Page 3 of 3437 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna

by » Wed December 30th, 2009, 11:02

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian
    Quote Originally Posted by aPod
    no Gaga

no Britney

and please no Beyonce

and you old cow, go work it hard and bring us a mix of confessions, music and ray of light with some "go into the light" songs
    OK. But she will need a duet with any singer that reaches huge Airplays in USA for the first single. In Europe(and several other places) she still makes great alone.
    Who gives a damn about US airplay! Clinging onto younger hot artists is what made her recent outputs seem so very un-Madonna. She *can* make it alone! And she should just say 'screw you' to US airplay and charts. Just put out a great song and a great album, Mo, and all's good.

by » Wed December 30th, 2009, 11:22

Completely agree with Silmarillion!

For the rest, the last thing I want for her first single is a duet, Madonna can still make it alone , and who the hell cares of the Usa airplay, their teen-age audience and bla bla bla, she is 51 now and trying desperately to keep up with that is just "pathetic", and great part of HC experiment just proove it! She'd better go back to her roots making something more mature this time, without loosing her style!
    There's only one Queen
    and that's MADONNA.

by » Wed December 30th, 2009, 14:40

I am hoping for a more experimental work on the line of Ray of Light, American Life...something fresh.

by » Wed December 30th, 2009, 14:56

even loving al, madge cant take risks, i believe if she flops its over

she is already "to old" to resurge and a lot of peaple hate her
    libertarian!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed December 30th, 2009, 17:08

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru
    Lead single has to be a duet. Madge needs a duet lead single. Infact her duets are always in point except for Give it to me :x
    She already done that with Hard Candy.

No more desperate generic sh*t please Madge.

by » Fri January 1st, 2010, 21:40

Madonna doesn't need to have a duet to chart in the US: digital sales thankfully have changed all of that. If her songs good enough, people will buy it which I'm sure is ALL Madonna cares about.

Madonna's next album...

Hard Candy was good. It was populist in that it had a generic sound we've all heard before, but production wise it was rather on the mark - best work from Timbaland and Pharrell that they'd done for someone else in a long time. At least they pulled out the stops.

That said, Hard Candy was a solid album: one of her most concise albums from start to finish.

I'd quite like something progressive, but something much less electronic pop than what we've had for the last decade or so. Its been AGES since she did a traditional ballad - shes flirted with ballad sounding songs, but I'd love something like Crazy For You, I Want You, I'll Remember, Forbidden Love1 etc.
    M08T10

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat January 2nd, 2010, 06:37

Ooh I'm hoping for another Confessions.

Celebration and Revolver gave me hope that she might be turning in that direction again.

I'm a pretty new Madonna fan.. I started liking her after "4 Minutes" came out.
    You're like a bad penny =)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat January 2nd, 2010, 17:09

I don't want duets...she doesn't need them to have hits. In the USA she might not have a huge hit without a colaboration...but anyway...i don't want to see her with these newbies like gaga really...if she wants a duet don't release it as a single...especially as a 1st single.
    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

by » Sat January 2nd, 2010, 17:15

Please another Confessions On A Dancefloor!! this time around!!!!!!!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sat January 2nd, 2010, 19:05

Confessions was amazing album, but I don't wanna part 2.
    I want something new and fresh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun January 3rd, 2010, 01:03

a mix of ray of light and confessions would be good

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 3rd, 2010, 17:44

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarillion

Who gives a damn about US airplay! Clinging onto younger hot artists is what made her recent outputs seem so very un-Madonna. She *can* make it alone! And she should just say 'screw you' to US airplay and charts. Just put out a great song and a great album, Mo, and all's good.
    I think the biggest music market is extremely important for her label e for her!US Airplay is only a result of the sucess of any artist in a moment.

by » Sun January 3rd, 2010, 17:56

Of course the US is important to La Madge! Shes an American, so obviously the US chart is the one she grew up with and most likely considers 'her own', in the way that I'd consider the UK one my own and most important!

Madonna however must realize by now that she is an album artist in America now - but thats because of the way the music industry is run over there. Her first single will chart high on the chart because it's the first single and thats what they happen to do. Her 2nd single will debut in the top 50, and her third single won't chart in America.

It's how it's been for a while now. Her last 2nd single to make any impact would have been Don't Tell Me, 9 years ago! (American Life doesn't count, it was the lead single!)
    M08T10

by » Sun January 3rd, 2010, 18:41

I would like an Erotica/Ray Of Light/Confessions hybrid.

by » Sun January 3rd, 2010, 21:30

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrder757
    I would like an Erotica/Ray Of Light/Confessions hybrid.
    Probably not what you're refering too, but theres a remix of Erotica from her Confessions Tour that is the perfect hybrid of those 3 albums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXV_0LqW7Yo

(studio version^)

If she can make an album of songs like this I'd love it: electronic sound from ROL, Dance sound from COADF and naughty lyrics from Erotica
    M08T10

by » Fri January 8th, 2010, 09:18

A-Trak denied working with Madonna

“That quote is made up. The whole thing is phoney… but very entertaining. And who knows, could happen one day.”

from A-Trak’s twitter
    There's only one Queen
    and that's MADONNA.

by » Fri January 8th, 2010, 11:04

Quote Originally Posted by jszmiles
    Quote Originally Posted by FadingLight
    I want a duet with Lady GaGa.
    please god no!!!
    A duet with God instead?

by » Tue January 19th, 2010, 22:33

All the possible producer are dening to be working for Madge, now it's the turn of Brendon O brien, are these roumors real? I'm so courious to know who she is going to work with!
    There's only one Queen
    and that's MADONNA.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 19th, 2010, 22:34

Quote Originally Posted by mister_sparky
    a mix of ray of light and confessions would be good
    Yes, this would make the perfect Madonna album!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 20th, 2010, 04:50

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy28
    Quote Originally Posted by jszmiles
    Quote Originally Posted by FadingLight
    I want a duet with Lady GaGa.
    please god no!!!
    A duet with God instead?
    I don't think Beyoncé has time for Madonna. :(
    But it would be a hot collabo 4sho.

by » Wed January 20th, 2010, 07:22

I think a mix of Ray Of Light, Confessions, and Erotica would be perfect.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri January 22nd, 2010, 05:11

Quote Originally Posted by tennis1400
    Shes still relevant.
    Janet is not relevant. Sorry.

A Madonna/Janet duet would have been huge years ago, but now Janet's global flopping power would manage to overpower Madonna's global smashing power and the track would peak below #10 everywhere.

Not to mention M should just stay away from that mess for the music's sake.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri January 22nd, 2010, 05:16

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru
    Lead single has to be a duet. Madge needs a duet lead single. Infact her duets are always in point except for Give it to me :x
    I wasn't aware "Give It 2 Me" was a duet.

And "Me Against The Menopause" was atrocious.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri January 22nd, 2010, 05:48

The whole thing about no duets is just silly. Madonna has always been about reinvention, and as long as she does that you shouldn't be complaining about whether her material consists of duets or solos because either way she's gonna bring it.

Just be glad she's still dedicated to her craft.

I've never been a huge Madonna fan, but I've always had an open mind when it comes to music. I'm gonna check out some of her previous work, and I will be sure to listen to her new material.
    Caught In A Bad Romance

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri January 22nd, 2010, 18:49

I love duets, I just hate when their bandwagony(dont think thats a word). For instance every other song right now features Akon or Lil Wayne. If you trying to make your song special, this seems counterproductive. Same thing with Justin and Timbaland a few years ago, they were everywhere. So duets are good when they are truly inspired, not when an artists is just trying to appeal to every single listener demographic.