User Tag List

Page 3402 of 3423 FirstFirst ... 24022902330233523392340034013402340334043412 ... LastLast
Results 85,026 to 85,050 of 85553

Thread: Madonna

Superstar
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 21:20

Quote Originally Posted by NormiMalone View Post
    I've honestly been considering Madonna to have entered her Joan Crawford period
    Many would say her 'Norma Desmond' period. I'm not sure what to think, she's definitely not the Madonna we used to know, but then almost 37 years of fame and people saying 'Yes' to you all the time is bound to have an effect. Guy Oseary is just a symptom of that, everyone needs someone to stand up to them every so often .. even Madonna.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 21:41

^ Let's hope she won't end up like Norma Desmond
    Cha Cha Instructor

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 21:56

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Remember sometime in '08 or '09 when it was rumored that she was seeking to produce and star in a remake of Casablanca? Had that been true and gotten off the ground, that would have been a SERIOUS Norma Desmond moment!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 21:59

Well, all stars have their birth, their main sequence and eventually they fade or go out with a bang

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 22:05

Quote Originally Posted by Westen View Post
    Not elated to Madonna, but you have no idea how hard this made me laugh, that sentence has been the most popular meme in Serbia for months now
    What's funny about having six children?
    My Instagram... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 22:07

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    What's funny about having six children?
    If only I could explain this meme to you all

Meme has more views than last 3 Madonna's music videos

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 22:13

^ I don't understand a thing.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 22:24

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    ^ I don't understand a thing.
    This woman was too cocky and full of herself because her biggest accomplishment is being a mother of 6, and she used every single chance in that episode to elevate herself by saying that she has 6 kids while she, she was deesvrbing herself in very unusual way which went viral so everyone started making fun of that (majka sestoro dece - mother of six), and now that's a running joke here

You had to be here to get it lol

Legend
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 23:10

Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan View Post
    Many would say her 'Norma Desmond' period. I'm not sure what to think, she's definitely not the Madonna we used to know, but then almost 37 years of fame and people saying 'Yes' to you all the time is bound to have an effect. Guy Oseary is just a symptom of that, everyone needs someone to stand up to them every so often .. even Madonna.
    Madonna is too self aware to become Norma Desmond and the world will never turn their back on Madonna and forget her - she’s hardly chart poison when she just had another US #1.

Madonna always has a backup plan too if her career looks to be on uneven ground: she can do a greatest hits tour with affordable tickets - but I doubt things will ever get that desperate

Superstar
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 23:26

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Madonna is too self aware to become Norma Desmond and the world will never turn their back on Madonna and forget her - she’s hardly chart poison when she just had another US #1.

Madonna always has a backup plan too if her career looks to be on uneven ground: she can do a greatest hits tour with affordable tickets - but I doubt things will ever get that desperate
    The thing is though, in recent years I'm not so sure she is all that self-aware, her behaviour often suggests otherwise. I do sometimes wonder what 30 year old Madonna would make of her 60 year old self.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 23:47

The thing is though, in recent years I'm not so sure she is all that self-aware, her behaviour often suggests otherwise. I do sometimes wonder what 30 year old Madonna would make of her 60 year old self.
    Seriously? 30 year old Madonna was far too cocky, bratty and even less self aware. Ask Warren Beatty or Cher haha
    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Superstar
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 23:57

Quote Originally Posted by madfan13 View Post
    Seriously? 30 year old Madonna was far too cocky, bratty and even less self aware. Ask Warren Beatty or Cher haha
    Which is EXACTLY why I'd love to know what she'd think

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 00:02

Agreed. The commercial for her Rose Mist spray ("Eye wunt to live in a wuhld of rew-OH-sus..."), for example, is not the work of self-aware person. It's just not.

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 09:51

We all know she only got that #1 position thanks to ticket bundles and thanks to Bruce not touring this year. I do think she has become chart poison.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Roadie
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 10:06

We all know she only got that #1 position thanks to ticket bundles and thanks to Bruce not touring this year. I do think she has become chart poison.
    Every single artist gets to that position because of something...**insert eyeroll emoji**

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 10:27

Quote Originally Posted by Jimshakes View Post
    Every single artist gets to that position because of something...**insert eyeroll emoji**
    And there's nothing wrong with that. Madonna was the one that made ticket bundles a thing with MDNA album. @menime123 said that she wasn't a chart poison, i argue that she has become or she's becoming one. She couldn't even top charts of her best markets, that says something for fans who can see the truth. Even RH, an album that was leaked months ago, topped many charts around the world.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 11:40

Crazy should've been a single in Europe, it's the catchiest song on the album.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 12:14

A Number 1 is a number 1 regardless.....
    Do u think In ten years people will question her top debut because of Bruce not touring?
    RH in 2015 lost the top spot because of BB changing their rules few days before the album was released.
    At the same time u see album selling 1or 2k being top 3 thanks to new rules applied..... that is how Chart works, we should accept it in good or bad

But I see the bundle becomes a thing if it’s M related, I was checking Mariah and Cher thread and I didn’t see any drama about it or anyone reminding us every couple of pages the bundle thing give them a boost and “x sales were achieved only because of the bundle “ and bla bla bla.....

give it a rest ....seriously!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 13:09

Quote Originally Posted by CandyShop View Post
    Do u think In ten years people will question her top debut because of Bruce not touring?
    RH in 2015 lost the top spot because of BB changing their rules few days before the album was released.
    At the same time u see album selling 1or 2k being top 3 thanks to new rules applied..... that is how Chart works, we should accept it in good or bad

But I see the bundle becomes a thing if it’s M related, I was checking Mariah and Cher thread and I didn’t see any drama about it or anyone reminding us every couple of pages the bundle thing give them a boost and “x sales were achieved only because of the bundle “ and bla bla bla.....

If you don't like what i post, simply ignore my posts

I didn't say anything bad about ticket bundles and if you've bothered to read what i wrote two posts ago, you would've seen that i praised M for making ticket bundles a mainstream thing. There's nothing wrong to say she got that #1 with the help of ticket bundles.

While a #1 album is great, i would rather have some kind of longevity, not a 1-77-out chart run.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 13:09

Quote Originally Posted by CandyShop View Post

I didn't say anything bad about ticket bundles and if you've bothered to read what i wrote two posts ago, you would've seen that i praised M for making ticket bundles a mainstream thing. There's nothing wrong to say she got that #1 with the help of ticket bundles.

While a #1 album is great, i would rather have some kind of longevity, not a 1-77-out chart run.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 13:35

Madame X is on sale on Amazon’s big event. The boxset is now £41, the vinyl is £17 and the cassette and CD (standard) are now both £6.

Manager
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 13:49

Madame X is on sale on Amazon’s big event. The boxset is now £41, the vinyl is £17 and the cassette and CD (standard) are now both £6.
    It’s officially over if it doesn’t sell now

Legend
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 13:58

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    It’s officially over if it doesn’t sell now
    It was over week 2

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 13:58

I choose to ignore or reply whatever I want, it’s not like u re immune to be questioned.

Madame X Chart run in Usa ( as u mentioned ) is terrible I agree, not finding excuse here, but also reflect the awkward BB rules ...... U.K. chart run (handled with different rules) is indeed way better .....

It is what it is

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 14:00

Is this for USA alone?