Results 2,876 to 2,895 of 2895

Thread: Paulboard Top 30 | 10 Years Old

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri October 18th, 2019, 16:45

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Yeah, definitely!
    Haha, well, he's on vacation for nearly two weeks and already comes back on Monday, but I did-n't do something with someone else To be honest, I didn't even think of that.
    I guess between all the stress of adjusting to your new job and all the fun (well, hopefully fun) of Link's Awakening, you had plenty of other things keeping you occupied anyway. Feel free to share all the sexy details if you ever DO act on his offer, though!

Agreed. But I guess it's more often because we are already seen as something that goes under 'different types of arrangements' by a lot of people still, so many may automatically think why not trying out even other things? Ah, thanks. If people ask me things I usually have no problem to be open about these things; sometimes I go even further into things than I need to, but I have that from my mom and her mom - this side of my family just likes to talk and tell things
    Ha, well, like I was saying above: don't hesitate to "go even further" here anytime! I know I don't share personal stuff of my own very often, so hopefully that doesn't feel too unfair, but I'm always happy to learn more about your fine, funny, fascinating self.

Yes, most likely! Though I keep on discovering more songs every year, so there's also more competition and songs fall faster than some years ago.
    **Nod** Turnover has definitely accelerated here too (mostly thanks to streaming, which is funny, since streaming had the opposite effect on most official charts).

Thanks for that information! That's actually kinda cool and also sounds way more realistic to me. This makes me question my method again, as I keep on thinking about changing the method for certifications (like including plays as well). Do you know how big your certification ratio is; like for example if around 50% of the songs that reach your charts also get certified?
    I didn't, but this was fun to look up, so thanks for asking! Unless I miscounted/mis-mathed, it looks like:

- 4,063 songs have charted on Paulboard over the years
    - 1,863 of those songs have enough plays for Gold or higher

So about 45% of entries have been certified (which is definitely higher than I would've guessed, since it feels like I've had a lot of lower-peaking songs that dropped out after only a week or two).

Even though I cringed at the spelling line, I agree with you overall. But we probably have to see it from a positive side: She has become such a big star that she has so many haters. I mean, look at Madonna, Mariah, Janet & Co; they all have many haters as well and you usually get there when you're really big.
    Ha, I love that positive spin on it, and it makes sense: lots of people hating on you means you're at least big enough for all those people to know about you and have strong opinions about you!

Wait... what? I really thought you've been a fan of Charli for a while and that was why she was so extremely popular on your charts! So you never heard her first two albums? What about some of its singles (like "Break The Rules")?
    Aw, sorry if I mislead you there I've been charting Charli since "Boom Clap" (well, she was featured on "I Love It" even earlier), but she didn't score a No. 1 until "3 AM (Pull Up)" in 2017, and then Pop 2 became her first full album/mixtape I heard later that year. I think you mentioned in the past that "Break The Rules" was one of your early favorites from her, right? Maybe it's still your overall favorite?

Yes I got my tickets, thank you! Ah, glad to hear it's not over yet as it's definitely a good tune, even though it's obviously no "Without Me".
    Congrats! Any idea who you might take?

This sounds very positive though, as it's way more interesting to discover several songs week by week and having different favorites from time to time instead of having always the same and therefor getting bored of them more quickly. If you say "Cornelia Street" is part of your Top5, what are the other four songs there at the moment?

Can't really explain why I have such a soft spot for "It's Nice To Have A Friend", but it's just such a breeze of fresh air while listening to the album and it always puts a smile on my face, so that's why it clearly stands out to me. It's probably in my Top5 and not in the Top2 - I'd say "You Need To Calm Down" and "Miss Americana" share the Top2 spots for me
    Damn, Top 5 is a tough call - which is a good sign, though, since struggling to narrow it down to 5 shows how enjoyable the album is overall. I'll probably tweak this list a dozen times before actually posting it but for now, I'll say:

1.) "Death By A Thousand Cuts"
    2.) "Cornelia Street"
    3.) "Lover"
    4.) "I Think He Knows"
    5.) "Cruel Summer"

I didn't realize YNTCD ranks that highly for you! It must've really grown on you since its initial release? It had much better longevity/staying power with me than I initially expected.

Looks like that catchy phrase (that I love by the way!) and "Violence" as a song overall didn't grow on you that much, but nice that it at least re-entered for a short time. I'm still wondering if we will ever get another Grimes album to be honest
    Yeah On one hand, it's kind of cool that she follows her artistic impulses...but it'd also be nice if someone could help her stay a bit more focused/on-track. I can understand an artist wanting to make their work as "perfect" as possible, but that could mean never releasing anything at all, and even if it doesn't feel completely perfect to her, it could still have a huge, positive impact on fans.

Seeing Allie X slaying made me interested to listen to the two debuts at #1 and #2. So when I checked them out, I was surprised to see they're actually already older and not new and they sound more 'light' than what I expected. Both are definitely nice tunes (though I didn't find an original link to "Sorry", only slower or faster versions...).
    Many thanks for checking those out! "Debut" is definitely one of the most bubblegum-pop-sounding songs I've heard from Allie (which might be why she never officially released it), but it's SO up-my-alley! Pop bliss <3 I couldn't find a good YouTube upload of "Sorry" either, so I had to hunt it down on SoundCloud.

Nice to see Taylor still smashing, same with Charli. "White Mercedes" just got back on my radar today so it's cool to see it as a re-entry on your charts. Also loved to see "Sweettalk My Heart" having been the most successful album track in Tove's release week and it's good to see her still having some entries two weeks later. "Sunshine Kitty" is such a good pop album and I'm so happy she has released an album that I really enjoy again.
    This is especially exciting when I think about how several female popstars had disappointed you over the past year or so (Ellie, Zara, etc). Thankfully Tay and Tove came through!

Last but not least, great debut for Camila's "Cry For Me". How would you compare it to the other "Romance" tracks so far?
    It's my favorite of the bunch, but it feels like she's taking a quantity-over-quality approach with this era We got four new tracks in a month (while she already has a huge collaborative hit on the charts), and none of them are doing a ton for me.

Thanks again, Marsike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri October 18th, 2019, 16:50

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Did False God and Lover both move up after her SNL performance? Too bad Lover didn't quite make the top five so it could impact the CZB chart, but Lover was #1 there anyway!
    Pretty much! Well, I still haven't actually watched those performances but the ensuing buzz they generated online put both songs on my mind. A former UKMIXer I stay in touch with is a huge fan of "False God," so interacting with him often gets me thinking about that track too.

It amuses me that I mentioned Allie X a couple weeks ago and here she is taking about half your chart along with Charli still charting some of her songs.
    You successfully summoned her (intentionally or not) Although I'm not loving her latest single, new-era-hype definitely fueled her recent resurgence too.

Congrats to Lauv for being the lone solo male on your chart this week.
    There's no denying that the sex disparity is STRONG here. Idk if it's something about female voices, or the types of songs that female artists are more inclined to write/perform, but my musical preferences have always been quite skewed in their favor.

Thanks again, CT!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri October 18th, 2019, 17:00

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 10/18/19

• With Halloween on the horizon, Hayley conjures up "Demons" to treat herself to a third No. 1.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (NE) 01 "Demons" Hayley Kiyoko 1 (1)
    02 (RE) 09 "I Wish" Hayley Kiyoko 1 (1) [P]
    03 (01) 02 "Debut" Allie X 1 (1) [G]
    04 (NE) 01 "Loved By You" Terror Jr 4
    05 (03) 11 "Catch" Allie X 1 (1) [P]
    06 (02) 02 "Sorry" Allie X 2 (1)
    07 (08) 02 "Cry For Me" Camila Cabello 7
    08 (07) 09 "Lover" Taylor Swift 3 [P]
    09 (09) 05 "I Don't Wanna Know" Charli XCX 1 (1) [G]
    10 (RE) 09 "Hello" Allie X 3 [P]
    11 (05) 04 "Shifted" Tove Lo 2 (1)
    12 (16) 06 "February 2017" Charli XCX ft. Clairo & Yaeji 2 (2) [G]
    13 (06) 04 "Mistaken" Tove Lo 6
    14 (RE) 27 "Heartbreaks" Terror Jr 1 (3) [4xP]
    15 (NE) 01 "Easy" Camila Cabello 15
    16 (NE) 01 "Crowded Rooms" Terror Jr 16
    17 (RE) 05 "The Man" Taylor Swift 8 [G]
    18 (23) 06 "Good" Allie X 11 [G]
    19 (22) 04 "Prime" Allie X 19 [G]
    20 (NE) 01 "Imperfections" Céline Dion 20
    21 (RE) 03 "Shameless" Camila Cabello 21
    22 (11) 05 "Silver Cross" Charli XCX 11
    23 (RE) 09 "Happy Place" Terror Jr 1 (1) [P]
    24 (27) 07 "Cruel Summer" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [G]
    25 (21) 06 "Bitch" Allie X 5 [G]
    26 (18) 08 "I Think He Knows" Taylor Swift 4 [G]
    27 (19) 08 "Cornelia Street" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [G]
    28 (04) 04 "False God" Taylor Swift 4
    29 (RE) 17 "Do Or Die" Terror Jr 1 (1) [2xP]
    30 (26) 03 "Fresh Laundry" Allie X 9

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

by » Sat October 19th, 2019, 04:23

Interesting #1. It's definitely one of the better tracks I've heard from Hayley, and the chorus is definitely memorable.

What inspired the random Terror Jr re-entries?

01 (NE) 01 "Demons" Hayley Kiyoko 1 (1)
    07 (08) 02 "Cry For Me" Camila Cabello 7
    14 (RE) 27 "Heartbreaks" Terror Jr 1 (3) [4xP]
    23 (RE) 09 "Happy Place" Terror Jr 1 (1) [P]
    24 (27) 07 "Cruel Summer" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [G]
    26 (18) 08 "I Think He Knows" Taylor Swift 4 [G]
    27 (19) 08 "Cornelia Street" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [G]
    28 (04) 04 "False God" Taylor Swift 4

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    Thanks for checking it out! I recall some of my Charli faves falling flat for you in the past ("Backseat") so I appreciate your willingness to give her more chances. I think she nails melancholy dance tracks, but you're absolutely right about her often being presented/promoted as more of a Ke$ha-esque (circa 2009-2012) frisky, fun rave gurl.
    I think I view her that way, too, because my favourite song from her is the uptempo jam "Break the Rules".

A couple tracks are still a struggle for me, but I absolutely agree that - overall - Lover doesn't have as many lows as reputation (and the "lows" it does have don't sink nearly as far).
    Yep. I've been working on my decade-end charts this week, which has forced me to look at Taylor's body of work the past 10 years, and she's really been remarkably consistent. Even at her Reputation worst, she still delivered quality bops and lyrical gems.

Fair I was pretty on-board with "Boyfriend" for the first few weeks, but it faded fast after that. I've already been forgetting that's actually her current single (well, besides DCMA now).
    Ari's been doing a bit much in the music release department lately.

I bought a ticket to see her in concert next month, though, so excited for that! I'm not sure my body is ready to witness "Breathin" and "God Is a Woman" live.

Cute! Is it just like the album cover, or...? More importantly: have you/do you plan on posting any pix of you wearing it? I still don't think I've reached a firm conclusion re: Sweetener VS TUN overall, but I can see how those two tracks secure Sweetener a respectable standing for you (and many others, I imagine. GIAW alone really elevated her stature for a lot of people).
    It's just the album cover. I'll probably post a pic of me wearing it at her concert!

**Nod** I think that move is more cringe than the line itself ever was People just didn't think it was as cute/funny as she expected, but I feel like retroactive songwriting should be saved for lyrics that an artist realizes are truly problematic and regrettable after some serious introspection (if ever).
    Agreed.
    You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, it’s not an option.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Sat October 19th, 2019, 16:37

yay, happy to see still quite a few 'Lover' tracks here.

'Cornelia Street' and 'I Think He Knows' are criminally underrated among fans, at least that's my impression. So especially good to see them charting here.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Superstar
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Sat October 19th, 2019, 16:38

yay, happy to see still quite a few 'Lover' tracks here.

'Cornelia Street' and 'I Think He Knows' are criminally underrated among fans, at least that's my impression. So especially good to see them charting here.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri October 25th, 2019, 16:45

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Interesting #1. It's definitely one of the better tracks I've heard from Hayley, and the chorus is definitely memorable.
    Ha, yeah, that pitched/vocal effect throughout the chorus might be a dealbreaker for some listeners, but the lyrics are mighty relatable (and quite seasonally-appropriate with Halloween looming).

What inspired the random Terror Jr re-entries?
    They just dropped "Crowded Rooms," and when I was adding it, I discovered that I completely missed another (better) random single release from them back in April #flopfan

I think I view her that way, too, because my favourite song from her is the uptempo jam "Break the Rules".
    Excellent pick! I think that is/was one of Tansike's top-faves from Charli too.

Ari's been doing a bit much in the music release department lately.
    Yeah, randomly dropping singles without an album release in sight is becoming increasingly common, and a part of me does like that approach as a fan...but I think it'd behoove Ari to spend a little more time fine-tuning these recent offerings I'm sure it's quite liberating as an artist to record and release songs whenever inspiration strikes (and not according to some fossilized label exec's antiquated gameplan), but perhaps she'd benefit from a bit more consulting/collaborating before taking these songs public. I wonder if her massive success with TUN might've made her a tad too certain that she's got the Midas touch.

I bought a ticket to see her in concert next month, though, so excited for that! I'm not sure my body is ready to witness "Breathin" and "God Is a Woman" live.
    HYPE! Hopefully she lives up to the standard that Carrie set.

It's just the album cover. I'll probably post a pic of me wearing it at her concert!
    Yes PLZ! I'm gonna hold you to that.

Thanks again, Akini!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri October 25th, 2019, 16:50

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE View Post
    Those two tracks in particular (and "Lover") have done especially well by lingering here for 8-9 weeks without falling off yet, which is a pretty rare feat in the Apple Music era (with a lot of random tracks debuting and re-entering each week).

Of all the songs to debut on my chart this year, only 20 have spent 8+ total weeks (so far) - and 6 of those songs are from Lover.

Thanks again, lucky!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri October 25th, 2019, 17:00

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 10/25/19

• Terror Jr have nothing to fear as they vanquish Hayley's "Demons" to claim the top spot for themselves.

01 (04) 02 "Loved By You" Terror Jr 1 (1)
    02 (01) 02 "Demons" Hayley Kiyoko 1 (1)
    03 (NE) 01 "Rings A Bell" Allie X 3
    04 (02) 10 "I Wish" Hayley Kiyoko 1 (1) [P]
    05 (03) 03 "Debut" Allie X 1 (1) [G]
    06 (06) 03 "Sorry" Allie X 2 (1) [G]
    07 (11) 05 "Shifted" Tove Lo 2 (1) [G]
    08 (RE) 01 "Flowers" DJ Spoony ft. Sugababes 8
    09 (RE) 05 "Small Talk" Katy Perry 4 [G]
    10 (08) 10 "Lover" Taylor Swift 3 [P]
    11 (20) 02 "Imperfections" Céline Dion 11
    12 (NE) 01 "Make It Right" BTS ft. Lauv 12
    13 (NE) 01 "Harleys In Hawaii" Katy Perry 13
    14 (12) 07 "February 2017" Charli XCX ft. Clairo & Yaeji 2 (2) [G]
    15 (27) 09 "Cornelia Street" Taylor Swift 1 (1) [P]
    16 (RE) 07 "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Taylor Swift 2 (2) [P]
    17 (10) 10 "Hello" Allie X 3 [P]
    18 (NE) 01 "Lose You To Love Me" Selena Gomez 18
    19 (RE) 36 "We Found Love" Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris 1 (6) [8xP]
    20 (05) 12 "Catch" Allie X 1 (1) [2xP]
    21 (26) 09 "I Think He Knows" Taylor Swift 4 [G]
    22 (09) 06 "I Don't Wanna Know" Charli XCX 1 (1) [G]
    23 (14) 28 "Heartbreaks" Terror Jr 1 (3) [4xP]
    24 (07) 03 "Cry For Me" Camila Cabello 7
    25 (RE) 12 "Never Really Over" Katy Perry 1 (3) [P]
    26 (RE) 02 "Miss Americana & The..." Taylor Swift 26
    27 (RE) 07 "Freaking Me Out" Ava Max 1 (2) [P]
    28 (RE) 04 "Put It All On Me" Ed Sheeran ft. Ella Mai 3 [G]
    29 (RE) 09 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1) [P]
    30 (RE) 05 "Boyfriend" Ariana Grande ft. Social House 2 (2) [G]

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Mon October 28th, 2019, 09:55

Great to see 'Flowers' in there and quite like that Selena Gomez song too.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

by » Mon October 28th, 2019, 17:56

Nice debut for Allie X's latest track, shame it missed the #1 position though. What are your thoughts? It's a bit of a departure from her other songs, more 'funkier' I would say? The production reminds me a little bit of something Charlie Puth would do, but much better as I'm not a fan of his work. I've noticed that it had the same debut as Fresh Laundry which plummeted down your chart (and mine unfortunately). More of an album track rather than a lead single I think. Is it too early to ask which one you prefer?

I'm actually going to see our girl in Paris next week as she's the support act for Marina. While I'm a fan of Marina's music I actually bought tickets to see Allie X. I'm so excited as I never thought I'd get the opportunity to see her as I don't think she has much of a following in Australia.

Always great to see Allie chart here. There are now only less than 100 scobbles between you and I on LastFm to determine Allie's biggest fan. I have a feeling you'll succeed me very shortly.

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri November 1st, 2019, 16:50

Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    Great to see 'Flowers' in there and quite like that Selena Gomez song too.
    I totally owe UKMIX for alerting me to "Flowers," since I'd never heard of DJ Spoony until I saw the song's thread here, and I didn't realize the original Sugababes trio had officially won the name back!

Selena will enjoy a healthy jump on the next chart, since the weird mid-week release for her two new tracks gave her reduced time to accumulate plays last week. This comeback is shaping up to be quite massive for her on official charts too!

Thanks again, ste!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri November 1st, 2019, 16:55

Quote Originally Posted by GaGarazzi View Post
    Nice debut for Allie X's latest track, shame it missed the #1 position though. What are your thoughts? It's a bit of a departure from her other songs, more 'funkier' I would say? The production reminds me a little bit of something Charlie Puth would do, but much better as I'm not a fan of his work. I've noticed that it had the same debut as Fresh Laundry which plummeted down your chart (and mine unfortunately). More of an album track rather than a lead single I think. Is it too early to ask which one you prefer?
    Ah, "funkier" is quite apt! I hadn't thought of the Charlie Puth comparison, but that's very fitting too. It's definitely not too early to ask my favorite in this case, since "Fresh Laundry" really isn't doing it for me I can appreciate some of Allie's more subdued offerings ("Focus," "Misbelieving," "Need You"), but "Fresh Laundry" is just too…sparse, I guess? She has some interesting ideas there (especially in the video), but the song itself lacks replay value for me.

I'm actually going to see our girl in Paris next week as she's the support act for Marina. While I'm a fan of Marina's music I actually bought tickets to see Allie X. I'm so excited as I never thought I'd get the opportunity to see her as I don't think she has much of a following in Australia.
    Congrats! Getting to see her live (in Paris!) sounds like an absolute dream, and I'd love to hear every detail when you return (especially the setlist, since she might debut some brand-new material).

Always great to see Allie chart here. There are now only less than 100 scobbles between you and I on LastFm to determine Allie's biggest fan. I have a feeling you'll succeed me very shortly.
    Ha, I thought I might've pulled ahead by now, since my interest in her really skyrocketed this year I imagine the concert effect will help you maintain (or even widen) that lead for the foreseeable future...

Thanks again, GaGarazzi!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri November 1st, 2019, 17:00

Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 11/01/19

• With a No. 18 ---> No. 1 leap, Selena gains her second chart-topper since losing The Scene.

01 (18) 02 "Lose You To Love Me" Selena Gomez 1 (1)
    02 (28) 05 "Put It All On Me" Ed Sheeran ft. Ella Mai 2 (1) [G]
    03 (03) 02 "Rings A Bell" Allie X 3
    04 (NE) 01 "Now I'm In It" HAIM 4
    05 (NE) 01 "Frail State Of Mind" The 1975 5
    06 (01) 03 "Loved By You" Terror Jr 1 (1)
    07 (NE) 01 "Raising Hell" Kesha ft. Big Freedia 7
    08 (02) 03 "Demons" Hayley Kiyoko 1 (1) [G]
    09 (NE) 01 "Look At Her Now" Selena Gomez 9
    10 (RE) 07 "Sweet But Psycho" Ava Max 2 (1) [P]
    11 (27) 08 "Freaking Me Out" Ava Max 1 (2) [P]
    12 (14) 08 "February 2017" Charli XCX ft. Clairo & Yaeji 2 (2) [P]
    13 (09) 06 "Small Talk" Katy Perry 4 [G]
    14 (12) 02 "Make It Right" BTS ft. Lauv 12
    15 (NE) 01 "Someone You Loved" Lewis Capaldi 15
    16 (RE) 12 "Monster" Lady Gaga 2 (1) [P]
    17 (05) 04 "Debut" Allie X 1 (1) [G]
    18 (RE) 07 "Warm" Charli XCX ft. HAIM 1 (1) [G]
    19 (RE) 07 "Surrounded By Heads And Bodies" The 1975 1 (2) [P]
    20 (08) 02 "Flowers" DJ Spoony ft. Sugababes 8
    21 (RE) 07 "Sad Forever" Lauv 5 [G]
    22 (25) 13 "Never Really Over" Katy Perry 1 (3) [P]
    23 (04) 11 "I Wish" Hayley Kiyoko 1 (1) [P]
    24 (NE) 01 "Good As Hell (Remix)" Lizzo ft. Ariana Grande 24
    25 (RE) 03 "Antisocial" Ed Sheeran ft. Travis Scott 6
    26 (RE) 03 "Way To Break My Heart" Ed Sheeran ft. Skrillex 5
    27 (29) 10 "I Don't Care" Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber 2 (1) [P]
    28 (RE) 06 "Silver Cross" Charli XCX 11
    29 (16) 08 "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Taylor Swift 2 (2) [P]
    30 (11) 03 "Imperfections" Céline Dion 11

[GOLD]
    = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Legend
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

by » Sat November 2nd, 2019, 04:10

Ugh, I was so sure Demons would stay in your top five with Halloween this week. So sad it's already about to fall out of the top ten.

Gosh, it's so hard to believe it's been a year since Sweet But Psycho was first getting my notice. It really appears that's going to be it for Ava Max in the states - but now that I see SBP on your list with FMO - I'm thinking well, that's uninspired - back to the insanity well again, eh, Ava?

You have two songs that I posted threads for here - Good As Hell and Now I'm In It - the latter came up for me on youtube - I hadn't really listened to HAIM, but it had just premiered and I can't resist a good premiere, and now I think I need to take an L for not paying them attention before.

I love Selena's new song - what a wonderful #1. I'm seeing some early predictions for her to top the Hot 100 and I would be so excited for her if that's the case. Speaking of which, this week's #1 had an even slower move to your chart than mine. Is that it's first appearance?

Oh, and what's Selena's other #1?

See you around,

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Mon November 4th, 2019, 20:45

Ugh, I was so sure Demons would stay in your top five with Halloween this week. So sad it's already about to fall out of the top ten.
    **Hug** Sorry to let you (and Hayley) down My mind can work in random(ish) ways, and for some reason this year's Halloween hustle pushed me toward "Sweet But Psycho" and Gaga's "Monster." I was also in more of a ballad state of mind than usual last week thanks to Selena, The 1975, Lewis, etc.

Speaking of unpredictable mindsets: it's still hard for me to swallow that you gave "Freaking Me Out" a hard "PASS," since the lyrics are painfully perfect for your Halloween playlists!

You have two songs that I posted threads for here - Good As Hell and Now I'm In It - the latter came up for me on youtube - I hadn't really listened to HAIM, but it had just premiered and I can't resist a good premiere, and now I think I need to take an L for not paying them attention before.
    Same! I haven't dived into much of HAIM's catalog either, but their "Want You Back" was a sizable Paulboard hit a couple years ago, and they contributed to Charli's successful "Warm" this year.

I love Selena's new song - what a wonderful #1. I'm seeing some early predictions for her to top the Hot 100 and I would be so excited for her if that's the case. Speaking of which, this week's #1 had an even slower move to your chart than mine. Is that it's first appearance?

Oh, and what's Selena's other #1?
    Selena's officially scored a Hot 100 No. 1 now Amazing that she finally got there after 10+ years of charting, and with a song that doesn't really match what typically succeeds on streaming (though ballads have started making somewhat of a comeback this year). Ha, yeah - I added "Someone You Loved" to my library back in March, but the hype of it hitting No. 1 on the Hot 100 finally nudged it into heavier rotation (at least for a week).

Selena's other solo No. 1 was "Bad Liar." I count her output with The Scene separately, but they scored four together: "Naturally," "Who Says," "Love You Like A Love Song," and "Dices."

See you around, (video)
    Damn, now you've got me all hot-and-bothered (which is fitting for a phoenix) thinking about Daddy Pete...

Thanks again, CT!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Mon November 4th, 2019, 21:00

Paulboard Turns 10

The Paulboard Top 30, then awkwardly titled "Paulboard LastFM/iTunes Top 30," debuted on October 25, 2009 with The Saturdays's "Ego" as the inaugural No. 1. A new chart won't be posted this Friday due to travel plans, so here's a (slightly belated) commemorative post instead. Many thanks and much love for all the support over these 10+ years!

Most No. 1 Hits:
    21 = Taylor Swift
    18 = Ariana Grande
    17 = Carly Rae Jepsen
    10 = Kylie Minogue
    09 = Glee Cast, Lady Gaga, One Direction

Most Weeks at No. 1:
    07 = "Style" | Taylor Swift
    06 = "We Found Love" | Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
    04 = "All The Lovers" | Kylie Minogue, "Tug Of War" | Carly Rae Jepsen, "다이너마이트 (Dynamite)" | VIXX

Biggest Jump to No. 1:
    No. 27 ---> No. 1 = "It's My Life/Confessions Part II" | Glee Cast, "Tug Of War" | Carly Rae Jepsen (rebound), "Paris In The Rain" | Lauv

Longest Gap Between No. 1 Hits:
    02.05.12 = "Give Me All Your Luvin'" | Madonna ft. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
    05.17.19 = "Crave" | Madonna ft. Swae Lee

Most Top 10 Hits:
    74 = Taylor Swift
    58 = Carly Rae Jepsen, Kylie Minogue
    57 = Glee Cast
    53 = Mariah Carey
    49 = Ariana Grande

Most Weeks Overall:
    43 = "Style" | Taylor Swift [No. 1]
    38 = "All The Lovers" | Kylie Minogue [No. 1]
    36 = "We Found Love" | Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris [No. 1]
    35 = "Ours" | Taylor Swift [No. 1]
    32 = "Blank Space" | Taylor Swift [No. 1]

Legend
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

by » Fri November 8th, 2019, 05:24

Many congrats on 10 years!

I'm not at all surprised Taylor has the most chart-toppers; I am surprised by how close Ari and Carly are to her, though. Considering T-Swizzle's head start, the other two ladies must have accumulated their #1 hits at a faster rate...though there may be a hiatus I'm not factoring in that might've hurt Ms. Swift.

"Style" is a cool 'most weeks at #1'/'longest charting hit' track to have. Its chorus is so much fun to sing. Tay's enunciation >>>

But, yes, you've done a great job with this the past decade. I feel like the past few years you've really stepped out of your comfort zone with the tracks you chart (i.e. you now chart folks no one knows...serving indie music fan realness) and while I don't like them all, you've always (well since mid-2010 anyway) had an avid viewer in me. Thanks for introducing me to so much awesome music over the years, and being an ever-present, ever-positive, ever-innuendo-laden source of epicness for the 2010s, for UKMix, and, more specifically, me.
    You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, it’s not an option.

Legend
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

by » Yesterday, 20:09

Speaking of unpredictable mindsets: it's still hard for me to swallow that you gave "Freaking Me Out" a hard "PASS," since the lyrics are painfully perfect for your Halloween playlists!
    Yeah, it was never close to even denting my chart. I preferred Torn so much more! Hopefully, Ava can turn it around with whatever she releases next.

Selena's officially scored a Hot 100 No. 1 now Amazing that she finally got there after 10+ years of charting, and with a song that doesn't really match what typically succeeds on streaming (though ballads have started making somewhat of a comeback this year).

Selena's other solo No. 1 was "Bad Liar." I count her output with The Scene separately, but they scored four together: "Naturally," "Who Says," "Love You Like A Love Song," and "Dices."
    She waited such a long time for that #1, though now I see it's already down to #5 - what a weird run it is having. I love Bad Liar! I thought that was such a clever song and video and it was just paid dust - like how was that not streamed to death but her ballad was? I'm completely perplexed.

Legend
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

by » Yesterday, 20:12

Paulboard Turns 10
    WOW, and one day after Bad Romance was released. I'd like to think you heard Bad Romance on its release date and was like, I MUST CHART THAT, and created Paulboard the very next day. You don't have to counter that; I know that's exactly what happened. I've already determined it in my mind. Sure. Ego was toppled by her the following week. ;)

Oh and Congrats!