User Tag List

Page 3279 of 3409 FirstFirst ... 2279277931793229326932773278327932803281328933293379 ... LastLast
Results 81,951 to 81,975 of 85204

Thread: Madonna

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 22:31

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Madonna has always been political though, certainly social politics from the very start - she knew what the kids wanted and how to give it to them. There’s reasons why she’s so iconic for the 80s... she owned them.
    Well, the world is as horrible as it is. People want to forget terrible things happening and escape into fantasy with music. Especially something campy as Eurovision and she made the theme dark as hell
    Cha Cha Instructor

Roadie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 22:36

Maybe madonna impact I guess lol

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She always got people talking whether it was for her daring concepts (provocative attitude, speeches, statements, artistic decissions, kissing girls on stage, etc) or imagery (burning crosses, religious aesthetics, nudity and sexualized visuals, etc) but this time is different, the reason she's getting the "headlines" now is because of her talent, her artistry is what it's being questioned now and the controversy is not about the: "wow she's provocative" anymore, it's straight up like "she can't sing , her music sucks" these days and that is just weird and surreal for me . . this might have happened around the time she was doing "Like A Virgin" with people saying she was a talentless tart but she had overcome those days long time ago turning into a legend and high profile artist and ever since "Evita" many would criticize her attitude and stage moments daily but not that many people would question the fact that she was an entertaining artist / showgirl and that she would pull a high level performance, she was the standard for so many pop girls in fact. Being the "Fiasco girl on stage" is new territory for Madonna (at least for the first time in decades) if you ask me and I never imagined in million years that something like this would or could ever happen to someone like Madonna. It just feels like a bad nightmare.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Well, the world is as horrible as it is. People want to forget terrible things happening and escape into fantasy with music. Especially something campy as Eurovision and she made the theme dark as hell
    Yes and 2 weeks before she played a joyful and colourful performance at the BBMA: that’s M essence, today she is black , tomorrow may u white..

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 22:46

@MrLeonix Billboard performance proved exactly the opposite of what u said, performance was praised and some press pointed at her as a model for the new popstar on how to put up the “ real” show.

Yes I agree that ESC went bad but don’t make it appear like it is the end of the world for her or like she is at a painful Spears level....ESC has been a bad moment that in a few week will be well forgotten

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 22:47

I have to say I think the biggest problem with Madonna the last couple of years is that she became too caught up with ageism. Instead of focusing on doing what she really wanted to do I think she ended up with the mantra "no one is going to tell me to stop no matter what" pandering in her head day in and day out. While it maybe gave her some fuel at age 47-48 to think that way every now and then, now I think it's overpowering everything she does and actually making her mind kind of closed. Earlier in her career I could tell she was proud of the music she was making and the performances and what she had to say but today I don't really feel like she's invested for real. I am not so sure she actually is happy with what she's putting out rather than just thinking I HAVE to make a record - I HAVE to go on tour - I HAVE to wear the grillz - I HAVE to have cool rappers on my songs - just to piss everybody off and to show that no one can tell her to stop.

I have the deepest of love for this woman - I've found so much comfort, joy, happiness, love and strength in her music and in her as a person. And I still do! She changed my life - she made me a kinder man, a more accepting and open person and better human being. I constantly quote her lyrics for everything in life. Honestly - she's been my psychotherapist. The effect she had on me is maybe even more profund than some of my family members effect on me. So I am extremly thankful and happy for everything that she ever "gave" me. I love her so much but I do not enjoy her current music very much and that's fine too. Peace.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 22:57

Quote Originally Posted by CandyShop View Post
    ..ESC has been a bad moment that in a few week will be well forgotten
    I mean, the Brits Awards fall which wasn't even her fault still gets brought up to this day, I'm affraid this Eurovision performance will be used as something against her for years to come unless she pulls another new major great TV performance where she slays, but if ESC will remain as her most recent major TV moment then it'll quite haunt her for some time, the audience of ESC was just too big.

And my post was not just about her performances though, her music is getting bashed too (although that has been going on since 2012).

I think she needs to do a brilliant Netflix documentary and do a bunch of damage control right now.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue May 21st, 2019 at 00:23.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Roadie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 23:03

Haters are fuc,heads. She didnt kill anyone with her performance. She didnt end the world. Why so obnoxious with only one performance? Why cares so much beforehand??
    I think she forgot about it and is doing something else already.
    Just drop it.
    It's getting ridiculous with that much obsession.
    I think some people r overreacting and keep this issue further.
    Just move on. Nothing impacted her. She wont lose a penny by adding more shows to her tour.
    It looks like she is doing great by looking at that many added dates today.
    She just does her thing as she used to.
    Last edited by autumnwind; Mon May 20th, 2019 at 23:11.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 23:18

As for the tour I love the idea and concept behind it, since the day she announced it I inmediately found the idea and approach to be brilliant, interesting and new for her.

I know I sound like a broken-record but I wish she could shoot a Netflix documentary for the show / tour. Netflix is very global right now and being accessed by very large audiences. Those Netflix documentaries always tend to work great for the artists (they're ideal for public image).

Roadie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 23:22

Netflix is a great thing. I think every fan is eager to see her netflix special.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 23:32

why does the eurovision vid have so many dislikes? its so nice.. altho i only know LAP
    edit: ok.. i see.. i dont care i liked it
    Last edited by Mamisho; Mon May 20th, 2019 at 23:37.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 23:54

This place is going to be boring with the mass exodus.

I just watched a live recording of this performance finally and to be completely honest, it's not that bad and I find it to be similar to some other live recordings of hers. This is all a, "let's jump on the I Hate Madonna bandwagon" that's all.
    Last edited by music126; Tue May 21st, 2019 at 00:01.

The Diva
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 23:57

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    I mean, the Brits Awards fall which wasn't even her fault still gets brought up to this day, I'm affraid this Eurovision performance will be used as something against her from years to come unless she pulls another new major great TV performance where she slays, but if ESC will remain as her most recent major TV moment then it'll quite haunt her for some time, the audience of ESC was just too big.

And my post was not just about her performances though, her music is getting bashed too (although that has been going on since 2012).

I think she needs to do a brilliant Netflix documentary and do a bunch of damage control right now.

This whole era has been so chaotic already. She’s been getting critical acclaim for the music but many fans and general public don’t like it. And a lot of talk show hosts have been very vocal about how much they think she’s lost it - i am shocked at how honest some tv personalities are. And after ESC, it’s like everyone has turned on her if they hadn’t already.

She definitely wasn’t getting this level of hate last era.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 00:10

even as a new fan i know madonna doesn't care, get over it, ewww and i thought it was just mariah, madonna fans arent much different!!
    was good while i stopped coming to ukmix to read rubbish.. what a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    the reason she's getting the "headlines" now is because of her talent, her artistry is what it's being questioned now and the controversy is not about the: "wow she's provocative" anymore, it's straight up like "she can't sing , her music sucks" these days and that is just weird and surreal for me
    lmfao people questioned mariah's during her debut years, 2019, still same, who the fuc cares omg
    ugh im out of here for now ktnxbye

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 04:11

Reading this made me think of something Madonna posted a while back on her social media. Who remembers the post where she said that if you take the time to write about me or hate me then YOU’RE A FAN:

Madonna Releases 4th Flop in a Month, Which Did Not Chart on USA iTunes

Madonna released on May 17, 2019, her fourth single from her upcoming ‘Madame X’ album set to drop on June 14. This single has done the worst of all her releases.

Not even charting on the USA and Spain iTunes charts, where it did hit, it was primarily at the bottom. By the second day, it had dropped to fall off the charts status.

It really appears as if Madonna and her management are trying to release as much material as possible, to see if she can get a hit out of anything. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be working.

Madonna is set to release one more single before “Madame X” drops. Practically half of the album would have been released, and if the next single follows like these four, it will be her fifth flop.

This was billed as the big Madonna comeback. Instead, it is showing her desperation and poor business sense to release singles one after another, without remixes, and without a chance to build an audience.

Madonna is going the way of Ariana Grande releasing singles, one after another without working on it to try to have a hit.

The problem with this is the 60-year-old singer is not Ariana Grande, and she is trying to make a comeback with others besides her hardcore groupies. Four singles that have flopped will not return her to the mainstream.

The timing of the release of this new single was also interesting. Madonna chose to release her single on the eve of her controversial Eurovision performance, as to bury it, knowing the press would primarily cover Eurovision.

Madonna was asked by multiple organizations, celebrities, and LGBT groups not to perform due to human rights violations. LGBT groups will be holding their own song contest at the same time as Eurovision.

The self-proclaimed champion of LGBT and human rights said she would not give up her million dollar fee to perform two songs and she would perform.

Even the Madonna-Infinity Forum was not thrilled with Madonna’s latest single.

Luiz Ribeiro said: “I can not believe it took Madonna such a great deal of time to deliver generic music.”

Lucifer’s Angel said: “The song has repetitive lyrics with a cliche message. She is chasing the current trends in music and the music is not innovative. In my opinion, I Rise and this is the worst songs. I am so disappointed.”

Xpresso said: “Future is a generic song and I can not understand why she is promoting it and releasing it right before Eurovision.”

PWCCA said: “I think this is one of the worst songs. It is so boring and generic. And she is doing all the autotune again.”

Mrsciccone said: “This is the first time I do not recognize Madonna’s voice.”

Then there are the fans on the forum who love anything Madonna does:

Ambrose said: “I am listening to it for the fourth time. It is the weakest preview track, and Quavo is not necessary. I do not understand any of the lyrics, and the vocoder is way too aggressive. The chorus is good and I love the rhythm and horns.”

Notbizzre said: “Heard Future and it is amazing!”

MCGuim said: “I may be the only one, but I love the track.”

iTune Charts for Madonna & Quavo – ‘Future’

Australia:

Chart debut: #60 (17 May 2019)
    Highest Position: #60 (17 May 2019)
    Most recent chart position: #88 (18 May 2019)

United Kingdom:

Chart debut: #35 (17 May 2019)

Germany:

Chart debut: #71 (17 May 2019)

France:

Chart debut: #16 (17 May 2019)

Italy:

Chart debut: #20 (17 May 2019)

Canada:

Chart debut: #88 (17 May 2019)

Spain:

#14 (17 May 2019)

Brazil:

Chart debut: #20 (17 May 2019)

Written by Barbara Sobel

Sources:

ITunes

My grandma always said, ‘La denuncia è una pubblicità per stupidità.’

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 04:53

She is a pop star, no one takes her seriously apart from her fans. She's a great LGBT activist and ally and what she did for the community is great. But when she becomes political, no ones give a sht and she becomes laughing stock. Remember her awful "bombing the White House" speech?
    Guys please... putting a Palestinian flag next to an Israeli does not make you political... it is just breaking the ESC rules for nothing (although I will say that those ESC rules are ridiculous so breaking them could have some value but still this is not something THAT important) because there was no message whatsoever...
    Last edited by jio; Tue May 21st, 2019 at 04:56.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 07:03

This issue in the UK is the general public last saw Madonna live during the Brits and remember the fall (not the amazing performance and her showing she was singing live and got back up and finished the song) & then the next they see of her is the ESC performance...unless you actually like Madonna the GP wasn't looking for any of the performances in-between...I do agree with @MrLeonix that she needs some damage control & a good live performance on a UK show before or during release week...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 09:09

Quote Originally Posted by jio View Post
    Guys please... putting a Palestinian flag next to an Israeli does not make you political... it is just breaking the ESC rules for nothing (although I will say that those ESC rules are ridiculous so breaking them could have some value but still this is not something THAT important) because there was no message whatsoever...
    LOL. How it was done and where it was done have no bearing on it?
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Legend
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 09:26

It was political enough for some Israeli ministers to talk about it.
    But fir Gio unless she sets herself on fire during the performance, is not political enough...
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 09:29

We fans should accept the fact that GP has moved on from Madonna and don't care about her music anymore. Sure, as a legacy act her tours do well but unless she'll release something spectacular, this will not change.
    Cha Cha Instructor

The Diva
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 09:45

We fans should accept the fact that GP has moved on from Madonna and don't care about her music anymore. Sure, as a legacy act her tours do well but unless she'll release something spectacular, this will not change.

Rather than simply moving on, I think a lot of people strongly dislike her which is why she gets so much hate. The UK moved on from Janet years ago but they don’t hate her, which is why there’s no negativity surrounding her. But lots of people want Maddy to fail and hate her.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 09:47

Which is a quite normal rule for every other acts male or female
    after 25+ years in the show biz..... but in M world that becomes a drama and used as a weapon against her......

Roadie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 09:57

I think M's consistent success in her career, in part, goes against her now that she's in that very normal stage of her career where she doesn't bother the singles charts too much. We need to let go to some extent and just enjoy what she's offering, she could have cut the ESC performance and just had Future on her YouTube to help sales but I believe she's more interested in people seeing her full artist vision and not worried about increasing the views/streams of the single if it compromises that & I'm perfectly happy with that...I'm just totally nervous about Friday's London tickets...will I get a decent one, or one at all? I will have no nails come Friday

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 10:05

This thread kinda reminds me of the glorious Velvetgoldmine.it forum circa 2004, after Bowie’s sudden retirement from touring due to his heart stroke during his Reality tour.
    Pages and pages about how bad the Reality album was, how tired and uninspired he was, Personal threats, argues, bullying.
    Well, we had to wait TEN years before listening to new music from David, and after just three years it happened what it happened.

WHO KNOWS why she chose to perform in theatres, who knows why her voice is so overproduced, and why she’s so out of breath?
    I am not saying she’s ill, only that, in David’s case, none of us posting in that forum would have imagined how things would shape from 2004 on.

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 10:16

Quote Originally Posted by MrHat View Post
    I have to say I think the biggest problem with Madonna the last couple of years is that she became too caught up with ageism. Instead of focusing on doing what she really wanted to do I think she ended up with the mantra "no one is going to tell me to stop no matter what" pandering in her head day in and day out. While it maybe gave her some fuel at age 47-48 to think that way every now and then, now I think it's overpowering everything she does and actually making her mind kind of closed. Earlier in her career I could tell she was proud of the music she was making and the performances and what she had to say but today I don't really feel like she's invested for real. I am not so sure she actually is happy with what she's putting out rather than just thinking I HAVE to make a record - I HAVE to go on tour - I HAVE to wear the grillz - I HAVE to have cool rappers on my songs - just to piss everybody off and to show that no one can tell her to stop.
    This.

Very well written Mr. Hat and that's what i've been thinking.
    Cha Cha Instructor