User Tag List

View Poll Results: Top 5 Favourite Re-Invention Tour Performances?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vogue

    22 66.67%
  • Nobody Knows Me

    19 57.58%
  • Frozen

    7 21.21%
  • American Life

    11 33.33%
  • Express Yourself

    4 12.12%
  • Burning Up

    2 6.06%
  • Material Girl

    2 6.06%
  • Hanky Panky

    8 24.24%
  • Deeper & Deeper

    3 9.09%
  • Die Another Day

    6 18.18%
  • Lament

    10 30.30%
  • Nothing Fails

    9 27.27%
  • Don’t Tell Me

    5 15.15%
  • Like a Prayer

    5 15.15%
  • Mother & Father

    9 27.27%
  • Imagine

    0 0%
  • Into The Groove

    13 39.39%
  • Papa Don’t Preach

    6 18.18%
  • Crazy For You

    5 15.15%
  • Music

    6 18.18%
  • Holiday

    6 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3280 of 3336 FirstFirst ... 228027803180323032703278327932803281328232903330 ... LastLast
Results 81,976 to 82,000 of 83398

Thread: Madonna

  1. #81976
    CandyShop's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 10:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
    This thread kinda reminds me of the glorious Velvetgoldmine.it forum circa 2004, after Bowie’s sudden retirement from touring due to his heart stroke during his Reality tour.
    Pages and pages about how bad the Reality album was, how tired and uninspired he was, Personal threats, argues, bullying.
    Well, we had to wait TEN years before listening to new music from David, and after just three years it happened what it happened.

    WHO KNOWS why she chose to perform in theatres, who knows why her voice is so overproduced, and why she’s so out of breath?
    I am not saying she’s ill, only that, in David’s case, none of us posting in that forum would have imagined how things would shape from 2004 on.
    Post like this makes me think about it

    Fans in general can be so ungrateful!

  2. #81977
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    27,153
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 10:25

    Quote Originally Posted by hun View Post
    Rather than simply moving on, I think a lot of people strongly dislike her which is why she gets so much hate. The UK moved on from Janet years ago but they don’t hate her, which is why there’s no negativity surrounding her. But lots of people want Maddy to fail and hate her.
    I think lots of things contribute to this hate. She has always been shady towards other female artists and fans of other female artists tend to hold a grudge. She was bitchy in some interviews, her fans like this but GP didn't. She made a lot of enemies from younger generation by calling Gaga reductive, which was unnecessary. She's so caught up with ageism, she's doing to be seen as cool and hip but instead makes her look desperate. Despite being older than Madonna, nobody calls for Cher or Barbra to retire. So the problem isn't ageism here but Madonna.
    Cha Cha Instructor

  3. #81978
    hun's Avatar
    The Diva
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Posts
    49,664
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 10:34

    It’s too easy for Maddy and her stans to talk about ageism and sexism all the time. But yeah, ageism and sexism doesn’t seem to be stopping other female artists her age. No female artist over 40 will be hugely successful on the charts, but that doesn’t mean they’ll get constant criticism and negative press.

  4. #81979
    FadingLight's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    23 Mar 2008
    Location
    Italy, Torino
    Posts
    3,584
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 11:06

    ^ Female artists her age, like who...? There's no one at her fame level.

  5. #81980
    AlphaMale's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    25 Dec 2012
    Location
    La Isla Bonita
    Posts
    16,663
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 11:23

    Bad press? She's having nothing but praise for this era,until the Eurovision. She's been praised for the music and for the performances. Then came the eurovision were she missed some notes, and the press commented on that, as it should, and moved on.
    About ageism, well, the BBC said the won't play her music because she and her fans grew older. One can say that's a business decision, or shouldn't radio play songs purely based on their merits regardless of the age of the artist? Ageism comes in play when people say about her, that she shouldn't date younger men, she should dress appropriately for her age, she shouldn't do currdnt music or collaborate with young and upcoming artists. That she should retire, go to Vegas, do GH tours, do albums of covers or duets or simply retire. Why? Because she's a lady of a certain age.
    No one criticise Paul McCartney for featuring on a song with Rihanna and Kanye. No one calls him desperate, that it's ridiculous to hang with a younger crowd. Is it because is a man?
    And sexism and ageism never stopped or will ever stop Madonna from doing whatever she wants. But whatever she does it bothers people, not because the music is bad, or the performance is bad, or the outfit is bad. It's because it doesn't suit her age.
    I would like to know what other popstar her age is doing and of her magnitude is doing what's she's doing.
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

  6. #81981
    AlphaMale's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    25 Dec 2012
    Location
    La Isla Bonita
    Posts
    16,663
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 11:25

    I don't like her with the GRILLZ, not because she's 60,but because it looks awful. Looks awful on her and on anybody else who wears them, regardless age, sex or race.

    BTW, the constant criticism comes from trolls online, women and gays, go figure...
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

  7. #81982
    RHpoz's Avatar

    Join Date
    13 Mar 2015
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 11:42

    Quote Originally Posted by FadingLight View Post
    ^ Female artists her age, like who...? There's no one at her fame level.
    Like those mentioned here before? Cher and Barbra.

  8. #81983
    menime123's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 May 2005
    Posts
    18,257
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 11:46

    Quote Originally Posted by hun View Post
    It’s too easy for Maddy and her stans to talk about ageism and sexism all the time. But yeah, ageism and sexism doesn’t seem to be stopping other female artists her age. No female artist over 40 will be hugely successful on the charts, but that doesn’t mean they’ll get constant criticism and negative press.
    I agree some fans use it as an excuse, but at the same time Madonna is subject to ageism and sexism.

    Madonna is 60. There aren’t many pop stars of her age that command as much attention as Madonna gets: sales and streams aside, it appears everyone still manages to see and to hear what she’s doing and to form an opinion on it anyway.

    Sadly, I don’t believe that any other star Madonna’s age (or older) does a lot about their ageism or sexism. I remember about 10 years ago Tina and Cher did an Oprah special and she asked them about it - Cher said getting old ‘sucked’ and I believe Tina basically said something to the effect that it was what it was.

  9. #81984
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    27,153
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 11:50

    Madonna fans can't seem to handle criticism well. You say something about her and you're branded a troll. Just because i'm a fan doesn't mean i'll enjoy everything she does.

    I agree that the amount of hate just because of her bad vocals is ridiculous. But the one that needs to wake up is Madonna. Lose the eye patch, the grillz, rent a rappers and make some good music.
    Cha Cha Instructor

  10. #81985
    hun's Avatar
    The Diva
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Posts
    49,664
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:03

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Bad press? She's having nothing but praise for this era,until the Eurovision. She's been praised for the music and for the performances. Then came the eurovision were she missed some notes, and the press commented on that, as it should, and moved on.
    About ageism, well, the BBC said the won't play her music because she and her fans grew older. One can say that's a business decision, or shouldn't radio play songs purely based on their merits regardless of the age of the artist? Ageism comes in play when people say about her, that she shouldn't date younger men, she should dress appropriately for her age, she shouldn't do currdnt music or collaborate with young and upcoming artists. That she should retire, go to Vegas, do GH tours, do albums of covers or duets or simply retire. Why? Because she's a lady of a certain age.
    No one criticise Paul McCartney for featuring on a song with Rihanna and Kanye. No one calls him desperate, that it's ridiculous to hang with a younger crowd. Is it because is a man?
    And sexism and ageism never stopped or will ever stop Madonna from doing whatever she wants. But whatever she does it bothers people, not because the music is bad, or the performance is bad, or the outfit is bad. It's because it doesn't suit her age.
    I would like to know what other popstar her age is doing and of her magnitude is doing what's she's doing.

    There's been tonnes of bad press - mostly on TV. Wendy Williams, The Real with Whoopi Goldberg, Piers Morgan - I know people don't like these people, but millions of people watch them on TV and even more watch them online. Way more than an online review which may praise Crave or I Rise.

    Medellin has been B-listed on Radio 2, so there is no ageism there.

    You're actually using FourFiveSeconds as a comparison? A song where Paul McCartney sings no lead vocals and just plays the guitar?! Lol. When Paul McCartney releases a lead single from a new album in which him and Rihanna twerk together while mumble rapping, then you can compare them.

    Before 4 Minutes, Maddy never had any features on her singles - that's why it comes off as desperate now, because it's something she has only been doing in the past decade, when she happened to turn 50. Janet and Mariah have also used a lot of features lately, but they've been doing it for all of their careers, so it's normal for them. That's why nobody calls them desperate.

    Nobody calls for Cher, Barbra or Janet to retire. And Diana Ross and Tina Turner, while they're pretty much retired, get nothing but praise and respect when they do make appearances or their names are mentioned. Another poster said it best earlier when they said that Maddy almost seems obsessed with challenging what it means to be 60, like she is doing everything she can to be rebellious just so she (and her stans) can later say everybody is sexist and ignorant to her irony.

  11. #81986
    FadingLight's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    23 Mar 2008
    Location
    Italy, Torino
    Posts
    3,584
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:04

    Quote Originally Posted by RHpoz View Post
    Like those mentioned here before? Cher and Barbra.

    Cher is 73, Barbra 77.
    Madonna is 60. I wouldn't say she is the same age as the ones mentioned above.

  12. #81987
    CandyShop's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:04

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Madonna fans can't seem to handle criticism well. You say something about her and you're branded a troll. Just because i'm a fan doesn't mean i'll enjoy everything she does.

    I agree that the amount of hate just because of her bad vocals is ridiculous. But the one that needs to wake up is Madonna. Lose the eye patch, the grillz, rent a rappers and make some good music.
    Lol The amount of criticism ( hate€) she is getting for ESC isn’t enough?

    And what do u mean for handle criticism?
    If u move a criticism , you must expect a different opinion back..... not everyone is holding the truth torch here

    And I see no one came for u as troll, I see u some valid points in your post tbh, so no need here to play any victim card

  13. #81988
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,875
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:26

    @hun, you being a Janet fan should know how media works. If it's fun for them to turn their back on someone and talk excessive crap they will do it. For years, decade... As long as they like it. And press being hard on Madonna has been a thing since the 80's. She is really one of those rare people they always keep a sharp knife to take a stab as soon as she trips.

    She had a bad performance (not as bad as people make it out to be) and indeed I find it a bad decision that they went and fixed her vocal for the upload. Especially as you can ff the show and watch the "real" performance. If she had vocal problems and was nervous they should've gone the lipsync route. She would still get criticism, but with all the rest of interval acts lipsyncing (in both semis and the final) it could've gone down as a production choice. She gambled and (unfortunately) it didn't pay off. Just like Janet gambled with SB shock and it backfired.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

  14. #81989
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,875
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:30

    Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    Just like Janet gambled with SB shock and it backfired.
    And just to clarify myself, I'm not trying to start something this was more like - media decided to go full on Janet hate mode for something that really wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. Was showing the nipple at that performance a bad choice/judgement? Most probably, but the fallout was completely out of hands. And this is the case here. Reading the media you'd think this was the worst performance anyone ever had. And it's such BS. Madonna has never been the best vocalist and she had her share of bad live TV broadcast performances before. Just like she had great ones. But the impression is that she went from some famed singer known by her vocals to absolutely atrocious vocalist who should retire. Pure BS.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

  15. #81990
    AlphaMale's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    25 Dec 2012
    Location
    La Isla Bonita
    Posts
    16,663
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:43

    yes BBC 2 play listed medillin, on their adult oriented channel. All good.
    I'll give you an example. Madonna adopted a boy from Malawi, if she didn't he would probably would've died. The press treated her like a criminal.
    Cher and Barbra are doing what people expect from them. Cover albums, duets with other legends, Vegas.
    Janet has been missing for years so it's only natural people are happy that she has comeback. She's what? 50? I wonder if she goes back to those hot sexy days of past, the kind of press and online criticism she will get.
    Piers, Wendy are not really staples of what people like or not. The fact is that this kind of negativity has followed her all her life and a career seems to still flourish.
    After the Eurovision she announced new dates for her tour who are already sold out.
    And again, and I mean no disrespect, but Janet, Cher and Barbra are not on the level Madonna still is. And that's what makes her a target.
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

  16. #81991
    hun's Avatar
    The Diva
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Posts
    49,664
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:49

    The point I’m making is that Maddy doesn’t suffer from sexism and ageism necessarily, a lot of people just don’t like her. The adoption example is a perfect one to show that.

    Kinda off-topic, but Janet just turned 53 and is performing sexy routines in Vegas, including bringing a guy on stage, and everyone seems to be fine with it.

  17. #81992
    CandyShop's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:53

    Quote Originally Posted by hun View Post
    There's been tonnes of bad press - mostly on TV. Wendy Williams, The Real with Whoopi Goldberg, Piers Morgan - I know people don't like these people, but millions of people watch them on TV and even more watch them online. Way more than an online review which may praise Crave or I Rise.

    Medellin has been B-listed on Radio 2, so there is no ageism there.

    You're actually using FourFiveSeconds as a comparison? A song where Paul McCartney sings no lead vocals and just plays the guitar?! Lol. When Paul McCartney releases a lead single from a new album in which him and Rihanna twerk together while mumble rapping, then you can compare them.

    Before 4 Minutes, Maddy never had any features on her singles - that's why it comes off as desperate now, because it's something she has only been doing in the past decade, when she happened to turn 50. Janet and Mariah have also used a lot of features lately, but they've been doing it for all of their careers, so it's normal for them. That's why nobody calls them desperate.

    Nobody calls for Cher, Barbra or Janet to retire. And Diana Ross and Tina Turner, while they're pretty much retired, get nothing but praise and respect when they do make appearances or their names are mentioned. Another poster said it best earlier when they said that Maddy almost seems obsessed with challenging what it means to be 60, like she is doing everything she can to be rebellious just so she (and her stans) can later say everybody is sexist and ignorant to her irony.
    What the hell? Wow

    Pierce Morgan and W. Williams trashing Madonna? What a news u re putting to the table......😂
    Sticking to that and say that the whole era till now has attracted negativity is ludicrous, up till and after BB Awards press has been indeed mostly positive towards her return, even Medellin was wellcome by positive review, despite being bashed by a large portion of her hardcore fans in the beginning.

    And how can u deny radio ageism solely based on the fact that she was playlisted on BBC 2 while ignored by the rest of the radio ( few exeption in U.K.) and in USA is even worst....,.sorry but u’ re very biased stating the contrary.

  18. #81993
    MrLeonix's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Jan 2013
    Posts
    22,558
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 12:57

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Even though they fixed her vocals for the ESC performance video upload the reception still seems to be skeptical with a 33% dislike rate, a lot of the rates on Youtube have been dislikes at this point.
    The dislikes rate has risen from 33% to 41% since yesterday.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

  19. #81994
    autumnwind's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    21 Oct 2016
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 13:00

    Cher and Barbra??? They are playing safe and doing a legacy act as old fans and people expect them to.. Of course people wont do much agism because they don't have to stay current.
    But madonna is different.
    She is never a legacy act nor does things people expect her to do. even political.
    That's what makes madonna different.
    Madonna is getting agism and sexism since 90s.
    Its old story. Why act like it doesnt apply to her???
    Sex era, American life, among others to name a few.
    Dont act like the social justice is working right for her.
    Last edited by autumnwind; Tue May 21st, 2019 at 13:03.

  20. #81995
    autumnwind's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    21 Oct 2016
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 13:02

    Some people r serious?? Bring piers and wendy for examples???
    Dont go that low.
    We all know who they are and how their show is, regardless of people watching.

  21. #81996
    hun's Avatar
    The Diva
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Posts
    49,664
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 13:04

    I don’t like Wendy either, but to deny she attracts millions of viewers is wrong. And unfortunately, a lot of people actually listen to what she says.

  22. #81997
    autumnwind's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    21 Oct 2016
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 13:09

    Haters all have been there. No more news. Madonna doesnt add anything. For sex era she was the most despised woman on earth from so much backlash.
    I dont think shes worried about haters at this point. She didnt give a damn back then, why now???
    She is doing well with her tour tickets and adding. Most of die hard fans will buy albums.
    Haters wont. She has nothing to lose.
    Haters are willing to spend their time dragging her because they have too much time on keyboard and nothing else to do.
    They have been there since 90s . So nothing new.
    Dont act like she never faced criticism and hate.

  23. #81998
    autumnwind's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    21 Oct 2016
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 13:14

    So what??? Dose she make tickets sold???
    She is a gossiper and always like that.
    Dont act like she is sane and someone like oprah. I dont even watch that thing.
    Madonna is doing her budiness regardless of Millions of watchers from the gossip show.
    She listens to no evil like she said in instagram

  24. #81999
    hun's Avatar
    The Diva
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Posts
    49,664
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 13:19

    You seem to have missed my point entirely in order to fit your own defensive narrative, so let’s stop responding to each other.

  25. #82000
    autumnwind's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    21 Oct 2016
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 13:24

    Madonna is and will be doing her thing as long as she wants to and defying agism and fighting with political views, regardless of gossipers, bad press and haters.
    They never contribute a positive vibe and energy to her anyway. Wont help. Let them talk the talk.
    It's their waste.
    Last edited by autumnwind; Tue May 21st, 2019 at 13:45.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •