• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevyy
    Site Supporter
    • 14 May 2005

Originally posted by mimifan09
    Originally posted by stevyy
    TEOF is one of my favoutite albums of the past 1 and 1/2 years. I played it to death.

wait till you see my smile is one of my alltime favourite songs.
    Same. Its the only Alicia album I really adore.
    I also love her previous releases. Alicia is just so likeable because - as Sam said- she does put much effort in it - in her career. She seems like a humble person and she stays focused. I love her since the very first beginning.
    My Chart

Comment

• kendallamc
      • 28 Jan 2010

So the re-release not happening?

Comment

• Wmosi
        Superstar
        • 05 Jan 2010

Am i the only one who thinks Diary is her best album??
        Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

Comment

• Plym
          Legend
          • 22 May 2005

Originally posted by Wmosi
          No, that's my favourite too.
          So personal and her best written work for me.
          what's going on?

Comment

• Wmosi
            Superstar
            • 05 Jan 2010

Originally posted by Plym
            Originally posted by Wmosi
            No, that's my favourite too.
            So personal and her best written work for me.
            I didn't really like some of the Pop balladry that plagued parts of Element of Freedom,i prefer her more Hip Hop influenced work in Diary and Songs In A Minor.

I hope her next album is more "Speechless" and less "Doesn't Mean Anything."
            Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

Comment

• TheRealest
              Legend
              • 09 Dec 2009

Originally posted by kendallamc
              So the re-release not happening?
              Nope. On to the next one.

Comment

• glamdoll
                Personal Assistant
                • 24 May 2010

Put It In A Love Song Video Preview-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NR-EV1F-Wg

Comment

• Vanti
                  Personal Assistant
                  • 28 Nov 2007

My heart breaks 4 Japan. woke up this morning early w/ a song in my heart. not sure what but wow! so much going on in the world! #pray4japan
                  Mar 11

Just wrote a song last night with @aliciakeys in 20mins, inspired by what's going on in Japan & in the world in general... Live Love Life!
                  22 hours ago
                  Here for Alicia Keys only.

Comment

• HouseTargaryen
                    Legend
                    • 27 Jan 2008

Alicia Keys is a legend. For her to sell 6 and 4 million respectively while R&B was dying out is major. Those numbers are amazing for anyone. Let alone the ''Queen of R&B.'' I think her next album will be huge because she dominated in UK and she will more than likely dominate US which means another ''Songs in Minor'' era lol (wishful thinking). I think she pave the way for the soul singers in UK to cross over here imo. Does anyone have her digital sales??????

Comment

• Vanti
                      Personal Assistant
                      • 28 Nov 2007

Amen to that. They can hate Alicia all they want, but there is no denying the impact she has had.
                      Billboard ranked her the 10th Most Successfull R&B Artist of all time. Based on chart success. And she is the youngest person on that list.
                      She also holds the record for most #1s on the Adult R&B Chart. With 9 #1's, she is way above Whitney, Aretha.
                      Alicia is here to stay.
                      Her next album will be massive, not because her fans want it to be, but because its automatic.
                      Many critics have said it before, and i concur: Alicia's best is yet to come. She has that much talent in her.

Comment

• HouseTargaryen
                        Legend
                        • 27 Jan 2008

Anypone know her digital sales for US and any estimations on her European sales for TEOF???????

Comment

• spiritboy
                          Legend
                          • 11 Jan 2004

She tweeted about a surprise in June, i hope it's about the new album
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Vanti
                            Personal Assistant
                            • 28 Nov 2007

Originally posted by spiritboy
                            Nope.
                            The suprise she was talking about leaked yesterday.
                            She will be directing a short film in conjunction with Project 5, about breast cancer and its diagnosis.
                            Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore and Patti Jenkins are also involved.

Meaning Alicia will be making her directoral debut in JUNE, cause that's when the short films will be released.

Comment

• spiritboy
                              Legend
                              • 11 Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vanti
                              Originally posted by spiritboy
                              Nope.
                              The suprise she was talking about leaked yesterday.
                              She will be directing a short film in conjunction with Project 5, about breast cancer and its diagnosis.
                              Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore and Patti Jenkins are also involved.

Meaning Alicia will be making her directoral debut in JUNE, cause that's when the short films will be released.
                              Oh, good for her but i'm disappointed
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• whan
                                Personal Assistant
                                • 22 Nov 2009

Originally posted by Wonderwoman_se
                                I absolutely hate when people say TEOF wasn't successful. It was one of the Top 10 selling albums in 2010 w/o a hit single, until Unthinkable. I think people just say it wasn't successful because she didn't have a top 20 this era. It was greatly successful and produced her biggest R&B hit to date. It was definitely her biggest era in the UK as well. I rarely question Alicia; she has been consistent and staying away from heavy trends since she came out. The new album IMO will be great, esp since it seems she's taking her time with it, unlike the very rushed TEOF. IMO As I Am sounds NOTHING like any of her other music, and I'd prefer that originality in her new album. love her, she's one of the few great artists we have today.
                                7th best selling album of the year can't be flop.

Comment

• Vanti
                                  Personal Assistant
                                  • 28 Nov 2007

UK Chart this week:
                                  51 61 ,68 wks on the chart THE ELEMENT OF FREEDOM Alicia Keys
                                  Astonishing that this album is still selling in the UK, with no single or promo. This is her longest chart run in the UK.
                                  Does anyone have the latest Total sales for The Element of Freedom in the UK?

Comment

• Plym
                                    Legend
                                    • 22 May 2005

Re-Release!

From Rap-Up

Alicia Keys is set to commemorate the release of her multi-platinum debut songs in A minor with a special 10th Anniversary Deluxe and Collector’s edition. To celebrate the occasion, she will also give an intimate performance at New York City’s Beacon Theatre.

The Deluxe two-disc set and Collector’s Edition three-disc edition, due June 28, will boast special packaging and a beefed up booklet featuring new liner notes. Unheard tunes that didn’t make the original tracklisting will be featured on the new releases, including “A Woman’s Worth (Remix)” featuring Nas, the mixtape version of “Juiciest,” the previously unreleased “Typewriter,” and more.

Additionally, the Collector’s Edition will feature a documentary created for the commemorative release. The film explores the making of the album as well as interviews with Keys and those who worked on the Grammy-winning record.

“It’s incredibly surreal for me to be celebrating the 10th anniversary of songs in A minor,” stated Alicia. “Looking back on the journey, I’m truly moved by my fans and friends who’ve been with me and have supported me throughout my career. This album is possibly the most precious to me, as your first album only happens once, and so songs in A minor will always hold a special place in my life that’s filled with amazing memories.”

The New York native will also grace the stage at the Beacon Theatre on June 30 for the one-of-a-kind “Piano & I: A One Night Only Event with Alicia Keys,” where she will play songs from the album as well as cuts from her oeuvre.

“I’m so proud that the songs are still being enjoyed around the world, and I’m crazy excited to share, through the 10th Anniversary Edition, songs never heard before, and even more of my debut album with you,” she added.

In addition, Keys will perform at the BET Awards on June 26 and an hour-long special on her career will air on the network in late June.
                                    what's going on?

Comment

• kash27
                                      Manager
                                      • 02 Jan 2008

Just about to post this lol!

Comment

• Vanti
                                        Personal Assistant
                                        • 28 Nov 2007

Alicia Keys received 2 nominations at this years BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS, set for May 2011.
                                        *TOP R&B ARTIST
                                        *TOP R&B SONG for Un-thinkable (I'm ready)

Comment

• stevyy
                                          Site Supporter
                                          • 14 May 2005

Originally posted by Vanti
                                          Alicia Keys received 2 nominations at this years BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS, set for May 2011.
                                          *TOP R&B ARTIST
                                          *TOP R&B SONG for Un-thinkable (I'm ready)
                                          she deserves both awards... no one else does.
                                          My Chart

Comment

Working...