User Tag List

View Poll Results: Top 5 Favourite Re-Invention Tour Performances?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vogue

22 66.67%
  • Nobody Knows Me

19 57.58%
  • Frozen

7 21.21%
  • American Life

11 33.33%
  • Express Yourself

4 12.12%
  • Burning Up

2 6.06%
  • Material Girl

2 6.06%
  • Hanky Panky

8 24.24%
  • Deeper & Deeper

3 9.09%
  • Die Another Day

6 18.18%
  • Lament

10 30.30%
  • Nothing Fails

9 27.27%
  • Don’t Tell Me

5 15.15%
  • Like a Prayer

5 15.15%
  • Mother & Father

9 27.27%
  • Imagine

0 0%
  • Into The Groove

13 39.39%
  • Papa Don’t Preach

6 18.18%
  • Crazy For You

5 15.15%
  • Music

6 18.18%
  • Holiday

6 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3325 of 3361 FirstFirst ... 23252825322532753315332333243325332633273335 ... LastLast
Results 83,101 to 83,125 of 84005

Thread: Madonna

Superstar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 23:00

@menime123 who moderates when a moderator writes nonsense (like you)?
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Superstar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 23:02

Got to agree about the dolls they are creepy. Remember when M was on Graham Norton the last time back in 2012 they had those doll makers, she didn't look too impressed They had gone to a lot of effort though.

It's probably in my Top 3 songs of hers, depending on my mood ... Live To Tell, Express Yourself and Frozen (although to be honest choosing 3 is pretty impossible) . I think a bit like Dark Ballet it works best with the video. That workshop post is what made me wish I was going to the tour. I'll have to stream it on Apple
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Legend
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 23:09

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    You and @Madgefan should be the Madonna moderators
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 23:23

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    The administrators

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 23:44

So I caved and listened to the album, arrrgggh.
    I don't feel so bad considering I have a box set, pride Vinyl, CD and download coming, not to mention over £1000 on tickets for London show.

This album is gonna divide so many people. All the Madonna fans who want a fun dance album, this isn't it. It's theatrical, experimental and often bleak, these however are this albums strengths. We won't get another like this, she will go back to what she does best the older she gets, but thank god we got this. I would say it's like if American Life and Ray of Light went traveling. It's musical composition is wordly, a traditional instrument (s) are married to the future. Much of the time it works, sometimes it does not.

Medellin is by far the most fun, still such a strong summer song that has such a beautiful breeze to it. This is one of the most commercial ones on the album and it makes perfect sense that this was the lead single. 9/10

Dark Ballet is a beautiful deconstruction of Ballet and Anguish with a cool beat for the opening versus. Very experimental. It's a visual piece of Art, the video and audio combined are perfection, alone, it still works but loses some power. 8/10

God Control, I really like this one, it's crazy to put such a message to a disco beat, but it works, as does the stirring opening that makes it sound like she's singing through gritted teeth, I think that's the point of it, it's urgent whilst light, it's dark but bathed in disco beats 8/10

Future, a nice idea, some interesting lyrics but it's kinda just meh. It works better in the context of the album, still feels a bit basic. 6/10

Batuka, More a beautiful chant and call to arms than a song, it has a real sense of freedom to it rather than over produced. It's interesting, not a stand out, but she's taking chances (as she is on much of this album) and that's something I love. 7/10

Killers who are Partying is by far the worst song on the album. The lyrics are too preachy and the song goes nowhere. It's a slow to midtempo song, the title is very misleading. She clearly has something to say but it comes across lazy. 5/10

Crave, another stand out, beautiful production, vocal and some great lyrics. This feels made for the charts of 2019. Very good song. 9/10

Crazy, Midtempo bop, I really like this one, it's fun. Love the use of the instruments in this. This is another pretty commercial one. Good lyrics in this one.
    8/10

Come Alive, this is one of my standouts, I have this on repeat. It's very catchy, great use of vocals, choir and a catchy hook. Very breezy again, love the castanets in it. 9/10

Extreme Occident, hmmm it has some interesting moments in this song, especially the strings. It doesn't all together work, it's fine. 6/10

Faz Gostoso. This one is great fun, this for sure makes you want to dance, but it still works in the darkness of this album. It's also very catchy. 8/10

Bitch I'm Loco. I prayed this would not be another Bitch I'm Madonna, it's not. It's still a lot of fun, Muluma and Madonna team up great again, summer fun, this could be a single. 8/10

I Don't Search I Find. The song opens with the line 'finally enough love' the song then gives us retro 90s mixed with modern production. Pretty interesting dance song. I could see this getting played in the gay clubs. It's not a campy dance song, it's more like a Ray of Light album dance song. Her spoken parts on this are great. 9/10

Looking for Mercy. Another stand out for me. This one has also been on repeat. It's Madonna asking questions as she looks to God for guidance. It's a really good song, the hook is beautiful. This will be great live. 9/10

I Rise. A perfect closer to this album, after going on this dark journey with her it feels right to end it optimistically. A strong ballad with a catchy hook. Very commercial. 9/10

All in all, I really like this album, even the parts that don't work. It works because it's always interesting, it feels like one voice, she has worked great with her producers here. Yes the vocal distortion can be annoying on a couple of tracks, that's Miriwais for you, I don't feel like it gets in the way much, and we do still get to hear her sing without it. We have been asking for years for her to get back to creating art rather than chasing the charts. She has delivered on that. This is for music lovers, production lovers and Madonna fans , it's also a good insight in to how she's feeling at the moment, and that's disappointed but hanging on to optimism. Not everybody will love it, and that's fine, that's why she's the queen, she's at her best when she's most divisive. 8/10

Legend
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 23:49

Hey @CraigMancs thanks for sharing that non-overpraising and honest review.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Superstar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 23:58

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMancs View Post
    So I caved and listened to the album, arrrgggh.
    I don't feel so bad considering I have a box set, pride Vinyl, CD and download coming, not to mention over £1000 on tickets for London show.

This album is gonna divide so many people. All the Madonna fans who want a fun dance album, this isn't it. It's theatrical, experimental and often bleak, these however are this albums strengths. We won't get another like this, she will go back to what she does best the older she gets, but thank god we got this. I would say it's like if American Life and Ray of Light went traveling. It's musical composition is wordly, a traditional instrument (s) are married to the future. Much of the time it works, sometimes it does not.

I didn't see the part about you listening to the whole album .. OK ? (covers eyes)

Now that does excite me. I'm not here for a dance album. I was hoping something like American Life. Theatrical, experimental and often bleak .... that's music to my ears
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 00:06

Madgefan, then this should suit you perfectly. It for sure takes a few listens to take it all in, I'm looking forward to my CD etc arriving so I can listen to it High Quality. I would say though, listen to every track in order, even the ones you have heard already, this is for sure an album where song placement counts.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 00:10

Thanks for the review CraigMancs! Really excited to listen to the album Her new stories on Instagram make me think she recorded some of the TV interviews today?

Also, question! Does anyone know when the Madonna.com shop will ship orders? I ordered a bunch of stuff a while ago, and I was wondering if I'll get it on the day of the album release. They don't have a FAQ or shipping info available. So unprofessional.
    .:JUANito:.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 03:46

This is the album of the year without question.

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 04:25

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Looking for Mercy is superb.
    agree
    Forever Young

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by CandyShop; Wed June 12th, 2019 at 09:26.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 09:25

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    This is the album of the year without question.
    Omg .....

But again what a nightmare for me scrolling the pages trying to avoid spoiler about the album

Tough life for those who wait......14 June damn, where are u ?????

I’m fuming.....

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 09:26

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Hey @CraigMancs thanks for sharing that non-overpraising and honest review.
    Yes leave blindness and overpraising rules the Britney thread lol

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 09:31

Btw I wouldn’t want to seems too superficial but the only flaw of this era still remains to me, that awful eye patch...... It gets on my nerves, and in a way kinda ruins her face, which is perfect in this era imo
    I m afraid she ll weare it on tour as well ..... urgh....

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 09:52

Quote Originally Posted by CandyShop View Post
    Btw I wouldn’t want to seems too superficial but the only flaw of this era still remains to me, that awful eye patch...... It gets on my nerves, and in a way kinda ruins her face, which is perfect in this era imo
    I m afraid she ll weare it on tour as well ..... urgh....
    I having been praying to God it is gone by then.
    Last edited by jules25; Wed June 12th, 2019 at 12:19. Reason: grammar error
    Why reach for the Moon when we have the Stars.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 09:58

I hope she wears the eyepatch until the era ends. And lifts it out of retirement from time to time after that.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 10:00

Eye patch is here to stay

Remember when she fell at Brit Awards we all thought the cape would be gone? And she toured with it
    Cha Cha Instructor

Roadie
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 10:18

Another review if anyone's interested. It's a 3-star one again. Annoying that most of the big newspapers/websites are going for 3 stars, while tabloids like The Sun are giving it rave reviews. Oh well!

"Madonna review, Madame X: An intriguing, often brilliant, occasionally awful album"

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8953221.html
    .:JUANito:.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 10:18

The eye patch is literally the visual identity of this era...
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Roadie
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 10:51

Thx to those who wished me luck...I got third row seats to An Audience with Madonna tomorrow night and made arrangements to be there! So exited! What an era, what an effing amazing era...

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 12:45

Fantastic article about how Vogue influenced Pose season 2. It was too long to post.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...shape-season-2
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 12:46

I don't mind the eye patch, it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimshakes View Post
    Thx to those who wished me luck...I got third row seats to An Audience with Madonna tomorrow night and made arrangements to be there! So exited! What an era, what an effing amazing era...
    Amazing!, good luck.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 13:58

Quote Originally Posted by madfan13 View Post
    Thanks for the review CraigMancs! Really excited to listen to the album Her new stories on Instagram make me think she recorded some of the TV interviews today?

Also, question! Does anyone know when the Madonna.com shop will ship orders? I ordered a bunch of stuff a while ago, and I was wondering if I'll get it on the day of the album release. They don't have a FAQ or shipping info available. So unprofessional.
    Well I received an email today saying that my order had been shipped. Hoping it's here for Friday!
    You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
    I'd rather be a comma than a full stop