Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Advice

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 10th, 2010, 21:14

I need relationship advice!... Id explain but I cant be arsed writing it all out!
    Beyhive #5491

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 10th, 2010, 23:35

Quote Originally Posted by IAmWill
    I need relationship advice!... Id explain but I cant be arsed writing it all out!
    OK, I need help! I dont like talking bout stuff like this but anyway...

Theres a certain guy who's catching my eye, he's really popular in my town everyone knows him and he's recently come out at Bisexual. However he's never had a relationship with a guy before and infact attracts alot of girls... anyway he's recently been coming over to me when im out or if just passing and saying hi and starting convo with me, he talks to me none stop on Facebook chat aswell and I get butterflies everytime, I really really like him!

The bad thing is, ive never had a relationship with a guy either. Ive had 'relations' before but not a relationship and im not officially out as Bi to everyone (only my best friends know) although if i came out tomorrow I dont think people would be THAT shocked, but still its real scary!

I dont know what to do incase he isn't interested in me and then ive just made a fool of myself and people will find out about my sexuality even though I dont feel ready or strong enough in myself to 'come out' yet and handle it in the way I want to! I grew up in a house where the LGBT community was far from praised which is why im worried about it all, I dont know what to do! I figured I would end up coming out within the next few years whilst im at Uni anyway as it's when it commonly happens (?)

This is confusing me as im writing it so if it doesnt make sense just ignore it lol!

In other words, I just need advice on what to do! I know some people will think this is weird or pointless and be like 'Just come out' my friends say that but if you knew my family, you'd understand better!
    Beyhive #5491

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 10th, 2010, 23:49

Well , don't come out for him , if you do it come out for yourself , when you're ready
    Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri August 13th, 2010, 17:52

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat August 14th, 2010, 12:52

Thank you both for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Steady
    I'm not sure it's a Uni thing though, you can do it anytime.
    I know that, but I know quite a few people who came out whilst they were at uni simply because theyre spending every day with people they have good friendships with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Steady
    I don't know this guy that you like, but talk to him see how he dealt with telling people? You might get closer to him in the process.
    I like this idea, thanks I will give this a try!
    Beyhive #5491

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat August 14th, 2010, 12:55

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat August 14th, 2010, 18:48

I shall, im seeing him tonight and im taking your advice with me
    Beyhive #5491

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun August 15th, 2010, 02:55

I'm just sort of 'floating along' atm, and hoping someone nice comes along

I said in another thread I didnt want to marry in the next 10 years, but, a girlfriend would be amazing. Someone to have amazing experiences with and enjoy myself, and give my life another dimension, a new talking point.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun August 15th, 2010, 17:09

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun August 15th, 2010, 19:58

I Am Will - I'd see him but tell him you want to keep it quiet - that automatically rings alarm bells normally so you should just be honest with him - say that you're not comfortable with people knowing about your sexuality, especially if you're not sure about it yourself and he should understand, and just don't tell anyone you don't want to. There's nothing wrong with experimenting, and if anyone asks, say that he's a friend until you're comfortable yourself to come out.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 17th, 2010, 23:51

^Thanks for the help guys, seriously if I hadnt had the advice id've probably just ignored the whole situation and im actually 100% glad I didnt!
    Beyhive #5491

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed August 18th, 2010, 10:34

do you guys think that age matters ?
    nekoo.cz - follow me

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu August 19th, 2010, 06:31

Depends on how big the gap is I reckon.

Everyone has different age limits, some don't mind going much older or younger, whereas others (like me) have restrictions/limits on how much younger or older they'd go.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu August 19th, 2010, 08:49

few days ago I met someone who is 15 years older ... and he is very interesting, I do not say it's love, but I like to share my time with him ...
    nekoo.cz - follow me

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu August 19th, 2010, 20:37

Quote Originally Posted by nekoo3372
    do you guys think that age matters ?
    It depends. I dated a guy in his late 30's when I was 18, and we were really compatible, but sometimes it got kind of awkward when we began talking about pop culture. He made reference to events, music and movies that came out in the 70's and 80's and I was always talking about Beyonce and Lady GaGa...it was kind of awkward LOL. But other than that everything was fine. Oh, and also he annoyed me a bit because sometimes I felt that he could be a bit condescending because of our age difference.
    Not to discourage anyone though! Sometimes the age gap does work out. Age doesn't always define a person.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu August 19th, 2010, 22:38

Quote Originally Posted by bee4ever
    Not to discourage anyone though! Sometimes the age gap does work out. Age doesn't always define a person.
    it is always about personality ...

what annoyed me was when we were talking, having fun and and kissing. Then he looked at me and said : "What's happened with you? Do you see that I am more then 15 years older?"
    nekoo.cz - follow me

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri August 20th, 2010, 04:51

^ That's a bit weird. :-?

I didn't mean to sound ageist above...I'm happy being friends with people of all ages (and I am), I guess what I meant by my comment is I wouldn't date someone who's old enough to be my dad. Nor would I be too much of a cougar/cradle snatcher. Everybody's different in that regard, but I don't think people care too much about it these days.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 30th, 2010, 19:05

I'm distinctly single atm, and i'm determined not to get involved until i'm at Uni.

Although, me and my friends went camping last week, and I was pretending to be asleep in the tent, and outside the door of the tent, two girls in the group, one I fancy, went to the other, 'he is cute, i'd go out with him. Ryan that is, not Tom'. :evil:

I was crushed

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 30th, 2010, 19:20

I think this thread is funny

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 30th, 2010, 19:26

My only advice to you dahhlings is who needs marriage or engagements or any of that. Finding a boy/girl/Thing/Animal/Hobbie is hard enough in this day and age.
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know Im going under..."

Legend
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 31st, 2010, 00:08

Quote Originally Posted by Tom92
    I'm distinctly single atm, and i'm determined not to get involved until i'm at Uni.

Although, me and my friends went camping last week, and I was pretending to be asleep in the tent, and outside the door of the tent, two girls in the group, one I fancy, went to the other, 'he is cute, i'd go out with him. Ryan that is, not Tom'. :evil:

I was crushed
    Oh no

Here's one - if a girl said the followings things to you, would you assume she fancied you?

"Do you think people think we're a couple?".
    "I said to her "I would've thought Michael was quite nice if I wasn't with my boyfriend when we met"".
    "I found a photo of us from last Christmas and my everyone who's seen it says we'd make a lovely couple".

This person has a boyfriend but one night kept holding my hand and kissing me on the lips.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 31st, 2010, 00:19

Quote Originally Posted by Dru4life
    My only advice to you dahhlings is who needs marriage or engagements or any of that. Finding a boy/girl/Thing/Animal/Hobbie is hard enough in this day and age.
    Are you sure you're not Susan Boyle in disguise? That seems like something she would say
    I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 31st, 2010, 00:20

Quote Originally Posted by theberen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru4life
    Are you sure you're not Susan Boyle in disguise? That seems like something she would say
    no dahhling my bins are full to the brim.

"I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know Im going under..."

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 31st, 2010, 00:22

Well I'm young free & single too maybe I should take up rubbish dumping as hobby as well!
    I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue August 31st, 2010, 00:29

I'm young free and single and its driving me mad now. I need someone. I'm so tired of being on my own. I really liked it at the start but I need someone and I have real confidence issues. I've been told by girls i'm good enough looking but I just have zero confidence and for a while my single life was a choice but now i think i have no way out of this rut I am in. See I fell in love with a girl and told her but it never came to anything and she went off with my best friend and I saw the whole thing develop in front of me and i was crushed and when I thought I was over her, I realised I actually wasn't. But i don't know where to go from here. I need to get over my confidence issues but i don't know what to do!!!