• Burning Up

11 14.29%
  • Holiday

17 22.08%
  • Lucky Star

14 18.18%
  • Borderline

29 37.66%
Page 2953 of 2967 FirstFirst ... 19532453285329032943295129522953295429552963 ... LastLast
Results 73,801 to 73,825 of 74159

Thread: Madonna

Manager
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:36

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    For one, she announced new music coming soon in May 2018...

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...l-game__22945/
    Coming soon in Madonna's world never means soon in dictionary sense. Pretty much everyone here already knows that. What else?

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:48

^ I can name other stuff, but if you are going to make excuses, just say you don't want to hear it.

Madonna announced the video for American Life, but decided last minute to cancel it.

Madonna announced she would tour with the Like A Prayer album, but scrapped it.

Madonna said (in her early pop years) she would never do rock music.

Back in 1987 right after the Who's That Girl tour, Madonna said she would never perform some of her biggest hits (like Material Girl and Like A Virgin) ever again.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:49

‘Soon’ is relative. Parents tell their kids ‘soon’ all the time to shut them up.
    NO MEN IN ME.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:53

But you have to understand that #soon in Madonna's dictionary doesn't mean the same as it does for us.
    She's like G*D and has her own time scale lol

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:55

Still, even Madonna knows "soon" is not a year later. She just had a change of mind, which she has always had. I follow every news on Madonna since 1985.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:58

^ I can name other stuff, but if you are going to make excuses, just say you don't want to hear it.

Madonna announced the video for American Life, but decided last minute to cancel it.

Madonna announced she would tour with the Like A Prayer album, but scrapped it.

Madonna said (in her early pop years) she would never do rock music.

Back in 1987 right after the Who's That Girl tour, Madonna said she would never perform some of her biggest hits (like Material Girl and Like A Virgin) ever again.

Aside from the AL video, none of those ‘announcements’ are official. Yes things like LAP tours were planned, but official announcements with dates etc never happened. I think all of us know Madonna doesn’t really mean it when she says she’ll never perform certain songs again

Also, when has Madonna ever released a studio rock song? At best we’ve had guitar pop songs. She’s been told her fans wanted a rock album before (there was a radio interview during the recording session for HC where she was told) but she’s never bothered.
    NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:59

^ I knew you would make excuses.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 21:59

I follow every news on Madonna since 1985.
    Now I just think you’re being petulant. If the album date was never announced, it isn’t late.
    NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:02

^ I knew you would make excuses.

There is a huge difference between something being said off the cuff, in the moment or in the works but never announced. Cher, for example, did a farewell tour and said ‘this is the last’. Madonna has never done something like that. The closest she came was ‘retiring’ from acting and she’s largely never bothered since 2003.
    NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:04

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Now I just think you’re being petulant. If the album date was never announced, it isn’t late.
    Sometimes I don't know why I bother answering you. You always seem to disagree with me just for the sake of it.
    Don't even know what petulant means.
    I never said she announced the album. She said new music (could be just the single) would come soon.

And yes, she has announced stuff since 1985 that she scrapped or changed her mind about. Which is just her being human. Thank God, she allows herself to have a change of mind. But I'm not going to type down more of those things as you have just prooved you are going to make excuses, just because it is me.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:08

This is a discussion forum. We don’t have to agree. But saying you’ve followed her for 34 years doesn’t make you a bigger fan though and is just an attempt to put everyone’s back up.
    NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:10

This is a discussion forum. We don’t have to agree. But saying you’ve followed her for 34 years doesn’t make you a bigger fan though and is just an attempt to put everyone’s back up.
    I never said I'm a bigger fan. But I've read enough over the years to have experienced Madonna having a change of mind now and again. No need to get envious.

Manager
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:18

AL video was premiered though, but pulled due to backlash. It played on MTV and VH1 in Europe for some time though before being replaced by the flag one. I was so pissed because for me that is easily one of the best (if not the best) videos she ever did. The concept is there and is brilliantly executed. Hits so hard about war issues. And YT wasn't what it was today so there wasn't a video of it for some years. I had some really shitty low quality copy downloaded on my computer and played it so many times.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:30

I never said I'm a bigger fan. But I've read enough over the years to have experienced Madonna having a change of mind now and again. No need to get envious.
    I’m glad I spent the LAP years learning how to potty train

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:38

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    AL video was premiered though, but pulled due to backlash. It played on MTV and VH1 in Europe for some time though before being replaced by the flag one. I was so pissed because for me that is easily one of the best (if not the best) videos she ever did. The concept is there and is brilliantly executed. Hits so hard about war issues. And YT wasn't what it was today so there wasn't a video of it for some years. I had some really shitty low quality copy downloaded on my computer and played it so many times.
    The original plan was for the video to be included in the deluxe version of the album and I was pissed when then didn’t happen.

I was fine with the video being pulled but I will never, ever understand why she approves the flag version... if the original version had been included in the deluxe version of the album then the flag version could have been seen as a sales technique, but it was so...

I remember the theory being the video was pulled as a marketing ploy, but clearly it wasn’t. I suspect Madonna and those in the business knew how things were going to go in entertainment circles once war had been declared and tried to just do damage control before the storm really started I suppose.

Then they skipped it on IGTTYAS (though I wonder if it was being saved for a supposed tour DVD bonus) and THEN they skipped it on the Celebration DVD... which wasn’t really acceptable imo.

Totally ghosted her own work

Manager
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 22:45

Flag video literally came a couple of days after the original video. They just scrambled really fast from the footage they had. If you watch the original video you can see the scenes with Madonna and just black behind her. They just put flags behind her in those scenes and called it a day. They didn't shoot a new video. They just removed all the actual video idea stuff.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 23:10

I’m glad I spent the LAP years learning how to potty train
    And I was born. ^^
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 23:13

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    Flag video literally came a couple of days after the original video. They just scrambled really fast from the footage they had. If you watch the original video you can see the scenes with Madonna and just black behind her. They just put flags behind her in those scenes and called it a day. They didn't shoot a new video. They just removed all the actual video idea stuff.

Exactly - they could have put anything in! Even the black background was better than sodding flags.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-19, 23:27

Flag video is still better than these videos:
    Get together
    Jump
    Miles away
    Give it 2 me
    Celebration

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 00:33

A Ray of Light Tour was announced and then nothing happened.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 08:54

I do think she originally intended to release something earlier. Maybe not the full album but,I'm sure that at some point, "Beautiful Game" was meant to be a single.
    She performed it at the Met Gala. She had a lot of posts on IG hashtagging it. She had that awful hat with its name on it that she wore also on several occasions and some IG posts.
    Something made her change her mind and the song appears to be completely gone and buried.
    Whatever that was,I'm glad she was interested to invest even more time and work in the studio to make,polish or improve an album.
    Shows that she really cares and that this is really important for her.
    Last edited by BodyShop; 11-02-19 at 08:56.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 08:58

Quote Originally Posted by music126 View Post
    A Ray of Light Tour was announced and then nothing happened.
    A RoL Tour was never annoumced though.
    She said that she wanted to tour in support for the album but never really announced a tour.
    Am I wrong?

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 12:14

Disappointed that she never cared about making some Rock music during her mainstream / major career. I think she does support the genre through live performances and remixes tho.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 12:23

Quote Originally Posted by BodyShop View Post
    A RoL Tour was never annoumced though.
    She said that she wanted to tour in support for the album but never really announced a tour.
    Am I wrong?
    No, you're right. Also the AL first video never got released.
    Madonna has talked about projects over the years that never came to light.
    Last year she said 2018 was going to be hers, answering to a direct question from Anderson Cooper, and nothing happened.
    So yes, even if she says it, it doesn't mean it will happen.
    Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
    Him or her I shall follow

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 12:23

I think Madonna will keep making music for as long as she can.
    What kind of music? I have no idea...
    Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
    Him or her I shall follow