too much, though. At this point, it's more of an observation than anything else.
    YES! Seems like Ed's getting torn to shreds lately (especially around UKMIX), so it's really refreshing to see an endorsement like that for one of his recent offerings.

Ha, or as Miley says: "Why I gotta be so motherfuckin' extra?" Although excess can certainly spell disaster when it comes to some things (alcohol use, shopping/spending, etc), I feel like (especially as gay men) we're too often told to "tone it down" and such, so I'm totally in favor of you being as "too much" as you damn well please. Let your flame shine as bright as it can (because I definitely enjoy basking in your glow).

Strictly hypothetical! I have two countdowns that I'd like to push out before August, and that's looking rather impossible at the moment, so I definitely don't have the time for a T-Swizzle one. If my life allows me, I could see myself producing another T-Swizzle tribute in...late 2021/early 2022.
    OoOh. Knowing how thorough your countdowns and tributes usually are, tackling two over the next two months will be no small feat! Hype!

I'm positive you will! And thanks again for being such a huge spirit-lifter for me over the years! <3
    You're very welcome <3 and right back at ya, of course!

Thanks again, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 06/07/19

• Katy triumphs in a tiebreaker with Marmila, thus clinching her fifth No. 1.

01 (NE) 01 "Never Really Over" Katy Perry 1 (1)
    02 (NE) 01 "Find U Again" Mark Ronson ft. Camila Cabello 2 (1)
    03 (05) 04 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1) [G]
    04 (04) 02 "Cross Me" Ed Sheeran ft. Chance The... 4
    05 (NE) 01 "Mother's Daughter" Miley Cyrus 5
    06 (NE) 01 "The Most" Miley Cyrus 6
    07 (01) 04 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (2) [G]
    08 (06) 04 "Crave" Madonna ft. Swae Lee 1 (1) [G]
    09 (RE) 10 "Bon Appétit" Katy Perry ft. Migos 1 (1) [2xP]
    10 (03) 03 "Want You In My Room" Carly Rae Jepsen 3 [G]
    11 (24) 06 "ME!" Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie 1 (2) [P]
    12 (07) 07 "Younger Now" Miley Cyrus 4 [G]
    13 (NE) 01 "Unholy" Miley Cyrus 13
    14 (NE) 01 "D.R.E.A.M." Miley Cyrus ft. Ghostface Killah 14
    15 (NE) 01 "Let You" Cheryl (Cole) 15
    16 (RE) 03 "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart" Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus 16
    17 (NE) 01 "Sad Forever" Lauv 17
    18 (RE) 28 "Birthday" Katy Perry 2 (1) [3xP]
    19 (RE) 27 "The One That Got Away" Katy Perry 5 [3xP]
    20 (02) 03 "Real Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [G]
    21 (RE) 05 "Love Made Me Do It" Cheryl (Cole) 2 (2) [G]
    22 (12) 02 "One Touch" Jess Glynne ft. Jax Jones 12
    23 (09) 04 "Blame It On Your Love" Charli XCX ft. Lizzo 3 [G]
    24 (10) 02 "What A Diff'rence A Day..." Dinah Washington 10
    25 (RE) 25 "Teenage Dream" Katy Perry 2 (1) [3xP]
    26 (NE) 01 "Cattitude" Miley Cyrus ft. RuPaul 26
    27 (14) 03 "I'll Be Your Girl" Carly Rae Jepsen 10
    28 (RE) 08 "Walking On Air" Katy Perry 3 [P]
    29 (RE) 12 "Part Of Me" Katy Perry 1 (1) [2xP]
    30 (RE) 12 "Hummingbird Heartbeat" Katy Perry 2 (1) [P]

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Superstar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 9th, 2019, 09:02

Glad to see so many Katy Perry songs, especially 'Bon Appetit'. A return to the Top 10! Wow. Amazing.

Really need to listen to her new song, haven't found any time yet!

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Superstar
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 02:13

I'm back and able to comment

Wow, look at Katy go! Never Really Over is something I'm enjoying more than any of her Witness singles (though I liked Bon Appetit for a hot minute). I kind of like the tongue-in-cheek of the title because Katy did seem over after Witness and yet, she managed to out-debut Cardi B in this week's Hot 100.

Great to see Madonna had success with Crave while I was away - what do you think of Dark Ballet?

I just heard Lauv's Sad Forever yesterday and kind of filed it away as something to consider, and here I see you debuted him. What other songs of his have made your chart?
    It's time for Hot 100 Songs of 2018 Survivor!
    Of course, cheapthrills does Sia Survivor!

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 22:02

Love both of the Ed songs, Katy Perry, Madonna & Charli XCX

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 11:37

Howdy hey hi, mister! I'm INFINITELY better now that you've returned, of course. <3

YES!!! What a glorious, unexpected, heartwarming turn of events. "The Sound" hasn't stood out to me as much (so far), but does anything else on Dedicated come close for you? Maybe I could even get your Dedicated Top 5? I've gotta capitalize on this rare opportunity to gush about Carly with you!

I remember you sharing some kind words about Lizzo here before, but I couldn't recall where Charli stood with you until I read your character assassination over in the "Blame It..." thread I'm really glad this tune is powerful enough to help you overlook her (alleged) faults!

I was actually feeling a little nervous about Madame X until "Crave" dropped, and I've also started to appreciate the more subtle, soothing charms of "Medellín." It's been quite a while since she delivered such a subdued lead single.

Congrats on the move! Hopefully it's a change for the better (cheaper rent/bigger space/closer to work/better roommates/etc). It took some time for my favorites to become apparent from the handful of Broods tracks you recommended a while back, but I'm really seeing their appeal now, so thanks again for sharing them!

Thanks again, Fan!
    <3

Haha, absolutely! I have to say I listen to most songs at random, so I never really know which song is which A top 5 would be too hard to make that way, but I like Julian quite a lot as well and Now That I Have Found You!

Sorry. I do enjoy some Charli songs from time to time. Boys was a TUNE and 1999 is fun as well, but there is something about her that I happen to find so pretentious. Just like the Wannabe cover she released the other week..

Ah, I see! Yes, Medellin was quite hard to get into for a lot of people, but I think it grabbed me at the second listen already. Crave is stunning as well. This whole era just feels like the old Madonna again. The one who does what she wants and does not follow trends to be cool or score a hit single. It feels natural.

Thank you!! My bf and I moved in together, so that was quite a big step. Still need some time to get used to my new city (I miss my old hometown quite a bit, even though it's 30 minutes apart) and meet some new people etc.

That new Katy song is soo good!! I was not expecting her to come back this hard as the Witness era was a bit of a non-event for me.
    Love to see those Mother's Daughter and The Most entering as the highest entries from the EP. Most certainly the two best!

The new Cheryl song has finally grown on me as well.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 17:05

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE View Post
    Glad to see so many Katy Perry songs, especially 'Bon Appetit'. A return to the Top 10! Wow. Amazing.

Really need to listen to her new song, haven't found any time yet!
    "Never Really Over" put me in a MAJOR Katy mood, and it turns out "Bon Appétit" has held up really well for me! Migos don't seem like the most charming individuals IRL, but that song's a ton of catchy, frisky fun that deserved much better on official charts. Hope you get a chance to check out NRO soon, so I can start following/rooting for it on your chart.

Thanks again, lucky!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 17:10

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I'm back and able to comment
    Glad to have you back!

Wow, look at Katy go! Never Really Over is something I'm enjoying more than any of her Witness singles (though I liked Bon Appetit for a hot minute). I kind of like the tongue-in-cheek of the title because Katy did seem over after Witness and yet, she managed to out-debut Cardi B in this week's Hot 100.
    I love that you're loving "Never Really Over," and I'm equally thrilled to see you give a quick shout-out to poor under-appreciated "Bon Appétit." I truly don't understand how that one flopped harder than "This Is How We Do" basically everywhere on the planet Ha, great catch with the title!

Great to see Madonna had success with Crave while I was away - what do you think of Dark Ballet?
    Well...I'm glad that she seems to have been in an especially creative place/state of mind while recording Madame X, and had the freedom to follow those artistic inclinations. I can't say I particularly enjoy the results on that track, but good on her for crafting some more personal, experimental material. Sounds like we're in for a diverse album.

I just heard Lauv's Sad Forever yesterday and kind of filed it away as something to consider, and here I see you debuted him. What other songs of his have made your chart?
    **Fingers crossed** "Sad Forever" can re-capture your attention soon! It definitely got over-shadowed by Katy (and others) hype last week, and No. 17 won't be its final peak. Lauv's scored 16 Paulboard entires so far (as the lead), with his biggest hits being:

"I Like Me Better" = No. 1 peak | 14 weeks total | [2xP]
    "Paris In The Rain" = No. 1 | 8 wks | [P]
    "I'm So Tired" = No. 2 | 6 wks | [P]
    "Chasing Fire" = No. 3 | 6 wks | [P]
    "There's No Way" = No. 8 | 3 wks | [G]
    "Easy Love" = No. 11 | 9 wks | [P]

Honorable mention for DJ Snake's "A Different Way," which features Lauv and went to No. 1.

Thanks again, cheap!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 17:15

Love both of the Ed songs, Katy Perry, Madonna & Charli XCX
    Glad to see you're digging all of those recent releases too!

Thanks again, ste!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 17:25

Haha, absolutely! I have to say I listen to most songs at random, so I never really know which song is which A top 5 would be too hard to make that way, but I like Julian quite a lot as well and Now That I Have Found You!
    Ah, fair enough. I think Tansike said something similiar about how Dedicated is consistently enjoyable in a way that makes it difficult to pick out/rank specific highlights. The "Now That I Found You" video is a real treat.

Sorry. I do enjoy some Charli songs from time to time. Boys was a TUNE and 1999 is fun as well, but there is something about her that I happen to find so pretentious. Just like the Wannabe cover she released the other week..
    "Boys" deserved to be HUGE <3 Charli seems to be really hard-working, and does a lot of diverse collaborations, so I can understand some of her frustration with the lack of recognition/success compared to acts that shoot up the charts with unremarkable (or sometimes barely tolerable) stuff.

Ah, I see! Yes, Medellin was quite hard to get into for a lot of people, but I think it grabbed me at the second listen already. Crave is stunning as well. This whole era just feels like the old Madonna again. The one who does what she wants and does not follow trends to be cool or score a hit single. It feels natural.
    It does feels like Madonna had more of a creative vision and deeper investment in crafting Madame X compared to her previous two albums (though I still enjoyed those too). It comes across as more of a "labor of love" (even if some of her recent creative impulses don't quite work for me, like "Future").

Thank you!! My bf and I moved in together, so that was quite a big step. Still need some time to get used to my new city (I miss my old hometown quite a bit, even though it's 30 minutes apart) and meet some new people etc.
    That's massive! Congrats!! Do you two have the place all to yourselves, or does he have any other flatmates? Hopefully this new town will start feeling more like "home" for you soon. Having some new friends of your own nearby will certainly help too, and I can't imagine you'll have much difficulty making those.

That new Katy song is soo good!! I was not expecting her to come back this hard as the Witness era was a bit of a non-event for me.

Love to see those Mother's Daughter and The Most entering as the highest entries from the EP. Most certainly the two best!
    YES! SO glad you recognize the brilliance of "Never Really Over." I did enjoy some of Witness (and still do), but NRO exceeded my expectations too.

Thrilled to hear we're on the same page with She Is Coming as well! It was a tight race between "Mother's Daughter" and "The Most" for my early-favorite on that EP.

The new Cheryl song has finally grown on me as well.
    Unfortunately, that one's failing to make much of an impact with me I liked some of Nicola's contributions to Only Human (especially "Goodbye Means Hello"), but her more unique charm/style seems absent on "Let You" (granted, there were quite a few other writers involved). That said, I still wish it wasn't flopping as badly as it is.

Thanks again, Fan!

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 17:30

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 06/14/19

• Katy and Marmila give us the first static Top 2 since Ari's "Ghostin" and "Fake Smile" both held firm back in February. A certain Madame should shake things up soon, though...

01 (01) 02 "Never Really Over" Katy Perry 1 (2) [G]
    02 (02) 02 "Find U Again" Mark Ronson ft. Camila Cabello 2 (2) [G]
    03 (07) 05 "Too Much" Carly Rae Jepsen 1 (2) [P]
    04 (06) 02 "The Most" Miley Cyrus 4
    05 (17) 02 "Sad Forever" Lauv 5
    06 (03) 05 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1) [G]
    07 (20) 04 "Real Love" Carly Rae Jepsen 2 (1) [G]
    08 (27) 04 "I'll Be Your Girl" Carly Rae Jepsen 8
    09 (RE) 03 "The Sound" Carly Rae Jepsen 9
    10 (13) 02 "Unholy" Miley Cyrus 10
    11 (08) 05 "Crave" Madonna ft. Swae Lee 1 (1) [P]