User Tag List

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 962

Thread: Girls Aloud

  1. #26
    Fan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2006
    Location
    Spice World
    Posts
    13,517
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Mon October 25th, 2010, 17:02

    ^So true.
    And she was in the UK, so we can expect to see some new stories about how much they hate each other in the next few days
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

  2. #27
    Cactuar's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    24 Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6,447
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue October 26th, 2010, 01:57

    Nadine, who releases her debut solo single “Insatiable” 1st November quashed rumours that she was desperate to perform on the ITV show that Cheryl is a part of. ‘I’m not doing Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor for this campaign. I only want to do live shows. I think the problem, well not the problem as such, but what happens with TV shows is you can’t always do things live. You can’t really get the full effect and with “Insatiable” being such a big song and because I’m just starting off I want it to be all about doing stuff live.
    :-? Yes, because singing live onstage is much more important then selling records.

    http://www.misformusic.com/2010/10/nadi ... t-to-mime/
    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?

  3. #28
    king_oxymoron's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Apr 2003
    Location
    Just alone with my thoughts...
    Posts
    37,110
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue October 26th, 2010, 07:00

    That's totally invalid anyway because you can sing live on both?!

  4. #29
    Fan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2006
    Location
    Spice World
    Posts
    13,517
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue October 26th, 2010, 07:25

    Lol, that's such a poor excuse The producers just don't want her in the shows so this is just stupid. Nobody is saying no the X Factor when you've got something to promote. And loads of artists have sang live before on both shows.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

  5. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    05 Dec 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue October 26th, 2010, 18:02

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar
    Nadine, who releases her debut solo single “Insatiable” 1st November quashed rumours that she was desperate to perform on the ITV show that Cheryl is a part of. ‘I’m not doing Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor for this campaign. I only want to do live shows. I think the problem, well not the problem as such, but what happens with TV shows is you can’t always do things live. You can’t really get the full effect and with “Insatiable” being such a big song and because I’m just starting off I want it to be all about doing stuff live.
    :-? Yes, because singing live onstage is much more important then selling records.

    http://www.misformusic.com/2010/10/nadi ... t-to-mime/
    yes...singing LIVE is much more important then selling records!

    that is...if you're a true artist...
    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

  6. #31
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,298
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue October 26th, 2010, 18:06

    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRodrigues
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar
    Nadine, who releases her debut solo single “Insatiable” 1st November quashed rumours that she was desperate to perform on the ITV show that Cheryl is a part of. ‘I’m not doing Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor for this campaign. I only want to do live shows. I think the problem, well not the problem as such, but what happens with TV shows is you can’t always do things live. You can’t really get the full effect and with “Insatiable” being such a big song and because I’m just starting off I want it to be all about doing stuff live.
    :-? Yes, because singing live onstage is much more important then selling records.

    http://www.misformusic.com/2010/10/nadi ... t-to-mime/
    yes...singing LIVE is much more important then selling records!

    that is...if you're a true artist...
    Nop, true artistry is about the quality of the songs and not whether u sing live or not. If you have a crap cheesy song and you sing it live, does that make you an artist?

  7. #32
    Shorty's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Feb 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    14,348
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Mon November 1st, 2010, 08:50

    Sorry to be a shameless plugger, but if you're a GA fan, and haven't already, check out my GA countdown! I'm counting their top 100 songs and today I just posted the songs that missed the countdown

    All the GA goodness here!

    I'd love more feedback
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

  8. #33
    Fan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2006
    Location
    Spice World
    Posts
    13,517
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri November 5th, 2010, 13:13

    Cheryl has signed a thee album deal in the US according to The Sun. That doesn't sound too good for the future of Girls Aloud if that's really true.
    I know I should be happy for her, but still it doesn't sound that good to me.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

  9. #34
    Cactuar's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    24 Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6,447
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri November 5th, 2010, 15:52

    Apparently Cheryl's been offered 6 million pounds for her 3-album US deal!

    In other news...

    Kimberley - who has been in Girls Aloud with Cheryl for more than eight years - goes to the studio and hangs out backstage with her pal every single week.

    But she has never once voted for Cher Lloyd, Treyc Cohen, Katie Waissel or Rebecca Ferguson.

    In fact, the only times she has voted have been for Louis's John Adeleye, who went out in week three. Kimberley admitted to TV Biz: "I don't vote, actually.

    "I know I should. I am one of those people that Cheryl is always moaning about because I'm not happy when my favourite goes - but I don't vote.

    "Although I did vote a few times for John because I felt he was a good singer and I felt he needed it and I felt sorry for him."

    But Kimberley insists she loves the show and is thrilled Cheryl can get her the hottest ticket in town.

    She said: "Of course I love watching the show. What's the point in having a friend on the show if you can't get tickets to come and watch?"

    And she was blown away last week by Cher, who sang her version of Shakespear's Sister number one Stay.

    She added: "I love Rebecca. Although Cher's performance of Stay gave me goosebumps."

    Kimberley also spoke out about the girls' alleged rift with bandmate Nadine Coyle.

    Kimberley admitted she, Cheryl and Nicola Roberts went to a Halloween party at Sarah Harding's house rather than support Nadine, who was performing her new single Insatiable at G-A-Y.

    She said: "There is nothing to say. We missed the Halloween show at G-A-Y which was a real shame."


    But she insisted she would make time for the band's fifth member soon.

    She added: "I'm in Dublin at the end of the week and I think she is there too. So I'll see if I can meet her there."

    Kimberley also advised Nadine not to get down about her single only being at number 35 in the mid-week charts.

    She said: "You can't concentrate on the chart positions or you will go mad."
    I love her now! She's such a lovely girl.
    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?

  10. #35
    Mikerocha's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 2008
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    9,365
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri November 5th, 2010, 15:58

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMusicLova
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    I don't know if I care if they record together again now, it had to end one day and if they don't release anything else they disbanded on a high.
    I agree. I actually would go as far as saying that they don't need the group anymore.
    Nadine and Cheryl are releasing music that sounds better than atleast 70% of GA's material (IMO) and Kimberly is doing Suck My Pop...Nicola is making a success of her make-up range and Sarah has the potential to be a very good actress. Girls Aloud had a good run, released some immense pop music and it would be nice to see them do another album one day but let the girls do their own thing for a while!
    Untouchable would have been the perfect last single With them crashing on earth... that's an excuse for not coming back...
    “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

    “I’m staying right here.”

  11. #36
    Mikerocha's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 2008
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    9,365
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri November 5th, 2010, 16:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar
    Apparently Cheryl's been offered 6 million pounds for her 3-album US deal!

    In other news...

    Kimberley - who has been in Girls Aloud with Cheryl for more than eight years - goes to the studio and hangs out backstage with her pal every single week.

    But she has never once voted for Cher Lloyd, Treyc Cohen, Katie Waissel or Rebecca Ferguson.

    In fact, the only times she has voted have been for Louis's John Adeleye, who went out in week three. Kimberley admitted to TV Biz: "I don't vote, actually.

    "I know I should. I am one of those people that Cheryl is always moaning about because I'm not happy when my favourite goes - but I don't vote.

    "Although I did vote a few times for John because I felt he was a good singer and I felt he needed it and I felt sorry for him."

    But Kimberley insists she loves the show and is thrilled Cheryl can get her the hottest ticket in town.

    She said: "Of course I love watching the show. What's the point in having a friend on the show if you can't get tickets to come and watch?"

    And she was blown away last week by Cher, who sang her version of Shakespear's Sister number one Stay.

    She added: "I love Rebecca. Although Cher's performance of Stay gave me goosebumps."

    Kimberley also spoke out about the girls' alleged rift with bandmate Nadine Coyle.

    Kimberley admitted she, Cheryl and Nicola Roberts went to a Halloween party at Sarah Harding's house rather than support Nadine, who was performing her new single Insatiable at G-A-Y.

    She said: "There is nothing to say. We missed the Halloween show at G-A-Y which was a real shame."


    But she insisted she would make time for the band's fifth member soon.

    She added: "I'm in Dublin at the end of the week and I think she is there too. So I'll see if I can meet her there."

    Kimberley also advised Nadine not to get down about her single only being at number 35 in the mid-week charts.

    She said: "You can't concentrate on the chart positions or you will go mad."
    I love her now! She's such a lovely girl.
    Well they didn't support Nadine because Nadine didn't support Cheryl... Karma is a whore
    “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

    “I’m staying right here.”

  12. #37
    UKMusicLova's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    05 Sep 2006
    Location
    On a Cosmic journey
    Posts
    30,719
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat November 6th, 2010, 02:08

    The next Girls Aloud to have a dab at some solo stuff is Kimberley Walsh!
    She is featuring on Aggro Santos next single "Like You Like".
    They have both shot the video for it a couple days ago.

  13. #38
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,265
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat November 6th, 2010, 02:37

    Don't think they'll get back together. 3 album deal can disappear. Cheryl has better success than Girls Aloud in recent years, record company don't mind where the sales are coming from. Comes to me as Cheryl, Nicole, Kimberley, Sarah, then Nadine alone? Probably...most likely.

  14. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat November 6th, 2010, 20:49

    I hope this reunion comes next year.

    Cheryl's about to take over the world with her American record deal, but still, the British pop scene just isn't the same without Girls Aloud!

  15. #40
    Cactuar's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    24 Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6,447
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun November 7th, 2010, 01:38

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom92
    I hope this reunion comes next year.

    Cheryl's about to take over the world with her American record deal, but still, the British pop scene just isn't the same without Girls Aloud!
    Yeah, look at their stand ins. :-? Bloody Saturdays for God's sake.
    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?

  16. #41
    Fan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2006
    Location
    Spice World
    Posts
    13,517
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun November 7th, 2010, 14:35

    As much as I love The Sats, thet are just not Girls Aloud.
    There has never been any girlgroup like them, they just have something special. Just show me one other girlband who could rock a song like I Predict A Riot/Teenage Dirtbag - I can't think of any. They can almost sing anything and that's what makes them so unique.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

  17. #42
    UKMusicLova's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    05 Sep 2006
    Location
    On a Cosmic journey
    Posts
    30,719
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun November 7th, 2010, 15:15

    I've actually got to admit that I've preferred the likes of Cheryl and Nadine solo! And now I want a solo Kim album and even sort of looking out for a solo Nicola album!

    I never thought GA were that good, and IMO The Saturdays are much, much better.

  18. #43
    Spartan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    34,126
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue November 9th, 2010, 00:19

    ^ I'm actually the complete opposite. Nadine's solo stuff is decent, Cheryl's had a few good songs bt nothing has really lived up to the high quality of Girls Aloud's music. I think it's probably down to having them around for 7 years and being use to them releasing some amazing pop tunes - a feet which hasn't been acheived by either Cole or Coyle in my opinion.

  19. #44
    Cactuar's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    24 Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6,447
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue November 9th, 2010, 01:33

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    ^ I'm actually the complete opposite. Nadine's solo stuff is decent, Cheryl's had a few good songs bt nothing has really lived up to the high quality of Girls Aloud's music.
    Agreed!
    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?

  20. #45
    Cactuar's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    24 Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6,447
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed November 10th, 2010, 13:18

    This was from a poll done on Popjustice in January 2009 I believe.
    In a recent Pointless Vote we asked you which member of Girls Aloud would be the first to achieve a solo Number One.

    Obviously first Number One doesn't mean biggest Number One and biggest Number One doesn't mean best Number One, and it's as likely to depend on little more than which release date is best for which artist, but here's how you voted.

    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?

  21. #46
    Spartan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    34,126
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed November 10th, 2010, 15:05

    I'd love it if Nicola became more successful than Cheryl, that would just be hilarious.

  22. #47
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri November 12th, 2010, 02:33

    Little fact here...

    On Facebook, Cheryl Cole as a solo artist has 2,800,000 fans.

    Girls Aloud as a group, on the other hand, have 198,000 fans.

    Its more Credible to like Cheryl Cole?

  23. #48
    Fan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2006
    Location
    Spice World
    Posts
    13,517
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun November 14th, 2010, 12:43

    Nicola and Cheryl seem to be closer than ever at the moment, together with Kimberley. I love it
    It seems like both girls are at X Factor almost every week, Nicola was even spotted there on Friday during rehearsals.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

  24. #49
    Fan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2006
    Location
    Spice World
    Posts
    13,517
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri December 3rd, 2010, 15:47

    So with Cheryl going all American, I think the chances of a new Girls Aloud album are getting smaller and smaller. Something I absolutely hate.

    I watched the Out Of Control tour DVD again yesterday and I realised again how much I miss them. They have so much chemistry (yeah, really!) together. And no one of them is as good solo as they are in the band.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

  25. #50
    UKMusicLova's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    05 Sep 2006
    Location
    On a Cosmic journey
    Posts
    30,719
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri December 10th, 2010, 22:29

    Kimberley performed "Hate That I Love You" with Ne-Yo on his One Night Stand program!

    This girl doesn't get enough credit for her vocals! She sounded absolutely stunning! She has the most beautiful tone and she nailed the big note! She can definitely sing better than Cheryl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •