Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Mariah Carey - The Angels Advocate Tour

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu May 6th, 2010, 22:11

Quote Originally Posted by lambforever
    Quote Originally Posted by Loverboy
    Yes Mariah, go tour elsewhere. Leave the States for once...
    +1 i think it is desperately needed and i mean go everywhere mariah!!austrailia,brazil ,europe etc
    we've been waiting since '08 when she said she was touring here!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu May 6th, 2010, 22:17

Quote Originally Posted by Al3xSaid3
    Quote Originally Posted by lambforever
    Yes Mariah, go tour elsewhere. Leave the States for once...
    +1 i think it is desperately needed and i mean go everywhere mariah!!austrailia,brazil ,europe etc
    we've been waiting since '08 when she said she was touring here!
    And I guess we're not getting any tours any time soon this decade! :-? Is it much to ask for a lamb to see her diva dahhling betch?
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know Im going under..."

Manager
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by Fri May 7th, 2010, 03:54

she better get her ass up and tour everywhere if she wants another big album
    Proceed with Caution

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Tue May 18th, 2010, 18:13

This is not from the Angels Advocate Tour, but still it's more apropriate for me to post:

Mariah Performs at Giza Pyramids, Egypt
    Mariah performed before an enthusiastic crowd of about 3,000 people consisting of Executives and VIP guests in a concert for Etisalat's 3rd Anniversary celebration on Monday, May 17, 2010. The private concert was held at Pyramids Panorama.

Prior to taking the stage (set in the middle of the 3 Giza pyramids), an electrical fire broke out but Mariah saved the day by putting out the fire! She told everyone on Twitter:

Mariah Carey: In Egypt getting ready to go on stage and suddenly there was a surge of power and an electrical fire started under my feet! Wtf?! Naturally,my emergency instincts kicked in and I put out the flames w/a towel. Lol(yet true) The funny thing about this ish is an ol'skool radio station in the other room started playing "aww freak out!"@that exact moment! But other than that the trip was a smash... : )

After her concert, Mariah stopped by the pyramids for a few minutes to take some pictures. She also made a stop by the Citadel which was beautifully lit at night and then went straight back to her hotel. She is scheduled to leave Egypt on Tuesday, May 18th at 7:00am Cairo time.

SETLIST
    01. It's Like That
    02. Dreamlover
    03. Shake It Off
    04. Touch My Body
    05. I'll Be There with Trey Lorenz
    06. Emotions
    07. Always Be My Baby
    08. Honey
    09. My All
    10. Obsessed
    11. We Belong Together
    12. Hero
    13. Without You

CONCERT TIDBITS [Thanks to Chadi!]
    After the first song ("It's Like That"), she said that she was so excited being in Egypt for the first time. She looks behind her at the pyramids and says, "Wow! I can't believe I'm standing here. I mean you guys you're maybe used to it, but us [points to Trey Lorenz] 'that man comes from a town with 300 people only' then follows by saying, 'And I'm from New York.'

When "Dreamlover" was over, she said that the organizer for the party told her to perform classics due to the crowd being older. But she says, "I have to do this," and starts singing "Shake It Off."

At the end of "I'll Be There," Mariah and Trey kept singing to each other after the "call my name " part. Trey sings: "Mariah, they are in such a good mood..."

After "I'll Be There," Mariah left the stage for a break while Trey performed "Rock With You." She comes back with "Emotions" and says, "I don't know if you remember this, from my second album." She hit all the notes live!

"I'm gonna do something I wrote with JD. Maybe you're familiar with it." Sings "Always Be My Baby."

"I don't know if you guys know it, but it's from the Butterfly album, my favorite album. It's actually my favorite music video." Performs "Honey."

"Let's start with the guitar!" Then "My All" starts.

After singing "Obsessed," she starts talking to Trey about the next song, "Remember this song? The song of the decade, right? How many weeks at number one, Trey? Remind me." Trey goes, "16? 17?" Then she says, "I don't know how we did it!" Then she starts off with "We Belong Together."

The final two songs were "Hero," and "Without You." Mariah didn't change, she wore the same black dress all throughout the show. Check out a video clip of Mariah's superb performance of "Without You" below!

PHOTOS
    http://www.mariahjournal.com/picturegal ... ahira1.jpg

http://www.mariahjournal.com/picturegal ... chadi2.jpg

http://www.mariahjournal.com/picturegal ... chadi1.jpg

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bvDsMeZ ... r_embedded

So, her definition of "classics for old people" covers "Obsessed", "Shake it Off", "It's Like That" and "Touch My Body"

Her voice is still cool

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Tue May 18th, 2010, 18:25

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    she shud skip sio because it's become bland
    Oh, definitely! I'm still shocked she left out "Vision of Love" :-?

Manager
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by Tue May 18th, 2010, 20:21

yep sio should have been left out and be replaced by a classic like vol etc
    Proceed with Caution

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

by Tue May 18th, 2010, 21:33

Yeah, I hate her faster songs live now! SIO studio version is still my sh*t though.

And I think she's kinda scared to sing VOL now because she knows she would have to sing it completely live and she's not confident in her voice enough to do that yet.
    The Queen. Period.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Tue May 18th, 2010, 21:41

I just wish she'd knock

Hero
    Shake It Off

From the things she sings!

Replace them with

Underneath The Stars
    I'll Be There
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know Im going under..."

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by Tue May 18th, 2010, 21:45

Quote Originally Posted by therealestMC
    Yeah, I hate her faster songs live now! SIO studio version is still my sh*t though.

And I think she's kinda scared to sing VOL now because she knows she would have to sing it completely live and she's not confident in her voice enough to do that yet.

Yeah true she never lips VOL BUT I do after say that even at her lowest vocal moments she always pulls that song off for some reason.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Wed May 19th, 2010, 01:26

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynae

Yeah true she never lips VOL BUT I do after say that even at her lowest vocal moments she always pulls that song off for some reason.
    She never lips 2 songs forever in her life: Vision of Love and make it happen. It's quite sad that she started lipped Hero since 2009 (The bridge part)

by Wed May 19th, 2010, 01:29

Quote Originally Posted by zhicheng23

She never lips 2 songs forever in her life: Vision of Love and make it happen. It's quite sad that she started lipped Hero since 2009 (The bridge part)
    She's actually lipped Make It Happen before in 2007, and shes been lipping Hero since 96.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Wed May 19th, 2010, 01:33

[quote=AWE]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stevyy":2h4u8elp

She's actually lipped Make It Happen before in 2007, and shes been lipping Hero since 96.[/quote:2h4u8elp]

All her "Hero" performance has been different till 2009 when she record the new version, she lipped the bridge. Did she even perform make it happen at 2007? You mean TAOM tour? I'm 100% clear she did not lip make it happen.

by Wed May 19th, 2010, 01:39

[quote=zhicheng23][quote=AWE]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Loverboy":3ihaqixw
    Quote Originally Posted by "stevyy":3ihaqixw

She's actually lipped Make It Happen before in 2007, and shes been lipping Hero since 96.[/quote:3ihaqixw]

All her "Hero" performance has been different till 2009 when she record the new version, she lipped the bridge. Did she even perform make it happen at 2007? You mean TAOM tour? I'm 100% clear she did not lip make it happen.[/quote:3ihaqixw]

No, I mean 2007. She performed it at Disneyland in Paris, and it was lipped. She started lipping Hero in 1996 on Oprah (The last note is actually the same note from her Hero performance in Tokyo dome 96'). She also has lipped it numerous times on the Rainbow, Charmbracelet.. and even TEOM tour.

by Sat March 9th, 2019, 02:15

I was at the NY new years had far seats but it was really fun!!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

by Sat March 9th, 2019, 13:52

I remember watching that on youtube or another service online. She sounded sooo Good on that tour!
    Underneath The Stars

Manager
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

by Sat March 9th, 2019, 19:21

Vocals on this tour were very underrated