View Poll Results: How many £'s spend on clothes a month?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 50

25 53.19%
  • 51-100

7 14.89%
  • 101-200

8 17.02%
  • 201+

7 14.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you spend on clothes?

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 12:25

I was just wondering how much money you guys spend on clothes in a month.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:12

Quote Originally Posted by theberen
    Needs a 'less than...' option
    Yeah I rarely ever waste my money on new clothes for myself these days, despite what I just wrote in the other thread - and even then those are usually one-off purchases I make perhaps a couple of times a year. I usually go months without buying any new clothes at all - most of the new clothes I've aquired over the last year have been presents (which I pick out for myself, of course).
    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:15

Same. I'm a teenager, I don't earn money! :( I'll get soem clothes 1 month and then go months without getting more tbh.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:20

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik
    Same. I'm a teenager, I don't earn money! :( I'll get soem clothes 1 month and then go months without getting more tbh.
    Gosh, same! If I earned more I'd be out there pimping my ride daily!

I haven't bought any clothes for myself since before Christmas, but I'm normally okay with my wardrobe if I update it once in a while with a couple of new pieces.

gaz_uk - Waste? How is it wasting money when you're buying clothes?!

Legend
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:22

Please remember were a UK based site so I've changed your options.
    I easily spend over 200.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:26

I'd be pimping my ride loads too beren! I've gotten a hoodie, t-shirt and a shirt after Christmas and desperately need a new pair of jeans! (preferably light jeans, skinny, buy not too skinny. Loose skinny )

Then I'll probably have to do without till like the summer season whhen I'll neeed loads of clothes for camp. Ps. I'm so jealous of your +200 every month Sholas! And thanks for adding the cheap option to the poll.

I always get my parents to pay as much as possible though they only do if it's something I need.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:41

gaz_uk - Waste? How is it wasting money when you're buying clothes?!
    Haha... Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love to clothes shop but with all the bills/rent/council tax/food that I have to account for monthly I do think it's a bit of a waste spending money on clothes. Especially considering I have so many clothes that I rarely ever wear anymore.

I don't really follow the latest fashion trends though, so I never feel to need to update my wardrobe very often.

But yes, it does feel great when you come home from a day out shopping with lots of nice things for yourself. I went on a mini-shopping spree on Monday, with some of the money I received over Christmas, and I really did feel so much better for it.
    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Legend
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 13:59

+200 every month Sholas!
    For me, every night out is a fashion show (of some sorts) I like wearing a new outfit, I hate to look in my wardrobe and have to pick things from items I've worn before, I end up having to look through photos on facebook and see how long it's been since I've worn something...it's that borderline OCD?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 14:23

I'd be pimping my ride loads too beren! I've gotten a hoodie, t-shirt and a shirt after Christmas and desperately need a new pair of jeans! (preferably light jeans, skinny, buy not too skinny. Loose skinny )

Then I'll probably have to do without till like the summer season whhen I'll neeed loads of clothes for camp. Ps. I'm so jealous of your +200 every month Sholas! And thanks for adding the cheap option to the poll.

I always get my parents to pay as much as possible though they only do if it's something I need.
    Thumbs up for the loose skinny! I can't stand people who wear uber-skinny jeans as it just looks like a couple of pencils tottering around.

Shame you wear hoodies though :(

Shane you are despicable! (I say that because I'm envious of the fact you have enough money to do such things.) Bordeline OCD? That's just out-&-out craziness

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 14:46

I'm a teenager too and i do not have a monthly income.

I like to be indipendent and i hate to ask money to my mum, so i worked this summer and i earned about 3,000 (2,700 pounds or 4,300 US dollars)

Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 14:54

I spent 560 reais(= 205 pounds) when I bought 2 shirts last month in a Salvador store and I spent the same in a Armani t-shirt in San Paulo.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 15:18

Thumbs up for the loose skinny! I can't stand people who wear uber-skinny jeans as it just looks like a couple of pencils tottering around.

Yeah it just looks ridiculous when guys where really skinny jeans! And now topman have brought in those ridiculous looking stretch skinny jeans ie. 40 jeggings for men!

Aww why the hoodie shame? :( They're so warm and cosy + they call it a Surf Fleece in Hollister so ha! They aren't chavvy hoodies though, they're great <3

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Brit
    I'm a teenager too and i do not have a monthly income.

I like to be indipendent and i hate to ask money to my mum, so i worked this summer and i earned about 3,000 (2,700 pounds or 4,300 US dollars)

;)
    Yeah but I'm only 15 so I'm only one year off the legal working age ;) Plus I look younger so I couldn't pass off. This summe I hope to get a Summer job however after my GCSE's if I can! (And if they think I look old enough! )

Then hopefully I can get myself a laptop!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 15:34

Yeah it just looks ridiculous when guys where really skinny jeans! And now topman have brought in those ridiculous looking stretch skinny jeans ie. 40 jeggings for men!

Aww why the hoodie shame? :( They're so warm and cosy + they call it a Surf Fleece in Hollister so ha! They aren't chavvy hoodies though, they're great <3
    *Washes eyes vigorously* Okay so they're not that bad but they're still hoodies & even worse they're from Hollister! :x :x That place is disgusting.

I have a friend who has a pair of majeggings - it looks like a pair of denim jeans but feels & fits like a pair of tracksuit bottoms :-? Different caresses for different messes, I suppose...

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 15:54

lol I love Hollister it smells so good + the clothes are great! So soft and warm! <3 There's always queues to get in here though! I can already imagine the reasons why you it's 'disgusting' Oh and Pull And Bear is great too. River Island & Topman are good although H&M is better for cheap stuff! Random places are obviosuly good too

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 15:58

I say "less than 50"... even though my closet is getting full anyway.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 16:03

lol I love Hollister it smells so good + the clothes are great! So soft and warm! <3 There's always queues to get in here though! I can already imagine the reasons why you it's 'disgusting' Oh and Pull And Bear is great too. River Island & Topman are good although H&M is better for cheap stuff! Random places are obviosuly good too
    Did you mean 'why you think it's 'disgusting'? If so, how come?

Ooh I quite like Pull & Bear actually, despite the horrendous name. River Island is okay, don't buy much from there, though Topman is MY LIFE.

Surprised they have P&B in N.I. though. Have you guys got Uni-qlo?

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 16:31

Did you mean 'why you think it's 'disgusting'? If so, how come?

Ooh I quite like Pull & Bear actually, despite the horrendous name. River Island is okay, don't buy much from there, though Topman is MY LIFE.

Surprised they have P&B in N.I. though. Have you guys got Uni-qlo?
    I mean't why YOU think it's disgusting but now I'm getting confused! I actually quite like the name Pull & Bear actually, even though I don't have a clue what it's meant to mean! One opened pretty recently in the new super shopping area of town 'Victoria Square. I think it's the only one in N.I. I've never heard of Uni-qlo apart from that Rohan bought a coat from there in one of these threads!

Topman is class though too epxensive IMO! Everything was XXL by the name I made the sales! :( They have such a ghreat selection of sizes and clothes though!

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 16:31

There are no Uniqlo stores in the UK other than in the South East

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/

Pull & Bear have a far greater presence, concentrated mostly in Europe/Middle East, which should be obvious from their pricetags! Though I was surprised to see that there are more stores in the Republic of Ireland (5) than in all of the UK (4), even though all their concessions in the now-defunct Roches Stores chain are gone.

http://www.pullbear.com/#/stores/

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 16:50

I mean't why YOU think it's disgusting but now I'm getting confused! I actually quite like the name Pull & Bear actually, even though I don't have a clue what it's meant to mean! One opened pretty recently in the new super shopping area of town 'Victoria Square. I think it's the only one in N.I. I've never heard of Uni-qlo apart from that Rohan bought a coat from there in one of these threads!

Topman is class though too epxensive IMO! Everything was XXL by the name I made the sales! :( They have such a ghreat selection of sizes and clothes though!
    :x They never seem to have an S size in the sales! I think I've only ever bought one number that actually fit me from a sale. Why are men so fecking skinny in this country?

Hmm I think Topman's prices are just about right for what they sell. You need to come to London at some point - they have TWO MASSIVE FLOORS of stock at the Oxford Street branch

Legend
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 17:09

I hate that Topman on Oxford St, everything is squashed in (clothes and people) and I spent the whole last time I was in there more preoccupied by the group of guys shoplifting than I did browsing for clothes.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 17:48

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian
    I spent 560 reais(= 205 pounds) when I bought 2 shirts last month in a Salvador store and I spent the same in a Armani t-shirt in San Paulo.
    Wow. This is so much for Brazil's standards, isn't it?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 17:55

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusic
    it"]I'm a teenager too and i do not have a monthly income.

;)
    Yeah but I'm only 15 so I'm only one year off the legal working age ;) Plus I look younger so I couldn't pass off. This summe I hope to get a Summer job however after my GCSE's if I can! (And if they think I look old enough! )

Then hopefully I can get myself a laptop!
    I'm 1 year older than you
    I already have my own laptop, so i spend all my money on clothes and friends

ps. Work is rewarding too! You feel better after earning money

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu January 7th, 2010, 17:55

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian
    Wow. This is so much for Brazil's standards, isn't it?
    Yes.