Page 1 of 605 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Rihanna

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 12:09

Rihanna herself confirmed in this new interview, that shes working on a new album:

She says, "its in the early stages" but she cant wait for the people to hear it and its "unbelievable, so good" and we will hear it "soon....soon enough" and she cant say when but "we will know".

I think, thats enough confirmation for a thread + all the confirmed producers.

http://www.indemand.fm/Article.asp?id=1817646

Click on "Rihanna Part One" to hear it.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 12:14

No offense but how about we lets this era end and then open another topic. Too many riri topics as it is
    Forever Young

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 12:18

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru
    No offense but how about we lets this era end and then open another topic. Too many riri topics as it is
    Bc she confirmed it herself and i've seen other artist thread be open for over a year before, it was actually released or there was a title or anything (sasha fierce).

And, the mods use to say, as long as the artist confirmes it then its cool.

I mean, i let the mods decide but i think, it should be ok.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 13:01

All the news so far:

Exclusive: Rihanna Enlists Sean Garrett for Feel-Good Album

Little Miss Sunshine is coming back. After a brief trip to the dark side, Rihanna is about to brighten up the airwaves once again with a new album. Sean “The Pen” Garrett spills the details exclusively to Rap-Up.com.

With her current single “Rude Boy” climbing the charts, the Rihanna reign shows no sign of letting up. The pop princess is capitalizing off the momentum with the feel-good follow-up to November’s Rated R.

According to Garrett, the project is already underway. “I got a record on Rihanna’s new album,” reveals the hitmaker. “She’s got some surprises.”

After a tumultuous 2009, the singer is back in a good place with her fifth studio album. “The record I gave her was very, very positive, very big. It’s a fucking smash,” adds Garrett. “I gave her a humongous radio record. It’s just so infectious. It’s about getting past any drama and just being happy to be alive. It’s an encouraging record. It feels great and it’s got great tempo.”

Like some fans, he was surprised to hear the dark theme surrounding RiRi’s latest effort. “Whenever I think of Rihanna, it makes me happy. To be honest, I wasn’t really that excited about hearing her in a dark zone. I love Rihanna for being that girl… She’s like the lil’ fantasy chick—nice brown skin, beautiful woman with a Caribbean swagger that’s ridiculous.”

The man who’s penned hits for Beyoncé and Usher is confident his contribution will keep Rihanna at the top of the charts. “I made sure that it was bulletproof. It should be a single unless something crazy happens. It’s hot as fuck. I think it’s a record that’s gonna stay on the radio for a long time.”
    Timbaland and Rico Love Working on New Rihanna Album

In an exclusive interview with Rap-Up TV, Rico Love reveals that he was in the studio last week working on Rihanna’s new album with Timbaland. “We did some amazing, amazing records,” says the songwriter-producer known for his work with Beyoncé and Usher. “The energy was high. Timbaland is a genius.”

Rico shared a few more details about the project’s direction. “The tone of the music that I did for Rihanna with Timbaland is extremely sexy—amazingly sexy, aggressive, unapologetic. She’s one of the sexiest women in the world, so I wanted to make sure we did a record to showcase that.”

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 13:02

At the end she didnt waste just like that Rated R,im glad

BRING IT RiRi!!!
    Pleasure over matter.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 13:02

Taio Cruz – “50 Producers Are Working On Rihanna’s New Album”

The main girl in the professional life of Taio Cruz is now Rihanna. Taio has prepared some merry songs for the Barbados girl, pushing her from the dark sound of “Rated R”.

“There is a big writing camp with 50 other producers writing for Rihanna’s next album.

“They have hired out 20 to 30 different studios and had everyone in there collaborating, switching people around. Each person did about six or seven songs. It doesn’t normally work like that but she’s a huge artist.

While the artist is busy on tour and promoting the last record the label are out getting all the songs ready for the next album. As soon as Rihanna will be available from her tour, they will start recording the new songs.

Taio has also revealed that they’re working on some more “traditional perky pop” for Rihanna instead of the “hard edged” Rated R, and he also said he hopes to get in the studio with RiRi’s BFF Katy Perry for her new album.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 13:43

I'm glad she did 'Rated R' because it was a very artistic, creative record that showed us her ability as an artist.

However, I prefer her bangers like 'Disturbia'. I just wish she'd grow her damn hair back, we've been saying it for about the last three years !

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 14:02

Quote Originally Posted by Tom92
    I'm glad she did 'Rated R' because it was a very artistic, creative record that showed us her ability as an artist.
    Not really, it showed her management's ability more than her's.

Hopefully she'll go and do another album like GGGB but not rush release it. I want her to actually work on her performance technique and vocals. Is that too much to ask for?

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 14:11

Quote Originally Posted by alxx

[quote]

Not really, because the album sold alot less than GGGB, so it didnt exactly push their management to great new heights did it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 14:26

Not really, because the album sold alot less than GGGB, so it didnt exactly push their management to great new heights did it.
    No but it helped increase her artistic integrity, which to be honest, she still lacks a hell of a lot of. She's nothing more than an urban Britney in my opinion, giving hardly any input to her projects. The whole point of Rated R was to try and change people's views on that, and to try and make her look more edgy, but in my opinion most of her average listeners just want a normal pop album.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 15:14

I think from this point on Rihanna is going to have the say in what she does now. I do think she will continue to write on her albums.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 16:18

Her 2nd album was mehhhh. I however expect this one to be her biggest album to date.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 16:34

I really want a mash-up of Rated R and Good Girl Gone Bad on this album...
    But if i must choose between those two styles i will DEFINITELY go with Rated R
    Pleasure over matter.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 16:36

NO!!! Sean Garret is a secure flop. :x
    Riri there are a million producers better than him such as, David Guetta, RedOne, Stargate, and even Timbaland is better.

I hope she does a hot album like GGGBR in order to get her crown back. During the GGGBR era, she was the Gaga back then, and she def needs to recoup that. With this era, she is not having a lot of digital sales support, ex Rude Boy was 1 for five weeks and hasn't sold that many downloads compared to other songs with equal success and i hope she recovers in that front also.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 16:39

If Rihanna ditches the Dark Side and goes further with the "light" commercial side, she can become an icon not that she deserves it but facts are facts.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 16:43

Quote Originally Posted by rp662
    RedOne,
    Nooooo :-?
    And RiRi is already an icon for me
    Pleasure over matter.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 16:47

Quote Originally Posted by RaFanatic
    RedOne,
    Nooooo :-?
    And RiRi is already an icon for me
    Well so is Kelly for me.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleasure over matter.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 18:00

Didn't know you were there in the studio when she recorded Rated R? Seriously just because to you she SEEMS like a puppet doesn't mean it's true. I love how I am always able to tell what you're going to say in a Rihanna thread

Can't wait for this new album. Hopefully she, or as alxx said, "her management" can pull out something fresh out of the bag.
    Emeli | Taylor

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 18:01

Quote Originally Posted by Mooriah
    Didn't know you were there in the studio when she recorded Rated R? Seriously just because to you she SEEMS like a puppet doesn't mean it's true. I love how I am always able to tell what you're going to say in a Rihanna thread

Can't wait for this new album. Hopefully she can, or as alxx said "her management", can pull out something fresh out of the bag
    PREACHED GOOD GURL!! I missed yo! Welcome back!
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 18:07

Can't wait, she always delivers imo. I want a mix of Rude boy + Disturbia + Don't stop the music + Fire bomb.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 19:10

NO!!! Sean Garret is a secure flop. :x
    Riri there are a million producers better than him such as, David Guetta, RedOne, Stargate, and even Timbaland is better.
    Tbh I see that list of producers and go 'boring, boring, boring, boring and boring.

Its so much better to work with producers that are lesser known, and MAKE them known. This is how the best albums come IMO. Like With Gaga, she came along and since then RedOne has exploded, and like with Timbaland, Nelly Furtado's and Justins Albums were Timbalands 'big breaks' really.

I'd rather Rihanna did something like that, that would put her right on cutting edge again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 27th, 2010, 19:13

can't wait!

5th album already???

can't believe!

and she's only 22