User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think of Madonna's collaboration with Maluma - Medellín?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

    27 40.30%
  • Loathe it!

    18 26.87%
  • It's growing on me!

    22 32.84%
Page 2654 of 3159 FirstFirst ... 16542154255426042644265226532654265526562664270427543154 ... LastLast
Results 66,326 to 66,350 of 78958

Thread: Madonna

  1. #66326
    CandyShop's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,626
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 08:55

    I agree to a certain extent with Spiritboy about AL, not that it’s her worst song ever, but one of her worst lead single, yes it is!

  2. #66327
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Jan 2004
    Posts
    44,411
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 09:59

    I think AL the song would've gone over better if not for the uber-neoconservatism of the Bush years. Yea, it's bad with Trump but Trump isn't half as popular as Bush was in the wake of 9-11.

  3. #66328
    Erotica's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Mar 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,916
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 10:07

    For me it's not among her best singles too. The other American Life singles were stronger in my opinion.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

  4. #66329
    CandyShop's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,626
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 10:25

    AL remains for me her lowest point , commercially speaking, even Erotica didn’t cause such backlash!!

    The way she re emerged with Confession was EPIC, though!!

  5. #66330
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Mar 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    61,970
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 10:26

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Happy 15, American Life. Iconic single, even if for all the wrong reasons. Can't wait for the album's anniversary this upcoming week.
    15 years? Wow, time flies!

  6. #66331
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,750
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

  7. #66332
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    26,178
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 11:31

    Wish they've streamed Madonna's Coachella performance back then :(
    Cha Cha Instructor

  8. #66333
    menime123's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 May 2005
    Posts
    17,329
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 13:13

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Wish they've streamed Madonna's Coachella performance back then :(

    Madonna needs to headline it. I can’t believe she’s never headlined a festival so far into her career.
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

  9. #66334
    grooveboy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    01 Feb 2005
    Location
    Somewhere I DON'T belong
    Posts
    8,543
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 13:32

    American Life <3

    First Madonna era I witnessed as a fan. Such a rough start

  10. #66335
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,864
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 15:38

    Quote Originally Posted by beredy
    #JusticeForAmericanLifeTheAlbum
    One day it will be rightfully hailed as the masterpiece that it is. You'll see.

  11. #66336
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,448
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 16:08

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshie
    Quote Originally Posted by beredy
    #JusticeForAmericanLifeTheAlbum
    One day it will be rightfully hailed as the masterpiece that it is. You'll see.
    Probably after she dies and then it will be too late. I really feel it's one of her favorite album and that she's been really disappointed in the way it was received.
    B. get off my pole!

  12. #66337
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Jan 2004
    Posts
    44,411
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 16:35

    Quote Originally Posted by CandyShop
    AL remains for me her lowest point , commercially speaking, even Erotica didn’t cause such backlash!!

    The way she re emerged with Confession was EPIC, though!!
    i'd say MDNA and Rebel Heart had worse chart runs than AL did.

  13. #66338
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Jan 2004
    Posts
    44,411
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 16:36

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Wish they've streamed Madonna's Coachella performance back then :(
    One of my best friends actually went to see her at Coachella in 2006. He told me how he and some friends camped there early and sat through artists they don't care for just so they could secure a good spot to watch Madonna.

    Sad thing is that roadies for some of the other artists would yell "f****ts" at him and his friends for waiting for Madonna. Ironic how so much has changed in over a decade.

  14. #66339
    CandyShop's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,626
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 17:13

    Quote Originally Posted by CandyShop
    I m starting to lose hope to listen to new music from her this year.
    I guess I have to take my words back....



  15. #66340

  16. #66341
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Jan 2004
    Posts
    44,411
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-18, 18:18

    Despite their beef, its not really a surprise that Gaga likes Madonna's music. Kind of hard to be in that genre and from that generation and not at least love a dozen of her songs.

  17. #66342
    BodyShop's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    25 Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-04-18, 15:58

    I'm not myself when you're around
    I'm not myself standing in a crowd
    I'm not myself and I don't know how
    I'm not myself, myself right now

    Jesus Christ will you look at me
    Don't know who I'm supposed to be
    Don't really know if I should give a damn
    When you're around, I don't know who I am

    I'm not myself when you go quiet
    I'm not myself alone at night
    I'm not myself, don't know who to call
    I'm not myself at all

    I always wished that I could find someone as beautiful as you
    But in the process I forgot that I was special too
    Praise it !
    "Slow Down ,Papi"

  18. #66343
    jjavier1978's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Nov 2012
    Location
    RD
    Posts
    14,213
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

  19. #66344
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    14,249
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-04-18, 20:06

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyShop
    I'm not myself when you're around
    I'm not myself standing in a crowd
    I'm not myself and I don't know how
    I'm not myself, myself right now

    Jesus Christ will you look at me
    Don't know who I'm supposed to be
    Don't really know if I should give a damn
    When you're around, I don't know who I am

    I'm not myself when you go quiet
    I'm not myself alone at night
    I'm not myself, don't know who to call
    I'm not myself at all

    I always wished that I could find someone as beautiful as you
    But in the process I forgot that I was special too
    Praise it !
    One of my favorites.
    My personal chart And Madonna enters... at #... - Click here

  20. #66345
    jjavier1978's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Nov 2012
    Location
    RD
    Posts
    14,213
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

  21. #66346
    BodyShop's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    25 Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-04-18, 21:06

    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyShop
    I'm not myself when you're around
    I'm not myself standing in a crowd
    I'm not myself and I don't know how
    I'm not myself, myself right now

    Jesus Christ will you look at me
    Don't know who I'm supposed to be
    Don't really know if I should give a damn
    When you're around, I don't know who I am

    I'm not myself when you go quiet
    I'm not myself alone at night
    I'm not myself, don't know who to call
    I'm not myself at all

    I always wished that I could find someone as beautiful as you
    But in the process I forgot that I was special too
    Praise it !
    One of my favorites.
    Mine as well
    If there's anything like a 'trinity' regarding best AL songs,that'd be X-Static Process, Easy Ride and Intervention ,for me.
    Although I also love Nothing Fails and Nobody Knows Me.
    I've also grown to love I'm So Stupid a song that I used to hate until very recently.
    I still can't stand Mother & Father though. It sounds so unnecessary and stupid,poorly made in every sense.
    "Slow Down ,Papi"

  22. #66347
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    14,249
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-04-18, 21:13

    X-Static Process is a favorite of mine along with Intervention, Nothing Fails and Love Profusion.

    I also like Hollywood, American Life and Mother & Father a lot. Mother & Father has great lyrics and is very catchy IMO.

    I'm So Stupid is a song I didn't like that much, but nowadays I just skip it completely. It's not for me.
    My personal chart And Madonna enters... at #... - Click here

  23. #66348
    Yoshie's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jan 2006
    Posts
    23,864
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-04-18, 21:43

    Nothing Fails
    Intervention
    Hollywood
    X-Static Process
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

  24. #66349
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,448
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-04-18, 21:47

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyShop
    Mine as well
    If there's anything like a 'trinity' regarding best AL songs,that'd be X-Static Process, Easy Ride and Intervention ,for me.
    Although I also love Nothing Fails and Nobody Knows Me.
    I've also grown to love I'm So Stupid a song that I used to hate until very recently.
    I still can't stand Mother & Father though. It sounds so unnecessary and stupid,poorly made in every sense.
    But live version of Mother and Father is everything and more
    B. get off my pole!

  25. #66350
    BodyShop's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    25 Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-04-18, 21:48

    ^i think that like all Madonna's live versions,it does elevate the song.
    Still shitty for me though
    "Slow Down ,Papi"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •