X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blizzy
    Superstar
    • 26 Mar 2006

Paul Kalkbrenner - Sky And Sand

I dont know if there was a topic about this yet but I love this track. Gotta be a worldwide club hit. Sounds so epic

http://www.tikoim.de/2008/09/lyrics-zu- ... -sand.html

No - there hasn't been a thread on this, and it is a fantastic track from a great movie soundtrack (even if the movie itself, "Berlin Calling", isn't quite up to the same level).

This spent 4 weeks at Number 1 in my chart last summer, and spent 4 weeks at Number 2 in Flanders last February/March while reaching Number 7 here in the Netherlands back in June...

Video

You didn't credit Paul's brother Fritz - he wrote and sang the lyrics.

Comment

• Frederic
      Legend
      • 02 Jul 2005

I never got the fuss about this song.

Comment

• CZB
        Legend
        • 20 Jan 2006

This was one of my favourite tracks of 2009 too - it was my record of the month last February, and has remained in my top forty ever since, reaching number one in June and July.

In Belgium it was stuck at number two behind "Poker Face", but outsold the majority of the other number ones of the year, becoming the eighth best-seller of 2009.

However, apart from spending several weeks in the Dutch charts, it doesn't seem to have spread any further. While I would be delighted if it did, after all this time I fear that's now unlikely.
        ~~~~~~~ Counting down 1st - 5th January 2024 - The UKMixParade Top 200 of 2023 ~~~~~~~

Comment

• Grybop
          Legend
          • 16 Jun 2003

Quality tune. There is a kind of epic feel to it indeed.

Comment

Working...