Page 512 of 517 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514 ... LastLast
Results 12,776 to 12,800 of 12913

Thread: Christina Aguilera

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 16:14

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post

Hallelujah
    What an amazing performance. Hopefully they'll upload Hurt performance soon too.

Legend
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 00:24

I'm so glad she finally acknowledges her bubblegum pop days! She has always loathed it during the Stripped and Back to Basics eras.

by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 08:56

Those eras were not too bubblegum though so that was always weird
    Forever Young

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 22:48

tired o throwbacks already! she needs to release more music from the vault ASAP

Also, where is the Spanish album?

Build momentum girl! And claim back your throne

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 09:26

Why hasn't her team reported the x tour gross yet? It seemed to be successful

Legend
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 11:14

I hate that they disrespected Christina on the YouTube VMAs 2003 title, they didn't even put her name there. Also, Missy got the top billing (which shouldn't be the case even if she is this year's Vanguard recipient) when she was just there for only 1/3 of the whole performance.

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 11:16

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    I hate that they disrespected Christina on the YouTube VMAs 2003 title, they didn't even put her name there. Also, Missy got the top billing (which shouldn't be the case even if she is this year's Vanguard recipient) when she was just there for only 1/3 of the whole performance.
    I don't understand why the media hate her so much. They use every opportunity to shade her

Legend
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 11:29

Quote Originally Posted by BackToBasicsLover View Post
    I don't understand why the media hate her so much. They use every opportunity to shade her
    The MTV channel wanted some controversy obviously. I can't believe they were that "lazy" to type her name in the video title when she was a major performer.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 11:35

I'm so glad she finally acknowledges her bubblegum pop days! She has always loathed it during the Stripped and Back to Basics eras.
    She has always been pretentious.
    You hate the heat, you got the blues
    You're changing like the weather, oh, that's so like you

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 12:53

The MTV channel wanted some controversy obviously. I can't believe they were that "lazy" to type her name in the video title when she was a major performer.
    But why do such things always happen to Xtina? Why hasn't any website,music channel etc. forgot to put Beyonce name where it's supposed to be? It always happens to Christina...I hope her team'll do something about it because it's disrespectful

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 12:59

Quote Originally Posted by GonPop View Post
    tired o throwbacks already! she needs to release more music from the vault ASAP

Also, where is the Spanish album?

Build momentum girl! And claim back your throne
    Idk why she's promised us so much things and hasn't done almost anything of it yet...She can slay spanish language markets if she wants to but it seems like she just gave up after Bionic failure. Liberation deserved to be heard by as many people as possible and Xtina herself paid the album dust. Same thing'll probably happen to the spanish album if it's released. She's been talking about recordin an album in spanish for over a decade but nothing much has happened yet. I think that spring/summer 2020 is the most probable date.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 20:01

The media hate Xtina, that's all we know

Superstar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 21:56

Idk why she's promised us so much things and hasn't done almost anything of it yet...She can slay spanish language markets if she wants to but it seems like she just gave up after Bionic failure. Liberation deserved to be heard by as many people as possible and Xtina herself paid the album dust. Same thing'll probably happen to the spanish album if it's released. She's been talking about recordin an album in spanish for over a decade but nothing much has happened yet. I think that spring/summer 2020 is the most probable date.
    It's important to not get your hopes up when it comes to Christina, she has a spanish album coming, a Pink duet there, a special album in the vault, all this was revealed over the past 12 months and all we have heard is crickets.

She is a mother first and a singer/popstar a distant second.

She has the potential to make a good comeback but she would have to put the time and effort in and maybe get a manager who isn't 71 years old. I don't think she is willing anymore, doesn't help when she releases songs like Accelerate as the lead single.

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 22:53

They added her name now. I guess every comment being about Christina instead of the performance was too much heat for MTV to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
    It's important to not get your hopes up when it comes to Christina, she has a spanish album coming, a Pink duet there, a special album in the vault, all this was revealed over the past 12 months and all we have heard is crickets.

She has the potential to make a good comeback but she would have to put the time and effort in and maybe get a manager who isn't 71 years old. I don't think she is willing anymore, doesn't help when she releases songs like Accelerate as the lead single.
    By making "Accelerate" the first single with that video instead of "Twice" clearly shows that she is not interested in having another smash era sadly. It was kind of self-sabotage because I know she knows that "Twice" is classic Christina. I just think she's in a different headspace at the moment. Maybe in the future she'll have the drive to be on top again because she's capable

Superstar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 23:35

Yes, Twice with a beautifully shot video would have been lovely over the abortion of a video Accelerate had, worst video she's ever done, and possibly worst single.

Legend
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 06:39

They probably thought that "Accelerate" would be a streaming hit.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 08:50

They probably thought that "Accelerate" would be a streaming hit.
    Maybe. They should have just released Fall in Line first instead of releasing Accelerate and Twice first, they killed a lot of the hype with Accelerate because the fans and casual listeners hates it (for the most part).

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 08:52

Yes, I´m sure that they think we´re still in the early 2000s and the shock value of her being over sexual in the MV would make it viral.
    Fortunately, these days are long gone and tbh she looked awful in the video.

And then they followed up with Fall in Line to try to get an younger audience but the truth is that the song is nothing but a screamfest.

So we got the two worst songs on the album to promote it

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 12:37

Whatever people say. Accelerate will stay that bop

Legend
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 12:40

Accelerate is indeed a bop but it was the wrong song to choose as a lead single.
    And the video was terrible.

She definitely should've released Twice and Deserve as singles.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 12:54

She basically has done the same strategy most of her career. First a sensual/sexual single and then a more slower song. Accelerate could have worked if they clearly released it as album teaser around the album date. Twice would have been a wonderful choice as single. The performances on the tours she has done have been wonderful.

Though realistically speaking, I don't think any song would have done well. After two underperforming eras and ageism, I don't expect her to ever have any huge hits anymore. That is why I think the Liberation singles order don't matter too much

After lettuce, she probably just wanna do whatever she likes

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 16:31

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

I don't get mu hopes up but many fans do because of what she's been saying. She's became more active on twitter since 2018 and tweeted many times about the special album,the album in the vault, more surprises etc. but we haven't got a thing yet. I do understand that she's not interested in doing 500 interviews and performances across the globe as she did in 2002 and 2006 but I feel like Liberation deserved a bit more. FIL deserved a good,televised performance since the one at the BBMAs was pretty bad in my opinion. I still don't understand how can a singer promote an album/a tour by giving 1000 interviews and 2 performances. Xtina should perform on tv more instead of talking same old thing 500 times. She needs new team to evolve as an artist. Liberation tour had limited budget but was organised pretty well whereas 1st leg of the residency and the x tour were boring to me. I would love to see better outfits and new versions of old songs. She seems very happy to be back on stage but her stage presence is way worse than it was a few years ago. I love to watch b2b tour and performances she gave during that era but I hardly ever come back to clips from LT,the residency or the x tour and when I do it, I usually watch twice performances. The residency and the x tour seem so boring,maybe because of the fact that songs from Liberation are put into medleys and she's focused on old songs...
    Last edited by BackToBasicsLover; Thu August 22nd, 2019 at 16:33.