Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: What's your religion?

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-05-17, 22:50

Can someone tell me what muslims really think of gay people and women's rights...? because the media do not portray muslims well at all, based on what the media show (cruelty, brutal violence, unfair treatment of women etc) it's understandable people think negatively of muslims and do not want any association with it when that is all they are shown.

I do not know anything about most religions as I don't want any part of that (as most religions seem to have a dark underbelly) but I am curious as to why muslims are portrayed so badly even without the whole extremists claiming to be Muslim thing.

Do we have any Muslim people here who will discuss?

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by 25-05-17, 22:53

It depends on the individual I think, as with most religions
    Although yes, homosexuality is outlawed in predominant Muslim countries which is what the media often cite

Legend
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-05-17, 22:54

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    I believe the majority of religious people... like true believers to be the most narrow minded and hypocritical ppl in the world.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-05-17, 23:26

Homosexuality was pretty much normal everywhere before the big religions. Romans and Greeks were at it lmao

I even read that some Native Indians had 5 genders before Europeans came and forbid it.
    be kind to every kind

Legend
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-05-17, 23:37

Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Homosexuality was pretty much normal everywhere before the big religions. Romans and Greeks were at it lmao

I even read that some Native Indians had 5 genders before Europeans came and forbid it.
    religion - regardless which one - has never brought upon progress... never ever.

For me personally, it is an invention of seriously sick people. I believe in spirituality in general... but corporate religion... which is the thing we got in like 100BC until today is pure evil from the core to the periphery.

I literally know no religous person who is not a bad person. I seriously don't.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-05-17, 20:23

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    I believe the majority of religious people... like true believers to be the most narrow minded and hypocritical ppl in the world.
    True believers are very open minded and have no problems with gays at all.
    That's why they are TRUE believers.

Fake believers, however, claim to be living by their holy book, but misuse it to hate and hide behind their religion.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Superstar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-05-17, 21:02

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay

Fake believers, however, claim to be living by their holy book, but misuse it to hate and hide behind their religion.
    i had this neighbour once in the street where I lived as a kid... and she was very fundamental christian... going to church 3 times a week, praying before eating everyday (and multiple times - well whenever they ate sth really) going on missionary trips to Africa and Alaska etc... and when I visited them in like 2008 or so... I mentioned the word Muslim once and the mother in that family went on a tirade of how she despises them and their faith etc.

I was best friends as a kid with the son of a pastor in my city... and once when I was over there... he forbade me use his computer bc i wasn't christian enough.

I was also friends with another girl from another family in the same street as a kid whose father had sent me home in anger when I said that I believe Jesus wasn't real and that he was only a concept of goodness that everyone has to discover in his own heart.

Those are 3 examples of my childhood, real life experience...of how the strongest believers appeared to be the most bitter and dumb people who I've ever met.

Then you read about the POPE who forbids Aids ridden Africa to use condoms... or other religious groups who forbid their congregation to celebrate birthdays or communicate with people outside of their faiths.

Then there are the catholic priests who rape little boys.

Then we have the republicans who hate everyone and everything that is against the bible.

And then you have the rest who take parts out of the bible and out of context who switch these parts around interpret them in various ways -depending on what their agenda is.

I learned from this that nobody who truly follows corporate religion is a good human being - in my experience.

I live after Immanuel Kant's philosophy (categorial imperative) and just love life and everything that's living out of respect for LIFE itself. That's my "religion" and it is the only way that I find smart.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-05-17, 21:20

^ Those people are what I call fake believers. They are far from true believers IMO.
    They hide behind their religion.
    "I have nothing against gay people, but my religion..."
    It takes a lot for those people to come out and say that they themselves have a problem with gay people.
    They find it hard to openly say how hateful they are and they find it easier to hide behind a religion.
    While the truth is that most religions embrace everyone.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Superstar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-05-17, 21:21

Those are 3 examples of my childhood, real life experience...of how the strongest believers appeared to be the most bitter and dumb people who I've ever met.
    It just makes me sad as a Christian to read this, that you had such bad experiences.
    Those were not true believers. Just strong believers.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 27-05-17, 10:26

I'm agnostic but I do have a friend that's incredibly religious, and surprisingly he is a nice guy a somewhat open-minded.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 11-10-18, 20:57

The older I get, the less I understand why people follow a religion.

Manager
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stanning talent is my curse: Rihanna - Dua Lipa - Madonna - Ariana Grande & many other snatchedT Popstitutes
    #No Dusty Divas Allowed

Manager
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 11-10-18, 21:02

Quote Originally Posted by Colbie
    It just makes me sad as a Christian to read this, that you had such bad experiences.
    Those were not true believers. Just strong believers.
    Such a thing doesn't exist. Everyone has their own different definitions of what a "true believer" is.
    Stanning talent is my curse: Rihanna - Dua Lipa - Madonna - Ariana Grande & many other snatchedT Popstitutes
    #No Dusty Divas Allowed

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 11-10-18, 21:02

Quote Originally Posted by aRat
    Dua Lipism
    Yasssss
    Follow Me On Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 11-10-18, 22:46

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary
    I'm an evangelical Pastafarian
    Elaborate please, but not an essay
    Follow Me On Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Manager
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 11-10-18, 22:51

Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    I'm an evangelical Pastafarian
    He stans the SpaGODti Monster.

#No Dusty Divas Allowed

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 12-10-18, 06:17

I believe The Flying Spaghetti Monster, who loves short people like myself, drunkenly created the world last Tuesday and planted all the information into our minds (yes, Madonna's entire career is His fabrication!). When we die, we will go to heaven with beer volcanos and stripper factories. Not that I'd like either, but I'm not the FSM, I don't get to choose what to have in heaven.

We have a gospel and I am an ordained minister. I've put up my certification in my kitchen above the stove.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 14-10-18, 20:53

I believe The Flying Spaghetti Monster, who loves short people like myself, drunkenly created the world last Tuesday and planted all the information into our minds (yes, Madonna's entire career is His fabrication!). When we die, we will go to heaven with beer volcanos and stripper factories. Not that I'd like either, but I'm not the FSM, I don't get to choose what to have in heaven.

We have a gospel and I am an ordained minister. I've put up my certification in my kitchen above the stove.
    I've only heard of this religion very recently. It was all over the news here when someone insisted on wearing a colander on her head for a passport photograph.

Manager
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 14-10-18, 21:12

I've only heard of this religion very recently. It was all over the news here when someone insisted on wearing a colander on her head for a passport photograph.
    Yeah remember that too. Iconic.
    #No Dusty Divas Allowed

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 14-10-18, 22:12

To be honest, wearing a colander has no grounding in our Gospel, and is merely a recent invention by some of our non-traditionalists. But the Prophet approves of the practice, so who am I to judge against that as a humble minister?

It would make more sense to me to dress up as a pirate, as pirates are The Flying Spaghetti Monster's favourite people.