Page 2 of 394 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Céline Dion

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 02:41

Whatever she decides, she has the fanbase to sell well. However, I think a Guetta album is WAY too risky. Stick to what your good at Celine, and churn out the ballads that brought you your billion $ voice.

One Guetta collab is good. An entire album is NOT.

PS, did I tell you that I'm probably the most excited I've been since she announced her TC album

GO CELINE!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 04:41

Quote Originally Posted by CSCfan
    According to David Guetta (in a Belgian newspaper), he has produced a song for Céline called "Webcam"..

It's Celine's 'Touch Of My Hand'... in front of a webcam!

I'd rather CeCe stick to the ballads and not change direction too much - Ana did that and now she's giving out paper bags at Tescos.
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 10:23

Can't wait! Taking Chances had amazing song

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:26

A dance track or 2 couldn't hurt.
    Hopefully it'll do for her what "Believe" did for Cher.
    I'll be happy with anything she brings.
    I love me some Dion.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:43

As Sambo said, harking back to her A New Day Has Come era will surely be a formula for success. She topped the charts in loads of countries, shipped close to 10m copies of her album, and produced her best ever album in my opinion (and also my favourite album of all-time by any artist).

That record has dance, power ballads, jazz, r&b (by Celine's standards! ), pop < everything. Its just a flawless record - maybe too flawless.

To those that haven't heard dance Celine, I suggest looking beyond I Drove All Night and listening to Sorry For Love! Its one of the best songs of this decade - how it wasn't a single, I don't know. Her vocals are spine tinglingly brilliant.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 21:47

OMG!!! cannot wait!!! muchos love for Celine!!!, i would not mind another taking chances, but i miss her style from falling into you, lets talk about love, and new day has come. Even one heart has some amazing tracks like naked and stand by your side now. As its released in summer, would that be an indication of the feel or style of the album???. Plus doesn't celine normally release albums round winter time???

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 22:04

Celine began recording Taking Chances around the time of year that this album will be released; only Taking Chances from this decade has been the album to debut in the final quarter - her others are traditional mid year releases. She'll sell well - she'll hopefully do Whitney numbers. Celine is the original AC Queen, and already has a dedicated fan base. I anticipate a 150-250k opening week, subject to lots of promotion. And a Gold certification in the US. Depending on the week, she might just get her next number one album in the USA, which would be amazing. I can't wait to see her Canadian numbers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 23:11

if only pop radio would play her singles!

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 23:24

Aw yes, I know. AC are the only format that plays her singles now

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 23:46

Love that she's bringing out a new album this year. Im dying for another big ballad from her cuz boy can she still deliver them!!
    Beyhive #5491

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 7th, 2010, 23:57

I'm wondering which song she'll cover this time! Her version of "Alone" was flawless.

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 8th, 2010, 00:04

Mariah did I Want To Know What Love Is, turned it on its head and created a masterful version (its split people, in terms of opinion, but I think Mariah's version is outstanding). I hope Celine takes on a big ballad too! I can't imagine what she would have done with I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, had she decided not to decline it in 1998 :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 8th, 2010, 21:21

bump,i hope it does as well as taking chances, considering it did not have a hit single

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 8th, 2010, 21:26

Her albums always sell in quite huge quantities due to her hugely loyal fanbase. 2m copies WW (which would rank her in the top 20 albums of the year) would be a good result for her. Although with Guetta on board, maybe she might have a huge single and an average selling album?

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 8th, 2010, 21:28

Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne
    ...I can't imagine what she would have done with I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, had she decided not to decline it in 1998 :(
    What?! Celine declined it for Let's Talk About Love?

The woman is mad, I tells you!
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 9th, 2010, 05:14

I'm really hoping Celine goes for a more up-tempo sound this time as im getting a big sick of the all ballads Celine!

Plus if she actually stayed in the UK for a while this time rather than popping by for a few days then buggering back off!!!

Promotion Celine - Promotion.

And some decent videos wouldn't go a miss!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 9th, 2010, 13:44

Quote Originally Posted by col89
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne
    ...I can't imagine what she would have done with I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, had she decided not to decline it in 1998 :(
    What?! Celine declined it for Let's Talk About Love?

The woman is mad, I tells you!
    Can you imagine what she could've done with that song? Her HUGE vocals soaring over it. Incidentally, there's a whole host of songs that she put vocals too during that era, some of which have leaked, but didn't make it to the final. My favourite of which is Is Nothing Sacred Anymore. Bearing in mind that this wouldn't have been the final recording, and essentially is just a demo, I think its one of her best ever vocal performances. LTAL could've been so much better =(

ANYWAY, new album Celine and a Webcam :-?

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon January 11th, 2010, 11:55

En 2009, Céline Dion s'était reposée... l'année 2010 est déjà entamée et risque de causer bien du travail pour notre chanteuse canadienne.

Un album tout d'abord, prévu pour la prochaine période estivale et emmené par le single Webcam produit par un certain David Guetta. Décidément, le DJ français est partout même où on ne l'attend pas !

Une éventuelle tournée ensuite avec plusieurs dates supplémentaires à Las Vegas. Pensez à acheter vos billets rapidos, il risque de partir comme des petits pains !

Et enfin, un docu à la This Is It où l'on pourra suivre notre Céline en tournée et en coulisses. Through The Eyes Of The World devrait voir le jour dès le Printemps 2010. On vous l'avait dit qu'elle n'aurait pas un moment à elle !
    TRANSLATION:

In 2009, Celine Dion had rested ... year 2010 is underway and likely to cause much work for our Canadian singer.

A first album, scheduled for next summer and led by the single webcam produced by a certain David Guetta. Certainly, the French DJ is everywhere even where we do not expect it!

A possible tour then with several additional dates in Las Vegas. Consider buying your tickets rapidos, it might go like hotcakes!

And finally, a document to the This Is It, where we can follow our tour and Celine backstage. Through The Eyes Of The World should come from the Spring 2010. We told you it would not have a moment to herself!
    LINK

DIVA'S GETTING SOME SERIOUS MONEY IN 2010! Come back to the UK Celine!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon January 25th, 2010, 19:57

Apparently, producer Lee Monteverde has just finished working for Celine's new album.

I'll be working with Lee Monteverdi on the next trip to Manchester in February, he'll be making the tracks even more commercial, he's just finished working on Celine Dion's last album so it be interesting to see what he'll bring to the project.
    http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/ente...l/article.html

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 26th, 2010, 02:35

I recognise the name. All I know is that I just want Celine balladry, ala A New Day Has Come!

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 26th, 2010, 11:30

What little discussion Btw, proof that Celine can still pull off All By Myself 100% live (6:05 in). Also proof that Sony has been dubbing her performances!!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 26th, 2010, 22:47

According to David Guetta (in a Belgian newspaper), he has produced a song for Céline called "Webcam"..
    FALSE!
    David Guetta said tonight that it's a rumor.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 27th, 2010, 08:21

Quote Originally Posted by Niko45
    FALSE!
    David Guetta said tonight that it's a rumor.
    Thank goodness. I really think that would be such a mistake for Celine.

Like many others said, she should stick with what she's amazing at singing: ballads.

Legend
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 27th, 2010, 13:29

Hey Celine Dion Fans!

Celine is coming back to the Oprah Show! Are you Celine?s biggest fan? Have you followed her career since her 1990s breakthrough making her one of the most successful artists in Pop Music History? What is your favorite Celine Dion song? What impact has her music had on your life? Are you excited about her upcoming Concert Documentary ?Through The Eyes of the World?? If you are Celine?s biggest fan and can attend a taping on February 3, 2010 from 11am until 2pm, e-mail us NOW and tell us why you should be a member of this audience!