Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Björk

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun January 9th, 2011, 17:46

^*Goes to play it*

Anyways,im in love with One Day these days. It reminds me of summer days,dunno why
    Pleasure over matter.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 9th, 2011, 17:51

I've been digging into the relation which Thom and Björk share. And I clearly feel Thom has a huge artistic crush on Björk. I was satisfied when I found this.

In a 2006 interview with Spin magazine, Radiohead singer Thom Yorke named "Unravel" as his favourite song ever, and said, "I'm trying to get Radiohead to do a cover because I think it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard."

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun January 9th, 2011, 17:55

That was an amazing song though

Im downloading the movie,my sister told me it's incredible
    Pleasure over matter.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 9th, 2011, 17:59

I am so glad you liked it RaFanatic.

I am feeling ashamed of how I always underrated Thom. The way he complements Björk on this song is just magical. I can't believe how emotional I am at the moment.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun January 9th, 2011, 18:00

Quote Originally Posted by skapunk
    I am so glad you liked it RaFanatic.

I am feeling ashamed of how I always underrated Thom. The way he complements Björk on this song is just magical. I can't believe how emotional I am at the moment.

Im so glad you mentioned it Thanks.
    Pleasure over matter.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 9th, 2011, 18:11

The infamous Swan Dress performance at the Oscars

I've Seen It All was nominated for 'Best Original Song' in 2001.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 9th, 2011, 23:24

YEEES I've Seen It All is soo beautiful. Acceptance to and to cope with things you cannot control. Of course it fits perfectly to Dancer In The Dark.

I've seen it all, I have seen the trees,
    I've seen the willow leaves dancing in the breeze
    I've seen a man killed by his best friend,
    And lives that were over before they were spent.
    I've seen what I was - I know what I'll be
    I've seen it all - there is no more to see!

You haven't seen elephants, kings or Peru!
    I'm happy to say I had better to do
    What about China? Have you seen the Great Wall?
    All walls are great, if the roof doesn't fall!

And the man you will marry?
    The home you will share?
    To be honest, I really don't care...

You've never been to Niagara Falls?
    I have seen water, its water, that's all...
    The Eiffel Tower, the Empire State?
    My pulse was as high on my very first date!
    Your grandson's hand as he plays with your hair?
    To be honest, I really don't care...

I've seen it all, I've seen the dark
    I've seen the brightness in one little spark.
    I've seen what I chose and I've seen what I need,
    And that is enough, to want more would be greed.
    I've seen what I was and I know what I'll be
    I've seen it all - there is no more to see!

You've seen it all and all you have seen
    You can always review on your own little screen
    The light and the dark, the big and the small
    Just keep in mind - you need no more at all
    You've seen what you were and know what you'll be
    You've seen it all - there is no more to see!

Sometimes I think I've seen too many things and not given me the time to replay them on my little screen and then they burst out and make me psych.

Anyway, I never watched a video from the Medúlla era. I just realized that and now how I am exited to get to watch them because there is internet and I can watch everything but yet that's the problem again with my little screen awh vicious circle hello again...

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 01:17

Just saw Triumph Of A Heart video. So funny and I want a cat BUT I screamed so loud at her falling onto the pavement. Ahh that hurt!

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 07:18

"...eeeh the air pressure forces the molecules? to go tiny..."

Hmm, I have a feeling this might be a slightly disturbed/weird/fuzzy post with some incoherent Björk-related theories - I'm far away from being what people call "sober" at the moment - so excuse me for that!

I dont want to be rude, but One Day comes to mind as probably Björks only "bad" song that whole album is quite summary to be honest The Anchor Song - yikes, how beautiful!!

What can I say, congratulations my dear skapunk - I can still remember every detail in every second from my days with I've Seen It All - it could give me a sense of being entirely empty on emotions. Paralyzed, hollow, and becoming completely apathetic due to all that I've been through, through all that I've seen. Simple lyrics, but with an avoidable terror for some.

And admit that Thom Yorke's love for Unravel must've some sort of connection with your own obsession to that beloved lament.. By the way, I sense a emotionally devestating, nostalgic awakening when you guys are discovering Björk related things in "that" way for the first time so damn jealous and makes me feel real old NEW ALBUM PLEASE BJÖRK, things that I've carved into my mind, her influence is immense!!

RaFanatic - I'd really enjoy reading your thoughts about the movie sometime!! I saw it, I guess several times during one week, run over by Björks talent and the self-recognition in a disturbed mind with melancholy lingering all around. Be patient with the movie, it might come of as slow and just too fuzzy at first. Selmasongs - - - > a classic movie soundtrack!

I want to try and cover all the interesting discussion that's been going on in this golden thread, and finally (in this long and maybe mega-stupid post) what chun1702 wrote about having troubles experiencing the intented concept that links together all 10 tracks for the Volta album. Personally I interpret one of the primary intentions behind Homogenic's production to be more consistent with Volta's soundscape, namely a sonic presentation of the unique Icelandic landscape and the pulse within earth and how humans are connected with this mysterious force.

For me, Volta opens a peephole into humanitys inability to unite with natures immortality, and how natures indefinable power continue to function inside and outside human beings and lies hidden even within our "consciousness". Throughout the whole record Björks manages to combine tragic poetry about us escaping from uncertainty only to fall back into the same mind, and poetry about how various characters' careless determination collides with a disastrous result for an inner security/balance. This, along with the "monstrously" haunting and threatening but also somehow fragile build-up of Wanderlust's beats is a example of when a human spirit seep into "vacuum".

It's like Voltas concept lies hidden within a metaphorical jungle both in music and lyrics, it's a journey with the purpose of discovering something original we all share, something un-explored but constantly present. To find this and try to protect the value of Nature, a gathering place for ourselves and the unknown.

Well... if not.... then Volta is all about experimenting with heavy beats and a brass choir, or just the results of Björks delight with Mr. Fungus Funk!

Almost forgot... - - - > Where Is The Line?

Elastic
    Capacity
    Flexible

Thank you Björk for giving me these key-words for having the best sex, and also for your magical concert in Blackpool 2 years ago, when you, without not being able to imagine it, introduced the audience to WITL? WOW!!!!

Volta is like my baby, Pneumonia being my very first Björk hit, and to be honest... the album is no doubt better than Debut, Post and Homogenic - I consider Volta + Vespertine & Medúlla to be, from several perspectives/views superior to the first three albums as these mentioned has a "stronger personality" - - quite speechless now, but it's like the first 3 are more albums with songs, whereas the V, V and M songs are assembled as a puzzle, like a riddle - as if all 3 of them were someone you knew.

(Except maybe Homogenic, as it is almost on the same majestic level) however.... Vindrag: shut up! OK! declare independence
    Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
    and you are no exception

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 10:02

Oh my! I am so happy to see you all open up in this thread.

chun1702, Medulla videos are easily one of her best. Oceania, Where Is The Line?, Who Is It and Triumph Of A Heart are just artistic best.
    I love the Triumph Of A Heart video. I love the pub scene in the middle when they make those noises, and the funny dance at the end. And yeah, an extra was used for that falling scene, just for your information.
    And I am glad to know you love I've Seen It All as well. You can always PM me if you ever want to talk about the emotions Bjork awakens in you. I'll always be there.

Vindrag, Wow, that was one amazing post. Read it twice.
    I still haven't recovered from the impact of the song. I am still unfolding to it. It has completely shaken my deep hollow soul, still reverberating. I am exactly feeling what you felt. This is the only song I've cried to after Sade's "Pearls", not because its very sad, but just because it resonates with me. Its not a weep of sorrow, but of a sudden realisation.

I would like to add something. I completely agree with you about Vespertine, Medulla and Volta. Those three are my favorite too. But we have to agree, Debut, Post and Homogenic prepare us for V,M,V. They make the transition from meaningless music we have been hearing all the way till now to something magical easier. They make our souls worthy of the emotions V.M.V would invoke is us.

And Vindrag, you can always start all over again with Bjork. I've noticed that about her discography. There is always something more to explore.

'Unravel'...well, what do I say. I have kinda grown out of the song. Though I hate to admit it, but maybe its because of 'I've Seen It All', which has taken over me. I still love the song, and I totally understand why Thom Yorke does too.

I love your love for Volta. Honestly, I still haven't opened up to the album like I have opened up to Medulla. But trust me, I will reach there soon.

God, I just can't stop talking about her and her music. I am sorry but you all might see me talking to myself here a lot.

And RaFanatic, I agree with Vindrag, You should watch the movie and review it here. I would love to know your opinion. I haven't seen the movie myself though. Will have to watch it soon.

Aurooraaa...aaaa aaa aaa aaa aaaa...aaaa aaa aaaaaaaa ooo ooo ooo ooo oo oooooooo....Utter Mundane...

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 11:51

Thanks guys I will review it right after watchint

And,i really enjoyed reading those posts from you
    Pleasure over matter.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 18:01

Great RaFanatic.

So what do you guys think? Which is a better duet?

With Anthony Hegarty on 'Dull Flame Of Desire' or Thom Yorke on 'I've Seen It All'?

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 20:05

With Anthony Hegarty on 'Dull Flame Of Desire' or Thom Yorke on 'I've Seen It All'?
    They are both outstanding.

Next I would be excited if she did a collaboration with Philip Glass, in the same direction as

Knee Play 3
    Lightning

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 20:10

Quote Originally Posted by Vindrag

I consider Volta + Vespertine & Medúlla to be, from several perspectives/views superior to the first three albums
    Agreed. And agreed that you have to be prepared for them by the first three albums, as skapunk pointed out.

..and life's too short to be NOT discussing Björk. So keep posting right here!

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 01:08

Both tracks I love but I chose Thom Yorke mostly cause his and Björks interaction feels almost impulsive (natural) and they're expressing on similar level of emotions - perfection!?

I enjoy Anthony even more on the ending Volta track, ´My Juvenile´, as DFOD might be me least favourite (altough still being a great track) - I dont experience their interaction as being performed together.

Instead the Modeselektor Remix For Boys topped my personal chart, instead of the original!

I love how there's finally some life in one of my favoruite artists threads, everyone in here is awesome!!!!!
    Luc

and you are no exception

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 02:06

chun1702, Medulla videos are easily one of her best. Oceania, Where Is The Line?, Who Is It and Triumph Of A Heart are just artistic best.
    I love the Triumph Of A Heart video. I love the pub scene in the middle when they make those noises, and the funny dance at the end. And yeah, an extra was used for that falling scene, just for your information.
    Yeah, after screaming out loud I reasoned "could be she didn't do this herself". Thank you, skapunk, I am relieved now.

Theee triumph of a heaaaart
    that gives aaall
    That gives aaall

Now I am going for the other Medúlla videos. Oceania is next.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 02:13

The Oceania video is beautiful, stylish, artistic + an endless list of other positive adjectives!!

You guys should get the Medúlla Documentary Dvd - it's very fascinating to hear how the album came to be such a innovative/original compilation of the voice.

Desired Constellation
    Luc

and you are no exception

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 08:51

The Oceania video is beautiful, stylish, artistic + an endless list of other positive adjectives!!

You guys should get the Medúlla Documentary Dvd - it's very fascinating to hear how the album came to be such a innovative/original compilation of the voice.

Desired Constellation
    Yes! Oceania video is beautiful. Amazing animation work there. I am also very enchanted by the strange video of 'Nature Is Ancient'.

I would love to get the DVD. Medulla's strength lies in how is was made. Just so raw and skillful. Only Bjork can carry off an album just on her (and other's) voice.

I agree with both of you, chun1702, both DFOD and ISIA are incredible, but I also agree with Vindrag, ISIA is better. Yorke and Bjork share an amazing chemistry. I secretly wish they both divorce their respective spouses and get together and make amazing music for the rest of their lives. Full of love and compassion. But yes, obviously in the next birth, she is going to be my wife.

I love this thread.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 08:54

Quote Originally Posted by chun1702

Correction. Its...

"...eeeh the airrr prrresurre forrces the molecules? to go tiny..."

I love her "R"s..

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 13:08

Correction. Its...

"...eeeh the airrr prrresurre forrces the molecules? to go tiny..."

I love her "R"s..
    I also love her pronounciation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj76IdQFzU8
    at 3:00 minutes

"I'm not surrrrrre [...] sevenhundrred meterrrs of fabrrrric."

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 18:53

Loved that video. Hilarious! I can listen to her talk the whole day.

Anyways, can anyone explain me what does she mean by this line in 'Oceania'?

"Your sweat is salty, I am why."

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 19:10

Anyways, can anyone explain me what does she mean by this line in 'Oceania'?

"Your sweat is salty, I am why."
    I never really pay attention to lyrics.
    After I read them maybe the sweat of humans is salty because humans came out of the (salty) ocean in an evolutionary perspective. So mother Oceania is the reason why our sweat is salty.

Any other interpretations?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 12th, 2011, 16:23

I am not really sure about what it means. But your interpretation seems pretty accurate. Thanks chun.

'All Neon Like' is so incredible, haunting, hypnotizing, enchanting, captivating, catchy and infectious. LOL, my vocabulary just went crazy there.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri January 14th, 2011, 14:22

If I were to make a psychedelic horror movie, I would definitely shoot the climax with 'Pluto' in the background. Man! That song is intense and hard! Freaky,scary yeah. I love how she makes you feel so many things. Sorrow, happiness, fear, love, warmth, lust...