User Tag List

Page 1068 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 685689681018105810661067106810691070 ... LastLast
Results 26,676 to 26,700 of 26795

Thread: Britney Spears

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-01-19, 23:11

Quote Originally Posted by menime123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewokguy15
    Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfLove
    I think I read that she starts recording when she’s starting the shows as well. So she may add new songs to the later dates, not the first ones.

Is this true?
    That's what people are saying.

Her not having new music to perform when the tour starts is seriously gonna hurt it, she should be starting this on the back of something!

It’s not a tour.
    Take out the word tour and put in residency. That's what I mean't.

Legend
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-01-19, 23:23

Quote Originally Posted by Westen
    Was Right Now every released officially somewhere?
    Quoting so it doesn't get lost. I need my answer

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-01-19, 03:47

Was Right Now every released officially somewhere?
    Quoting so it doesn't get lost. I need my answer
    I assume you mean "Right Now (Taste The Victory)" from the Pepsi Commercial right? ..... It had a promo CD by Pepsi but the closest it got from a release inside of Britney's official discography was when a montage of the making of "Right Now (taste the victory)" with the full song playing was included in a bonus DVD from the "Britney" album special edition ... so it's considered to be part of the "Britney" era.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 02:19

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    Well it's not like I invented that, there's lots of articles out there (including from Billboard or Forbes) recognizing Britney's impact in the Vegas scene.

I do think Britney (even though she's in her late 30s) has a "relative" young demographic audience, people who like Britney were probably kids when she debuted and grew up with her which means most of her fans are not even 30 years old yet. I don't believe that adult audiences (over 40 and 50 people) listens to, cares about or even check Britney at all. Her type of music doesn't help to attract older audiences either as she's a Popstar with danceable songs.

I understand Vegas has been explored before successfully but I feel it was conquered by a more adult contemporary demographic, Celine Dion may have been 33 when she took Vegas but her music was oriented to adult and mature audiences not MTV teenagers (in fact I would say her demographic is opposite to Britney's), very legendary artists like Elton John, Elvis Presley, Rod Stewart. or Country stars would pull successful Vegas shows targeted and oriented to adult audiences.

The idea / thought of having an MTV / TRL Popstar and Icon of the millenial audiences in Vegas was unthinkable tho and you know this is very true, there was no artist with the demographic and style of Britney in Vegas before and this was evidenced by the strong reaction and backlash she faced when she accepted to do this, people said she was crazy for doing this.

Do I think J.Lo and Lady Gaga would have done Vegas shows before Britney? My answer is absolutely no . . . Somehow I feel Britney was "the experiment" and people would observe if her Vegas gig would be a crash and burn choice or a viable lucrative project, when people saw it worked it opened doors to other demographics. It's undeniable that since Britney signed Vegas there has been a lot of "movement" recently in that place and we're suddenly seeing artists (who you never heard in the past expressing anything for Vegas) joining.

And let's not act like it's meaningless, Jennifer Lopez has 84 million followers on Instagram and remains one of the highest paid celebrities in the world and Lady Gaga is hotter than Britney in the current scene who's on track of a possible Oscar win. Those are two huge superstars and industry names that got in there after Britney proved a show in there could be viable for more "modern" artists.
    I'd really recommend reading this article by Pollstar. It puts into perspective the huge financial risk attached to doing this show. Not only, as you mentioned, where we dealing with marketing this show to an audience that was not your usual Vegas crowd but it was at a venue that was not well known. I believe before Britney it was only Justin Timberlake who had performed there for a few one-off, intimate shows. Caesars Palace was the place to be in Vegas for musicians prior to Britney's arrival in Planet Hollywood. That was the venue used by Celine, Cher, Bette Midler, Elton, Shania etc. They invested well over $20m in renovating The Axis. I don't think the Backstreet Boys or J.Lo could have convinced Caesars Entertainment to invest such a huge sum of money into revamping a theater. Britney's name and legacy, however, could have that effect, in my opinion. So the success of this show is not a small achievement by any means.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 17:16

She did the right thing, family comes always first, she doesn’t have to prove anything. Her fans will wait
    BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 17:22

I was not expecting such a personal note from her. I felt like this was truly her through Instagram this time.

It’s the right decision. She can shelve Domination. Or make it a world tour instead later on. I guess we won’t expect much from her this year.

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 17:52

Apparently Britney's father is severely ill and having a bad time (cancer?) ...

britneyspears
    I don’t even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say. I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart. However, it’s important to always put your family first… and that’s the decision I had to make. A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We’re all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time. I hope you all can understand. More information on ticket refunds is available on britneyspears.com. I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time. Thank you, and love you all… always

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsOGMGIAXLe/

---

I don't expect Britney doing anything this year (music included).
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-01-19, 20:43

family first always!

I respect Britney' s decision. very honorable
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 04:53

I guess this is why she also didn't post as much in her Instagram after Christmas.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 07:26

Great decision to be with family instead.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 09:06

Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy
    family first always!

I respect Britney' s decision. very honorable
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-01-19, 19:58

Justin Tranter is officially B10's executive producer!

Variety has learned that hitmaker Justin Tranter (Imagine Dragons, Selena Gomez) serves as executive producer on Spears’ next full-length release for RCA Records, her tenth studio effort over a career that spans two decades (her last album was “Glory” in 2016, on which Tranter had four writing credits). Tranter acknowledges that he is working on the album, telling Variety, “I’m beyond excited to be involved,” but declines to speculate on a possible release date or whether it will come out in 2019.
    Spears’ manager, Larry Rudolph, says, “Everything is on hold right now until Jamie is better. But once he is, she will resume working on the album with Justin. Right now, she’s taking some time off to deal with these family issues”
    https://variety.com/2019/music/news/bri ... 203104215/

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 02:15

Up until she starts going to the studio then we can find out who really is in her team for the next album.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 02:29

She’s been in the studio for years. Justin Tranter is already confirmed both by Larry and Justin himself.

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 02:59

"...Baby One More Time" was released 20 (!!!) years ago today!

...Baby One More Time is the debut studio album by American singer Britney Spears. It was released on January 12, 1999 through Jive Records.In June 1997, while Spears negotiated with manager Lou Pearlman to join female pop group Innosense, her mother asked family friend and entertainment lawyer Larry Rudolph for his opinion and submitted a tape of Spears singing over a Whitney Houston karaoke song. Rudolph decided to pitch her to record labels, sending them a demo tape with an unused song from Toni Braxton. Jive was interested and appointed the singer to work with producer Eric Foster White. After hearing the recorded material, Jive signed Spears to a multi-album deal.
    -Debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 121,000 copies
    -Topped the Billboard 200 for 6 non-consecutive weeks
    -23,725,000 copies sold worldwide
    -10th best-selling female album of all time (worldwide)
    -Made Britney the youngest female in Billboard history to have a simultaneous single and album at number one in the same week
    -Best-selling album by a teenage solo artist
    -Peaked at #1 in 7 countries (Austria, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Greece, Switzerland, US)
    -Spawed two #1 hits in the UK ("...Baby One More Time", "Born to Make You Happy")
    -Spawed four global hits ("...Baby One More Time, "Sometimes, "(You Drive Me) Crazy", "Born to Make You Happy")
    -10th highest certified album of the 1990s decade, 4th by a female artist (14x Platinum)
    -Sold over 1 million copies in the US, UK and Canada
    -Sold over half a million copies in France, Germany, and Japan
    "...Baby One More Time" was the best-selling single of 1999 in the UK and Belgium
    -"...Baby One More Time" sold over 36,700,000 records worldwide
    -NPR included the album on their "150 Greatest Albums Made By Women" list in 2017

The album has over 1,000,000,000 streams across all streaming platforms!

Happy 20th anniversary to this iconic album that launched the career of one of the best-selling artists of all time and changed the face of pop music forever!

Such a feel good, underrated album

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 03:08

I'll Never Stop Loving You always makes me thankful I didn't live in America when the album came out. Shame they never had that song.

Stunning STUNNING song <3

And Autumn Goodbye still kicks a$$
    "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
    - Time

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 02:17

Quote Originally Posted by dhenapie
    I'll Never Stop Loving You always makes me thankful I didn't live in America when the album came out. Shame they never had that song.

Stunning STUNNING song <3

And Autumn Goodbye still kicks a$$
    I LOVE Autumn Goodbye. And the b-sides to this album are so good, especially I'm So Curious which she co wrote.

Legend
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 02:33

We all know how insanely epic the title track is, but "I Will Be There" is so sweet and adorable.
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 13:03

Happy Anniversary to one of the most iconic pop albums of all time!

There are 3 killer singles in this album ("Baby One More Time", "You Dirve Me Crazy" and "Born To Make You Happy") and some stunning album cuts (such as "I Will Be There", "Deep In My Heart" and "Autumn Goodbye").

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 13:51

I have a lot more affection for it now than I ever had for it before, but her first album is easily my least favourite.
    NO MEN IN ME.